Print Thread
PL 2nd drawing results are in #6884840 09/12/17 11:48 AM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Private Lands 2nd drawing are in when I checked about 15 minutes ago...and as expected I did not Win the PLE I had been hoping for. 2nd Drawing slots are hard to win, but might be better than trying to win at a StandBy straw drawing at the gate after driving ?? hours to get there. Hope to have Better Luck next year ya'll
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: PL 2nd drawing results are in [Re: WileyCoyote] #6886010 09/13/17 01:10 PM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
If the WMA of your choice offers standbys, that is the way to go. Odds are much tighter. On my Chap hunt in '05, talked to a guy that had been drawn standby 8 times in 12 years. It was the last either sex hunt so they are filling the unused quota as well. I think there was around 150 present for what ended up being 8 spots. That sure beats the first drawing.

I went to a WMA near me for the last hunt and there was 16 standbys for 4 spots. I didn't get pulled but those odds are worth the drive.

[Linked Image]
Re: PL 2nd drawing results are in [Re: WileyCoyote] #6886943 09/14/17 11:41 AM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Not sure if any of the Private Lands locations offer a standby, especially since there is no Permit fee involved. The only places I would attempt a standby are not within a 6 hour one way drive and IMO not worth the effort or expense on a gamble, now that the 2nd Drawing has about dried up those opportunities as it was designed to do. Having said that, I'll work the phones on family and friends 1st then hit the more desirable TPW locations after that that are within a reasonable drive time.

The 9 hours one way to Garner couple years back cured that idea...when even the locals from around San Antonio won't make the trip that tells you all you need to know about the Hunt not selling out of Permits in the drawings OR to any Standby's either....and probably why the the bio guys at Garner have reduced the number of Hunts scheduled...which takes the SP out of the Campers Access available time, since IMO the the SP is run to maximize Campers $$'s.

Drew a Javy Hunt at Choke Canyon one time and was blown away with the #'s of Bexar County guys who showed up in droves for a Standby spot...and all most all of them scored a Permit...and lots of hogs and a few Javy's too were taken...access to the hogs was the big attraction.

My old "where to eat while traveling" Rules of the Road of avoiding any place with an empty parking lot apply here too.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: PL 2nd drawing results are in [Re: WileyCoyote] #6889094 09/16/17 03:01 PM
C
CB327 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Wiley,

How do you know when the second draw is complete other than checking your entries on a daily basis.

Also will it display when all draws are closed for a category.

Chris

Re: PL 2nd drawing results are in [Re: WileyCoyote] #6889273 09/16/17 08:29 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I check my Account daily this time of year. The 2nd drawing notation will drop off when all the dust has settled...keep a close watch on you LP's and you'll notice the addition of another point awarded.

Looked at my stuff at 6'ish this morning and just now sat down at the 'puter, after running errands all day and finally getting some lunch...so my old friends admonition about the blind man's saying is ringing in my ears right now. IMO the chances of winning a 2nd Drawing slot are about the same as winning a 7 figure payout from a $1 scratchoff.

Gonna make a new call list of the places I'd be willing to try for a standby and working the list in a couple weeks and start working the F & F circuit too.

** Just checked the account and with 4 GDE & 1 GDM entries and 15 & 4 LP's ...I lost 1 of the GDE's as Not Selected, and the rest of them are Pending 2nd Drawing for all the good that'll do me. Good Luck Ya'll...it ain't over until it's OVER.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 09/16/17 08:56 PM. Reason: data update

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide