Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6511571 10/25/16 11:58 PM
K
kcrozier Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
K
Hey All. First time posting here. Had to join to share my story!
My fiance's dad has about 90 acres in the Hamilton area. The first time they invited me out there, we were sittin around drinkin and the fact that the house on the property may be haunted was brought up. Little bit of back story, the man has four daughters. So all the boyfriends slept in the cabin while the girls stayed in the travel trailer. Anyways, I was informed that the room I had been given was mine forever because the other guys had experienced some haunting in that particular room. I didn't pay much attention to it and when bed time rolled around I was out like a light. All of a sudden I wake up, and the room is pretty chilly. I blow it off, turn over and go back to bed. Wake up a little while later, and I hear some rustling around by my bag. Sit up and hit it with a light, nothing there, just assumed it was mice or whatever. Back to sleep I go. I wake up a few more times, just to random stuff that all seemed pretty easily explained. The next morning they asked how I had fared, and I told them I had tossed and turned but no haunting. We stay the weekend, and same kind of stuff keeps happening. Cold spots, noises, the works. Fast forward a few months later and we are back out there again. I ended up getting put in the living room because some old folks were going to take the bedroom with an actual bed. Out like a light again, but this time I wake up and the TV is on, just static. Turn it off, go back to bed. Next morning my bag was opened and kind of rummaged through. I asked if someone had gone through it, all said no. When I mentioned that and the TV, little sisters boyfriend had this look on his face. We talked about it later and same thing had happened to him. At this point, I am convinced we are the victims of a very committed prankster. My next trip up there changed my perspective. I went up with some college buddies, none of whom I had mentioned these previous incidents too. Woke up next morning, and all of our bags had been opened and sort of rummaged through. Not strewn about, just a little messed up. At this point the only thing I can think is, sh**, this place really is haunted. Then my buddy put the nail in the coffin when he mentioned the TV turning on. Ever since I have taken it more seriously, it seems to occur more. Noises at night, things being moved around the cabin, TV popping on and off, and most recently the doors opening. We have thrown up cameras to see if its raccoons, or people, or what. Never picked anything up. At this point I really didnt sleep in the cabin anymore, but when I went in to eat or anything I couldnt shake the feeling something is off. The last straw was my dog standing in the breezeway growling on my last trip up there. She's sitting there staring at the screen door, hair on end and just locked onto something. I figure its something in the yard. I go to open up the door to let her get after it, and she just backs up instead of running out. I am standing there on the porch wondering what's wrong with her, and the porch light just dies. Coincidence? maybe. But I'm convinced. haha.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6520880 11/01/16 02:30 AM
B
Bittercreek Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B

texas

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: TexOddball] #6521424 11/01/16 02:59 PM
R
rbw1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: TexOddball
I got a story on a spooky deer. I was sitting in the stand, watching a bunch of does eating under the feeder. It was early in the season, so I was content to let them eat, and wait on a set of horns to walk through, when a deer snorted and blew, back in the brush. Now, the wind was right in my face, so I knew the deer freaking out in the brush hadn't smelled me, but something sure had it set off. Of course all the deer at the feeder

scrambled outta there, and then this older doe walked into the clearing, calm as could be, and looked around. She blew about twice more, then trotted over to the corn, happy as a clam. Little miss priss didn't want to share the field, so she spooked all the other deer off before she walked in. It's rare that my first deer of the season is a doe, but I sure didn't need her "crying wolf" anytime she wanted to eat, so she went home with me that morning.

Lol I have seen an old doe do this so many times. Blow snort blowout stomping just to run the others off so she could get all the groceries. Also seen them stand waiting on the feed to hit the ground. Feeder go's off all the others run off an they just lower there head and start eating while corn bounces off their back.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6521485 11/01/16 03:30 PM
R
rbw1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I have had so many strange things happen to me while spending the last 46 yrs of my life from Montana to Florida and all states inbetween while guiding and hunting it's hard to know were to start. But here go's, while guiding in Montana was walking down a sandy ranch road up near timber line to glass a small basin looking for Mule deer. Walked back down after about 10 min and in my footsteps were Couger tracks . Talk about unnerving. When I was about 13 sitting in a tree stand in the Sabine river bottom Panola county along an old slough in thicket to my right a sweetgum sapling about 6 inches in diameter started shaking like a giant had a hold of it. And there wasn't any wind it was dead still, and that was what was so frightening . To say I had that 12ga on point like a bird dog is an understatement. To this day it still gives me the willys to think what it was just out of sight shaking that tree. The things I have seen and heard through the years that made me go huh I guess I could write a book lol.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6522953 11/02/16 11:17 AM
S
Swamp Rabbit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Found this on another forum and thought it would be an interesting post.

I pulled these stories off another board. I did not come up with these stories so I don't know any more details than what is written here. All I did was cut and paste. Might make me look over my shoulder more than usual. For those of you going out into the woods early in the morning this weekend, be careful when you hear the leaves rustling. You never know what is lurking out there.

The weirdest thing I heard about tho was a guy I know that was sitting in his treestand one afternoon about 10 years ago watching 2 groups of deer in a small field in front of him.

These deer were 40 or so yards apart and 50 yards in front of him. The field was only about 80 yards across then the woods started again. Anyway, these two groups of deer suddenly snapped up their heads and looked across the field into the woods. My friend saw nothing and watched as these deer started turning their heads as if following something that had walked out of the woods and right between them heading in my friends direction.

My buddy said he didn't see anything as the deer kept looking and following it with their gaze as if they were actually seeing something cross the field between them. Frank also said the hairs on the back of his neck were standing straight up and he smelled something terrible, like rotten meat.

Then he heard it. Crunching leaves as footsteps walked into the woods right in front of him and continued walking right under the tree he was sitting in. He kept hearing the footsteps and a weird sort of whispering until it got farther away and eventually faded from earshot. He looked back to the field, the deer were feeding again as if nothing had happened.

My friend climbed down and backtracked the imprints/disturbed leaves 10 yards to the field edge where whatever it was had walked in. There, in the soft mud at the fields edge, he found bare human footprints that were facing backwards !!
He left right then and there with his stand still in the tree and never hunted that woods again.

True story folks. He won't even talk about it.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6522954 11/02/16 11:18 AM
S
Swamp Rabbit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Here is the second story.

First of all, I want to say hello to you all. I'm an ex-LEO, father of 4 and have been a hunter most of my life. I no longer go into the woods, but do fish on the lake in my spare time.
I've been a lurker for quite awhile and have never posted before now. I very much enjoy reading the great stuff here. After seeing these writing about strange goingson in the forests, I felt compelled to reply.
After reading what I have to say, you'll see why.

I don't know Mr. Thunderhead or his friend.
But, what he says is true. I have seen this myself, twice.

Both times were in the same woods. I thought I was crazy the first time and seeing things, and talked myself into dismissing it to my overactive imagination.
I was wrong and paid dearly.
I refuse to talk about that part and am only telling this so others will heed the warnings about the dark.

The second time I was alone in my shack long before daylight opening morning, exactly one year to the day after my first encounter.
As I poured a cup of coffee, I heard footsteps in the leaves, hit my light and like before, could see nothing.
My blood ran cold.
I knew it was happening again as soon as I heard the whisperings as it drew closer.
I shut my eyes as tight as I could, this time the footsteps didn't keep going, but stopped at the window to my shack. The stench of rotting meat was sickening.
All I'm going to say is that when I opened my eyes what stood outside my shack glaring at me thru the window was something straight out of **** itself.
That's all I'm going to say.
I've never steeped foot inside a woods again and never will.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6522956 11/02/16 11:19 AM
S
Swamp Rabbit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
And another I got from Bayou Bucks

I've heard stories about Rougarous, or Loup Garous, all my life, but do people in modern times ever claim that they have seen one? QUOTE]

Man, ya'll can laugh at me if ya'll want, but I'll go to my grave believing I shot one back in about '97 or maybe it was a windingo or whatever...it wasn't normal.

This "thing" was running a small buck through the woods right at high noon. Immediatly when it got down wind of me it stood on its hind legs and walked on 2 legs directly at me while growling at looking right at me in the tree. To this day just the thought of the site of it makes me want to cry and the hair on the back of my neck stands up. I had no doubt that it was coming up the tree after me and it wasn't gonna get me without a fight. I shot it and it let out a terrible scream just like a person...it dropped...then in a flash it was at the bottom of the tree trying to come up. I ended up emptying my gun in it, it had run off about 30yds in the process. It was still moving so I was reloading when one of my buddies comes out of nowhere on horseback. Road right up on the thing (he was worried someone had been shot)....it spooked the **** out of his horse and threw him off. The thing jumps up right over my buddy who's on the ground trying to figure out what the **** happened and he unloads his 12ga full of buckshot into the thing and it just took off through the palmettos - never saw it again. I can not even begin to describe how shaken up we were - we were pretty much crapping our pants and couldn't get out of the woods fast enough.

We got up the balls to go back the next day with the rest of the men from the camp (we were pretty much kids at the time) to retrieve my stand - HEAVILY ARMED (I think to humor us, but it scared the **** out of everybody). There was blood, hair, and meat everywhere...big pools of blood...but everybody had the hair on the back of their neck standing up and nobody was about to try and trail it up. If it happened now I would probably have taken some of that hair, but at the time nobody that went wanted to touch anything, just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I still have nightmares about this thing and won't ever go back to this area under any circumstances - and nobody that went there and saw what we saw will either. The track was one of the worst things...long similar in length to a human foot, but with a dog-like pad.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523133 11/02/16 01:15 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
^^^ those last few would make your head spin if you got to thinking about those while out in the woods!!!

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523148 11/02/16 01:24 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I almost pee'd on a rattlesnake when out checking on cameras after dark. Had on shorts and tennis shoes. scared

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: PMK] #6523452 11/02/16 04:03 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: PMK
^^^ those last few would make your head spin if you got to thinking about those while out in the woods!!!

X2.. I would have emptied my gun through that window, then reloaded and emptied it again.....then called for help because I would not be going outside "in the dark" by myself.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523562 11/02/16 05:04 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Some people have stronger than normal whiskey it appears

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523608 11/02/16 05:35 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
we just had another paranormal incident where we hunt last weekend

this happened before at this particular spot .... about 3 years ago

going to set up some extra cameras to see if we can capture anything

will report / share pics

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523751 11/02/16 06:54 PM
R
redfred Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Years ago, a guy my dad worked with told Dad that his father-in-law had passed away and left his place out in the country to my dad's friend and his wife. He told my dad that he didn't hunt, but had seen some deer on the property and told Dad that he could come out and hunt if he wanted to. That Saturday, Dad drove out there, found the farmhouse in the wee hours of the morning, and drove into the back part of the property, just like the guy told him he could. He found an old oak tree with a wooden pallet nailed in the limbs, so he climbed up and waited for sunup.
Just as it was getting daylight, he noticed an old man walking along the edge of a clearing wearing a red plaid shirt and an "Elmer Fudd" type cap. Dad was wondering if maybe he was on the wrong property, but just then, the old man pointed across the field to where a nice buck was moving through the edge of the trees. Dad was looking at the deer through the scope, but didn't want to shoot a moving target. He glanced back at the old man to make sure he didn't have a gun, and right then the man pointed at the deer again. Dad looked through the scope at the still-moving deer, and the old man whistled loudly. The deer froze, and Dad fired his 8mm Mauser. The deer dropped in its tracks. He looked back to where the old man had been and he was gone.
Dad cleaned and quartered the deer in the field, and then drove out to go to his friend's house to share some of the meat. His friend and his wife were having breakfast, and my dad started telling them what had happened, and asked if the old man was a neighbor. When he described how he was dressed, and the fact that he whistled to stop the deer, his friend's wife turned pale as a sheet. Dad's friend told him that that was exactly how his recently dead father-in-law dressed and hunted.
Dad used to tell that story when my brother and I were hunting with him when we were 12 or 14, and I always sort of blew it off. But years later, I met the guy at my dad's job and he told me the same story.Pretty spooky.

Alcohol,Tobacco, and Firearms. Should not be a government bureau. Should be a department store.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523769 11/02/16 07:03 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
ninja

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523798 11/02/16 07:12 PM
T
TAT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Redfred, that's good story! I could picture it while I was reading it. Awesome!

It's not how you fall, It's how you get up.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523800 11/02/16 07:12 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Did he look like this? elmer

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523805 11/02/16 07:13 PM
T
TAT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
roflmao

It's not how you fall, It's how you get up.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523837 11/02/16 07:33 PM
S
SouthTXhunter07 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
whew yall just had to do this before opening weekend!

Well hell, I'll share mine.

We have a ranch in South TX (Asherton) that dates back to the early 1900's. The Indians back then had made a very solid house out of stone and mud that still stands. Driving down to hunt on the ranch from New Braunfels required us to get a hotel every time, this one time my buddy and I agreed to just stay in the old house (in the middle of 8,000 acres) and sleep on cots. We were drinking a couple beers by the light of the fire and all of a sudden my beer can starts to spin, I looked at my buddy and laughing he said "knock it off". I didn't want to freak him out so I played along and said well, let's call it a night. As I was laying there, listening to him snore and me not being able to sleep...I all of a sudden felt the end of my cot sink down (like the feeling of someone sitting at the end of it) it wasn't light it tipped my cot up in the air. I looked down and didn't see anything, looked over at my buddy and he was sound asleep so I yelled "leave me alone, I respect you!". The cot then tipped back down to the ground and whatever it was had left. I never told my buddy bc I didn't like hunting alone.

In that same shack of a house, I recently found a perfectly drawn map of our entire 8,000 acres, it's hand written and is almost as good as google earth...weird. figure it was illegals.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6523961 11/02/16 08:33 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
popcorn

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: SouthTXhunter07] #6524039 11/02/16 09:22 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: SouthTXhunter07
As I was laying there, listening to him snore and me not being able to sleep...I all of a sudden felt the end of my cot sink down (like the feeling of someone sitting at the end of it) it wasn't light it tipped my cot up in the air. I looked down and didn't see anything, looked over at my buddy and he was sound asleep so I yelled "leave me alone, I respect you!". The cot then tipped back down to the ground and whatever it was had left. I never told my buddy bc I didn't like hunting alone.

I tell my buddies of weird happenings but most of them don't care,
they're too obsessed with killing hogs they put up with anything.... for now

he may already know

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6524783 11/03/16 03:31 AM
H
Hen-Killer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I wish I hadn't read a few of these stories

"I'm responsible only for what I say, not for what you understand"
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Hen-Killer] #6525312 11/03/16 02:58 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: Hen-Killer
I wish I hadn't read a few of these stories

Me too! It's going to be a long dark walk to the stand come Saturday morning! Think I'll carry two flashlights. I can't imagine being half way there and my light quits working. Man, all the things I would hear while trying to feel the rest of the way to my stand. lol

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6525574 11/03/16 04:55 PM
P
Pintail711 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Cool stories. I don't understand why some people get scared...you've got a gun, and may even be carrying a side arm. Unload both weapons and the creatures still get you, well I suppose it was your time.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Pintail711] #6525586 11/03/16 05:00 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Pintail711
Cool stories. I don't understand why some people get scared...you've got a gun, and may even be carrying a side arm. Unload both weapons and the creatures still get you, well I suppose it was your time.

I don't believe that guns matter much if the things these people see truly exists.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: titan2232] #6525608 11/03/16 05:09 PM
P
Pintail711 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: titan2232
Originally Posted By: Pintail711

I don't believe that guns matter much if the things these people see truly exists.

I agree, but I wouldn't let something scare me so bad that I completely stop hunting all together.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide