Print Thread
New Pulsar NO picture???? #6845948 08/05/17 02:44 AM
D
doggit Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Got NIB pulsar riflescope today after waiting months. Took it out of box charged battery, installed charged battery, held my breath, pissing in my pants with excitement, hit power button, saw PULSAR logo screen came into view, and all I see is a grey screen with menu options. Reread manual, followed directions in manual, still just grey screen with menu options. I can scroll thru menu options and hear the scope nuking, but see no image in the display? Anyone have any thoughts? And yes I did open the objective lens cap!

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6845988 08/05/17 03:16 AM
I
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Offline
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Turn the lens cover off. Twist the collar on the objective end to the left if you're looking through the scope.

Nevermind. I see you already tried that. A Pulsar with no picture is still better than an ATN. Enjoy it.

Last edited by ImTheReasonDovesMourn; 08/05/17 03:18 AM.

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Haha yea I polished that thing for hours.
Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6846258 08/05/17 03:22 PM
H
He'sDeadJim Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn
A Pulsar with no picture is still better than an ATN. Enjoy it.

Lolololol.

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6846259 08/05/17 03:22 PM
H
He'sDeadJim Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: doggit
Got NIB pulsar riflescope today after waiting months. Took it out of box charged battery, installed charged battery, held my breath, pissing in my pants with excitement, hit power button, saw PULSAR logo screen came into view, and all I see is a grey screen with menu options. Reread manual, followed directions in manual, still just grey screen with menu options. I can scroll thru menu options and hear the scope nuking, but see no image in the display? Anyone have any thoughts? And yes I did open the objective lens cap!

Who did you buy it from?

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6846329 08/05/17 04:29 PM
G
garbs Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Did you make sure that the contrast isn't set to 0? Worst case scenario, Pulsar has some of the best customer service I have ever seen and will definitely take care of you.

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6846445 08/05/17 06:49 PM
D
doggit Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Contacted Pulsar they are sending me another scope end of next week which is good and bad. Waited several months for this one and now waiting some more! SUKS Guess a question I have is don't or shouldn't they turn on the scope and check to make sure it works before it is shipped out? I they did this surely it didn't break or go bad in shipping? I'm not trying to start a Pulsar bash thread, they are doing the right thing and replacing the scope with a new one just wish the one I have and waited so long for worked the first time. And was hoping to get a yeah mine did that and all I had to do was this instead of waiting on a new one. And yes adjusted he front and rear focus rings, contrast up and down and plugged into power supply instead of battery and nothing worked.

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6846985 08/06/17 04:53 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
they probably powered it up, saw it worked and didn't actually test the image through the scope. Although I am no Pulsar worker so i don't know their QC.

Good news is they are sending a new one. Sorry for your disappointment, but think of it as a second time of getting the first time excitement.

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6847082 08/06/17 01:09 PM
MDMORROW Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Which pulsar is it?

[Linked Image]
Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6847283 08/06/17 05:40 PM
D
doggit Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Trail xp38

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6848339 08/07/17 04:29 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I know it doesn't make you feel better but this is the very first DOA Pulsar I've heard of in a very long time. I wish I could say the same for ATN.

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6848384 08/07/17 05:10 PM
D
doggit Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Yeah after waiting so long and $4500 later I would like them to throw in an extra battery or one of the new scope mounts for my troubles? Anyone know who I need to talk to at pulsar about that?
Thanks

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6848488 08/07/17 06:49 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Honestly, normally you'd be dealing with your dealer directly and not Pulsar on an issue like this. However, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I really don't think Pulsar is in the habit of giving stuff away. I'm not telling you that there is no chance, but it seems unlikely. I guess if you are hellbent on getting something free you can call and flat out ask for it but I just don't know of them doing that in the past. The new mounts aren't available yet and have no current ETA. They just got some batteries in stock a few weeks ago for the first time but I'm not sure if they even have any left in stock.

Be glad it's not ATN. You could expect 60+ days to get a replacement, even if a replacement was sitting on their shelf. My last DOA from ATN took 82 days for them to replace. The one before that was 65 days. Brand new units, dead right out of the box. Fun times. eek

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
[Linked Image]
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6848517 08/07/17 07:15 PM
D
doggit Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Thanks for the info. NO I'm not hellbent, just that I drove 2 hours one way to FINALLY pick up unit and man what a ballkick to find out didn't work. I have a company of my own a am just putting myself in a customers place. This isn't a cheap under $1000 item, I could buy a used car for what I spent, so maybe just me but I just expect better QC on such an expensive item. Again not bashing PULSAR I have a spotter and a new scope one day! And will continue to use their products and show my friends, just know from experience 1 happy customer will tell 5 people, but one unhappy customer will tell everyone! And yes I know better than to even CONSIDER an ATN. They have some good products as long as they work. When they stop you are F'd.

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6848541 08/07/17 07:41 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: doggit
Thanks for the info. NO I'm not hellbent, just that I drove 2 hours one way to FINALLY pick up unit and man what a ballkick to find out didn't work. I have a company of my own a am just putting myself in a customers place. This isn't a cheap under $1000 item, I could buy a used car for what I spent, so maybe just me but I just expect better QC on such an expensive item. Again not bashing PULSAR I have a spotter and a new scope one day! And will continue to use their products and show my friends, just know from experience 1 happy customer will tell 5 people, but one unhappy customer will tell everyone! And yes I know better than to even CONSIDER an ATN. They have some good products as long as they work. When they stop you are F'd.

Ha! Ya I agree with that. It won't hurt to call customer service and ask. I agree with whoever said they probably powered it up, saw the Pulsar logo and called it good. I completely understand your frustration though. There is nothing like getting a new toy, no matter how cheap and it not working. And when it's $4,500.....yep I totally understand the frustration level there. I'd be extremely disappointed as well. Just give them a call, be super nice, explain how long you waited, how far you drove etc and ask if there is anything they can do for you? If you'd like a battery, you might specifically throw that suggestion out and see what they say. Good luck!

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
[Linked Image]
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6849837 08/08/17 10:10 PM
MDMORROW Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Shoot me a PM if you don't get any satisfaction on your own. I'll see if I can get in touch with some of the right people for you who may be able to help.

[Linked Image]
Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6864402 08/22/17 01:52 AM
D
doggit Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
D
Just got in my replacement today and so far it works>

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6864534 08/22/17 03:22 AM
MDMORROW Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Glad it all worked out buddy!

[Linked Image]
Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6996599 12/14/17 10:47 PM
***Sean*** Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Pular replaced one of my scopes as well. Customer service is excellent! I have a friend that had a N550 he sent it back and they sent him the 750. Much nicer scope. How do you like it?

Last edited by ***Sean***; 12/14/17 10:48 PM.
Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: doggit] #6996990 12/15/17 03:04 AM
R
red stick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
I can relate to your excitement when your scope arrived. My Pulsar wasn't DOA but I tried to kill it the first weekend after it arrived and my first night of night hunting. I didn't have a handheld so I was using the mounted Pulsar to scan out of a shooting house window 13 feet off the ground.In the pitch blackness I knocked the rifle and brand new XQ50 out the window. The panic was immediate and then amplified when I heard a loud cracking sound when it hit the ground. There wasn't any doubt that my new scope(an early Xmas present from my wife) was a goner. I sat there shaking my head pissed at my dumb [censored] self wondering how I was going to explain to my wife what just happened. When I climbed down my hopes rose when I saw the rifle stock was cracked and that had to be what I heard. I picked the scope up and hit the on button and it fired right up. Went thru a few menu selections and everything was Ok. Lessen learned. I just ordered a hand held monocular.

Re: New Pulsar NO picture???? [Re: red stick] #6997564 12/15/17 04:41 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: red stick
I can relate to your excitement when your scope arrived. My Pulsar wasn't DOA but I tried to kill it the first weekend after it arrived and my first night of night hunting. I didn't have a handheld so I was using the mounted Pulsar to scan out of a shooting house window 13 feet off the ground.In the pitch blackness I knocked the rifle and brand new XQ50 out the window. The panic was immediate and then amplified when I heard a loud cracking sound when it hit the ground. There wasn't any doubt that my new scope(an early Xmas present from my wife) was a goner. I sat there shaking my head pissed at my dumb [censored] self wondering how I was going to explain to my wife what just happened. When I climbed down my hopes rose when I saw the rifle stock was cracked and that had to be what I heard. I picked the scope up and hit the on button and it fired right up. Went thru a few menu selections and everything was Ok. Lessen learned. I just ordered a hand held monocular.

OUCH! I cringed as I read that story. Handheld monoculars are way under rated and I've watched guys sitting on the window of the truck, their who body outside of the truck, riding through bumpy pastures scanning with their thermal mounted on their rifle. Not only is the extremely tiring, uncomfortable and dangerous, it's a great way to drop your rifle/scope as well. I just sit their quietly scanning with my monocular from the comfort of the truck seat. smile Depending on your budget and hunting conditions, it's very often better to buy a lesser scope and put the other money towards a monocular. I rarely convince customers of this and I understand why but until you've used one, you just don't realize how useful a monocular is.

- Jason

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
[Linked Image]
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide