Print Thread
Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? #5948061 09/26/15 11:55 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Coming home from a house hunting road trip this week and noticed Sulak's in Clifton...any comments...or other recommendations anywhere else in Bosque or Hill Counties, since these are the target area's so far. cheers
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5948423 09/27/15 04:40 AM
dogdown23 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Sulaks is top notch. Dwayne is a stand up guy, does an excellent job. Fair prices plus does excellent euro mounts. Hat creek taxidermy is right next door. Sulaks will cape your deer and send it next door if you want a shoulder mount. I've been using them for years.

Dogdown

The only thing that'll stop a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun.
Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5948531 09/27/15 12:37 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Thank you for the comments, just the kind of place I was hoping to find and sounds like I need to stop by next time we get back into the west side of Bosque County in the next week or two. Found a great Realtor in Whitney that'll find us something to buy is what my vibe's are telling me...just dunno when is the only unanswered issue after spending 2 1/2 days with him.

Lots to do in Clifton for a small town especially in the Fall & keep my BH occupied. Things like the Handmade Quilt Charity Auction could get spendy though ..but she has her eye on it already...
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5950629 09/28/15 06:04 PM
C
ckat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Their jalapeno bread is awesome!!!

Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5952050 09/29/15 01:18 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Heading South Ron?

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5952373 09/29/15 03:41 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
DD Been Trying to go south for sure for a while...I want/need to be closer to VA Temple & out of the VA Dallas service area - was diagnosed 3 years ago as being a Type II Diabetic and have yet to be seen by an Endocrinolgist or put on any kind of Diabetic meds or protocols ...Plus had to go outside the VA last year to get a replacement cornea graft with lots more to THAT story mad and striper lakes to fish at Belton & Whitney, lots closer to where I want to hunt & play, and closer to both mine & the BH's remainingfamily that are scattered from Austin/Wimberly to Fayetteville - but not TOO close ...yet still close enough to Dallas to take care of the DinL's continuing medical support issues....and looks like Whitney is it right now...especially now that we found the satellite Czech Stop kolache place in Hillsboro, that sells the day old stuff 4 to a bag for $2.50 & is right next door to Starbucks on the northbound service road of I-35.

Found 2 places to shoot around Valley Mills - one public and one private club & both are half or less my distance to Top Gun & Fossil Pointe. dropped the animals off in van Alstyne at TailWaggers, and took us 1 hour flat from Central Expwy & Walnut Hill (near the condo my son & DinL rented after they sold the big house in Savannah last month to be closer to her doctors) to the Hillsboro turnoff, mid morning last Wednesday.

All I need is to find a buyer up here at Texoma who'll give me more money than the Investor who wants this place at a fire sale price...and a place to live down there. Found IMO a good'un just a scootch north of Meridian 'tween the Bosque River & Hwy 6, ummm 20+ minutes from the lake...just a little barren immediatley around it for the BH LOL & the Canyons at Whitney are tooo spendy for my budget....have also learned to stay away from the 2 story stuff with our old hips & wore out knees.

The BH wants to walk 5-10 minutes to the water like she does here, catching Stripers, Small Mouth, & Large Mouth's off the beach on a top water ... not too bad for a 71 year old woman who learned to cast at 60... just really hard to recreate Texoma's fishery anywhere else though. We gotta stay focused and find the "right compromise" but it's out there if we look long and hard enough, with the super Realtor we found in Whitney.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 09/29/15 04:50 PM.

Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5959909 10/04/15 12:51 PM
S
SowHntr Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
Sulak's is great, clean and fast. With good prices. We have taken many deer to him. Brian at hat creek, does a great euro and sets it on drift wood, they look awesome. I stop by and see his work when I go down to the ranch.

Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5961412 10/05/15 04:34 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Hat Creek did a euro for me this year. It looks awesome the way they position it on the wood. We use Meridian Meat Locker though since it is closer.

Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5961590 10/05/15 12:56 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Thanks for all the info and recc's, as I am totally new to Bosque County and it resource's. I hope to relocate somewhere west of Lake Whitney, the original destination, as soon as we can sell this place in the coming weeks or months, and Clifton or Meridian area appears to be the most likely destinaton. Gotta love the Clifton C of C's home page top row of "what are you looking for ???'s" that hit me in the exact definition of what I'm looking for.

Ya'lls input has been valuable as most of the Real Estate & C of C promo literature handouts are not focused on what's important to the Outdoor Experience ...ex: no where have I seen a mention of a Meat Locker in Meridian, and had only seen Sulak's during the 1st "scout the town" drive by couple weeks ago..and had tagged it as someplace to stop and look into. A ?? though...how would Sulak's compare to say Kuby's in Dallas that I've used since the 1970's, but not in the last 5-6 years, cause living at the very north end of Hwy 289 aka Preston Road in Dallas where it deadends into Lake Texoma & a real PIA to get down to Kuby's regularly.

OK tell me about Shooting Ranges nearby...I saw Chandler's - which looked good for a 100 yard target typical public range that'd work to do load ladders at & a private club - that looked very good and very difficult to get into with a long waiting list - on Google down around Valley Mills, and the 'smith at my LGS mentioned some place called "Tiger Valley" also in the Valley Mills area but had no more info except the name.

Any 3-500 yard ranges anywhere close say withing an hour + of Clifton??
Good Stuff guys, thanks
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 10/05/15 01:09 PM. Reason: added content

Re: Sulak's Meat Mkt & Deer Processor in Clifton ?? [Re: WileyCoyote] #5962414 10/05/15 09:12 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Second hand info on Chandler's and I've never shot there so take it with a grain of salt. Clean and functional but so strict on the rules it borders on being a PITA.

I think Hicksville Gun Range near Gatesville has a long range setup, although it isn't listed on their website.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide