Forums46
Topics544,061
Posts9,806,131
Members87,530
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell] #6653215 01/29/17 06:47 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Well said.

Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell] #6653249 01/29/17 07:29 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
I'm a white male. I am part of the only group that everyone else is allowed to discriminate against. I have to jump through bigger hoops to get a loan, go to college or get healthcare. In every instance, I'm asked if I am something other then what I am to help me get what I'm applying for. In the end, I earn everything I have 100%.

My parents immigrated to the country in 1962. My family never fought Native Americans, owned slaves or ever set foot in the USA before 1962. I'm the first to go to school here, the first to serve in the military and the first to own my own business here. I am the American Dream.

I don't own Native Americans anything, or any other group looking for a hand out, welfare or sympathy.

I resent anybody who feels that I do, and I feel sorry for everyone who feels that they are inferior to others because of what might have happened before our Grand Parents where born.

Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: Jungleexplorer] #6653785 01/30/17 03:12 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Jungleexplorer
Originally Posted By: jeffbird

Read Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown for a beginning point.

I bet it is about how badly the peaceful innocent Indigenous Nations were treated after they were defeated by the Evil Invading White Colonist. Does that about sum it?

Here is a reality check. The entire political face of the world was formed by war. Every country that exist today was at one point inhabited by another nation, that was defeated and their land was taken away. This is reality. There is nothing unique about what happen here.

Here is another reality. No nation is innocent. The Indigenous Nations that lived on this land before the European settlers arrived, we're waring and killing each other long before they got here. The land they claimed as theirs, they had taken from someone else, who had taken it from someone else and so on and so forth.

Here is another reality that everyone needs to get a grasp on. In war, the side that practices the art of killing the most effectively, is always the side that wins. In every war, the side that kills the most is the winner.

The Indigenous Nations were not innocent in the war to defend their land. They fought and killed tens of thousands of colonists. But the colonist were better at it and killed more of them. That is the way it is in war. Every country that exist in the world today was formed this way.

This idea that because you won the war, you owe the defeated side some kind of compensation to pay them back for the sin of winning the war comes from the teachings of the religion of Progressive Liberalism, and is stupid.

You cannot correct the past. It is what it is. Nothing you to today can compensate for any wrong that was done generations ago. The only person that would suggest this is a person who is racist. If you see all people as humans, regardless of their origins, then all you have left is humans. You don't have all of these subcategories of humans divided in to class, such as, white, black, Hispanic, Indian etc. Only people who do not see all humans as equal would continously try to divide and define humans by color and or origin. Only someone who discriminates and is a racist would strive to treat a certain class of people "Special" because of their origins or history or color.

I choose to treat all people equal, regardless of their origin. So I find the idea that some want to categorize a people based on their origins, and then treat them more special because of it, extremely offensive and racist.

Why don't we just do away with all this subdivision and categorization of humans and treat all humans equal and the same. How about we do away with racist terms like, African American, Native American, Hispanic American, and we just call everone, AMERICANS. What do you say?

Don't forget some tribes try to exterminate other tribes and some held slaves as prizes for their spoils... but that's non of our business.....

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell] #6653886 01/30/17 04:45 AM
T
Treinta-Treinta Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
T
This seems to be the general consensus, nice to be reminded.

Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: EddieWalker] #6653892 01/30/17 04:56 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
determined
Online Content
determined
Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
I'm a white male. I am part of the only group that everyone else is allowed to discriminate against. I have to jump through bigger hoops to get a loan, go to college or get healthcare. In every instance, I'm asked if I am something other then what I am to help me get what I'm applying for. In the end, I earn everything I have 100%.

My parents immigrated to the country in 1962. My family never fought Native Americans, owned slaves or ever set foot in the USA before 1962. I'm the first to go to school here, the first to serve in the military and the first to own my own business here. I am the American Dream.

I don't own Native Americans anything, or any other group looking for a hand out, welfare or sympathy.

I resent anybody who feels that I do, and I feel sorry for everyone who feels that they are inferior to others because of what might have happened before our Grand Parents where born.

Folks in the bunker might call you an anchor baby laugh

Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell] #6654022 01/30/17 01:28 PM
F
furfinrfeather Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
I went on cow elk hunts there twice about 15 years ago. I had a great time with no issues at all. My guide, went by the name "Coon", was very good and put me on elk each time. I did hear about some other hunters having problems with their guide not showing up. The guide stayed home and watched the Super Bowl Game and didn't tell anyone he wouldn't be there. I guess a lot depends on your guide.

Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell] #6654184 01/30/17 03:43 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
popcorn

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell] #6655131 01/31/17 02:28 AM
L
LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
L
I have heard lots of things have changed over the last few years. Our guide has been there over 30 years. They just tried to nickle and dime you every chance they could.

No one likes hidden charges.

email: mgs@suddenlink.net
marcmitchell521@yahoo.com
www.mitchellsguideservice.com
www.lakeforktxguide.com
www.viperxplures.com
903-348-3533
Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell] #6655610 01/31/17 02:32 PM
B
budward Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
I was there a few years ago and felt like i was in the middle of the mexican drug cartel, didn't feel too safe.

Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: Hunter307] #6655615 01/31/17 02:35 PM
B
budward Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted By: Hunter307
Originally Posted By: jeffbird
[quote=Cool Mo D][quote=mattyg06]

Huh??? confused2

Read Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown for a beginning point.

If I bump into anyone that was at wounded knee I will certainly concede they are owed something. But this whole "your great great great great grandfather did my great great great great grandfather wrong and now you owe me" is for the birds.

No kidding! It wasen't my idea!!! i was born in 1985

Re: FYI Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hunts in NM [Re: Jungleexplorer] #6655630 01/31/17 02:45 PM
B
BenBob Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Cool Mo D
Originally Posted By: mattyg06
Originally Posted By: BenBob
Another group of people that we all owe something to???

Considering the history I would probably say this is the only group of people that we really do owe something to.

X2

Huh??? confused2

I didn't do it and whatever any evil white man was supposed to have done was not done to any of the recipients that are receiving favor today.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide