Forums46
Topics537,995
Posts9,731,550
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6521630 11/01/16 04:39 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
And here I was trying to get along.....

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6521671 11/01/16 05:11 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas
I had a revelation from reading this thread. That revelation is that my hardheadedness and ability to self implode proving I am right must be a genetic disorder passed on from one generation to the next. They say recognizing is the first step to change, haha this is me recognizing.

I wouldn't waste a lot of time on changing. Being right ain't all that bad.

up

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6521674 11/01/16 05:12 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Originally Posted By: Rustler
Ive read the whole thread, I maybe be really slow or sumthin
So, I buy a piece of property that of course is for sale, doesn't matter who the previous owner is or who is selling it.
After I take possession I don't want folks on or using my property for any reason,,, trespassing on property I bought.

I'm the bad guy?

Sounds Lake Diversion ish or a typical sale in east Tx.

I will go back to my original statement...

His Money His Land His Rules

I never believed you were big on entitlements. Always knew Mrs Parks was.

He is not, irony of the situation is you and NP are more alike then not. Both so set in your ideology you have no issue screwing the other 97% of hunters that don't hunt same way or have same resources. Luckily you're not the next generation that will be fighting for our rights and the continuous delivery and intergration of our culture into main stream populations that don't hunt.

You are 100% wrong on each point you just made.

I have always been inclusive and still support every possible method of legal hunting. You know that. I support free hunting for those who can't afford it, I just think it's better coming from the private sector, not the govt.

Can you explain how the above is "screwing 97% of hunters"?

I may not make it to the next generation, but if you think handing out "free" hunting (that costs our nation 12 billion each year) will influence the urban culture to support killing bambi on their landat that expense, then you have failed to learn how little our welfare system has done towards leading our poor to self reliance.

Private property rights are the only way hunting will survive into future generations.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6521711 11/01/16 05:24 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I will give one thing to NP, his signature line is one of the best out there.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6521944 11/01/16 07:40 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I have always been inclusive and still support every possible method of legal hunting. You know that. I support free hunting for those who can't afford it, I just think it's better coming from the private sector, not the govt.

I may not make it to the next generation, but if you think handing out "free" hunting (that costs our nation 12 billion each year) will influence the urban culture to support killing bambi on their landat that expense, then you have failed to learn how little our welfare system has done towards leading our poor to self reliance.

Private property rights are the only way hunting will survive into future generations.

5 million hunters utilize public land for hunting. Displacing and cutting their access is not screwing them? Numbers even biggger for anglers... what about just overall public land usage?

Like I said screwing fellow hunters that don't agree with your ideology. You're not about saving hunting you're about enriching yourself,

How many members on this forum have ever utilized a state park for fishing, camping etc? You hate it because you ain't getting paid, pay the man!!! Sign this lease document right here.....

Public land is many people's first introduction to the outdoors... but screw that it's not lease opportunity for you

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6522614 11/02/16 01:26 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

5 million hunters utilize public land for hunting. Displacing and cutting their access is not screwing them? Numbers even biggger for anglers... what about just overall public land usage?

Like I said screwing fellow hunters that don't agree with your ideology. You're not about saving hunting you're about enriching yourself,

How many members on this forum have ever utilized a state park for fishing, camping etc? You hate it because you ain't getting paid, pay the man!!! Sign this lease document right here.....

Public land is many people's first introduction to the outdoors... but screw that it's not lease opportunity for you

5 million?? That all? for a full 1/3 of the land mass of the entire country? How many utilize hunting in Texas. A single state? Case made. Private provides many many more opportunities than public in a ratio based comparison.

And not one single soul in Texas can't afford to hunt on private land. EVERYONE can afford a $100 doe hunt.

Privatizing fed land would allow many more than 5 million access to even better hunting than the fed can provide.

How again is that "screwing my fellow hunters who don't share my ideology"?

Since you made the bogus personal attack that I'm against public land because I don't get paid. Listen close, if public land became private the value of my hunting goes through the floor.

Think about the cheap to no cost meat hunts that would be possible on private land if close to 1/3 of the land mass were utilized by private hands for hunting. How is that not good for all hunters? How again is that selfish of me?

It's not, you know it's not.

So by your argument people who provide goods and services in the private sector that are also provided by the govt. are screwing their fellow Americans. The grocery owner wants welfare shutdown so everyone would have to buy only food from him...

That argument is BS. I'd like to think you know that, but it seems you don't. I don't think it's wrong to want the private sector to provide much more opportunity to hunters than the fed could ever supply.

You think hunters CAN'T be resourceful and provide for themselves. I know they can.

Last edited by therancher; 11/02/16 01:32 AM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6522621 11/02/16 01:31 AM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I haven't seen any free hunting on private land listed on leases.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: bp3] #6522631 11/02/16 01:34 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: bp3

No but you've seen plenty of $100 doe hunts on outfitters. And EVERYONE can afford a 100 doe.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6522634 11/02/16 01:37 AM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
This is a preference debate, not a factual debate from either side. I was introduced to hunting and fishing both on private land (none of which we owned). I now live in new Mexico where people would go nuts if it was all private land. I like options, we have options now. I disagree that private land is the only way to preserve hunting. Let's say the government shut down hunting at some point on public land.....they could just as easilly do that to private land too if it got to that extreme scenario. Plus my dad already admitted I was always right on the last page. It's genetic.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6522642 11/02/16 01:40 AM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T

5 million?? That all? for a full 1/3 of the land mass of the entire country? How many utilize hunting in Texas. A single state? Case made. Private provides many many more opportunities than public in a ratio based comparison.

And not one single soul in Texas can't afford to hunt on private land. EVERYONE can afford a $100 doe hunt.

Privatizing fed land would allow many more than 5 million access to even better hunting than the fed can provide.

Since you made the bogus personal attack that I'm against public land because I don't get paid. Listen close, if public land became private the value of my hunting goes through the floor.

Think about the cheap to no cost meat hunts that would be possible on private land if close to 1/3 of the land mass were utilized by private hands for hunting. How is that not good for all hunters? How again is that selfish of me?

So by your argument people who provide goods and services in the private sector that are also provided by the govt. are screwing their fellow Americans. The grocery owner wants welfare shutdown so everyone would have to buy only food from him...

That argument is BS. I'd like to think you know that, but it seems you don't. I don't think it's wrong to want the private sector to provide much more opportunity to hunters than the fed could ever supply.

You think hunters CAN'T be resourceful and provide for themselves. I know they can.

You are assuing everybody who bought the government land when it went for sale went to people who would allow hunting on it. If it went to a bunch of libs who hated hunting, there would be less opportunity.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6522654 11/02/16 01:45 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

5 million HUNTERS utilize public land for hunting. Displacing and cutting their access is not screwing them? Numbers even biggger for anglers... what about just overall public land usage?

5 million HUNTERs is 5 million HUNTERS aka 34% over a 1/3 of hunters....

Not only that no more state parks, no more public freshwater fishing etc.

Real question what are you going to buy and where are you going to put your first oil/gas well or strip mine?
Yellowstone? Or tone it down some and say Giles wilderness area...I'd say national Forrest but I'm sure you would rather be the first guy to drive a D7 through raw all natural, non- motorized vehicle allowed protected land. Would you turn it into atv park with oil pads every 1/4 section? Or just oil/gas pads? What if there is lithium there....oohhhhh burn it out and strip mine it?

Or would you stick to Texas by out a historic State park or WMA?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #6522668 11/02/16 01:54 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

You are assuing everybody who bought the government land when it went for sale went to people who would allow hunting on it. If it went to a bunch of libs who hated hunting, there would be less opportunity.

I'm not assuming anything. If 25% the privatized fed land was open to hunting it would be around 165 million acres of land that would be producing under private control which is tons more production than fed land.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #6522673 11/02/16 01:57 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
This is a preference debate, not a factual debate from either side. I was introduced to hunting and fishing both on private land (none of which we owned). I now live in new Mexico where people would go nuts if it was all private land. I like options, we have options now. I disagree that private land is the only way to preserve hunting. Let's say the government shut down hunting at some point on public land.....they could just as easilly do that to private land too if it got to that extreme scenario. Plus my dad already admitted I was always right on the last page. It's genetic.

Mines not a preference debate at all. Mines about what's better for hunting. You have a lot to learn. Private property rights are much more secure than public property rights.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6522686 11/02/16 02:01 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

5 million HUNTERS utilize public land for hunting. Displacing and cutting their access is not screwing them? Numbers even biggger for anglers... what about just overall public land usage?

5 million HUNTERs is 5 million HUNTERS aka 34% over a 1/3 of hunters....

Not only that no more state parks, no more public freshwater fishing etc.

Real question what are you going to buy and where are you going to put your first oil/gas well or strip mine?
Yellowstone? Or tone it down some and say Giles wilderness area...I'd say national Forrest but I'm sure you would rather be the first guy to drive a D7 through raw all natural, non- motorized vehicle allowed protected land. Would you turn it into atv park with oil pads every 1/4 section? Or just oil/gas pads? What if there is lithium there....oohhhhh burn it out and strip mine it?

Or would you stick to Texas by out a historic State park or WMA?

You simply don't read do you. I stated specifically that a few national parks/monuments are fine. And nowhere have you seen me say that state parks aren't ok. My beef is with the fed owning and potentially taking hunting away from 1/3 of the land mass.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6522712 11/02/16 02:16 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Is public land not public land? .aw now we are picking and choosing...

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6522732 11/02/16 02:24 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

No, we're not picking and choosing anything. This has always been about fed land. In fact the way to do it is to get the fed to give the land back to the states. Let the states auction most of it off and keep a few special places. The fed has no business in real estate.

I have noticed you don't like to answer my questions though.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6522767 11/02/16 02:43 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

No, we're not picking and choosing anything. This has always been about fed land. In fact the way to do it is to get the fed to give the land back to the states. Let the states auction most of it off and keep a few special places. The fed has no business in real estate.

Sounds familiar... kind of like how do you manage and increase CC of a mule deer herd that migrates hundreds of miles? Or how do you increase carrying capacity of an elk that spends half his life above or at tree line, keep them there 12 months a year with supplement feed? Or why are tag allotments based off winter kill and hunter success rates? How are you going to increase population numbers when OTC tag areas are because access isn't easy thus success rates are lower. Make access easier? Why are limited draw units limited draw? Isn't it high success rates due to easier access?

You're not increasing hunter numbers with your plan...your taking fringe habitat and opening it up to higher harvest rates thus destroying sustainablity. Privatization would actually lower wildlife numbers thus tags thus hunters. You can't feed your way to carry capacity like you can on non migratory animals that don't live in fringe habitat and that don't have to deal and migrate away from mother natures most extreme

Fed isn't the best solution to migratory wildlife, but it's better then privatization.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6522786 11/02/16 03:00 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Sounds familiar... kind of like how do you manage a mule deer herd that migrates hundreds of miles? Or how do you increase carrying capacity of an elk that spends half his life above or at tree line, keep them there 12 months a year with supplement feed? Or why are tag allotments based off winter kill and hunter success rates? How are you going to increase population numbers when OTC tag areas are because access isn't easy thus success rates are lower. Make access easier? Why are limited draw units limited draw? Isn't it high success rates due to easier access?

You're not increasing hunter numbers with your plan...your taking fringe habitat and opening it up to higher harvest rates thus destroying sustainablity. Privatization would actually lower wildlife numbers thus tags thus hunters. You can't feed your way to carry capacity like you can on non migratory animals that don't live in fringe habitat and that don't have to deal and migrate away from mother natures most extreme

Fed isn't the best solution to migratory wildlife, but it's better then privatization.

Mule deer in Texas don't migrate. Neither do wild elk. They don't need to. And they don't have to in the western states that feed them. Went to BC bear hunting and they don't migrate there either.

Migration is a function of feed and shelter. Give them that within a reasonable distance of their small home range and they don't migrate.

Again. You're wrong.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6523024 11/02/16 12:23 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Okkkkkk. If you say so.

PS. Bear hibernate, also aren't hooved, they aren't effected by snow levels. They have an ability to den up and slow their metabolism for months at a time. But hopefully you already knew that. Omnivore

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6523156 11/02/16 01:27 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D

That's $100 per visit, not for the season. I lived and hunted in Texas until I moved to Alabama two years ago. For $57, I can hunt (and fish) any public land. There is 30,000 acres just 50 miles from my front door. I can shoot one doe per day, every day of the season and one buck per day, limit three. If that land were to become private, I would have to pay $1500 minimum for a hunting club membership.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6523181 11/02/16 01:38 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: bp3

No but you've seen plenty of $100 doe hunts on outfitters. And EVERYONE can afford a 100 doe.

I hate to be throwing gas on the bonfire here. I usually just popcorn I can see a lot of your argument as much as I favor the parks and what they represent but this is just not true. I especially agree with your sentiments about poverty, welfare, and self reliance. However outside of the socioeconomic level you may be accustomed to, not everybody can drop a hundred bucks to go hunting.

Plus that is does not include a lot of other costs such as fuel, time, processing, ammo, opportunity cost etc. I would agree that most who are interested in hunting have some spare change. Otherwise they wouldn't do it. But to just blindly say that its something everyone can afford is not really an argument. There are a lot welfare enabled lazy bones out there feeding off the system but I have seen quite few awfully poor folks who work hard everyday and are not this way. To compare public lands to our Most people who are interested in hunting are not lazy. Also to use a hundred dollar doe hunt as a benchmark because that is what you offer is ridiculous.

My 2 cents on the argument:
The national parks were created to prevent exactly this kind of thought and privatized monetization in those specific parts of the country. The rest of our country had already been monetized a hundred different ways and continues to do so but that specific acreage was set aside. Specifically "to protect and preserve the remaining lands from devastation and destruction which have been the same fate as other parts of the country". The parks are huge part of our national identity and pride. It sets apart from any other country on earth. It was not set aside as part of the welfare system as you seem to be implying but in the eye of conservation and future generations. Common land does however equate to common wealth. With the land kept common we are all contributing to its preservation for future generations which as people, hunters,and land owners there is nothing more precious.

Private ownership may be better suited for land management, wildlife management, improvements etc but overtime no matter how much money private ownership has, the land will be divided and partitioned. Look at the average farm/ranch size in Texas. Look at the Waggoner and other major land holdings that have been divided in the last century. Private Land can only last generational for so long in our modern world. Impending exponential population growth and lack of space is a huge concern for most of the world yet as Americans and Texans specifically, we do not even have a clue. Natural resources are the only truly valuable commodity they all come back to basic resources. Our country and forefathers have protected and conserved the limited and least "valuable" land they could at the time for it to be agreeable even then from greedy individuals. It is not enough but it is far better than most places on earth. They should be cherished and protected at all cost.

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6523185 11/02/16 01:42 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
To compare public lands to our welfare systems as you seem to be implying is ridiculous. **

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6523225 11/02/16 02:00 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Okkkkkk. If you say so.

PS. Bear hibernate, also aren't hooved, they aren't effected by snow levels. They have an ability to den up and slow their metabolism for months at a time. But hopefully you already knew that. Omnivore

I was speaking of the elk and deer in bc I was there bear hunting and asking questions while I was there. Their elk and deer in the Hudson hope area don't migrate.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Dry Fire] #6523231 11/02/16 02:03 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Dry Fire

That's $100 per visit, not for the season. I lived and hunted in Texas until I moved to Alabama two years ago. For $57, I can hunt (and fish) any public land. There is 30,000 acres just 50 miles from my front door. I can shoot one doe per day, every day of the season and one buck per day, limit three. If that land were to become private, I would have to pay $1500 minimum for a hunting club membership.

There are many options. In the west many people don't draw deer tags so they have to pay even more than 100 bucks per animal to get OTC or private land tags. The issue isn't 30,000 acres in Alabama. It's 650,000,000 in the nation.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6523238 11/02/16 02:07 PM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
The mule deer herds in the white river national forest migrate a hundred miles through the Piance creek area between Rifle and Meeker. If they didn't they would die in the high country, same for elk. Look at the elk in the fields north of Durango, they can't survive in the high country. Can't be fed at 8-10,000 ft. in 6-10 ft. of snow.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide