Forums46
Topics537,775
Posts9,729,019
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6550360 11/19/16 02:14 PM
G
GOLDSTEIN Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G

Retirement Planning & Asset Management
www.SullivanFinancialPartners.com
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6550496 11/19/16 04:42 PM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Nice feeder, table top height!

In Uvalde County I had them take corn out of my feeder and cook it. Fire ring of rocks set up right next to the feeder. Lid was loose with burnt corn on the ground. There was a very large flat topped boulder near by and they had built a fire on top of it as well. It looked like they had heated tortillas on it.

This happened between an evening and morning bow hunt on that feeder.

[Linked Image]
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6550506 11/19/16 04:56 PM
B
Buzzard Breath Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Imagine all the stuff you pack to go to the camp for a weekend and compare that to what these guys are carrying to travel hundreds of miles by foot, I'm not an illegal sympathizer but I can tell you it would take a lot to push me to do what these guys are doing. Interesting stories, keep them coming.

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6551085 11/20/16 03:20 AM
T
TexasKC Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I never saw one while hunting but they dropped by while we were gone to town and cleaned out our camper and did $2800 worth of damage to the camper. They literally stole everything they could carry including some steaks out of the freezer. Neither the Border Patrol nor the Sheriff's dept. would respond. We quit hunting S. Texas because of it.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6551246 11/20/16 01:26 PM
C
clu Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
In the 90s I worked for a Coors distributor and only had a week of vacation so on Fridays, I'd start my route early so I could get done and leave by noon to get down to Webb Co by 3:30 or so. I had the guys leave the water trough stand (there was a water trough about 120 yards down a sendero) open for me as it was within walking distance of camp. Just got settled in and looked toward the trough and there were 5 of them filling their water bottles out of the trough. Eerie feeling...makes the hair on your neck stand up. They finished filling up and were on their way through the brush.

Another time my brother in law and father in law were down there hunting the evening hunt. My brother in law drank Budweiser at the time and my father in law drank Coors Light. They stole all the Budweiser plus an apple pie while they were hunting. Never touched the Coors Light,lol. cheers

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: fadetoblack64] #6552401 11/21/16 05:21 AM
1911FlyGuy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
You and scale buster probably also had family in the klan 😂 Sound like pieces of [censored] anyhoo...

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6552497 11/21/16 12:51 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
popcorn

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6552657 11/21/16 02:49 PM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Well, that was uncalled for!

Pee on Photobucket
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: Ranch Dog] #6552666 11/21/16 02:56 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: Ranch Dog
Nice feeder, table top height!

In Uvalde County I had them take corn out of my feeder and cook it. Fire ring of rocks set up right next to the feeder. Lid was loose with burnt corn on the ground. There was a very large flat topped boulder near by and they had built a fire on top of it as well. It looked like they had heated tortillas on it.

This happened between an evening and morning bow hunt on that feeder.

Yep. Hunted S Texas all of my life and had plenty of encounters. Fire rings made with rocks within spittin' distance of deer blinds during deer season, with piss puddles and empty bottles all around. Apparently slept in and under the blinds. Seen quite a few walking through while hunting. Have had them come right into camp several times, asking for food/water/phone/a ride etc....all cut up & bleeding from the brush country. Had one from South America passed out from exhaustion sleeping on the ground butt necked by the water hose at camp. He took his clothes off and washed them, took a bath, and went to sleep right there. Nothing like mowing and turning around to find a group of illegals on your property approaching you. eek2 So far none have ever been aggressive, but you never know who you are dealing with. Never turn your back on them, and I'm always armed. Have had all sorts of things stolen over the years by illegals, corn/food/drinks/cookware/clothing/flashlights/lighters etc.....To me it's one of those things...part of me wants to help them, and the other part wants to bust their butts/ zip tie them and call the BP. I forget now how many times a section of our fence has been driven through when a car load loses it on the corner running from the law, crash and bail out on the property. The last group that came into camp had a boy my Son's age in it. He was missing a shoe, bleeding/dirty/starving...they got fed and sent on their way. We didn't call the BP that time. What's the point, they're just gonna get turned loose and come back anyway.

This is almost all in Duval County BTW.

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: 1911FlyGuy] #6552681 11/21/16 03:06 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: 1911FlyGuy
You and scale buster probably also had family in the klan 😂 Sound like pieces of [censored] anyhoo...

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be an insult or not.
Keep working at it though, your English is getting better.

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6552732 11/21/16 03:46 PM
R
rbw1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Have seen and caught many through the years in Medina and Uvalde County while hunting and working . Some have been in pretty bad shape needing water etc. Only had one act anything but scared when I caught him but a 12ga pointed at his gut kept him civil till the game wardens showed up. We had an old camp house on the back side of the ranch that we kept water jugs and a little food items in . Guess word got around so we had very little to no breakins or thefts that amounted to anything.

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: rbw1] #6552745 11/21/16 03:54 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: rbw1
. Some have been in pretty bad shape needing water etc.

My BIL's Dad found one dead in a deer blind. Went to go deer hunting, climbed up/opened the door and there was a dead bloated stinking body on the floor. eek2

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: Buzzard Breath] #6552754 11/21/16 04:04 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath
Imagine all the stuff you pack to go to the camp for a weekend and compare that to what these guys are carrying to travel hundreds of miles by foot, I'm not an illegal sympathizer but I can tell you it would take a lot to push me to do what these guys are doing. Interesting stories, keep them coming.

Except in Goldstein's pics the mule has a pistol on his hip....that ain't food in those packs....

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6554082 11/22/16 01:42 PM
S
Someone Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Except in Goldstein's pics the mule has a pistol on his hip....that ain't food in those packs....

are you saying the mule is the one on the camo hoodie

I do notice that he has no "load" and yet he seems the best dressed, least dirty and the least worn down from the trip....hard to tell what is in his pocket though

all the ones in that pic look like they have experience though and have made the trip many times

the REALITY is these days they can be 8 to 80 and if they are with the wrong coyote they will be packing drugs by force and more and more the wrong coyote is ALL the coyotes

the cartels control who crosses and you got to "pay to play" and if you do not have enough cash or enough "pull" then you haul a load and so do all those you are the coyote for

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: Someone] #6554112 11/22/16 02:01 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Someone
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

are you saying the mule is the one on the camo hoodie

I do notice that he has no "load" and yet he seems the best dressed, least dirty and the least worn down from the trip....hard to tell what is in his pocket though

all the ones in that pic look like they have experience though and have made the trip many times

the REALITY is these days they can be 8 to 80 and if they are with the wrong coyote they will be packing drugs by force and more and more the wrong coyote is ALL the coyotes

the cartels control who crosses and you got to "pay to play" and if you do not have enough cash or enough "pull" then you haul a load and so do all those you are the coyote for

Exactly what I'm saying... they can't be too worn out they are within 10 miles of the border

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6554116 11/22/16 02:06 PM
B
Booner1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
We had a lease about 30 miles south of Sonora for a long time, there were a lot of aliens that crossed through our ranch. We did learn to leave out food and clothing and some blankets for them so that they wouldn't break into our trailers and steal all of our stuff. We never encountered any hostility from them and sometimes they even left notes thanking us for the food.

Born to hunt and fish.
Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6554350 11/22/16 03:59 PM
S
SouthTXhunter07 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I talked to an ex coyote this weekend..he said he's seen things we'd never imagine. He said about 15 years ago he would get paid $10k/person to bring over. I asked him for advice, he said if you encounter them be cautious tell them to go away, if needed show your gun. Also, he mentioned be very cautious if you only see one, that means the others are hiding planning an attack or hoping the coyote takes care of business for them.

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChadTRG42] #6554431 11/22/16 05:05 PM
H
HuntinAg02 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Many years ago I hunted in Junction, and our lease was on the North side of the I-10 and Hwy 83 intersection. Illegals would come up 83, and come on to our lease. Several times we found them in camp sleeping in our trailers. We left them unlocked because they keep getting broken into.

We used to hunt near Sonora. we never (to my knowledge) busted them in camp, but they would break into our campers and spend the night, so we started leaving the campers unlocked. Occasionally we could come to camp and there would be cleaned coffee cups in the sink, and knew they came, slept, made coffee, probably ate some of our food, and left. Never an issue though.

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: clu] #6554449 11/22/16 05:11 PM
H
HuntinAg02 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Originally Posted By: clu
In the 90s I worked for a Coors distributor and only had a week of vacation so on Fridays, I'd start my route early so I could get done and leave by noon to get down to Webb Co by 3:30 or so. I had the guys leave the water trough stand (there was a water trough about 120 yards down a sendero) open for me as it was within walking distance of camp. Just got settled in and looked toward the trough and there were 5 of them filling their water bottles out of the trough. Eerie feeling...makes the hair on your neck stand up. They finished filling up and were on their way through the brush.

Another time my brother in law and father in law were down there hunting the evening hunt. My brother in law drank Budweiser at the time and my father in law drank Coors Light. They stole all the Budweiser plus an apple pie while they were hunting. Never touched the Coors Light,lol. cheers

i wouldnt touch the Coors Light either!

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6554495 11/22/16 05:41 PM
C
chicklitter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
We haven't had any up close and personal experiences as of yet, but we have had our cabin broken into and one of our deer blinds slept in. The ones that broke into the cabin stole food and water and a small, old digital camera I'd left, used the bathroom and threw their dirty toilet paper on the floor, but didn't touch the rifles we'd left in the bedroom (we don't leave guns out there anymore). Now I make sure to leave food and water in a box on the front porch, and so far we haven't had any problems. We're on a known route from the border to Juno, and our unfenced neighbors/fellow landowners have had a lot more experience with illegals than we have. I mean, why would they bother climbing over fences when they can just as easily go around?

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: HuntinAg02] #6554528 11/22/16 06:12 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: HuntinAg02

Lucky they did't have no corona in there. They would've drank it right then and there and left all the empty bottles.

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: DPirates80] #6554589 11/22/16 06:52 PM
S
shea.mcphail Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: DPirates80

Lucky they did't have no corona in there. They would've drank it right then and there and left all the empty bottles.

My wife's Hispanic family told me that Mexicans hate corona. It is the equivalent to us drinking Bud Ice. When we went to visit Mexico, a street vendor was selling beer. Corona = $1. Bud light = $4. Cracked me up.

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: DPirates80] #6554591 11/22/16 06:53 PM
S
Someone Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: DPirates80
Originally Posted By: HuntinAg02

actually the funny thing I have always noticed is that even IN Mexico the Mexicans drank Budweiser or Miller Lite and that was pretty much it

same with the ones (from Mexico) that I worked with in the past.....they had nothing to do with Mexican beers or Coors or anything else it was regular Bud or Miller Lite

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6554596 11/22/16 06:57 PM
S
Someone Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
another comment to what Bobo said as well

they have backpacks on that are clearly loaded....and yet they are stopping at the feeder to see if it has corn they can eat......why no food in the backpacks?....must be something else

Re: Anyone encounter illegal aliens while deer hunting? [Re: ChrisMorris] #6554652 11/22/16 07:31 PM
S
swmays Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Not an expert, but illegals mules appear more like this:

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide