Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6056746 11/29/15 11:39 PM
N
NewGulf Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: patfatdaddy
No. Culp is a coward, he won't show up here.
Pat

have you heard anything else from that punk?

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6472214 09/28/16 05:00 PM
P
patfatdaddy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
P
I will be going back to McKinney to testify against Culp again in December. This guy just won't quit.
Pat

Pat's Custom Rods
979-418-9093
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6474123 09/29/16 10:51 PM
N
NewGulf Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
nail his sorry keester.

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6479952 10/04/16 01:57 PM
T
Tex68w Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: patfatdaddy
I will be going back to McKinney to testify against Culp again in December. This guy just won't quit.
Pat

Is the back story imbedded in a thread here?

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6480430 10/04/16 06:22 PM
C
Cajun Raider Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Maybe this comment goes here or maybe it doesn't but here goes. Let me start by saying I have elk and duck hunted with retired policemen before and have a high opinion of them. However, one retired police officer, I know, has recently started claiming he went through airborne school years ago. I asked him which military unit he was in? He said he got a military exemption from the armed services but did skydiving training through his police department. I was in the Army but had never heard of that. Is it possible that police departments have such an arrangement with the Army? Again, I have the utmost respect for the police officers I hunted with, but this brothers me. If it is true then please accept my apologies.

Don't talk the talk if you didn't walk the walk.
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6481100 10/05/16 12:27 AM
glocker17 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Sounds suspicious.....

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: kevkaba1] #6559598 11/26/16 09:29 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: kevkaba1
Originally Posted By: Skip
My time in the service was back in the 60's and if my memory serves me I think each Airborne division had their own jump school. I may be wrong there. I see you coming on here trying to call someone out right off the batt over a tattoo and his wording in his post and I don't think that is right. Maybe his wording wasn't exactly the way you think it should have been but I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Understood. I respect your position. And I still hold my position, even if you don't think it is right. What you think doesn't dictate my actions.

I'm sure he can answer for himself if he wants or he can ignore me totally. It should be much easier to simply answer and clarify than defend without explanation. I never questioned his wording or stated how I think it should be... I just wonder why a Marine would get an army tattoo to show airborne status and then remove the word "airborne" to replace it with "usmc". I doubt you have usmc tattoo's after your army service. If you did, I would probably ask why out of curiosity.

And by the way... Thank YOU for your service.

Wow, haven't visited this tread in a while. I have no need to defend myself, but my "Army" tattoo is a tip of my hat to their jump school. There were only three Marines in my class, the other two were officers, I was an E-3 (Lance Corporal) so we didn't exactly hang out together. The Soldiers treated me like family, not what I was expecting going in knowing I'd be the only E-Marine in the class. I guess that was before or after your time. So when we all went out and got drunk together, I just got the same tat they were all getting but had USMC put in the banner. I didn't inspect their tattoos. Maybe I should have, mea culpa. Happy Holidays.

edited to add: And I know nothing about Army units having individual jump classes. Not saying they don't, but about 1/3 of my class said they were going into the 101st. Maye they weren't? I don't know. But in any case, that's where that came from. I never served with or saw any of them ever again.

edited again to add: Marines also attend Army Ranger School. I did not. Those who do are issued the Ranger Tab, but they can't wear it. They tape it to the inside of the front panel of their cover and iron it so the tab would be kind of embossed on the front of the cover.

Last edited by Slow Drifter; 11/26/16 11:09 PM.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6559840 11/27/16 12:52 AM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
After serving in the Air Force and moving back to Texas in 93, I went to several gun shows with my buddy over the next several years. I was amazed at how many Seals, Rangers & other special forces people I met. Of course my BS meter would go off. I made the comment to him that no one claims to be just a grunt. I asked him where are all the grunts?

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6560315 11/27/16 01:05 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
After being around Rangers and some special forces guys for a good number of years, I can't recall even one bringing it up or pointing it out. In my experience, it just isn't bragged about.

I was not military, but I have a lot family and friends who served Vietnam. I still have family who are serving now.

Marc

Last edited by Marc in Bastrop; 11/27/16 01:07 PM.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6643872 01/22/17 10:07 PM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I have met some of these stolen valor idiots and I want to call them out every time I meet one but they usually end up digging their own graves over time. So it's more fun to sit back and watch them hang themselves over time. I have met a few who's parents were in the military and once they were buried, they would pretend to have served and use their knowledge from being a base brat to talk themselves up lmao. I think it might be some kind of guilt that they didn't sign the dotted line and have parent issues or something. You can tell who has served and who's full of S#!T once talking to them for 10 minutes and what's even funnier is that they can't produce one picture of themselves in a uniform lol. That fat tard who was bragging about getting discounts on YouTube and calling on vets to do something about it, ended up having to move out of his moms house and can't get hired for a job anywhere now lol. I guess it all worked out in the end hahahahaha!!!! I served for 4 years in the Marine Corps and couldn't reenlist after my 4 years were up because 100 of us ended up getting screwed up knees and shoulders from an instructor who was doing training that was basically illegal and outlawed in the Corps because it was proven to destroy Marines. I never complained about it and the way I learned about over 100 of us getting screwed up was because I ended up having to get interviewed over some investigation that was brought on the instructor after the Navy started looking in to all these people getting medical discharges after going through this training. Then when they interviewed some Marines and asked what was done during their training, they narrowed it down to one instructor. The Marine Corps was definitely my calling in life and my family through connections, got in touch with General Krulak and got him to call my CO and try to get the Navy doctor to change his ruling on my health. Yeah I got a huge &$$ chewing from my CO over that phone call and what's funny is that I had nothing to do with it or I would have begged them to not do it lol. I didn't go home willingly and I was kicking and screaming the whole way. I am proud of my military service and have never and never will exaggerate my time in the Corps. Anybody who is charged with stolen valor should be given community service at their local VA and maybe then they will understand how wrong it is to pretend to have served your country. I went to the VA and ran in to an old buddy who had lost his legs and I broke down after leaving. My relative who made a career out of the Corps wanted me to go in and see what they could do for me. He always told me to go to the VA since it's there for those who served. I just think if I can work and make my own way that I should not clog the system and take time and benefits away from others who need it more. I chose to pay for my own health insurance after getting out of the Corps because there are so many vets who need the care and help more than I do. I am glad that they are finally doing something about the VA because our veterans deserve the best care they can get. Instead of giving it to illegals for a vote. It sickens me that we have homeless Americans who served our country but have the money to put up illegals in apartmnet buildings and give them free healthcare on America's tax dollars!

Last edited by bowbuilder1971; 01/22/17 10:09 PM.
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6643917 01/22/17 10:34 PM
P
patfatdaddy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
P
I get to testify against Brian Culp this May. Looking forward to seeing him again. Every time he sees me he tries to intimidate me, but I am not scared he is a coward and always will be.
Pat

Pat's Custom Rods
979-418-9093
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6653473 01/29/17 10:42 PM
B
bull279 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Good luck testifying against him. Sounds like he needs a nice quiet secure place to sit and think about life.

I met a Stolen Valor guy once. I worked with him... the entire he time he served in the Army (reserves). We went to police academy together and he was telling other students that he was airborne (which I knew that he wasn't). So I called him on it. He told me, "Yeah man, it was the hardest 2 weeks of my life". Wrong answer homeboy, airborne school is three weeks. UHH UHH "No man, they shortened it to two weeks". Me: "Hold on" whip out my cell phone and call a buddy of mine at Bragg and ask him if he has sent any of his troops down to Benning for jump school. He said 2 guys just got back. I asked him is ABN school was still 3 weeks or did they shortened it. He said still 3 weeks. Turned back to my coworker "Hey highspeed, airborne school is STILL 3 weeks long". He stopped talking to me and still avoids me to this day.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

U.S. Army Military Police (ABN) 1998-2003
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6654845 01/30/17 11:34 PM
7x57 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I've met lots of people who claim to have been seals or seabees, etc. when I tell them about being in the Navy. They don't know that NSW prep is also where my A-school was, so they usually give some jive about Coronado boot camps or some such and it gives it away instantly. Had one guy tell me that his friend was a seal that only did 4 years active duty for whatever reason and that when he questioned him the guy pulled out an mp5 and a "50 cal" to prove it.

I usually just tell the truth, I spent most of the day fixing technology older than I was and messed around with girls whose names I'll probably never recall.

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #6654949 01/31/17 12:43 AM
D
Da' Hitman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
I ran into this at work a few months back. I went crazy on this kid wearing the uniform and he just tried to scurry away. His mom or grandma finally stopped me from chasing him to their car. That crap makes me furious. Too many have suffered too much to allow a liar to steal the honor and pride of service.

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #7219877 07/09/18 10:37 PM
H
HooksetBrothers1 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
A simply ask to see their DD214 to prove their military service and so called valor claims would fix the issue if you are donating or contributing to any veteran. If they act all pissy than they are hiding something.

I co founded a nonprofit called Hookset Brothers Combat Recovery a 501c3 organization that empowers Veterans with Combat related PTSD by providing free hunting and fishing trips. If we ever question one of the combat veterans that get selected for our trips we simply ask for dd214.

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #7221611 07/11/18 03:36 PM
B
BowsnRods Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Nothing worse than someone pretending to be something there not! I thank all the men and women active duty,retired and reservists who have and still protect our Great Country! God Bless All Of You!

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: patfatdaddy] #7221732 07/11/18 05:29 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
There are prob more real service members that embellish or straight up lie about their service and achievements/experiences than there are straight up posers who never served.

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: SapperTitan] #7221833 07/11/18 07:20 PM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
There are prob more real service members that embellish or straight up lie about their service and achievements/experiences than there are straight up posers who never served.

I agree up

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: HooksetBrothers1] #7221972 07/11/18 10:07 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: HooksetBrothers1
A simply ask to see their DD214 to prove their military service and so called valor claims would fix the issue if you are donating or contributing to any veteran. If they act all pissy than they are hiding something.

I co founded a nonprofit called Hookset Brothers Combat Recovery a 501c3 organization that empowers Veterans with Combat related PTSD by providing free hunting and fishing trips. If we ever question one of the combat veterans that get selected for our trips we simply ask for dd214.

We have seen a few altered DD214's that were so good that you could not tell they were fake. One was so good that he got elected to an office in a veterans organization. It was a relative of his that tipped off the organization that he had never been in the USAF or any other branch of the military.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: SapperTitan] #7221976 07/11/18 10:12 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I found it amazing on how many veterans that have actually served that claimed things that never occurred.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: dogcatcher] #7222040 07/11/18 11:12 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

I found it amazing on how many veterans that have actually served that claimed things that never occurred.

That’s severely depressing. Thanks guys.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: dogcatcher] #7224262 07/14/18 11:58 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Yup.... but happens in all walks of life, all professions, and all industries......some people simply have to make themselves out to be more than they really are...

I take anyone telling me how great they are with a huge block of salt.....most people who have actually done things don't boast about them.....Jes my experience....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: SapperTitan] #7281634 09/09/18 03:53 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L

every one ya run into was sf/ranger/seal/some on in socom community, I think I have only met one person tat was like I was a cook
we all know there is more support staff than doers but ya would never guess it.

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Stolen Valor [Re: SapperTitan] #7282135 09/10/18 05:10 AM
N
N.La.Beagler Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N

Found out a guy who I was the best of friends with was doing this. Nothing but facebook posts about being a SAPPER. We were 62H... Concrete and Asphalt guys. Dude did 21 years and did absolutely nothing, unless he was a good recruiter for his last 13 years. Lied to everybody who would listen as long as they would listen. 5 deployments PTSD, Purple Heart, Saved a guys life by pinching off his artery so he wouldn't bleed out ...YADDA YADDA YADDA. Was the biggest COWARD and obvious liar I ever met. Was afraid to leave base camp in El Salvador in 95 AND 96 and did absolutely NOTHING in Bosnia except replace the regular NCO on a mail run ONCE in 97. So if you ever run into SFC Lewis Cheatwood, believe absolutely NOTHING he says.

Re: Stolen Valor [Re: Cast] #7613866 09/23/19 04:28 PM
S
Stinger13 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted by Cast
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by SapperTitan

That�s severely depressing. Thanks guys.

Not as often as someone who did not serve lying on their resume.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide