texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
KBM, Marcuswellbee, Nmhuntr, GBA, Bulfitr
67442 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 104,250
bill oxner 74,533
stxranchman 56,727
SnakeWrangler 53,977
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,451
BMD 41,091
Gravytrain 40,794
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics588,423
Posts11,091,233
Members82,442
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Deer went Nocturnal on me. #5983057 10/19/15 12:03 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 182
C
ChanceHuiet Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
C
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 182
I hunt 2600 acres between Uvalde and Bracketville and for the first 2 weeks of bowseason I've hunted it 7 days. 3 last week 4 this week. Last week I had deer all over me. This week deer movement is horrible. Checked my game cams and from around 10 till 4 in morning my feeder is covered up in deer. Have 13 different bucks that are eating every night. Feeders timer is 7 am and 6 pm. Anyway to try and pull these deer out of their nocturnal mode? Am I feeding to much, hunting to much?

Last edited by quackills05; 10/19/15 12:04 AM.
Re: Deer went Nocturnal on me. [Re: ChanceHuiet] #5983065 10/19/15 12:09 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,528
4
4Weight Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
4
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,528
Quack

I always say it like this. Deer will be deer. 80-90% of the time, they move at night. Kinda like trout, 80% of the time, they eat sub-surface, the other 10-20% they eat on top. I don't thinks it's you, just lunar and weather conditions.

They are mammals and move at night. Period.

Good luck.

4W


www.aztecanglers.com
San Juan River NM FlyFishing
Re: Deer went Nocturnal on me. [Re: ChanceHuiet] #5983097 10/19/15 12:30 AM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,466
J
Jkd106 Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,466
X2, they will come back around.


Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3