Print Thread
Driven hunts today #5917891 09/08/15 12:59 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
NSPCA - National Council of SPCA's ***BREAKING NEWS*** STOP ALLDAYS MASSACRE On Monday the 7th September hundreds of wild animals will be killed in a mass slaughter as part of a driven hunt in Limpopo on 3 game farms just outside of Alldays. A variety of wild animals including antelope, baboon and warthog will be chased down a specially cleared 2km stretch of land into a wall of gunfire. Foreign hunters, in South Africa for a week of entertainment will be standing on purpose built platforms along the slaughter strip ready to take pot shots at these terrified animals. The animals have no chance of evading the onslaught and the hunters have no way of ensuring a clean shot or a humane death. The animal ‘ targets’ are moving and there is no way to control the species or age of the animals that will be killed. The animals will likely not be used for meat or trophies as their bodies will be riddled with lead. The hunt will last for 1 week and hundreds of animals will be injured and or killed daily. Hundreds of animals will suffer, just to entertain a few individuals. Driven Hunting is not illegal, but it most certainly is unethical and inhumane as a clean shot and certain death cannot be guaranteed. Not killing the animal outright or with a second shot immediately, is certainly a contravention of the Animals Protection Act. Please help up to stop this by appealing to the Limpopo Department of Environmental Affairs to stop this hunt immediately. Please email your concerns politely to MakhubeleSH@Ledet.gov.za or call their office on 015 2907070. Please feel free to visit their offices at 19 Bicard Street, Polokwane or even visit the farm at Braam Farm, 20km on left on gravel Breslau Road D2642 in Alldays. Please like this post to indicate you have contacted them and please share this post widely, the more voices we have the more power we have. Imagine being able to say we stopped the slaughter!!!!!!!!

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918045 09/08/15 02:44 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Sounds like fun. How do I sign up for the hunt?

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918085 09/08/15 03:12 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918088 09/08/15 03:13 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Shooting, killing and injuring animals just for entertainment is BS. It's not even hunting. Anyone that gets off on this kind of stuff is not a hunter.

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918095 09/08/15 03:16 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
what does this have to do with migratory bird hunting?

#sigline
Re: Driven hunts today [Re: #Hayraker] #5918111 09/08/15 03:25 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: #Hayraker
what does this have to do with migratory bird hunting?

Flying migratory monkeys

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918117 09/08/15 03:27 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Not a lot of difference in that and what we do to dove or duck. When you are sitting on a tank that's 50'x50' and "slaughtering" birds, don't give me the fair chase BS we all know what's about to happen, and it's not "fair" to the bird. We stack the odds in our favor and call it hunting. I like hunting and I'll keep doing it no matter what the libs say. It's not "fair" being an animal.

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918130 09/08/15 03:31 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
there "might" be a little bias in that reporting anyway

#sigline
Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918137 09/08/15 03:34 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
If they eat what they shoot I'm all for it. If they eat baboon and warthog have at it. But if they just leave the animals there dead or suffering it's BS to me. JMHO.

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: syncerus] #5918141 09/08/15 03:35 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: syncerus
Sounds like fun. How do I sign up for the hunt?

Why don't you sign up to feed the train of anti-hunting propaganda on some other forum? Any self respecting hunter would not seriously consider this a hunt. If you do really want to sign up for this or support it in anyway you have no business on a hunting forum. If you were just trying to be funny bad joke and shame on you.

True hunters have a respect for all animals dead or alive. The fact that this sort of bloodsport goes on may be known to real hunters as non hunting activity but the truth is the rest of the world will pool this behavior along with any hunting. Hunting along with many other rights are seriously in jeopardy and social media is key ingredient for the antis. Don't feed anti hunting wackos cracking jokes or trying to sound macho online if you have to do it do where it is not written for all to see. It may seem small but retaliation and mockery will not help the situation.

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: #Hayraker] #5918206 09/08/15 04:09 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: #Hayraker
there "might" be a little bias in that reporting anyway

Just a smidge

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918613 09/08/15 08:34 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Do you seriously regard that initial report as accurate?
Have you ever been to Africa? No meat goes to waste there, **ever**. The locals eat food that would gag a hyena. Do you know why? Because they are **hungry**.
This is pseudo-news from the SPCA. Consider the source then reconsider your comments.

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5918659 09/08/15 08:59 PM
E
Esh and Hattie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
How is anything he said inaccurate, regardless of the source?

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: Esh and Hattie] #5918738 09/08/15 09:39 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Esh and Hattie
How is anything he said inaccurate, regardless of the source?

Your question is sincere, so I'll answer you in kind.
This thread began with an uncritical acceptance of a propaganda statement from an organization dedicated to ending hunting. It continued with the uncritical acceptance of the propaganda in a reactive, defensive manner. The defensive response accepted the language and emotional value judgement of the original propaganda piece and gave it credence by accepting the validity of the original value judgment.

Let's look at the original post. It starts with:
Quote:
NSPCA - National Council of SPCA's ***BREAKING NEWS*** STOP ALLDAYS MASSACRE

Really? You can take anything with that lead in seriously? Creditability alarm bells didn't kick off somewhere? The post continues with:
Quote:
On Monday the 7th September hundreds of wild animals will be killed in a mass slaughter as part of a driven hunt in Limpopo on 3 game farms just outside of Alldays.

How does this differ from the dove opener? Change "wild animals" to doves, and the sentence is the same. This is designed to create a strong negative emotional response to hunting. From a factual stand point, it is **garbage**.

Let's continue digging through the garbage:
Quote:
A variety of wild animals including antelope, baboon and warthog will be chased down a specially cleared 2km stretch of land into a wall of gunfire. Foreign hunters, in South Africa for a week of entertainment will be standing on purpose built platforms along the slaughter strip ready to take pot shots at these terrified animals.

Antelope and warthog are legitimate game species. Baboons are well known pests in Africa; shooting them is community service work. Any drive hunt has shooting lanes. They are typically no different than a Texas sendero. We don't know what the property is like. It is, however, highly unlikely that that the property owners clear cut a 2KM square to shoot animals in an open box. We should hold these statements suspect. The term "slaughter strip" speaks for itself: pure, unadulterated anti-hunting propaganda. "Taking pot shots", really? No warning bells going off yet? Foreign hunters, there for a week of "entertainment" will be standing on platforms. Really? You never hunted from a tree stand or tripod? And what about those poor "terrified animals"? This is **sludge**.
Quote:
The animals have no chance of evading the onslaught and the hunters have no way of ensuring a clean shot or a humane death. The animal ‘ targets’ are moving and there is no way to control the species or age of the animals that will be killed. The animals will likely not be used for meat or trophies as their bodies will be riddled with lead. The hunt will last for 1 week and hundreds of animals will be injured and or killed daily. Hundreds of animals will suffer, just to entertain a few individuals. Driven Hunting is not illegal, but it most certainly is unethical and inhumane as a clean shot and certain death cannot be guaranteed.

These statements are more **outright** lies. Look at the Aimpoint driven hunting videos for a definitive rebuttal. The Euros frequently restrict sex, age, etc. on drive hunts. These statements are factually incorrect. My favorite though is
Quote:
The animals will likely not be used for meat or trophies as their bodies will be riddled with lead.
This is such idiocy that I can't believe that I'm actually responding to this. Most of Africa is on the verge of starvation; certainly meat is a rare, rare treat for most of the millions of poor. No meat goes to waste in Africa.

Anyway, this is ridiculous. How can you accept these statements at face value? Some anti dropped bait in the water and you bit.

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5919017 09/09/15 12:41 AM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
sounds fun

Re: Driven hunts today [Re: beaversnipe] #5919178 09/09/15 01:55 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity