Forums45
Topics436,103
Posts6,329,170
Members65,645
Most Online16,728
Mar 25th, 2012
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6625585 01/10/17 02:55 PM
C
changedmyname Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Offense did enough to win. Defense gave up 21 in the 4th. That's not on the OC.

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #6625589 01/10/17 02:56 PM
M
majekman Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: bassfishinglawyer
Originally Posted By: majekman
Main reason Bama lost......their QB simply can't throw the ball. Stack the box on Bama and make QB throw was the recipe all year to beat Bama. Unlike all other teams Clemson had the studs on D to do that

The thing was they didn't have to throw. They averaged 6.5 yards per carry and Sark (new OC) wanted to throw the ball just like Kiffin (old OC) did.

Wanting to throw the ball and being successful at it are two different critters. Bama QB about accurate as a a junior high kid. Clem never feared the kid throwing the ball so...stack the box big time and dare him to throw. Clem has several top draft choices on their front. Those cats got pushed around a bit til they stuffed run lanes and clogged things up.

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6625604 01/10/17 03:06 PM
N
NewGulf Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Way to go Clemson! up

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: 2Beez] #6625608 01/10/17 03:08 PM
N
NewGulf Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Clemson on top scared Newgulf's dream may come true.

banana2 Congrats Clemson and NewGulf

Well Thank you lol

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6625611 01/10/17 03:10 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Saban paid the price for firing Kiffin. Not sure I would want Kiffin or Sarkisan, but sure as heck would not change 1 week before the season, much less a week before the National Championship. Coaches always preach keep things the same---same approach, same schedule, blah, blah, blah and then he does this. It cost him dearly. Not real sure I am happy for a guy named Dabo, but I guess it is better than Saban winning again.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #6625801 01/10/17 05:02 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: bassfishinglawyer
Originally Posted By: majekman
Main reason Bama lost......their QB simply can't throw the ball. Stack the box on Bama and make QB throw was the recipe all year to beat Bama. Unlike all other teams Clemson had the studs on D to do that

The thing was they didn't have to throw. They averaged 6.5 yards per carry and Sark (new OC) wanted to throw the ball just like Kiffin (old OC) did.

Well, their stud RB also got hurt. That had an impact on the second half.

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: BenBob] #6625804 01/10/17 05:03 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: BenBob
Saban paid the price for firing Kiffin. Not sure I would want Kiffin or Sarkisan, but sure as heck would not change 1 week before the season, much less a week before the National Championship. Coaches always preach keep things the same---same approach, same schedule, blah, blah, blah and then he does this. It cost him dearly. Not real sure I am happy for a guy named Dabo, but I guess it is better than Saban winning again.

They put up enough points to win last night. They gave up 400 yards passing and 35 points. That was the issue.

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6625888 01/10/17 05:57 PM
G
GunsUpHunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Duck_Hunter will argue with a fencepost...

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: GunsUpHunter] #6625934 01/10/17 06:16 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: GunsUpHunter

....and win.... clap

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Milf does the trick.

"You're statistically more likely to be killed by Hillary Clinton than an NRA member. - PolitiDiva

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: changedmyname] #6625939 01/10/17 06:19 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: changedmyname

I tend to agree with this.

Originally Posted By: Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: changedmyname] #6626010 01/10/17 06:52 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Bama didn't get the benefit of those drive-killing holding calls against their opponent.

Dan,

Spring, Texas
Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: Texas Dan] #6626012 01/10/17 06:52 PM
C
changedmyname Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

Bama didn't get the benefit of those drive-ending holding calls against their opponent.

Yep because they are really a terrible team and only have a dynasty because of the refs. violin

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6626051 01/10/17 07:17 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Dan is fixated on that ref business in every game. smile

Originally Posted By: Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: GunsUpHunter] #6626055 01/10/17 07:19 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: GunsUpHunter

Don't talk about yourself like that.

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: changedmyname] #6626132 01/10/17 08:19 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Bama didn't get the benefit of those drive-ending holding calls against their opponent.

Yep because they are really a terrible team and only have a dynasty because of the refs. violin

To the contrary, there is no denying that Alabama has the best team money can buy.

Dan,

Spring, Texas
Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: Texas Dan] #6626168 01/10/17 08:41 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

To the contrary, there is no denying that Alabama has the best team money can buy.

No so fast, Danno.

Post Season Rankings

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: Texas Dan] #6626208 01/10/17 09:07 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

I'm sure Alabama is the only outfit paying players. up

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: Choctaw] #6626245 01/10/17 09:41 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

No so fast, Danno.

Post Season Rankings

Not a single Texas team in the top-25....

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Milf does the trick.

"You're statistically more likely to be killed by Hillary Clinton than an NRA member. - PolitiDiva

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6626281 01/10/17 10:00 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
so who won?

ha ha

watching the game on replay now Clempsons final drive, what an unbelievable game

the only bad thing is it was too frickin long, too many time outs for replays and commercials

Gongrats to Clempson

Sabin can suk it

Bama is already #1 starting this spring

"some people say I got a drinkin problem........I got no problem drinkin at all......."

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6626286 01/10/17 10:03 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I fell asleep at start of 1st quarter, woke up to see Dabo holding the trophy. Dang it!

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6626329 01/10/17 10:31 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
This is an arm chair QB call for sure, but did anyone else find it surprising that no Alabama players made an attempt to pick the ball up and run with it on the final play? As the receiving team, they did not have to wait for the ball to go ten yards. In fact, grabbing the slow moving ball as quickly as possible and trying to break through the kicking team was perhaps the best move. Granted, Saban had probably thrown in the towel at that point but his players did not appear ready for an onside kick. They could have also fell on the ball just as the Clemson kicker did but before it went ten yards and left time for one final play.

But then, we are talking about a coaching staff that once neglected to prepare the field goal kicking team for a possible run back.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 01/10/17 10:49 PM.

Dan,

Spring, Texas
Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: Texas Dan] #6626382 01/10/17 11:11 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
This is an arm chair QB call for sure, but did anyone else find it surprising that no Alabama players made an attempt to pick the ball up and run with it on the final play? As the receiving team, they did not have to wait for the ball to go ten yards. In fact, grabbing the slow moving ball as quickly as possible and trying to break through the kicking team was perhaps the best move. Granted, Saban had probably thrown in the towel at that point but his players did not appear ready for an onside kick. They could have also fell on the ball just as the Clemson kicker did but before it went ten yards and left time for one final play.

But then, we are talking about a coaching staff that once neglected to prepare the field goal kicking team for a possible run back.

not at the time but now that you mention it, that's a good question...

"some people say I got a drinkin problem........I got no problem drinkin at all......."

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: Texas Dan] #6626387 01/10/17 11:14 PM
H
HillbillyDeluxe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

I thought that was the strangest call ever from Clemson's standpoint. Onside kick? I mean that is the one thing that might have given AL a shot. Either quick return which happens sometimes or if 'Bama recovers and the player is on the ground, they have one play from Clemson's 40 or so. Of course I thought their kicking game decisions on kickoffs were bad all night and hurt them on field position.

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: NewGulf] #6626393 01/10/17 11:18 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Great game by Clemson,I'll admit I was totally wrong.

Ill make you famous!

Re: ****Official I hope Alabama Loses thread**** [Re: Texas Dan] #6626477 01/11/17 12:05 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

It was a great call on Clemson's part with only one second to go and up by 4. Did not matter who recovered the ball it took away the possibility of a return for a td up

texas flag
[Linked Image]

davidl@pmstandley.com
http://www.pmstandley.com/
972- 845-4073
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide