Up the tree may have to start another

Contact Lance@texashuntingland.com
www.texashuntingland.com
Deadend Outfitters
903-312-0609 Lance Vick
Fun begins where the road ends,
www.deadendoutfitters.com
www.guideonlakefork.com
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6628674 01/12/17 01:20 PM
C
CollinCountyCab Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Wow....just spray and watch! Feed store purchase I would imagine....

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6628714 01/12/17 01:48 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Hey Lance a couple of questions - my Kreso D arrived yesterday. Nice video by the way!

On the application - the can has dilution tables for direct application to animals, did you dilute the mixture at all or you applied it concentrated? Also I assume the windex bottle was too slow and leaky so you went to a sprayer that was too fine so then you just dumped it ... whistle

Also did you use the whole 32 oz can on that tree?

Details on the property - Can you share whether this section of the property is part of a game ranch (outfitter). I understand that outfitting works in a number of ways (open range, closed ranch, etc) but where this tree sets is the property high fenced or free range (low fenced)?

Thus far your video seems to indicate that the scent lasts at least 10 days, how much rain has the area seen since you applied the Kreso ?

At 25.00 a can I have to be prudent about how I apply and where...

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6628740 01/12/17 01:58 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Nice

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: CollinCountyCab] #6628757 01/12/17 02:08 PM
Lance Vick Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: CollinCountyCab
Wow....just spray and watch! Feed store purchase I would imagine....

Got to get it online really hard to find
There is a link in first kreso d thread

www.texashuntingland.com
Deadend Outfitters
903-312-0609 Lance Vick
www.guideonlakefork.com
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6628770 01/12/17 02:21 PM
Lance Vick Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Pop popper
Yes exactly what happened
I think a sprayer will work the stuff is strong
I tend to over do things so I poured it
I put about two ounces in the windex bottle
Going to reapply by spraying
Property is low fence creek bottom land really thick
This stand is a road that I hand corn and the other shot is overlooking a pig pipe
I think a can of this stuff will last a long time

www.texashuntingland.com
Deadend Outfitters
903-312-0609 Lance Vick
www.guideonlakefork.com
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6628798 01/12/17 02:46 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
I will probably dilute it as I hunt infrequently - the hope is to eventually season a few trees near our feeders over the coming months - I'll probably apply with a general weed sprayer.

It wouldn't hurt to trial and error this a couple different ways and share back our observations.

Hopefully I can get out of the city in the coming weeks to start this ...

Thanks again for the video and info

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6628809 01/12/17 02:54 PM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Just mix it 50:1 ,put it in a sprayer of some type (I use a backpack sprayer). Don’t apply if you expect rain within 48 hrs.

I’ve been telling people (those who will listen) about Kreso-D for 20 years. It is a good product, but NOT magical.

Don’t use it expecting to “attract” hogs from long distances, you will be disappointed. DO use it to ‘enhance’ an area (making it more appealing overall).

IF you have hogs in the area or if you apply the product where they are likely to travel (and feel safe doing so), they will find and use it, no doubt about it. Typically… I spray it on trees that have rough bark, but you can use to rejuvenate telephone poles, fence posts, spray on stumps or even porous rock (read limestone).

Hogs will use it most vigorously when it is fresh, but will continue to use it for several weeks. If you have a small garden sprayer… just keep some mixed up and apply/reapply at least once a month. You don’t have it mix it stronger than 50:1

A 32 oz can will make a LOT of mix…. it is economical to use.

Just keep in mind…the product is best used in ‘addition’ to other things you are doing or have. (feeding, water sources, good cover, reasonable hunting pressure).

Typical usage (on my property):

I would ask folks to refrain from using 'old motor oil' or diesel as some will practice. That is ecologically unsound and irresponsible. AND doesn't work as well as Kreso-D anyway.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6629017 01/12/17 05:10 PM
Lance Vick Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Flint napper great tips
Thanks for bringing kreso d up in a past post that's how I learned about it

www.texashuntingland.com
Deadend Outfitters
903-312-0609 Lance Vick
www.guideonlakefork.com
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6630115 01/13/17 03:22 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Anyone ever get daytime pics of hogs using the rubs?

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #6630514 01/13/17 02:54 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Hey Flint -

Thanks for the tips, super informative !

Question: do you believe there to be any difference if the Kreso-D is applied to dead or dying trees as opposed to living?

In your experience in seasoning rubs have you tried it on various tree conditions or types and observed any preference by the hogs?

Thanks

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Pig_Popper] #6630637 01/13/17 03:59 PM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper
Hey Flint -

Thanks for the tips, super informative !

Question: do you believe there to be any difference if the Kreso-D is applied to dead or dying trees as opposed to living?

In your experience in seasoning rubs have you tried it on various tree conditions or types and observed any preference by the hogs?

Thanks

The only thing I've noticed is that hogs seem to use trees with rough/deep bark longer than ones that are smoother. (I.E. pine tree bark degrades rapidly, hardwoods not as much). Also, telephone poles and fence posts (which start out smooth), will be abandoned much quicker.

It is the pungent smell and parasite repelling action they are after, BUT a rough surface helps them to 'scratch' and also aids in removing old hair and caked on mud that traps parasites. So the reason for them 'rubbing' is two fold.

I have tried placing rubbing posts (treated) at the bait sites where I hunt them, but it doesn't seem to 'attract' them. They will use it (some) as a matter of convenience.

The most 'action' I get with the product is when I treat a line of trees (several trees in a row) along a path or in an area where pigs travel. Not unlike a 'rub line' a Buck Deer would make.

I DO try to establish that set up in the area I hunt, but the idea is simply to make the 'area' as inviting to them as possible (food, rub trees, nearby cover, not over hunted) and NOT create a singular method to 'attract' hogs. Hogs 'are where they are' for a reason...and that's not usually to scratch on a tree.

IMO it is a useful product to put in your toolbox, but don't expect it (alone) to bring pigs to you.

Where I live...the landscape is heavily wooded, so the application is both easy and well used by the pigs. But some folks hunt hogs where there a few if any trees. I have not experimented with it, but I suspect you could still get results by saturating certain soils with it. Creating a 'dry wallow' for them to dust in.

That's all I can offer. Get some, experiment with it and see if it works in YOUR setting.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7082100 02/17/18 05:42 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
I’ve been spraying this stuff on a few oaks around my feeders and the hogs haven’t touched it and I’ve been using it for like 6 months. I’ve killed lots of hogs in the areas where I sprayed the trees but nothing has rubbed any of them from what I can tell. Gonna mix it a little stronger and see what happens but pretty disappointed ted so far. Not trying to draw hogs in they are already there just wanted to enhance the area.

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7082131 02/17/18 07:28 AM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
They didn’t rub on my wood either

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7082335 02/17/18 03:31 PM
Lance Vick Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
If y'all could go to my
Page on Facebook
There are many videos daytime and nigtime videos
Of hogs rubbing
I just can not post them here
https://m.facebook.com/deadendhoghunts/
You can scroll down and see many videos
Including a hawk killing a dove and a bobcat
My last three hunts we have shot hogs at the rubbing trees
And there were piles of corn by it

Last edited by Deadend; 02/17/18 03:33 PM.

www.texashuntingland.com
Deadend Outfitters
903-312-0609 Lance Vick
www.guideonlakefork.com
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7082338 02/17/18 03:33 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: Deadend
If y'all could go to my
Page on Facebook
Of hogs rubbing
I e seen videos of it working just saying they could careless about it where I hunt for some reason.

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7082345 02/17/18 03:37 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I've been using it and it works great. It stinks something fierce so use latex gloves and don't spray it up wind.

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7082719 02/17/18 09:14 PM
Q
quackedup Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Q
It does stink, be sure to wear gloves or wonder what that smell is, for days. it took the hogs at the place we hunt months to find it. It may be because it was so dry last summer when i applied it and hogs left to go find more water. when i was there in October there was some rubbing and hair in the bark. waiting to go get cards to see if anything came back.

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7112288 03/15/18 07:15 PM
Q
quackedup Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Q
Just freshened the kreso-d on this tree, 3/2, and here is the pig we are trying to send to Jesus

Last edited by quackedup; 03/15/18 08:13 PM.
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7112357 03/15/18 08:07 PM
Q
quackedup Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Q
photos not working...hold on

Last edited by quackedup; 03/15/18 08:16 PM.
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7112452 03/15/18 09:20 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Looks like he's ready for you to send him off on his final journey! Good luck and let us know!!

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: SapperTitan] #7113022 03/16/18 11:50 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: Deadend
If y'all could go to my
Page on Facebook
Of hogs rubbing
I e seen videos of it working just saying they could careless about it where I hunt for some reason.

Might be the cold weather has an effect. Parasites aren't close to what there about to be when the weather warms up. Are you mixing it 50:1? Are you sure it didn't rain on it within 48 hrs. after you applied it?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: Lance Vick] #7114456 03/17/18 07:39 PM
V
VAFish Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
So after looking on the Kreso web site I noticed this line:

"Use on animals which are not producing food for human consumption only. "

Now if this is being used as a hog attractant you aren't spraying it on an animal or bathing the animal like the instructions call for.

But I wonder if the hog is getting enough of the Kreso on them to be a concern if you are planning on eating the hogs?

"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."
-- Confucius
Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: VAFish] #7114462 03/17/18 07:44 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: VAFish

Now if this is being used as a hog attractant you aren't spraying it on an animal or bathing the animal like the instructions call for.

But I wonder if the hog is getting enough of the Kreso on them to be a concern if you are planning on eating the hogs?

Can’t be any worse than used motor oil which is what people use to use

Re: Kreso D tree--- update -- videos [Re: VAFish] #7115061 03/18/18 02:31 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: VAFish

Interesting thread. Think the biggest reason hogs rub on trees, is same reason they wallow in mud.
They have no way of cooling down, & with the chiggers, ticks, fleas, & such they rub ta try & rid the perisites. scratch They gonna rub with or with out, see it all the time while wondering about the woods.
As far as attractant , Flint has mentioned it not really used for it. Like deer corn, it doesn't have much smell, reason spinner, works, they drawn ta sound rather smell. Also why see the mixtures ta sour corn, witch produced smell. Have tride several store types, hunted with guy at OSBWMA that had played big price for small bottle. No results, went back several times, nothing, no fresh sign of hogs.
If it works, up read lots of good results.
flag

i'm postaddic
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide