Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel #5949837 09/28/15 03:25 AM
boonee Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
I just watched 3 shows on this channel. AND I noticed a trend, even if the couples were NOT married. 6 out of 6 times even if the couple were wanting completely different uses. (He wants a fishing boat and she wants a boat for family gatherings.) The women got what they wanted! One of the guys asked the girlfriend who was going to pay for it?
$300 K to $3.8 Million I guess I been married to long... If my wife got all she wanted, she would be living on my insurance $.

Avenger Firearms 214-577-5818
avengerfirearms@gmail.com

Lifetime NRA member
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5949874 09/28/15 03:42 AM
T
TexFlip Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
At work we have Process hands and Mechanical hands. During a turnaround for scheduling and man power purposes they go by P and M. Our Ops manager is a woman; she told us before the last turnaround to not forget who the plant belong to. Process. She said "P runs this plant". The same holds true in life.

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5949886 09/28/15 03:57 AM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yup, it's the "P" for sure. Years ago I was walking toward the lunch room in the office area where I worked. Two good looking girl contract admins were walking toward me. They were laughing and having a great old time. I knew them both and asked what was so funny. The taller one (real hot) said that "it's Friday and the boyfriend is already off work and at my place and wondering if he's gonna get lucky tonight". And with that they both died laughing again. I said you gotta tell me what's so funny, and she said "I already know". And they died laughing again and walked on down the hall.

I think that was the first time that I really understood how some things worked.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5949925 09/28/15 04:42 AM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Well said

Big Beckett!!
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950008 09/28/15 11:55 AM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
ahh true love...

[video:youtube]VXYMmZ5KjJI[/video]

"there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don't all bring you lasagna at work" - Silent Bob
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950015 09/28/15 12:07 PM
10ring Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Women; at least half the money and all the ______.

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950016 09/28/15 12:08 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
I have seen way too many men who let the female call the shots in the relationship.

I have seen them ask for permission to go fishing or hunting, I am amazed when I see when the man turns over the family bank accounts and paying bills to the female.

I do understand that family court is biased toward the female.

It is the Mans role in the relationship to make all the major decisions, and it is the females role to support his decision.......

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: RedRanger] #5950057 09/28/15 12:53 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
decoy
decoy
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
I have seen way too many men who let the female call the shots in the relationship.

I have seen them ask for permission to go fishing or hunting, I am amazed when I see when the man turns over the family bank accounts and paying bills to the female.

It is the Mans role in the relationship to make all the major decisions, and it is the females role to support his decision.......

Interesting, so what happens if something happens to you and your wife is clueless about ya'lls finances or clueless on finances in general. Marriage is a joint effort.

My wife is in charge of finances but we still review them every month. We make major decisions together.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: RedRanger] #5950075 09/28/15 01:15 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Red Ranger nailed it. A friend lived in his neighbor hood. The friend was walking his dog by Red Ranger's house. He heard Red Ranger hollering, "if I want to go out drinking, I'll go out drinking. If I want to go hunting on your birthday, I'll go out hunting on your birthday. If I want to buy a nre fishing boat, I'll buy a new fishing boat. And, if I want o come out from under this bed, I'll come out from under this bed."

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: bill oxner] #5950085 09/28/15 01:19 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: bill oxner

Red Ranger nailed it. A friend lived in his neighbor hood. The friend was walking his dog by Red Ranger's house. He heard Red Ranger hollering, "if I want to go out drinking, I'll go out drinking. If I want to go hunting on your birthday, I'll go out hunting on your birthday. If I want to buy a nre fishing boat, I'll buy a new fishing boat. And, if I want o come out from under this bed, I'll come out from under this bed."

good one Bill roflmao

Baylor Bears 2022 Sugar Bowl Champions
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950121 09/28/15 01:45 PM
BuckRage Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5950235 09/28/15 02:46 PM
D
DocHorton Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Interesting, so what happens if something happens to you and your wife is clueless about ya'lls finances or clueless on finances in general. Marriage is a joint effort.

My wife is in charge of finances but we still review them every month. We make major decisions together.

I have to agree with Red Ranger here. I find it strange how in some relationships the woman runs everything. In my house I have final say on everything, and my wife supports that. Of course I seek her opinions and we usually talk about big decisions, but not always, and if I want it, it happens. I have never asked if I can buy something, go hunting, etc. She understands it's the mans job to be the leader of the household and she trusts my judgement so it works well for us.

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950262 09/28/15 03:04 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
decoy
decoy
Paying bills isn't about being the leader of the house hold.

Pretty simply process actually. Paying bills isn't difficult.
I handle 90% of the investments but I still ask her opinion. Once set up those investments are auto pilot. She see's same reports I do and understands them.

We both work but live off one salary. Rest goes to savings and investments.

I'm the bread winner per the numbers but she isn't doing to bad being she is the top sales reps(5 years running) for one the largest outdoor clothing brands in America.
I figured if she could handle 30 plus million a year in sells, I image she can pay bills and be an equal partner in marriage and finances lol. If she wants something she doesn't have to ask me nor do I have to ask her. That's stupid.

We each have a base line. After we meet savings goal for that year. Who cares what each other buys.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950284 09/28/15 03:13 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We always had separate checking accounts. What was hers, was hers, and what was mine, was ours.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950285 09/28/15 03:13 PM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I wouldn't even ask what kind of boat she wanted. I'd just bring it home and show it to her.

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950348 09/28/15 03:37 PM
C
colt.45 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
scratch interesting... Read few of the posts... 30 some odd years ago,got tagether... Kids little we did lots of camping... Got on a lease, wife decided ta bring kids... cheers Were i come from, hunting was family & friends... Lot of women hunted... We got small camper, wife handled the bills. Was her birthday yesterday... cheers First boat i got was a used semi-v, got a used jon boat later, enjoy spending time on OSBR... Kids got older, & little more income,started looking at used bass tracker, more safe for family... Grew up fishing, boats & pontoons... Wife said already got a boat... scratch did just fine with my jon boat, made do, no regrets... Every one wants the latest thing, bigger & better... rofl choot i went from caveman hog hunten ta laser tag, would love ta have NV or Thetmal... My wife & kids didn't have no fancy things, choot i thought had hit big times when made $30,000.00 that one year.. House, 2 vecheles, jon boat, canoe... When got served D papers, guy asked, ya not made at her ? With honesty told him, Nope ... Yagh, cant fix stupid, tis why i'm going broke... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950473 09/28/15 04:35 PM
boonee Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
This wasn't a over thinking thing, just an observation. I have been married over 33 years. My wife is in corporate real estate and deals with millions every month. Our income is not that good! SHE has made 2x what I have made for years. Yes, I'm happy about that! We live way below our means, so we don't have a large, new, big house.
Colt.45: I remember the first year I made $30 k a year, and my house payment was $300/ month. I went out and bought a race car trailer. Anyway, just putting it out for conversation.

Avenger Firearms 214-577-5818
avengerfirearms@gmail.com

Lifetime NRA member
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950539 09/28/15 05:15 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I handled all the bills for twenty five years and one day, just quit and handed her the keys to the kingdom. This was a few years ago, and we're still married, still sleep together, still best friends, and still have a few bucks in the bank.

Letting her handle finances does not endanger your man card.

Do y'all not trust the ladies?

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950547 09/28/15 05:18 PM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
For me, it's not about the finances. It's about being the captain of my boat. The king of my castle.

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5950562 09/28/15 05:24 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

I handle 90% of the investments but I still ask her opinion. Once set up those investments are auto pilot. She see's same reports I do and understands them.

I'm the bread winner per the numbers but she isn't doing to bad being she is the top sales reps(5 years running) for one the largest outdoor clothing brands in America.
I figured if she could handle 30 plus million a year in sells, I image she can pay bills and be an equal partner in marriage and finances lol. If she wants something she doesn't have to ask me nor do I have to ask her. That's stupid.

We each have a base line. After we meet savings goal for that year. Who cares what each other buys.

Took my wife and I a few years to reach this level in our marriage but it has worked great until then. I actually prefer her to pay bills as it makes her feel apart of the process. It has made our marriage stronger.

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: gusick] #5950565 09/28/15 05:27 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: gusick
For me, it's not about the finances. It's about being the captain of my boat. The king of my castle.

As I said, this does NOT endanger your man card.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: boonee] #5950930 09/28/15 08:36 PM
D
DocHorton Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D

I agree, being the leader of the household is about much more than paying the bills and that was exactly my point, I wasn't referring just to finances. I let mine write some of the checks, but she doesn't make any of the major financial decisions and she doesn't care to or need to. She also knows that for every other major family and business decision the final responsibility falls to me and she supports that 100%. I also realize everyone's situation is different, some families need two incomes, some families the wife is better with responsible budgeting, some families the man is selfish or doesn't put the needs of the family above himself, etc.

Congrats on your wife's success, sounds like she contributes quite a bit to your income so you can save and invest. Mine is the CEO of the Social Calendar, President of the Meal Schedule, and General Manager of Mommy Play-Dates. roflmao We have been blessed in that she doesn't have to work so we can save and invest. She retired at 28, Lol.

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: DocHorton] #5951011 09/28/15 09:19 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: DocHorton

I have to agree with Red Ranger here. I find it strange how in some relationships the woman runs everything. In my house I have final say on everything, and my wife supports that. Of course I seek her opinions and we usually talk about big decisions, but not always, and if I want it, it happens. I have never asked if I can buy something, go hunting, etc. She understands it's the mans job to be the leader of the household and she trusts my judgement so it works well for us.

up cheers

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: gusick] #5951013 09/28/15 09:19 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: gusick

Agreed...

Re: Just watched 6 couples buy yachts on AWE channel [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5951019 09/28/15 09:22 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R

You must be younger than me. I am Old School and believe in Man is King of the Castle.

Marriage isn't a joint effort, someone has to take the leadership role, and I took that role.

If something happens to me I would hope she would be able to figure things out.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide