Spooky Hunting Tales? #6488435 10/10/16 01:51 AM
B
Bittercreek Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Deer Season upon us. Halloween Near.
Anyone have Spooky-Hunting Tales, to Share?

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6488657 10/10/16 03:17 AM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
i always walk out. early in the dark of one morning
everything lit up overhead and when i looked up i saw
the shape of the concorde sst in lights above me for a
few seconds, then it went out. it was deathly quiet, no
dogs or coyotes barking, no crickets, no distant highway
noise. the shape looked maybe a mile long and a half a
mile wide. i found out later it was part of the taurid
meteor shower. i still went on out. they could have had
me anyway if it was some of those ufo folks.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6488737 10/10/16 10:11 AM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
popcorn

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489015 10/10/16 03:33 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Had a weird one this weekend, and s few others in years past. My place seems to be frequented with what we call "Visitors". Had it for 5 or 6 years now and people think its haunted.
1. Last years experience was pretty freaky. I climbed up in the stand on crisp cool morning just before sun up. Right as the saw started to light up the sky I heard laughter and it sounded like children running and playing in the creek bottom behind me. They were talking in a language other than Spanish or English so I could not understand what they were saying. The noise finally stopped when what seemed they had reached the end of the creek but I never saw anyone come out.

2. This last weekend was really weird. I was making my bedtime call to the wife to let her know I was turning in for the night, once I'm inside the signal is lost. I'm walking up the driveway talking to my wife for about 5 or 6 minutes when she asks "who is this?", I'm telling her its me and she started calling my name and saying she is going to hang up now and I need to call her back. I tried calling back but kept getting just voicemail. Finally she calls me back says who was out there and that she was freaking out because she could here someone saying "He's mine, he belongs to us" It took me a little while to assure her everything was okay and that my hunting buddy and his son were already in for the night. Sunday morning I'm packing up to leave and my buddy's son asks me if I believe in ghosts. I chuckled and asked why. He said "I had to get up last night because I heard someone talking by the fire. I looked out and there were 2 shadows but you and Dad were still sleeping, so I knew it wasn't you guys. I got freaked out and made the dog sleep by the door."
confused2

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: hook_n_line] #6489052 10/10/16 03:56 PM
C
CRAnderson52 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
Had a weird one this weekend, and s few others in years past. My place seems to be frequented with what we call "Visitors". Had it for 5 or 6 years now and people think its haunted.
1. Last years experience was pretty freaky. I climbed up in the stand on crisp cool morning just before sun up. Right as the saw started to light up the sky I heard laughter and it sounded like children running and playing in the creek bottom behind me. They were talking in a language other than Spanish or English so I could not understand what they were saying. The noise finally stopped when what seemed they had reached the end of the creek but I never saw anyone come out.

2. This last weekend was really weird. I was making my bedtime call to the wife to let her know I was turning in for the night, once I'm inside the signal is lost. I'm walking up the driveway talking to my wife for about 5 or 6 minutes when she asks "who is this?", I'm telling her its me and she started calling my name and saying she is going to hang up now and I need to call her back. I tried calling back but kept getting just voicemail. Finally she calls me back says who was out there and that she was freaking out because she could here someone saying "He's mine, he belongs to us" It took me a little while to assure her everything was okay and that my hunting buddy and his son were already in for the night. Sunday morning I'm packing up to leave and my buddy's son asks me if I believe in ghosts. I chuckled and asked why. He said "I had to get up last night because I heard someone talking by the fire. I looked out and there were 2 shadows but you and Dad were still sleeping, so I knew it wasn't you guys. I got freaked out and made the dog sleep by the door."
confused2

I'd be finding a new place to hunt, bud!

You can run but you can't hide...
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489056 10/10/16 04:00 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
In hs we used to hunt a public lake, our favorite spot was through an access point in the middle of nowhere. One morning we were walking back out to the access point through the woods when we passed an old man on his way in. Guy looked to be in his late 60's, and was wearing khaki pants with a khaki long sleeve shirt, green fleece vest, and one of the old timey hunting hats that oxner still wears. He had a sxs broke over one shoulder and a half dozen wooden decoys slung over the other. As we passed him we both said good morning to him and he tipped his hat, no words. Got up to the access point entrance a minute or two later and our truck was the only one parked there. So, either the guy walked several miles, got dropped off by a friend, or was a ghost.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: CRAnderson52] #6489091 10/10/16 04:21 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52

confused2

I'd be finding a new place to hunt, bud!

I hear that from friends that come out. They always ask "When are you going to take us out to your place?" I say come on lets go. Some never say anything but don't ever ask to come out anymore others tell me what they saw and I just tell them "yep stuff like that randomly happens out here" I have a buddy that stays out there and he said it took some getting used to at first but he thinks he has a good relationship with the land and what's on it now. Children seem to have the most experiences there though. I think they can sense that stuff better than adults can.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: hook_n_line] #6489233 10/10/16 06:12 PM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
1. Last years experience was pretty freaky. I climbed up in the stand on crisp cool morning just before sun up. Right as the saw started to light up the sky I heard laughter and it sounded like children running and playing in the creek bottom behind me. They were talking in a language other than Spanish or English so I could not understand what they were saying. The noise finally stopped when what seemed they had reached the end of the creek but I never saw anyone come out. . . .

these things are strange ^ ^
a while back i had stopped at an old cemetery near my place that
dates back to the early 1800's. there's always at least 2 deer that
stay in the n.e. corner near the thick woods, and lots of birds in the
trees. when i stepped out of the truck, there was the sound of several
kids laughing and playing. i'm alone, no deer in the corner, no birds
anywhere. as i get to the gate and open it, the kids stop laughing.
there's no houses around for at least 3 or 4 miles, and the road is
hilly enough to discourage modern kids from walking or bike riding
to where it ends at the cemetery. weird weird weird

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489253 10/10/16 06:43 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Spookiest thing I have had to deal with was a 200 lb boar at 10 yards or less sitting indian style on the ground leaned up next to a mesquite tree with my bow about 30 minutes before daylight. He laid down on the ground under 10 yards from me on the other side of a mesquite bush and waited for the feeder to go off. I was never so happy that when the arrow struck its mark that he ran the other way!

Yal can keep the ghosts!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489280 10/10/16 06:58 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
No more ghost stories. It will ruin my deer season and I will only hunt at noon.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489295 10/10/16 07:07 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I have some 'spirits' at my place

They used to mess with me but lately have left me alone

keep the stories coming ,,,,

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489318 10/10/16 07:17 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
clap popcorn

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489347 10/10/16 07:35 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Never believed in ghosts, wife and I had some experiences in a very old lodge in the Gila where a man was murdered over a land dispute back in 1935. I can say I believe now. Still Elk hunt there but we won't stay in the lodge again. After our experiences the owner confessed to stange things going on for a long time and told us of some things he and his wife and other guests have experienced.

Things like lights being turned off, blankets being pulled down, loud walking up and down the hallway at 2-3am, strong smell of cigarette smoke being blown in your face when no one is around, womens hair being brushed out of their face when sleeping, the bed sinking in like someone sat on it. Weird crap for sure.

The first night we stayed in the lodge the wife woke me up telling me to quit messing with her hair. 15 minutes later I hear someone walking down the hallway in cowboy boots at about 3am, got up but no one was there and we were the only ones sleeping in the lodge. As I was about to fall asleep again it felt like someone sat on the edge of the bed at my feet. That was the first night and the only night we had issues. The next year the wife and I were alone in the lodge during the day looking at old pictures when we both smelled very strong cigarette smoke being blown in our face.
Over the years since we've heard many stories from people that work there. I found the story about the guy getting shot on the steps, back then it was an old general store and post office.

If you would like to read about it, it was Aron Inmam killing Robert Ake at Beaverhead NM.

Last edited by Stompy; 10/10/16 07:58 PM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489365 10/10/16 07:45 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I was sitting on my treestand before light deep in the Sam Houston National Forest. When my eyes were good and adjusted to the dark, I saw a woman in a white dress standing on the edge of the small clearing I was hunting. I could make her out and she was looking directly at me. My hair was about standing on end. I'm wondering what in the hell is she doing way out here and why is she just standing there looking at me!

It was a climbing treestand so I wasn't going to be able to get down quickly. I decided to just wait until light and then see what was going on. I am never scared of being in the woods in the dark, but I had the willies something fierce.

As the sun started to come up and I could see better, I realized what was on the edge of the clearing was not a woman in a white dress, but an old tree stump about head high where the bark had fallen off and the wood had turned silver.

The mind is a curious thing. Sometimes you can't even believe your own eyes.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489370 10/10/16 07:46 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
There was another thread like this one. http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4596552/Re:__Spooky_stories?#Post4596552

I posted this on that one in 2013. I guess things are still happening from time to time on my place.

Might sound crazy but my place is haunted. We have more than one experience on it. If other people wouldn't have experienced stuff I wouldn't even be posting.

Mine was "I was following Dad to the stand but he seemed to have walked too far passed it. I asked him where he was going and when he answered he was behind me. I have no Idea who i was following it was just me and my Dad and there is no livestock on my place. It looked like an persons outline so I thought it was my father."

Another time My nephews were playing in an old trailer on the place and started yelling stranger. We we went to investigate and they said that a dark man was standing there watching them and he went into the well house. We never found anything. No footprints or signs.

One of my buddies was steadily talking and I was getting something from the truck. When I walked back up to him and asked who he was talking to he freaked out. He said he wasn't expecting me to come from that direction because he was talking to me and saw me standing at the other corner of the trailer.

These are just a few things. Other people have had things they can't explain happen as well.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489395 10/10/16 07:55 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Great I have a small family cemetery about 25 feet from my house... so far no ghosts and I want to keep it that way.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489397 10/10/16 07:56 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Well, not exactly the same thing, but I have a BiL that's a bit afraid of the dark, or was. Years ago he was hunting with my Dad and I was a few hundred yards from them. It had been agreed that we'd all walk out together, since we came in the same truck. Well after dark I found my Dad, about where I expected him to be, but no BiL. I asked where he was. Dad said they'd been standing right in that spot till a bobcat or cougar screamed (I was upwind and didn't hear it). Dad said he turned, in the dark, to say something to the BiL, but he was GONE. With my flashlight, we found a glove. Walking toward where the truck was, we found another glove, some TP, face mask, etc. the BiL had run full tilt to the truck, in the dark, down a muddy road, shedding or dropping gear. And yes, he took heat for that for years.

But a real scary or creepy situation, in all those years, never happened to me, that I can remember.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489430 10/10/16 08:14 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Here's one more form the can the dead communicate thread.. Now that I think about it. Anybody want to buy a place, it's cheap. lol...

My place out in the country has a lot going. Others besides just myself have had experiences like hearing whispering or laughter, smelling smoke where there is no fire. One strange encounter my wife had was when our 2 boys were out chasing rabbits, she said as she was walking she heard someone tell her to "turn back", it freaked her out so she came back to the house. After she was back and she was telling me about it we heard a shot so we went to investigate. The boys had shot a huge cottonmouth about 20' up the trail from where my wife said she turned around. I don't know who or what told her to turn back but I'm glad she listened. Only cottonmouth ever seen on my place and haven't seen any since.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: hook_n_line] #6489468 10/10/16 08:50 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Here's one more form the can the dead communicate thread.. Now that I think about it. Anybody want to buy a place, it's cheap. lol...

My place out in the country has a lot going. Others besides just myself have had experiences like hearing whispering or laughter, smelling smoke where there is no fire. One strange encounter my wife had was when our 2 boys were out chasing rabbits, she said as she was walking she heard someone tell her to "turn back", it freaked her out so she came back to the house. After she was back and she was telling me about it we heard a shot so we went to investigate. The boys had shot a huge cottonmouth about 20' up the trail from where my wife said she turned around. I don't know who or what told her to turn back but I'm glad she listened. Only cottonmouth ever seen on my place and haven't seen any since.

Not sure about that being bad! Sounds more like a guardian angel. I need one!

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Stompy] #6489473 10/10/16 08:52 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Stompy
Never believed in ghosts,

blankets being pulled down,

this happened to me several times

perfectly straight down to the foot of my bed

it was winter, so can't say that I kicked the blanket out

and the feeling of 'being watched' and cold chills entering the small of my back

smell of dead body at a particular spot in the carpet ,,, but only once in a while

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489512 10/10/16 09:15 PM
East Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Was hunting with a buddy at his families place a 3-4 years back. One morning we were in a blind on the top of a hill over looking a pasture that backed up to the river bottoms. Out of no where an elderly woman with a sleeveless shirt walked out across the pasture then back into the bottoms. We yelled for her to get her attention thinking she might need help. Then went down there but could never find her, or her tracks. This was a cold morning too, high 20s low 30s so it was definitely strange.

I had actually forgot about it, but he brought it up the other day

Not really spooky just odd

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489618 10/10/16 10:34 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
I love this kind of thread - what have you seen or heard - they get my full attention every time as I've seen some strange....stuff over the years. Here is one.

Background - I'm from southeastern Oklahoma, and home of the Chickasaw Nation. I am not Chickasaw, but we had lots of friends who were. One had told us stories about Little People and staginis. Google them, but Little People cause mischief (kind of like Sancho), and stiginis are the shapeshifted being of man - usually an owl, wolf, or other predator.

Okay, 30 years ago, I was still in high school, my buddy invited me to join him and his younger brothers to hunt at his grandfather's ranch in central Texas. GREAT! As a group we shot several deer and were having a blast. One evening we decided to go rabbit hunting after dark, and while hunting started telling ghost stories, and one of the tales was that of stiginis and a long yarn that went with it. My buddy then started telling the story of having to clean out an old farm house of a couple that has both passed away, and while cleaning, hearing the sound of a rocking chair creak near a corner window where the farmer usually sat in the evenings. It freaked my buddy out, and he refused to finish cleaning the house. Well, that land and house was on a small piece that was cut out of his grandfather's ranch, so when the couple died, his grandfather had purchased the property so it was back on his place - that was the reason he had sent my buddy to clean the house.

As we are telling these stories, we decide to put the finishing touches on scaring the younger brothers, and go hunt rabbits on the land where the old farmhouse still stands. We jump in a pickup for the short drive down the county road, make a right into the drive, and stop at a locked gate. I got out of truck, unlock and open gate, swing it open, and as the truck pulls forward, standing rock solid in the middle of the two track is the world's largest barn owl. He doesn't budge, and is standing less than 30' from the corner of the farmhouse, and the corner window where the old farmer sat rocking.

I get in the truck, and tell my buddy to honk and see if the owl will fly away - my buddy tells me in no uncertain terms what I can do with that idea, he backs out of drive, I relock gate, and we call it a night. In the years since, it gives me goosebumps to remember that incident.

Last edited by Dalroo; 10/10/16 10:42 PM.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489750 10/11/16 12:26 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Not a ghost story, but nothing like stalking pigs in a wheat field at night with NV gear and flushing doves or quail. Also, nothing like a pump jack turning on when your standing next to it at night while pinhuntingbin said field. I swear that pump jack had an evil soul and knows when I'm stanidng next to it at night. No telling how many cuss words I drop when hear things happen.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489924 10/11/16 02:29 AM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Great thread and enjoy the stories. I have never had anything truly creepy happen to me. confused2

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6489957 10/11/16 02:46 AM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
While bow hunting 30 years ago from a tree stand about 15' above a game trail I had a doe and 2 yearlings move up the trail toward me. I decided to take the doe as it was late in the season and the yearlings were mature enough to fend for themselves. I hit the doe high in the back and a bit far back. I watched the doe run off with the arrow fletch deep in her back. I searched for the doe for about 5 hours after the limited blood trail I had disappeared. I eventually gave up and went home. I went back the following Saturday to the same stand. When I reached the stand it was still dark and to my surprise in the light of my flash lite I found the arrow I shoot the deer with the week before at the base of the tree. It was broken in three pieces and was under the first step on the tree. As I thought about it I broke out in a cold sweat as to this day I cannot understand how that arrow in 3 pieces got back to that stand.

Last edited by Flashprism; 10/11/16 02:51 AM.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide