Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,022
Posts9,719,504
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Question about importing my trophy caribou from canada #6917143 10/11/17 10:26 PM
S
scooter85 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
S
Ok so I am writing this being a little frustrated so I know I will leave something out but I need your help.
I had the great opportunity to hunt barren ground caribou in Canada last month with a great group of guys. Well now its been a month and I finally spoke to the taxidermist that has all our antlers and hides. He has been very responsive and helpful until now. Now that he found out that all we would like done is for out antlers and hides to just be fleshed salted and shipped. I think he was thinking he was going to get to mount all 10-12 caribou and ship them to us. He would not give me any kind of fleshing salt or shipping number over the phone... I even asked for just a ball park and he just said maybe 250 to ship 1 set of antlers and 2 capes but that's all I got.
He was suppose to send me a estimate today and did not. So I am thinking about loading up and driving 19 hours one way to get my trophy and hell everyones for that matter bringing it back frozen.

I am being lazy and not doing my own research and probably jumping the gun on this deal I want to give the taxidermist the benefit of doubt but the phone call I had with him has me more than frustrated.

So my question is what kind of paperwork will I need to import my animals back to the states? I tried lazily looking and I do not believe a CITES permits are required.
Can I bring back all 10-12 antlers sets and hides from my group? I don't see why I couldn't but you never know
Or does anyone know who or work in the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service I can call to talk to.

As always thanks to anyone with help in advance.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin.
Re: Question about importing my trophy caribou from canada [Re: scooter85] #6917182 10/11/17 10:56 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
PM me regarding a site that might help, unless someone on here answers it to your satisfaction.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Question about importing my trophy caribou from canada [Re: scooter85] #6918683 10/13/17 02:16 AM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Call the folks at www.huntingtrophy.com and discuss you situation with them. They are the defacto experts on shipping and importing hunting trophies. They are a division of Coppersmith Logistics who has been doing it for decades.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide