Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Frenzy] #5775796 06/05/15 11:01 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Frenzy
Man....it's clear none of you need his advice. So why do you know so much about the man? Was he on Entertainment Tonight this week or something? Did you read about him in Vogue? Maybe y'all high and mighties are jealous you didn't get rich selling common sense to the folks who actually needed some...

Over the years I have had many people preach about how smart he is, so I decided to check out his book when I found it at the $1 bookstore. I believe at a dollar I broke even based on the "entertainment value", any more and I would have was overcharged. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #5775802 06/05/15 11:07 PM
Creekrunner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
There's a $1.00 bookstore in Abilene? I might have to check that out. Might come up there to check in with my taxidermist on some stuff.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Hancock] #5775809 06/05/15 11:17 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Hancock
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Not Rocket Science ....

But you will have the Arm Chair experts that have it all figured out roflmao

I'm pretty sure everyone in 2015 knows the difference in a Debit Card and a Credit Card and how they work...

Sure about that? Dave Ramsey is still cashing in on just that.

Hasn't cashed in a penny from me ... Ask the Romans 42:764 crowd

I have my house in order hand

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: dogcatcher] #5775815 06/05/15 11:21 PM
S
SouthWestIron Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
He is selling common sense to those that have little or no common sense. That makes him a salesman, not necessarily a financial guru. up

And in this day and age thats an absolutely insane amount of people!

Someone needs to market a whole life plan. We will call it the "Life Makeover" we'll just remind people about holding down a job, working hard, not lying, cheating or stealing. Being responsible and taking care of their family and being good neighbors. Will make millions! Oh wait a minute that won't necessarily make anyone rich. Back to the drawing board.

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: SouthWestIron] #5775817 06/05/15 11:25 PM
Creekrunner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: blazin
Someone needs to market a whole life plan. We will call it the "Life Makeover" we'll just remind people about holding down a job, working hard, not lying, cheating or stealing. Being responsible and taking care of their family and being good neighbors. Will make millions! Oh wait a minute that won't necessarily make anyone rich. Back to the drawing board.

There's a book about that... scratch

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: dogcatcher] #5775826 06/05/15 11:30 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Originally Posted By: Frenzy
Man....it's clear none of you need his advice. So why do you know so much about the man? Was he on Entertainment Tonight this week or something? Did you read about him in Vogue? Maybe y'all high and mighties are jealous you didn't get rich selling common sense to the folks who actually needed some...

Over the years I have had many people preach about how smart he is, so I decided to check out his book when I found it at the $1 bookstore. I believe at a dollar I broke even based on the "entertainment value", any more and I would have was overcharged. up

Well good for you, guess you didn't need it...bu you don't know anybody who'd pay a dollar for some common sense financial advice? I guess that's why so many Americans aren't on foodstamps and welfare. roflmao

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5775963 06/06/15 01:39 AM
K
kry226 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Wow. Always love it when folks say I said something completely different than what I said and then proceed to get pissed about it. smile

Please read what I wrote slowly. My concerns have zero to do with his wealth. I don't even know the guy except to know he uses the church as an inroad to build a secular business. And (as with many with charisma and the gift of gab) that his followers are devoted. Which is apparent.

I stand by my statements about the man's reply. Red flags everywhere in it. The smart ones know their bible like the back of their hand and wield it well for their gain. And are always defensive/ready to tell you how persecuted they are. It's a familiar pattern.

No anger at all here. And no need to read slowly. I'm not as dull as you'd like to make me out to be.

You claim to not know the guy yet you make the statements you do. Which are made out of context, since you don't know him, you know? If you knew him, you would know that his business isn't secular. If you knew him, the statement above would make more sense as he's not to a guy to wear all his church service accomplishments on his shoulder for all to see as bragging rights.

But even if you did know him, you'd still see what you wanted to see.

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #5776645 06/06/15 07:01 PM
S
SouthWestIron Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: blazin

There's a book about that... scratch

Yes sir, THE BOOK. Sad to say many of them are sitting under a pile of dust and holding newspaper clippings.

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: SouthWestIron] #5776696 06/06/15 07:51 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Don't know how many people carry a balance on their CC's, but it's supposed to be a pretty fair sized % of the populace. Which is a pretty solid indictment on the population.

Ramsey wouldn't have approved of my investment strategy. But it's worked well for me.

And I think most people today would benefit from following his low debt load advice. It's worked well for him.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #5776746 06/06/15 08:43 PM
L
leswad Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Lot of stone throwers here... When Dave is on his death bed he can look back on his life and see how many people he helped out of slavery/debt, plus all the good his church has done.

For the record, I have not had a credit card for 17 years and have never had my debit card compromised. I also enjoy the same benefits a credit card Company gives you.

[Linked Image]
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Kev®] #5777119 06/07/15 02:15 AM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Kev®
He's made millions off of his books and shows, he's a business looking for paying customers. I have very few bills so I've never really followed him. A lot of what he preaches makes since though. Most people don't follow what he preaches.

after about 11 years found my self much further in debt than I would have ever imagined, 50-60,000 sat the wife down explained we was going to work it out. basically used his plan, not to the letter at all but basic idea. im about 5k away from being where I need to be only took 3-4 years. aside from the concept I don't watch or listen to him much.
he has lost his arse more than once

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: BOONER] #5777187 06/07/15 03:08 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
decoy
decoy
Originally Posted By: BOONER
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Using a Credit card and living off a credit card are two different things. He is beyond pointed on this but I find it funny that he says that's the last debt to pay off due to the no collateral..yet mocks some one for using it.

I never got that either. Dude reminds me of a used car salesman that snuck into a lot of churches to exploit their generosity with his approach and is now pulling a Rick James, "I'm Rich..." on everybody.

Yelp...When someone goes out of there way to tell you they are a good Christian....run

Really? Lots of folks on here go out of their way to say they are good Christians! confused2

Great for them. I'll let actions speak louder up

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #5777199 06/07/15 03:19 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Ed Slott and Suzy Orman are who we've listened too, and followed. Straight forward advice on investing, saving, building wealth and no preaching or using the religion card. Credit cards aren't bad. Just like guns aren't bad. It's the person behind them.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #5777203 06/07/15 03:21 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Dave Ramsey is great at getting you back to zero, or being broke. Which is to say he points the way to getting one out of negative numbers. What one does after that to capitalize on being out from under debt is what's really going to matter. Everyone's individual opportunities, motivations and situations are different.

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #5777321 06/07/15 12:19 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I invested in creditcard companies.
I barely use creditcards, just enough to keep my creditscore at par (which is another big joke, pushing people to spend so they retain a sexy creditscore)

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #6367261 07/12/16 10:58 PM
71Rcode Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I credit Dave and his teachings for getting my head out of my azz (financially) and get truly committed to paying off our home (which we did 2x...) 20 years ahead of the amortization schedule. I credit him at every opportunity in financial discussions with folks that can't get ahead. I think I spent $15 on his book and listened to 500 hours of his shows via podcast.

And we only use a credit card for car rentals/hotels/link to my PayPal account. It's a game changer not having to send money to the credit card company every month. Debit card/cash hurts as it leaves your account and you spend less.

Always interested in Marlins. Let me know what you have for sale!
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: kry226] #6367368 07/13/16 12:29 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: kry226
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Wow. Always love it when folks say I said something completely different than what I said and then proceed to get pissed about it. smile

Please read what I wrote slowly. My concerns have zero to do with his wealth. I don't even know the guy except to know he uses the church as an inroad to build a secular business. And (as with many with charisma and the gift of gab) that his followers are devoted. Which is apparent.

I stand by my statements about the man's reply. Red flags everywhere in it. The smart ones know their bible like the back of their hand and wield it well for their gain. And are always defensive/ready to tell you how persecuted they are. It's a familiar pattern.

No anger at all here. And no need to read slowly. I'm not as dull as you'd like to make me out to be.

You claim to not know the guy yet you make the statements you do. Which are made out of context, since you don't know him, you know? If you knew him, you would know that his business isn't secular. If you knew him, the statement above would make more sense as he's not to a guy to wear all his church service accomplishments on his shoulder for all to see as bragging rights.

But even if you did know him, you'd still see what you wanted to see.

Year after Year his responses never get old, not you kry...

Almost Comical...

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #6367375 07/13/16 12:35 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Wow. I am really your head, aren't I? Trolling a year old post....

Your phobias and issues would be comical, if they weren't so sad. Really.

Originally Posted By: Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #6367394 07/13/16 12:52 AM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I was a Dave Ramsey type person decades before he showed up on radar.

If we are out and about in the evenings I try and catch his show while driving.

Never understood people hat'n on people try'n to help other people.

Make America Great Again

[Linked Image]
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Tbar] #6367400 07/13/16 12:56 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Tbar
I was a Dave Ramsey type person decades before he showed up on radar.

If we are out and about in the evenings I try and catch his show while driving.

Never understood people hat'n on people try'n to help other people.

Pretty simple concept..
Don't Spend more than you bring in up

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #6367402 07/13/16 12:57 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Using church methods to make himself rich just like the big preachers that care about you

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #6367470 07/13/16 02:07 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
I don't make NP or Sniper kinda money and don't know who Dave Ramsey is, but I got the wedding paid for so I am happy and drinking a shiner by the fire.

Cyber hug fellas and call a truce. In the end, we got more in common than we don't. cheers

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Creekrunner] #6367530 07/13/16 03:07 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Nope Never...

I will never lose my Morals, Ethics and Principle ...

And I don't spin talk roflmao

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: Brother in-law] #6367544 07/13/16 03:20 AM
K
kry226 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Using church methods to make himself rich just like the big preachers that care about you

What exactly are "church methods"?

Re: Will Dave Ramsey's ego consume him? [Re: SniperRAB] #6367549 07/13/16 03:24 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Nope Never...

I will never lose my Morals, Ethics and Principle ...

And I don't spin talk roflmao

Well it was worth a try. Pic did make me laugh though.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide