Forums46
Topics537,952
Posts9,731,065
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6655706 01/31/17 03:49 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I sent him $75 a few years back - first time I have EVER paid to bird hunt locally. What a racket. Had a bunch of camo bikini clad clipboard skanks getting paperwork filled out opening morning of dove season.

Shortly thereafter every 4wd truck in Tarrant County left the parking lot of Home Depot at I-35W and Basswood to hunt. I peeled off real fast after seeing how many trucks were headed to the same 250 acre field.

CORY ANDERSON IS A SCAM ARTIST

Last edited by HuntnFly67; 01/31/17 03:51 PM.
Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6656069 01/31/17 08:00 PM
T
txbowhunt7 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Sad thing is that he actually has potential to have a legitimate operation. Instead he just screws everybody

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6656171 01/31/17 09:38 PM
P
Pike1861 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
Here is my tale of woe - just a few posts down in land and leases.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...;am#Post6654283

There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else. We are a nation, not a hodge-podge of foreign nationalities. Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: FowlDreams] #6656212 01/31/17 10:29 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: FowlDreams
He's been doing this for years. He even used to be on this forum several years ago. I believe he may have even done some jail time for some of the stuff. But sounds like he's at it again.

He was the Guide for a THF Forum hunt...probably unofficial. Forget what year. Duck in the morning Quail in the afternoon. First class lodging in Bridgeport. Spectacular event roflmao

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: ndhunter] #6656419 02/01/17 12:53 AM
F
FowlDreams Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: ndhunter
He's been doing this for years. He even used to be on this forum several years ago. I believe he may have even done some jail time for some of the stuff. But sounds like he's at it again.

He was the Guide for a THF Forum hunt...probably unofficial. Forget what year. Duck in the morning Quail in the afternoon. First class lodging in Bridgeport. Spectacular event roflmao

That hunt is what I was referring to. It was around 08/09 I believe.

Silver Creek Guide Service 817-597-0781

Instagram: @fowldreams @silvercreekguideservice @fdwc_calls
Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6656557 02/01/17 02:24 AM
B
Ben Lilly Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
With the amount of information we have at our fingertips these days it's really hard to sympathize. bolt

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: FowlDreams] #6656607 02/01/17 02:45 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

That hunt is what I was referring to. It was around 08/09 I believe.

That was the biggest joke. I was skeptical and it didn't cost me too much so it wasn't that big of a let down. Getting to meet a few members the night before was cool but that could have been done without lining Cory Anderson's pockets and calling it a guided hunt.

Can't drag back a thread that old but it would be a shameful read if we could.

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6656660 02/01/17 03:21 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

loser8

Last edited by beaversnipe; 02/01/17 02:30 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6656728 02/01/17 04:13 AM
K
Kilo11 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I dealt with him about 10 years ago and had an extremely negative experience. Wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: Kilo11] #6656732 02/01/17 04:16 AM
B
black312mag Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Kilo11
I dealt with him about 10 years ago and had an extremely negative experience. Wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

What happened?

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6656733 02/01/17 04:19 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
scared

Last edited by beaversnipe; 02/01/17 02:28 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: black312mag] #6656740 02/01/17 04:24 AM
K
Kilo11 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted By: black312mag

What happened?

I was new to duck hunting in North Texas and hadn't hunted at all for the 2-3 years prior, so I called him up about doing some gunning. He tried a bunch of bait-and-switch nonsense, then kept trying to cancel and/or change days. When he started trying to get me to pay him up front, I just told him to pound sand. That was the first time I'd ever tried to use a guide and it was definitely not a good experience. I wound up finding a different guide and wound up with a much better situation.

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6656754 02/01/17 04:35 AM
H
huntingag01 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Leased some land from him a few years back. Everytime another group just walked up to try and jump the pond. Most likely he didn't have access. Someone said he locked the gates earlier, doubt it was him, probably the land owner he didn't have permission from.

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: Kilo11] #6656768 02/01/17 04:53 AM
B
black312mag Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: black312mag

What happened?

I was new to duck hunting in North Texas and hadn't hunted at all for the 2-3 years prior, so I called him up about doing some gunning. He tried a bunch of bait-and-switch nonsense, then kept trying to cancel and/or change days. When he started trying to get me to pay him up front, I just told him to pound sand. That was the first time I'd ever tried to use a guide and it was definitely not a good experience. I wound up finding a different guide and wound up with a much better situation.

That's good, it's amazing to me that with how many times he had been blasted on here that forum members keep getting screwed. I have seen posts every year it seems. I just looked back and couldn't find as many as I remember but there are still some.

Side note, which guide service are you hunting with these days?

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6657570 02/01/17 09:05 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6657594 02/01/17 09:19 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
Can't believe this guy hasn't had his arse whipped. He probably never meets anyone in person. I promise, steal money from me, we are going to have a face to face eventually.

Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6658121 02/02/17 03:55 AM
H
HottyToddy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
So... I'm gonna jump in and give my experience. I met Cory in August of 2015 to go look at leases. We met face to face, he drove me around and explained the properties/rules associated with hunting on them, etc. My friend and I had read some of the stuff that's on this site and others, we confronted Cory while with him in a polite and professional way. Cory was able to address the issues presented, explain himself, and we carried on.

Figured why not, lets join the club.

2015/16 season, no real issues other than poor migration. Always had somewhere to hunt. And had a few pretty good hunts.

2016/17 season, renewed membership. Did some dove hunts with him this year. Opening morning we had a full field but within reason. I felt safe, nearest other group to us was 100 yards away.

Duck season. Crushed opening weekend, but before that... I was with Cory briefly Friday night, so I saw first hand the effort he put forth. He was going through scouting reports from his guides (all great guys, hunted with a few) and juggling 3 phones, texting, calling etc. Managing 25 hunters, give or take. I watched the pressure, and demand every single person had, the expectations were set, people wanted to know everything right then. Haha, it was actually kinda funny... I certainly never saw that side of the operation. Think about, hunters are an optimistic group. It's what keeps us coming back. So naturally, there was some level of expectation for immediate results.

Anyways, Cory went through and coordinated all that for the opener. I had a great morning, shot a bunch of ducks, met other groups who were on different properties, some shot some, some didnt... Cant force the birds to be at every hole. But, everyone had somewhere to hunt.

Now think of the coordination the night before the opener... not at the same scale, but that continues through the season. So I try to keep that in mind if communication is ever slow, etc.

This season we had a few slow hunts... but were never promised birds. If the scouts had birds in an area, Cory was honest about it. To my knowledge, he rotated groups and gave everyone a weekend on the most well-scouted holes... Other times, you were just taking a shot and going out to a place that hadnt been scouted. But we had somewhere to hunt, and even the slow hunts you could bag a few...

Not being able to speak for everyone in the club, but knowing at least 12 other members (think there is around 25) who have all had the same opportunities as me... makes me question what is being said in this post. And all the dialogue is others saying, "Yeah I heard he was a crook." - So people "heard" he was...? Theres a few people with bad dove experiences on here (just did a quick skim) but opening weekend of dove season is just gonna be packed. Get further out of the city if you want a more spacious hunt.

Really just wanted to give my experience. Not trying to call anyone a liar, or cause any angst. Just consider the fact that all it took was an irrational, optimistic, hunter who expected limits every time they went out (maybe a few times all season). I went every weekend, sometimes both days... it was hit or miss.. but when we hit, we took banded pintails, limits of redheads (2 ;)), straps of wigeon, I've got a nice hooded merganser at the taxidermist (Avian Arts, awesome guy, and amazing work), as always a ton of gadwall, wish we had more greenheads, and we even resorted to shooting some ringnecks smile

Getting a lease or membership (to leases)... you still have to put in work (maybe offer to go scout, help build blinds, etc.) and you can have an impact on how well the holes produce. It's also a numbers game... You have to go out and have some bad hunts to get the good ones. If you only want good ones, go pay the high dollar guides in OK, KS, AR, SETX, where they hold WAAAAY more ducks than North Texas, and do their day hunts that guarantee birds.

Take it for what its worth...

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6658166 02/02/17 04:40 AM
M
Madewell Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
LOL! I read a thread on here last night that I found out about on another forum. It was from 2010 or 11 and beaversnipe's posts on that thread were just like hotty's on this one. txbowhunt7 had been a guide for him and had quit/been fired the night before as mr anderson screamed obscenities at one of his guides in front of 11 clients. It was a pretty entertaining read. That must have been not too long before he put the screws to you Mr beaversnipe. Here is the link to the thread from 2010.

This has been going on for a while.

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: HottyToddy] #6658173 02/02/17 04:46 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: HottyToddy
So... I'm gonna jump in and give my experience. I met Cory in August of 2015 to go look at leases. We met face to face, he drove me around and explained the properties/rules associated with hunting on them, etc. My friend and I had read some of the stuff that's on this site and others, we confronted Cory while with him in a polite and professional way. Cory was able to address the issues presented, explain himself, and we carried on.

2015/16 season, no real issues other than poor migration. Always had somewhere to hunt. And had a few pretty good hunts.

2016/17 season, renewed membership. Did some dove hunts with him this year. Opening morning we had a full field but within reason. I felt safe, nearest other group to us was 100 yards away.

Duck season. Crushed opening weekend, but before that... I was with Cory briefly Friday night, so I saw first hand the effort he put forth. He was going through scouting reports from his guides (all great guys, hunted with a few) and juggling 3 phones, texting, calling etc. Managing 25 hunters, give or take. I watched the pressure, and demand every single person had, the expectations were set, people wanted to know everything right then. Haha, it was actually kinda funny... I certainly never saw that side of the operation. Think about, hunters are an optimistic group. It's what keeps us coming back. So naturally, there was some level of expectation for immediate results.

Anyways, Cory went through and coordinated all that for the opener. I had a great morning, shot a bunch of ducks, met other groups who were on different properties, some shot some, some didnt... Cant force the birds to be at every hole. But, everyone had somewhere to hunt.

Now think of the coordination the night before the opener... not at the same scale, but that continues through the season. So I try to keep that in mind if communication is ever slow, etc.

This season we had a few slow hunts... but were never promised birds. If the scouts had birds in an area, Cory was honest about it. To my knowledge, he rotated groups and gave everyone a weekend on the most well-scouted holes... Other times, you were just taking a shot and going out to a place that hadnt been scouted. But we had somewhere to hunt, and even the slow hunts you could bag a few...

Not being able to speak for everyone in the club, but knowing at least 12 other members (think there is around 25) who have all had the same opportunities as me... makes me question what is being said in this post. And all the dialogue is others saying, "Yeah I heard he was a crook." - So people "heard" he was...? Theres a few people with bad dove experiences on here (just did a quick skim) but opening weekend of dove season is just gonna be packed. Get further out of the city if you want a more spacious hunt.

Really just wanted to give my experience. Not trying to call anyone a liar, or cause any angst. Just consider the fact that all it took was an irrational, optimistic, hunter who expected limits every time they went out (maybe a few times all season). I went every weekend, sometimes both days... it was hit or miss.. but when we hit, we took banded pintails, limits of redheads (2 ;)), straps of wigeon, I've got a nice hooded merganser at the taxidermist (Avian Arts, awesome guy, and amazing work), as always a ton of gadwall, wish we had more greenheads, and we even resorted to shooting some ringnecks smile

Getting a lease or membership (to leases)... you still have to put in work (maybe offer to go scout, help build blinds, etc.) and you can have an impact on how well the holes produce. It's also a numbers game... You have to go out and have some bad hunts to get the good ones. If you only want good ones, go pay the high dollar guides in OK, KS, AR, SETX, where they hold WAAAAY more ducks than North Texas, and do their day hunts that guarantee birds.

Cory is that you?

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: Madewell] #6658176 02/02/17 04:47 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Madewell
LOL! I read a thread on here last night that I found out about on another forum. It was from 2010 or 11 and beaversnipe's posts on that thread were just like hotty's on this one. txbowhunt7 had been a guide for him and had quit/been fired the night before as mr anderson screamed obscenities at one of his guides in front of 11 clients. It was a pretty entertaining read. That must have been not too long before he put the screws to you Mr beaversnipe. Here is the link to the thread from 2010.

This has been going on for a while.

The dude will brainwash you.
The dude told me all kinds of negative and untrue things about txbowhunt7
I had no idea and not knowing who to believe. But boy was i wrong...
I was there that weekend when guide txbowhunt7 got yelled at and left.
Txbowhunt7 was an excellent guide, but like many of them, all gotten thrown under the bus by the "master of con" himself.

Last edited by beaversnipe; 02/02/17 05:01 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: ndhunter] #6658193 02/02/17 05:10 AM
H
huntingag01 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: HottyToddy

Cory is that you?

No kidding, hell of a first post

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6658195 02/02/17 05:12 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Here we go!

To be determined
Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6658343 02/02/17 01:37 PM
K
kccycle2003 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
K
I am also a member of the DWE hunt club and did my research before hand, I spoke to Cory about the issues he had in the past and even about the remarks about "jail Time. ( I researched that further and the charges were released and he has no other convictions). I had a new dog and was wanting to be able to hunt a lot of different water. I was never told that I could not hunt, I was never confronted by an angry land owner and hunted two sometimes three days a week. I chose the hunting club because it fit my budget and offered alot of hunting so I could lean how to do things on my own, I still hunted with a guide in another location a couple of times this year, but had just as much fun hunting with DWE.

I think that water fowlers in general are very unforgiving, we have all been young and made mistakes, but I got exactly what I paid for. I think that if you take the time and set out what your expectations are it makes things easier. Sure I was frustrated by a few things but I can only imagine what it is like to try to keep all the hunters in a club happy. And I have talked with Cory about those things so we can work on them for next year.

Was every hunt I had great, No but what I did do every time is enjoy a great sunrise and made tons of memories for me and my family. Shot a lot of ducks over the season, so for me this was exactly what I needed for my hunting budget. The hunting club idea may not be for everyone. Cory was always honest with me, there were times when I asked for a specific spot because it was closer to me and he would often tell me that the birds were slim, other times he would send me to a different location where the birds were. His guides were always helpful and worked hard to make sure we were set up right. I was able to take several Pintails, Buffle heads, Widgeons and teal this season. It is called hunting not killing.

I just thought it was important to hear from someone that had an overall good experience with Cory.

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: kccycle2003] #6658404 02/02/17 02:15 PM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: kccycle2003
I am also a member of the DWE hunt club and did my research before hand, I spoke to Cory about the issues he had in the past and even about the remarks about "jail Time. ( I researched that further and the charges were released and he has no other convictions). I had a new dog and was wanting to be able to hunt a lot of different water. I was never told that I could not hunt, I was never confronted by an angry land owner and hunted two sometimes three days a week. I chose the hunting club because it fit my budget and offered alot of hunting so I could lean how to do things on my own, I still hunted with a guide in another location a couple of times this year, but had just as much fun hunting with DWE.

I think that water fowlers in general are very unforgiving, we have all been young and made mistakes, but I got exactly what I paid for. I think that if you take the time and set out what your expectations are it makes things easier. Sure I was frustrated by a few things but I can only imagine what it is like to try to keep all the hunters in a club happy. And I have talked with Cory about those things so we can work on them for next year.

Was every hunt I had great, No but what I did do every time is enjoy a great sunrise and made tons of memories for me and my family. Shot a lot of ducks over the season, so for me this was exactly what I needed for my hunting budget. The hunting club idea may not be for everyone. Cory was always honest with me, there were times when I asked for a specific spot because it was closer to me and he would often tell me that the birds were slim, other times he would send me to a different location where the birds were. His guides were always helpful and worked hard to make sure we were set up right. I was able to take several Pintails, Buffle heads, Widgeons and teal this season. It is called hunting not killing.

I just thought it was important to hear from someone that had an overall good experience with Cory.

roflmao

Re: Cory Anderson Duck Lease aka dwe hunting Please read!!!! [Re: The Bone] #6658437 02/02/17 02:42 PM
T
txbowhunt7 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Hahahaha this is totally Cory!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide