Print Thread
Looking for a ranch to film on #5988038 10/22/15 12:02 AM
E
elite Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
Iam the owner of Bowed Up tv and we will be on the Hunt channel next year on dish network. We are looking for a ranch we can get all four of us together to film a intro. In return we will film your ranch and give you the footage for your use. If you know anyone or would lien to talk text me at 2144482078 my name is Mike McNulty.

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5989099 10/22/15 05:52 PM
E
elite Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
Up

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5990603 10/23/15 05:11 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A couple hunts on film traded for 4 guys to come hunt? I don't see that panning out for y'all. Gonna need some dollar signs for people to listen.

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5990912 10/23/15 08:18 PM
E
elite Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
We are willing to pay no asking for free hunts

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5992200 10/24/15 08:07 PM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
What are you looking to hunt and whats your budget to spend if your willing to pay may help. We have several options available.

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5994259 10/26/15 01:47 AM
E
elite Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
Pm me or text me

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5995299 10/26/15 08:23 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Do you have any sample videos you have done? Maybe a youtube channel set up so we can see some of the quality of your work?
How about a website? I saw the facebook page.
I didn't see a logo or your name on Hunt Channels website.

Last edited by Curtis; 10/26/15 08:25 PM.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5997496 10/27/15 11:40 PM
E
elite Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
We will be on hunt channel next just got done with the contract.we are going to be working with bling goat media for our editor and all videos will be done by them. No sample video yet not looking for free hunts. I shouldn't have to prove my self my money spends the same as everyone else's just looking for some ranches that would let us come film and have fu

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5998125 10/28/15 11:28 AM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
But in this case your not just asking to come an hunt. Your advertising that you film hunts for a TV show.
"Iam the owner of Bowed Up tv and we will be on the Hunt channel next year on dish network."

Do you mean blind goat media? Who is that? Do they have a website? I couldn't find bling goat media or blind goat media

You should have to prove yourself in this situation I think. I mean your saying your offering to film the ranch and give us a video. I think an outfitter doesn't want a poor quality video.
"We are looking for a ranch we can get all four of us together to film a intro. In return we will film your ranch and give you the footage for your use."

Anybody with a camera can do that. But an outfitter is going to expect a group that's coming out to film to be above average in their abilities. So therefore I do believe you should have to prove yourself and have some video footage put together to show the quality of work, your experience in getting the shot on camera, and personality on film. All of this is what you sell. You are selling your personality along with your hunting abilities and your filming ability when you approach an outfitter to do what you say you are doing.

I had the group Hunting Wicked Close come out to my place many years ago, who is on that same channel that you say you will be on. Well sir, they did show me footage before they came to hunt. They gave references. They were not negative to me in any way. I have also hunted with Keith Warren. When I asked them and challenged them, they stood up to it professionally and answered my questions. They showed footage of what is done and told me how it works. I have met many other TV personalities that have been doing this for years and they all do that. There have been a few that are just starting out just like you and have approached me and others on here or in other forms and the ones that I want to say that were the good ones, stood up to it and explained their situation up front. Each one of the agents that said they wanted to come and film a hunt already had some type of filming experience and could prove they their work was top quality. They all knew they had to prove themselves, even the ones that have been making shows for a decade or more.

In my opinion, an outfitter doesn't want someone coming onto their property to film a hunt that has poor experience in filming a hunt. And I feel that if your in that business something as simple as a youtube channel of your hunt videos or some examples of your work would be necessary. That is in fact your resume and portfolio in that business and should stand to show your skills.

Last edited by Curtis; 10/28/15 11:39 AM.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: Curtis] #5998200 10/28/15 12:35 PM
E
Elkhunter49 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Do you mean blind goat media? Who is that? Do they have a website? I couldn't find bling goat media or blind goat media

You should have to prove yourself in this situation I think. I mean your saying your offering to film the ranch and give us a video. I think an outfitter doesn't want a poor quality video.
"We are looking for a ranch we can get all four of us together to film a intro. In return we will film your ranch and give you the footage for your use."

Anybody with a camera can do that. But an outfitter is going to expect a group that's coming out to film to be above average in their abilities. So therefore I do believe you should have to prove yourself and have some video footage put together to show the quality of work, your experience in getting the shot on camera, and personality on film. All of this is what you sell. You are selling your personality along with your hunting abilities and your filming ability when you approach an outfitter to do what you say you are doing.

I had the group Hunting Wicked Close come out to my place many years ago, who is on that same channel that you say you will be on. Well sir, they did show me footage before they came to hunt. They gave references. They were not negative to me in any way. I have also hunted with Keith Warren. When I asked them and challenged them, they stood up to it professionally and answered my questions. They showed footage of what is done and told me how it works. I have met many other TV personalities that have been doing this for years and they all do that. There have been a few that are just starting out just like you and have approached me and others on here or in other forms and the ones that I want to say that were the good ones, stood up to it and explained their situation up front. Each one of the agents that said they wanted to come and film a hunt already had some type of filming experience and could prove they their work was top quality. They all knew they had to prove themselves, even the ones that have been making shows for a decade or more.

In my opinion, an outfitter doesn't want someone coming onto their property to film a hunt that has poor experience in filming a hunt. And I feel that if your in that business something as simple as a youtube channel of your hunt videos or some examples of your work would be necessary. That is in fact your resume and portfolio in that business and should stand to show your skills. [/quote]

This is some solid advise. If I were you I'd follow it!

Last edited by Elkhunter49; 10/28/15 12:35 PM.

A true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart.
Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5998246 10/28/15 12:53 PM
E
elite Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
I agree Iam sorry I was rude I just know a lot of shows are looking for free stuff all the time. I didn't mean any disrespect when to anyone. We know that we must prove our self and Iam willing to do that. Again Iam sorry

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5998538 10/28/15 04:06 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I don't think you were rude? Shoot, if you never ask you never know. A good buddy of mine has a hunting show on the outdoor network and he always asks to come hunt and film at our place. I say sure, our prices are on the website haha. But hey, I don't get mad that he asks I would too if I were him!

Re: Looking for a ranch to film on [Re: elite] #5998909 10/28/15 08:11 PM
T
the lab Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I don't have a dog in the fight. I am not a ranch owner or outfitter in Texas. (unfortunately don't even have the privilege of living in Texas). I am just a regular guy that loves hunting and truly enjoys heading to Texas and experiencing the amazing opportunities it has to offer hunters. That said, I think it "read" as though you were looking for a free or discounted hunt, in exchange for the exposure that you could offer. Good luck in your quest and your hunt. I truly hope you are able to live your dream.

Like I said said, I can only give you a 3rd party view of how it read. Good luck hunting

Last edited by the lab; 10/28/15 08:26 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide