Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668238 02/09/17 05:25 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
You are what you eat.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: Age N Score ?] #6668241 02/09/17 05:26 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Age N Score ?
flag In the end, it's all sausage! bolt

Actually, that's the in between. In the end it's a turd. Just like the jack wagons who have to ask if a deer is HF or LF.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6668246 02/09/17 05:30 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
For the record, when folks post photos and big signs declaring "world records", blah, blah - comment is sure to follow. Circumstances of the "hunt" is fair game. If you can't accept that, don't put it out there.

Questions, comment, and/or observations about something placed in the public domain ain't "bitching". If you're proud of it and think it's all hunky dory, why be defensive about the circumstances? Same for those that get all defensive for others.

The fact that folks want others to just ooh, aah, and ask no questions/brook no comment about the circumstances belies their insecurity about those very circumstances.

In other words, if you're proud, be proud of the entire hunt, not just the size of the deer. Own it all. Or don't publicize it.

People never say "Yes he was taken on a HF hunt in one afternoon that I paid 20K for, so what? I'm still very proud of him. It's all the same." Instead, they get all butthurt and defensive when asked about the hunt. It's all very telling.

It more telling when someone states it was a HF hunt and you go on to attack their hunt, then tell others they they shouldn't apologize to the OP because that what the OP gets for going on a HF hunt, and stating his experiences of it. But that's what you do discredit others hunts and experiences, ironically then you cry when someone questions or makes parallels to your hunts. If it's not a hunt then you chastise their legal weapon choice.

You are by far the most unqualified to chastise on this board simply in experience and in ability to receive and handle similar comments

I do not ask questions much less disparage a photo or other thread actually related to a specific hunt/animal. I also have never started a HF thread.

No mark. Just baseless ranting because I have a different view and some are sensitive at having been backed into corners they have painted themselves in when the subject is discussed.

Just because you pissed on TTechcolleyvilles hunt recap enough to get it moved to the Mod section doesn't mean it didn't happen, also just because the WOS list has been refreshed since then doesn't mean you didn't get banned for it also.

Fact you still take zero ACCOUNTABILITY for it and LIE about it shows your true character.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: therancher] #6668271 02/09/17 05:48 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: don k
This crap is getting out of hand.

This is dancing all around denigration, but no Don, you're not in the habit of denigrating.
It is more denigrating to the Buck pictured. But in reality it is not his fault that he became what is pictured. He was made this way by someone. That someone did it to make a living or most likely as a hobby.But that is what is great about this Country. And like all Animal endeavors if you get in it at the right time and while the market is hot you come out good. But if you get in at the wrong time or stay too long you loose. And seeing and hearing of those in the business bailing it probably is not a very good time to get in it.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: GLC] #6668292 02/09/17 06:08 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: GLC
Just not my cup of tea.

x2

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6668307 02/09/17 06:20 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
For the record, when folks post photos and big signs declaring "world records", blah, blah - comment is sure to follow. Circumstances of the "hunt" is fair game. If you can't accept that, don't put it out there.

Questions, comment, and/or observations about something placed in the public domain ain't "bitching". If you're proud of it and think it's all hunky dory, why be defensive about the circumstances? Same for those that get all defensive for others.

The fact that folks want others to just ooh, aah, and ask no questions/brook no comment about the circumstances belies their insecurity about those very circumstances.

In other words, if you're proud, be proud of the entire hunt, not just the size of the deer. Own it all. Or don't publicize it.

People never say "Yes he was taken on a HF hunt in one afternoon that I paid 20K for, so what? I'm still very proud of him. It's all the same." Instead, they get all butthurt and defensive when asked about the hunt. It's all very telling.

It more telling when someone states it was a HF hunt and you go on to attack their hunt, then tell others they they shouldn't apologize to the OP because that what the OP gets for going on a HF hunt, and stating his experiences of it. But that's what you do discredit others hunts and experiences, ironically then you cry when someone questions or makes parallels to your hunts. If it's not a hunt then you chastise their legal weapon choice.

You are by far the most unqualified to chastise on this board simply in experience and in ability to receive and handle similar comments

I do not ask questions much less disparage a photo or other thread actually related to a specific hunt/animal. I also have never started a HF thread.

No mark. Just baseless ranting because I have a different view and some are sensitive at having been backed into corners they have painted themselves in when the subject is discussed.

Just because you pissed on TTechcolleyvilles hunt recap enough to get it moved to the Mod section doesn't mean it didn't happen, also just because the WOS list has been refreshed since then doesn't mean you didn't get banned for it also.

Fact you still take zero ACCOUNTABILITY for it and LIE about it shows your true character.

Lol I'll not jump into all that revisionist history. You may be allowed to refer to such matters and put your "spin" on same. But I am not.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668330 02/09/17 06:35 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Lol what a joke still no accountability. You would think a grown man would accept responsibility instead of spinning it with a lie.

Same story as always with you.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668379 02/09/17 07:08 PM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Not nearly as pretty as a nice 8 or 10 pointer.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668384 02/09/17 07:12 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Not to change the subject as I do enjoy this light hearted banter. But what does that buck look like if thrown out in a pasture for a couple of years without all the babying?

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668403 02/09/17 07:27 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Looks like they did a good job growing that piece of livestock. Not for me though.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: don k] #6668432 02/09/17 07:51 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Not to change the subject as I do enjoy this light hearted banter. But what does that buck look like if thrown out in a pasture for a couple of years without all the babying?

He may of been in pasture, may of never been hunted, may lived in a 2 acre HF pasture and died of Natural causes, He may still be alive and those are just sheds.

Just a picture of a mount. Not my kind of adventure or deer, but that's a ton of antler for sure

As wide as he is bet wasn't easy for him to eat out of a ported feeder with legs.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668469 02/09/17 08:24 PM
T
TexasKC Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I dont know if this link will work but that buck was raised and killed on a place in Ohio. I'm not going to get in to the HF/LF argument but shooting a buck like that is never going to happen for me anyway. I'll just continue trying to get a decent buck off our place.

http://whackstarhunters.com/sci-world-record-whitetail-raises-eyebrows/

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: Age N Score ?] #6668471 02/09/17 08:27 PM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R

Are you sure the meat is edible?

Let'em grow old
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: rtp] #6668650 02/09/17 10:53 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: rtp

Are you sure the meat is edible?

For sure!!! They don't have Double Down up north

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668668 02/09/17 11:06 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
The New SCI World Record Non-Typical Whitetail was on display at their convention this past week and let us just say it turned a few heads. The tale of the tape is this 671 2/8 inches and was grown and harvested at Dakota Outfitters in Quaker City, Ohio.

What would I do if that deer walked onto my 3 acre low fenced grin food plot scratch confused2

Chootem rifle and be tickled pink about it banana2

Would I pay money to go shootem, no but could care less if someone else did.

texas flag

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668827 02/10/17 12:47 AM
O
Old Rabbit Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
O
They show to have 3 square miles (1920 acres), if I had lots of money I might just have to go and get me a 600 inch bull elk.
Some of their smaller deer look really nice.
To each their own.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6668912 02/10/17 01:54 AM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Sort of like dating a girl with a big chest. Up to a point you can get excited, but after that it becomes grotesque and then just downright disgusting.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: colt45-90] #6669047 02/10/17 03:26 AM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
This crap is getting out of hand.
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Frankenstein's monster deer.....I'd rather see a LF typical 12 pt.
Originally Posted By: colt45
or a good 8

That buck is simply deformed...and from MY perspective is worth less than the basket rack 7pt I have on the wall!

I support the right for people breed/hunt the way they want but it's still ok to not give a rat about it which I don't. I actually feel for him having to carry that much bone on his head.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6669130 02/10/17 05:13 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Lol what a joke still no accountability. You would think a grown man would accept responsibility instead of spinning it with a lie.

Same story as always with you.

What do you expect? He still doesn't admit that B&C (and he), denigrate others for having different preferences. Grousing mother hens who can't accept an alternative opinion.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: Stub] #6669132 02/10/17 05:15 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
[quote=Stub]The New SCI World Record Non-Typical Whitetail was on display at their convention this past week and let us just say it turned a few heads. The tale of the tape is this 671 2/8 inches and was grown and harvested at Dakota Outfitters in Quaker City, Ohio.

What would I do if that deer walked onto my 3 acre low fenced grin food plot scratch confused2

Chootem rifle and be tickled pink about it banana2

Would I pay money to go shootem, no but could care less if someone else did. [/quote]

Perfect.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6669150 02/10/17 08:47 AM
C
Csddarden Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Beast

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6669525 02/10/17 05:20 PM
E
ErnestTBass Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
To each his own, but I don't get it.

I'd much rather spend time hunting free-range wildlife and be proud to kill a fully mature deer that is natural for my area (including a 130 class 8-10 pt hill country deer).

Helping the herd a little with planting or supplemental feeding is one thing. But somewhere you cross the line between wildlife and livestock.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: ErnestTBass] #6671542 02/12/17 01:59 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: ErnestTBass

I'd much rather spend time hunting free-range wildlife and be proud to kill a fully mature deer that is natural for my area (including a 130 class 8-10 pt hill country deer).

Helping the herd a little with planting or supplemental feeding is one thing. But somewhere you cross the line between wildlife and livestock.

Ahhh. So you are the one who determines where the line is. Nice to know. Why don't you do everyone a favor and just tell us where our individual lines are.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: therancher] #6671575 02/12/17 02:22 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: ErnestTBass

Ahhh. So you are the one who determines where the line is. Nice to know. Why don't you do everyone a favor and just tell us where our individual lines are.

Total cheap shot.

He says "To each his own", "I'd much rather", etc. It's his opinion as to what he prefers. He can dang sure determine his own lines. YOU'RE the one trying to act like someone is not even entitled to have an opinion just because it causes you butthurt.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: From Boone and Crocket [Re: FamousAmos] #6671588 02/12/17 02:34 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
He must have had a very strong neck....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread