Page 1 of 2 1 2
Found this over looking my feeder #6114261 01/02/16 05:14 AM
R
Ronnie Oneal Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
After hunting family land the last 5 years by myself stupid me shares pics of deer that my kids have shot. Well some other family members start nosing around this year. I got my feeder and blind set up on the far north end of the property which is about 200 acres. Plenty of room for someone else to go set them up a spot on the south end. Well after finding some stuff in my blind about a month ago that wasn't mine I locked up my blind. If they would of asked I absolutely would not of had a problem but sneaking out during the week when they knew I wouldn't be there ticked me off. So I find this set up about 40 yards to the west of my box blind the other day.

I couldn't do anything but laugh. Like I said a little respect of saying hey I know you been hunting out here for years but we would like to start hunting as well but don't have the money to set anything up so can I use yours when you arnt here would of been acceptable. They even cleared a few small trees out of the way to make them a little shooting lane LOL. Maybe I will set up something on the other end of the property for them next year so they won't have to go thru the trouble of building a brush blind at my feeder. Would this of upset yall or would yall be ok with it since it is family land and I don't pay to hunt it?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQa5cwBGes6Kp0cGQOj2Brw

NIGHT CREW TV on YouTube ☝️☝️☝️

https://m.facebook.com/nightcrewfans/

NIGHT CREW TV Facebook☝️☝️☝️
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114267 01/02/16 05:22 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I wouldn't be happy about it. Like you said, it lacks respect as well as courtesy. They could have said something, considering you've put in the work on that spot. I'm not sure what I would do about it, but I would be irritated.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114273 01/02/16 05:29 AM
R
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
I want everyone to be able to hunt enjoy themselves if possible but I been feeding pretty much year around out there the last 4 or 5 years and they set up right on top of me. Heck they could of at least took their chairs back with them. What they don't know it 80 percent of the deer come in on a trail about 5 yards to the left of that brush blind they built. Was just kinda amazed about the disrespect of doing that. Guess that comes along with hunting a place for free and having no say but like I said it was more of a respect issue with me. I've yet to shoot a deer there bc I set it up for my kids. They have done well hunting that spot tho. I've shot a few on the south end of property just hunting trails but that blind and feeder is for my kiddos. Is what it is I guess...

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114301 01/02/16 05:57 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I'd probably cut the bottom out of the seat or take a big dump in it.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114328 01/02/16 10:47 AM
E
Emmett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
I would be upset as well. Especially with it being family land, there is no excuse not calling you and asking permission to use your equipment. You say you hunt for free but in all actuality you pay to hunt there through buying or building a blind, feeder, corn and the gas going back and forth throughout the year feeding, checking camera and whatever maintenance you have to do.

Psalm 121
82nd Airborne Division. 3/504 PIR, Recon
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #6114332 01/02/16 11:15 AM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Well, if it's family land, that suggests to me that all of the family is entitled to enjoy it. Even though it's your stand and your feeder, it would be a reach for you to claim an "area" or territory for you to use exclusively.

This looks like a fine opportunity to contact the other hunters (I bet you have an inkling who they are) and propose some sort of cooperative approach.....maybe some food plots and an extra shared stand/feeder or two. There might even be a big strapping nephew who would love to dig in and help.

One thing's for sure.....you will derive a far better outcome by embracing your relatives rather than declaring war. Nice trumps nasty every time.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114378 01/02/16 01:15 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
If this is how they approach hunting and life in general, I doubt they'll help or care much.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114403 01/02/16 01:43 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I would have 2 new chairs.....It may not have even been family, could have just as easily been trespassing neighbors.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114412 01/02/16 01:49 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Sounds like its a family place. Do you own the place? If so, kick them off. If not...sounds like you have a tough call to make.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: dawaba] #6114425 01/02/16 01:59 PM
D
d.g.ruff Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: dawaba
Well, if it's family land, that suggests to me that all of the family is entitled to enjoy it. Even though it's your stand and your feeder, it would be a reach for you to claim an "area" or territory for you to use exclusively.

This looks like a fine opportunity to contact the other hunters (I bet you have an inkling who they are) and propose some sort of cooperative approach.....maybe some food plots and an extra shared stand/feeder or two. There might even be a big strapping nephew who would love to dig in and help.

One thing's for sure.....you will derive a far better outcome by embracing your relatives rather than declaring war. Nice trumps nasty every time.

This is probably the way you should treat it. However, the devil in me says burn that crap and have a dummy hanging from a noose in the tree next to it. But I often get in trouble for not thinking things thru first. So, better listen to Mr. Dawaba.

Mmmm Hmmm
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114431 01/02/16 02:02 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Ahh, family dynamics. Personally, I would try to swing a lease of my own for my kids. Sounds like the situation is going to fester on your family place. And, I'd bet once you stop hunting it, their interest will die on the vine. You might be able to hunt it again someday, quietly. Think long term with a long-range plan.

I could describe a situation sillier than this in my family, but won't.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114452 01/02/16 02:24 PM
R
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
All good advice and every idea mentioned has ran thru my head. Yes I know who it is. Just can't believe with the other area to hunt out there they feel the need to set up right on top of my stuff like that. I even put up a camera kinda facing my blind so I could just see their reaction when they seen I had locked the box blind and the camera has been turned backwards twice. Went 5 years with no problems but this year has been a mess. I think I'm gonna ride it out without declaring total war and see what happens. When it all first started trust me I raised 9 kinds of hell. But it is land that I do not own so not much I can do. Trying to find a small lease so my kids can hunt is probably my best option so I don't end up strangling one of these bums. Thanks for the replies. I was thinking maybe I was in the wrong for being mad bc I don't pay a lease fee to hunt there.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Sneaky] #6114460 01/02/16 02:30 PM
R
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
If this is how they approach hunting and life in general, I doubt they'll help or care much.

And this right here is very true about them. Sad but true....

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6114677 01/02/16 05:09 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
It happened on first lease we payed ta hunt... Chatted with a couple of guys said they had gotten permission ta hunt from another member, explained, no visitors during deer season, & they needed ta be with member... caught one guy in a stand but he tippy toed ta his truck before could chat... It happens ta people Paying ta lease also... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6115252 01/03/16 12:40 AM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
A bum's a bum and nothing's going to change it. I'd be POd too but talking to them won't change anything so you're better off getting a lease.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6115288 01/03/16 01:03 AM
S
Someone Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
you have to outsmart them

you need to get some junk equipment (not dangerous) and set it up in the most horrible spot on the entire property and then start pretending that you are working it hard and getting all the good deer there

they will be over there wasting time while you have your spot back

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Someone] #6115360 01/03/16 01:41 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Someone

you need to get some junk equipment (not dangerous) and set it up in the most horrible spot on the entire property and then start pretending that you are working it hard and getting all the good deer there

This guy, I like.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Creekrunner] #6115394 01/03/16 01:57 AM
R
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

This guy, I like.

LOL yeah I should do that. It's my own fault for showing pics of deer that my kids have shot. Nobody had any interest in hunting out there until they figured out there were some pretty good deer and I spent the time and money to set up a good spot. I will ride it out till next year and see what happens.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #6116013 01/03/16 02:58 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
I'd probably cut the bottom out of the seat or take a big dump in it.
this

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6116049 01/03/16 03:27 PM
S
sqiggy Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Oneal
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

This guy, I like.

LOL yeah I should do that. It's my own fault for showing pics of deer that my kids have shot. Nobody had any interest in hunting out there until they figured out there were some pretty good deer and I spent the time and money to set up a good spot. I will ride it out till next year and see what happens.
What I would do, at the next family get together, tell the person(s) that they should have put a brush blind at the spot you don't see any or very few deer, cause you saw a monster buck and that you plan on putting a stand at that location for next season. If they are serious about hunting, they will have one in place next year, leaving you back at your honey hole. It worked for me!!!

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6116531 01/03/16 09:19 PM
W
wellingtontx Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Looks like they could at least offer to split the feed cost with you.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6116605 01/03/16 10:09 PM
N
Novemberyet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Are we some how, mysteriously hunting the same place? Are we related? Because I have a brother in law who is a knucklehead. I got my own lease this year and he has been using my blind all year. The last time I went out there, it had trash and Pepsie cans strewn all over the floor, propane bottles were empty and one window was left open. It's a pain in my butt to haul everything out there every time but I guess I'll have to do it.

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Novemberyet] #6116743 01/03/16 11:28 PM
R
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Novemberyet
Are we some how, mysteriously hunting the same place? Are we related? Because I have a brother in law who is a knucklehead. I got my own lease this year and he has been using my blind all year. The last time I went out there, it had trash and Pepsie cans strewn all over the floor, propane bottles were empty and one window was left open. It's a pain in my butt to haul everything out there every time but I guess I'll have to do it.

Well my pain in the butt is actually a uncle and his grandson plus a mother in laws boyfriend. I know sounds weird but the boyfriend has been the worst. Wife's grandpa actually owns the place and gave me permission to hunt it 5 years ago. Like I said before. No one wanted to hunt it till they seen pics of deer my kids have shot. The boyfriend guy is probably gonna end up not liking me much (he actually already dont) but the uncle and grandson are big bums. Promise u they would kill anything that walks out. 13 in or not they would shoot it. Sucks to put the time into a place then have a few morons come in and mess it up. I don't want my kids thinking this is what happens when u work hard to prepare something then it's ok for others to come on and squat on top of you. Frustrating to say the least. Wife's grandpa that owns the place done ran the boyfriend off but he has been seen back out there. I'm very pro pressing trespassing charges but I wish he would on the mother in laws boyfriend. Hopefully by next year they will lose interest. I hope anyway....

Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #6116978 01/04/16 01:00 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I understand your predicament.
I hunt a place that wasn't hunted for 8 years by the family. When family got word that I had put up feeders and blinds, everyone lazy-A relative came out of the wood-works. I would catch them on game camera, they kept saying it was "family land" and that they were allowed to hunt there anytime they wanted. The land owner "grandpa" (my friend) informed them that it was not family land, it was his land. He also told them that the hunting investment was mine, so they have to call me before they can go out for anything. And grandpa has them believing that I will call the law.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Found this over looking my feeder [Re: Simple Searcher] #6117073 01/04/16 01:42 AM
R
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
I understand your predicament.
I hunt a place that wasn't hunted for 8 years by the family. When family got word that I had put up feeders and blinds, everyone lazy-A relative came out of the wood-works. I would catch them on game camera, they kept saying it was "family land" and that they were allowed to hunt there anytime they wanted. The land owner "grandpa" (my friend) informed them that it was not family land, it was his land. He also told them that the hunting investment was mine, so they have to call me before they can go out for anything. And grandpa has them believing that I will call the law.

I'm gonna talk to papa (wife's grandpa) about everything before next year. Papa and I have a good relationship so we will see. I can't stand bums like this and he can't either but he really don't want to deal with it which I don't blame him. He has owned the land for probably 50 years and none of these people have had any interest in it till now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide