Forums46
Topics537,013
Posts9,719,414
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Nick1] #6609790 12/31/16 09:50 PM
N
NewGulf Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Nick1
It's a sport and a business to many of us.

and thats what has ruined it for me and many others..

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6609795 12/31/16 09:56 PM
R
Rebel986 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
R
Thanks yall ill take her to wat i can afford
Right now its hf 1200 acres. Thanks everyone

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6609798 12/31/16 09:59 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: MarkE
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas
Originally Posted By: HCHunter28
[quote=MarkE]

YES, fair chase means the deer can leave; it's not captive. Yes, it means you don't have 100% control.

FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals. HUNTER ETHICS."

Is hiding in an elevated blind over a pile of corn that the deer have been trained to come to on a timer fair chase? Just want to clarify, you seem to be hunter supreme on here so I want to make sure I am doing whatever it you say I should do to be a real hunter. To me a timed feeder would be an improper advantage, but again, you tell me and I'll go with it.

Nothing compares to captivity. That defines unfair advantage. It is what it is any which way you slice it. A huge majority agrees with this.

Not even a "huge majority" agree with you on this relatively tiny hunting forum.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: MarkE] #6609800 12/31/16 10:02 PM
J
JJH Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J

Nothing compares to captivity. That defines unfair advantage. It is what it is any which way you slice it. A huge majority agrees with this.

Since you're talking absolutes. So NOTHING else matters, as long as there is not a HF, I can use any technique, take whatever advantage I want, use whatever tools/technology is available, and it's fair chase, and I'm a real hunter, in your not-so-humble opinion.

But if I'm in a 100,000 ac HF ranch with no feeders, covered with thick South Texas brush, and only one buck, and I'm hunting barefooted with a Bowie knife as my only weapon....

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: JJH] #6609866 12/31/16 10:40 PM
M
MarkE Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: JJH

Since you're talking absolutes. So NOTHING else matters, as long as there is not a HF, I can use any technique, take whatever advantage I want, use whatever tools/technology is available, and it's fair chase, and I'm a real hunter, in your not-so-humble opinion.

But if I'm in a 100,000 ac HF ranch with no feeders, covered with thick South Texas brush, and only one buck, and I'm hunting barefooted with a Bowie knife as my only weapon....

Haha. My 3 year old would say the same thing...."what if" blah blah blah, is it OK then??!!

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: MarkE] #6609879 12/31/16 10:48 PM
H
HCHunter28 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I know some guys hate these hf lf threads but I like them. There's a place for both and I hunt both. I've never had a guy turn me down when I invited them to hunt on my high fence place. I'm sure no one on this forum would turn it down either.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: HCHunter28] #6609888 12/31/16 10:53 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
I know some guys hate these hf lf threads but I like them. There's a place for both and I hunt both. I've never had a guy turn me down when I invited them to hunt on my high fence place. I'm sure no one on this forum would turn it down either.
I wouldn't turn it down but I bet there are a few who would just to prove a point

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: HCHunter28] #6609890 12/31/16 10:54 PM
M
MarkE Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M

It is an entertaining way to pass some spare time.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6609896 12/31/16 10:58 PM
B
Bowman24 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Love how I can find a particular buck on the King Ranch and a big $$ guy is called to fly down to shoot it at 30yrds and then flies back home with his big Free Range trophy or a buddy of mine finds a big bull elk that he sees every day and calls another guy willing to pay for a "guaranteed" hunt and flys in to shoot it. My point is just because hunts are free range doesn't always mean it's a "hunt". I've hunted all over the World and some of my toughest hunts have been under high fence. I just love to hunt for mature animals and unfortunately in Texas the average age of a buck killed in low fence areas is not even 2yrs old. Just enjoy your hunt however you do it and make sure to take a kid hunting if you have the opportunity.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: MarkE] #6609897 12/31/16 11:01 PM
J
JJH Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: JJH

Haha. My 3 year old would say the same thing...."what if" blah blah blah, is it OK then??!!

Poor excuse for a way to dodge answering the question.

3 year olds can be pretty perceptive. How would you answer him?

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: JJH] #6609904 12/31/16 11:04 PM
H
HCHunter28 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I think fair chase should include a warning shot first. Let them know you're after them.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6609913 12/31/16 11:07 PM
B
Bowman24 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Love how some of these so called "low-fence" guys are so quick to want to shoot an escaped deer as in the Deer hunting post. I guess we shouldn't catch Bass in man made lakes and should only fish natural Rivers.
I would answer the 3yr old in a way that would encourage him being in the outdoors and away from video games etc. Good luck and enjoy hunting the way that you want to and relax, you live in the USA.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6609914 12/31/16 11:08 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I have no idea who you are marke. Do you consider yourself a good hunter? Where do you hunt? Is it your own property? If not do you lease? Do you even hunt? How old are you? Do you take your Meds.daily? Just a few simple questions from a person that owns a HF.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: don k] #6609934 12/31/16 11:20 PM
H
HCHunter28 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: don k
I have no idea who you are marke. Do you consider yourself a good hunter? Where do you hunt? Is it your own property? If not do you lease? Do you even hunt? How old are you? Do you take your Meds.daily? Just a few simple questions from a person that owns a HF.

I would add what have you done to help the wildlife in your area? I bet the answer would be fill his feeder up in August and October.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Bowman24] #6609936 12/31/16 11:21 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Bowman24
Love how some of these so called "low-fence" guys are so quick to want to shoot an escaped deer as in the Deer hunting post. I guess we shouldn't catch Bass in man made lakes and should only fish natural Rivers.
I would answer the 3yr old in a way that would encourage him being in the outdoors and away from video games etc. Good luck and enjoy hunting the way that you want to and relax, you live in the USA.

I have some bass over 10 pounds in the tank behind my house. I don't consider them in the same trophy catagory as the 10lb.+ fish I've caught on Amistad and Fork. Nor would I hang one on my wall and brag about it. I feel the same way about deer shot on a high fence. I've guided on high fence but don't consider those trophys in the same catigory as free ranging animals.
I could care less what others do with their money. But I'm not impressed with the freaks of nature I see hanging in some of my customers offices bought and paid for by vendors.
It's not the same no matter how bad some want it to be.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: scalebuster] #6609951 12/31/16 11:28 PM
H
HCHunter28 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: scalebuster

I have some bass over 10 pounds in the tank behind my house. I don't consider them in the same trophy catagory as the 10lb.+ fish I've caught on Amistad and Fork. Nor would I hang one on my wall and brag about it. I feel the same way about deer shot on a high fence. I've guided on high fence but don't consider those trophys in the same catigory as free ranging animals.
I could care less what others do with their money. But I'm not impressed with the freaks of nature I see hanging in some of my customers offices bought and paid for by vendors.

I feel the same way about guided vs diy. The skill is getting the shot. If someone did all of the homework and put me in the spot it takes some of it away for me.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6609973 12/31/16 11:43 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I wonder if anyone has ever, even once, changed their opinion regarding any subject addressed on this forum.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: scalebuster] #6609992 12/31/16 11:55 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: scalebuster

It's not the same no matter how bad some want it to be.
I feel the same way. I do t care what others do but it's just not my thing.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Palehorse] #6609993 12/31/16 11:55 PM
H
HCHunter28 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
I wonder if anyone has ever, even once, changed their opinion regarding any subject addressed on this forum.

I think we changed marke's opinion.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Palehorse] #6609997 12/31/16 11:58 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Palehorse

nailed it - like libs and conservatives - debate all day but nobody is changing the other ones stance = becomes a waste of time after awhile don't you think?

Said this many times - thank God we live in a free country where we can choose

You can't fix stupid
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: MarkE] #6609998 12/31/16 11:59 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals. HUNTER ETHICS."

So the deer that will eat out of your hand but has no fences within miles would be a fair chase hunt? At the cabin, our grandkids have fed the deer Cheerios out of their hands. No high fences within 10 miles of the place.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: dogcatcher] #6610012 01/01/17 12:04 AM
H
HCHunter28 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

So the deer that will eat out of your hand but has no fences within miles would be a fair chase hunt? At the cabin, our grandkids have fed the deer Cheerios out of their hands. No high fences within 10 miles of the place.

B&C made a catch all statement with a lot of gray area. I think the key section is "that does not give the hunter an improper advantage." I think tame animals disqualify them.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6610047 01/01/17 12:26 AM
B
Bowman24 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
So I can't use a rifle, now I have to use a bow because of an improper ETHIC advantage if you want to play that ethic card. Again, all is in the eye of the hunter and freedom of an American. Thank goodness Hilary wasn't voted in and try to take our property rights away where we can't hunt as we want to or at all.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6610058 01/01/17 12:34 AM
B
Bowman24 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Funny thing, I have 6 Boone and Crockett animals and all it took was money and quite a bit of it and not much of a hunt on any of them except the Mountain Lion. My favorite hunt of all was a 141 class 8pt on a my own ranch that took me all season to take and I had to take him out of a Live Oak tree eating natural browse. Could never get him to come into a bow blind but spotted him on a trail cam. 1,285 acres High Fence.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: MarkE] #6610068 01/01/17 12:42 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

If you're just waiting for the deer to come to you, does it really matter where the deer are?

Fish in a barrel, fish in the sea. What difference does it make.....a fish is a fish, right? I think that I'm getting it now!
This free range, fair chase thing is over rated. We have guns, feeders, and blinds anyway. Since we have such an unfair advantage, why not high fence them too. We can have total control and congratulate ourselves when we kill a deer we raised. Impressive!

I'm impressed with your ability to consistently make stupid points. hammer

I bet you are. With over 11,000 posts in 4 years, I can tell you must read them all. I'm impressed that you have such an exuberant amount of spare time to kill.

troll

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide