Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
psherman, MrCreed, zerep, Tylerc1851, Dusty626
64342 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 90,103
stxranchman 53,720
bill oxner 49,687
RKHarm24 44,577
rifleman 44,411
BMD 41,009
SnakeWrangler 39,464
Big Orn 37,484
txshntr 35,376
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics417,695
Posts6,072,777
Members64,342
Most Online16,728
Mar 25th, 2012
Print Thread
Need help with a score #6937596
10/29/17 01:01 PM
10/29/17 01:01 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 264
C
caseyusmc Offline OP
Bird Dog
caseyusmc  Offline OP
Bird Dog
C

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 264



Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6937612
10/29/17 01:25 PM
10/29/17 01:25 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,967
The Outer Limits
S
Stub Online happy
THF Celebrity
Stub  Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,967
The Outer Limits
Love the double drop tines, good looking buck rifle up


texas flag




davidl@pmstandleymotorcars.com
http://www.pmstandley.com/
972- 845-4073







Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6937747
10/29/17 03:32 PM
10/29/17 03:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,352
Albany
H
huntwest Online content
Veteran Tracker
huntwest  Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,352
Albany
Who cares what the score is. Shoot

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6937783
10/29/17 04:07 PM
10/29/17 04:07 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,552
B
Brandon Adamcik Offline
Pro Tracker
Brandon Adamcik  Offline
Pro Tracker
B

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,552
High 160's

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6937793
10/29/17 04:28 PM
10/29/17 04:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 358
GATESVILLE TX
Slick Head Offline
Bird Dog
Slick Head  Offline
Bird Dog

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 358
GATESVILLE TX
165

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6937942
10/29/17 07:15 PM
10/29/17 07:15 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,742
College Station
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Hogslayer5L  Offline
Pro Tracker
H

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,742
College Station
Why do you need a score???

Re: Need help with a score [Re: Hogslayer5L] #6937995
10/29/17 08:16 PM
10/29/17 08:16 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 264
C
caseyusmc Offline OP
Bird Dog
caseyusmc  Offline OP
Bird Dog
C

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 264
Have a hunter looking for a certain size buck. I know what I think he will score but a second opinion can't hurt.

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6938042
10/29/17 08:52 PM
10/29/17 08:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,700
McKinney, TX
N
NDN98 Online content
THF Celebrity
NDN98  Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,700
McKinney, TX
With that character, I could care less about score, but if pressed, I would say he is high 160s or low 170s gross.

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6938104
10/29/17 09:45 PM
10/29/17 09:45 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,742
College Station
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Hogslayer5L  Offline
Pro Tracker
H

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,742
College Station
Originally Posted By: caseyusmc
Have a hunter looking for a certain size buck. I know what I think he will score but a second opinion can't hurt.


I cant imagine hunting based only on score. But Id say gross 160

Re: Need help with a score [Re: Stub] #6938350
10/30/17 12:36 AM
10/30/17 12:36 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,783
DFW
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Deerhunter61  Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,783
DFW
Originally Posted By: Stub
Love the double drop tines, good looking buck rifle up

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6939633
10/30/17 07:02 PM
10/30/17 07:02 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,973
Murphy, TX Dickens county
P
Pitchfork Predator Online content
THF Celebrity
Pitchfork Predator  Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,973
Murphy, TX Dickens county
Doesn't matter. This one's all about the CHARACTER!!!! That's what I'd tell your hunter. cheers


Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6939636
10/30/17 07:04 PM
10/30/17 07:04 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26,936
Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
S
SapperTitan Online content
Taking Requests
SapperTitan  Online Content
Taking Requests
S

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26,936
Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
Do you not have previous years sheds that you can measure to get a better estimate?


Originally Posted by bill oxner
I plowed mules.
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I did build a cabin. Aka the brokeback shack.

[Linked Image]
Re: Need help with a score [Re: Hogslayer5L] #6939640
10/30/17 07:05 PM
10/30/17 07:05 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,069
Houston, TX
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
fouzman  Offline
Veteran Tracker

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,069
Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L
Originally Posted By: caseyusmc
Have a hunter looking for a certain size buck. I know what I think he will score but a second opinion can't hurt.


I cant imagine hunting based only on score. But Id say gross 160


Hunting isn't based on score. The price of the hunt is, though. 168.

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6939643
10/30/17 07:07 PM
10/30/17 07:07 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,838
H
hook_n_line Offline
Extreme Tracker
hook_n_line  Offline
Extreme Tracker
H

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,838
eek2 eeks333


Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6939685
10/30/17 07:31 PM
10/30/17 07:31 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 264
C
caseyusmc Offline OP
Bird Dog
caseyusmc  Offline OP
Bird Dog
C

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 264
Fouzman you are correct he is not chasing a certain score deer like I believe some people think. My hunter loved this deer and the score does not matter the score only determines the price. I may be way over scoreing him but I had him going in the 190s which is fine he was just trying to stay under the 200 inch mark since that's the next price jump. And I was a little worried he might slide over the 200 inch mark. This is a really big bodied northern genetic deer so their bodies can lead to being under scored a little. Unfortunately I did not find his sheds this spring to take a better estimate. But hopefully either my hunter comes back soon he did take two bucks this weekend or I get a different hunter that wants him and I can ground check and post pictures and scores soon. I appreciate everyone's comments.

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6939702
10/30/17 07:37 PM
10/30/17 07:37 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,069
Houston, TX
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
fouzman  Offline
Veteran Tracker

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,069
Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: caseyusmc
Fouzman you are correct he is not chasing a certain score deer like I believe some people think. My hunter loved this deer and the score does not matter the score only determines the price. I may be way over scoreing him but I had him going in the 190s which is fine he was just trying to stay under the 200 inch mark since that's the next price jump. And I was a little worried he might slide over the 200 inch mark. This is a really big bodied northern genetic deer so their bodies can lead to being under scored a little. Unfortunately I did not find his sheds this spring to take a better estimate. But hopefully either my hunter comes back soon he did take two bucks this weekend or I get a different hunter that wants him and I can ground check and post pictures and scores soon. I appreciate everyone's comments.


He very well could be that big. I hunted Timberghost Ranch in Iowa for six years and yes, those giant bodied bucks make 180" set of antlers look about 150". Scoring from photos is sooo hard. I'd say I can get within 5 inches on 80% of the deer is see with limited photos like these. The other 20% I'm not even close on roflmao Good luck and let us know when you get to put a tape on him. cheers

Last edited by fouzman; 10/30/17 07:39 PM.
Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6939706
10/30/17 07:41 PM
10/30/17 07:41 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 35,376
Mansfield, Texas
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
txshntr  Offline
T-Rex Arms

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 35,376
Mansfield, Texas
MB 50
M 36
W 19
G1 10
G2 14
G3 20
G4 14
Extra 22 Double drop, inline and kickers

Not sure what your typical frames are, but mid 80's is where I am at.


Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6939711
10/30/17 07:46 PM
10/30/17 07:46 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,073
Austin
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Justin T  Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,073
Austin
I wouldn't expect a per inch price for a deer with that type of character. Why not agree to a price beforehand for that specific deer? Problem solved.


Re: Need help with a score [Re: fouzman] #6939728
10/30/17 07:52 PM
10/30/17 07:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 35,376
Mansfield, Texas
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
txshntr  Offline
T-Rex Arms

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 35,376
Mansfield, Texas
Originally Posted By: fouzman

He very well could be that big. I hunted Timberghost Ranch in Iowa for six years and yes, those giant bodied bucks make 180" set of antlers look about 150". Scoring from photos is sooo hard. I'd say I can get within 5 inches on 80% of the deer is see with limited photos like these. The other 20% I'm not even close on roflmao Good luck and let us know when you get to put a tape on him. cheers


5" on a 130" deer is much different than 5" on a 190" deer or a non-typical. I would claim percentages of error rather than a set number rofl

But I would agree, you are typically pretty accurate IMO


Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6939731
10/30/17 07:54 PM
10/30/17 07:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26,936
Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
S
SapperTitan Online content
Taking Requests
SapperTitan  Online Content
Taking Requests
S

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26,936
Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
Give him a set price for what you think he will score and then charge or discount by the inch for whatever you are off.


Originally Posted by bill oxner
I plowed mules.
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I did build a cabin. Aka the brokeback shack.

[Linked Image]
Re: Need help with a score [Re: txshntr] #6939736
10/30/17 07:59 PM
10/30/17 07:59 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,069
Houston, TX
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
fouzman  Offline
Veteran Tracker

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,069
Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: fouzman

He very well could be that big. I hunted Timberghost Ranch in Iowa for six years and yes, those giant bodied bucks make 180" set of antlers look about 150". Scoring from photos is sooo hard. I'd say I can get within 5 inches on 80% of the deer is see with limited photos like these. The other 20% I'm not even close on roflmao Good luck and let us know when you get to put a tape on him. cheers


5" on a 130" deer is much different than 5" on a 190" deer or a non-typical. I would claim percentages of error rather than a set number rofl

But I would agree, you are typically pretty accurate IMO


I did claim %. 5" on 80% and clueless on 20%. roflmao

Re: Need help with a score [Re: caseyusmc] #6941194
10/31/17 08:21 PM
10/31/17 08:21 PM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 467
Lovelady, Tx
D
Drogers6771 Online content
Bird Dog
Drogers6771  Online Content
Bird Dog
D

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 467
Lovelady, Tx
$250 at the processor

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
UBB.threads™ 7.6.2