Page 1 of 2 1 2
The people getting caught by Game wardens? #5915753 09/06/15 11:43 PM
O
outdoorsmen54 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
O
Do you ever read the Game Warden field notes and wonder if the people they catch is apart of THF? Or the Texas bow hunting forum? Every time I see someone getting busted, I wonder if they are apart of one of these forums.

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5915812 09/07/15 12:38 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
roflmao That's like asking if anybody on here ever miss with there guns. I miss all the time HaHa! mostly running hogs though. Try to follow up with a kill shot or two. I know a real nice game warden and know of some real (cuss words). Heard enough to figure that I don't want to be wear they are. grin

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5915894 09/07/15 01:41 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: outdoorsmen54
Do you ever read the Game Warden field notes and wonder if the people they catch is apart of THF? Or the Texas bow hunting forum? Every time I see someone getting busted, I wonder if they are apart of one of these forums.

why would you think that? Most everyone I have come across here are valid law abiding hunters. I may not agree with their management practices or evaluation of deer but I have never thought folks on this forum are in trouble with GW - again why would you think that?

Last edited by tlk; 09/07/15 01:42 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5915979 09/07/15 02:25 AM
O
outdoorsmen54 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
O
I don't think there is. Everybody on here has answered questions for me and been very nice. But there's also a lot of members on here. Im not saying there is, just have always been curious cause you never know. I mean look at the preachers and teachers on the news for have relations with minors. You just never know.

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: tlk] #5915999 09/07/15 02:33 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: tlk

why would you think that? Most everyone I have come across here are valid law abiding hunters. I may not agree with their management practices or evaluation of deer but I have never thought folks on this forum are in trouble with GW - again why would you think that?

If I'm understanding him correctly, he's not saying he thinks that. He just wonders since there are so many members here.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: tlk] #5916026 09/07/15 02:45 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

Man, after years of looking at some of the posts that have shown up, you can't help but wonder. Majority are like you say though.

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916081 09/07/15 03:12 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Even teetotlers get caught in the liquor store from time to time. Just sayin.

Last edited by TexFlip; 09/07/15 03:12 AM.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916092 09/07/15 03:23 AM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I'm sure there are some. Hell I got a ticket from a warden myself this year.

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916114 09/07/15 03:43 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Like everything else there is always that 5 to 10 percent of the population that believe they are "exempt" from laws and rules if they think nobody is watching.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: tlk] #5916143 09/07/15 04:08 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Alot of great people on both those sites. With that said...
crime stoppers have a lot easier job thanks to social media!! It's funny but sad at the same time. Lots of tickets via social media.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916159 09/07/15 04:22 AM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Everything you read on the Internet is true.. Perfect souls everywere.. Most everyone has got a ticket here and there.. Don't make um a bad person..

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916220 09/07/15 06:52 AM
S
Someone Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I think it has been discussed in the past and there is a pretty good body of circumstantial evidence that poachers especially read these forums as a lurker

put it like this if you have ever seen some of the complete and total morons that happen to get caught after breaking into a home based on some other (fools) facebook post about being out of town or having a bunch of nice new items to steal in their home......well if those idiots can figure out to use the WWW to find houses to break into I am sure others can use a forum like this to find a place to poach or to steal hunting gear and lease items from

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916241 09/07/15 09:26 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
roflmao If it makes you feel better, one time I got invited to go on a dove hunt with my moms boy friend and his friends when I was maybe 11 ? The crappy spot we were in had no dove, but a game warden pulled up and wrote one of the guys a ticket for baiting? I didn't have a clue what was going on and did not get a ticket. Didn't even see any bait. Just sat on a bucket looking into the barren sky. shocked

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916368 09/07/15 01:28 PM
O
outdoorsmen54 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
O
I agree everyone makes mistakes. And I agree they aren't bad people just because of a poor judgement they have made along the way. In no way am I aiming this towards anyone. I just have a curious mind. I know a guy that I use to be pretty good friends with. After he was stopped twice with me in the truck with him by a game warden, I knew something was fishy with him. I quit hanging out with him because I didn't wanna bad reputation with the warden. Sure enough he got caught road hunting with a female minor in the truck (2 years younger then him). He was always a straight A student in school. Was a teachers kid. Had never been in trouble. He made a big mistake.

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916470 09/07/15 02:53 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
I've been stopped and questioned by game wardens quite a few times. I've been given warnings, but never cited for anything. I think a lot of it is being respectful and doing what they asked of me. One of the warnings was for not having my license with me. I forgot my wallet at home and didn't have any identification at all. Most of the times I was stopped was out duck hunting in CA where you are limited to 25 shells at a time. They would count our shells and check for hidden shells on the way out to the blind, then count our ducks and look for hidden ones on our way back. Actually their dog did most of that work. Of the dozens of times I've been stopped, there was only one time where the game warden was out of line, and after reporting him and filing a complaint, he was fired.

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916571 09/07/15 03:57 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
dURN !! eDDIE!! wink

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916604 09/07/15 04:29 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Just a couple or so years ago someone posted a picture of a buck killed in an AR county and it was clearly less that 13" inside spread.
Game Wardens frequent this forum and I believe the guy got in trouble.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: Jimbo] #5916615 09/07/15 04:37 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Just a couple or so years ago someone posted a picture of a buck killed in an AR county and it was clearly less that 13" inside spread.

There are GW registered as members here, one was easy to notice since his name was "Texas Game Warden" grin

I personally would like to see them as active contributors to the forum, at the least from a rules and regs perspective. Even a "Ask the Warden" section would be a neat idea. I can also understand if they just sit back and watch, that is a good tool in any LEO recon.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: Western] #5916721 09/07/15 05:56 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Western
I can also understand if they just sit back and watch, that is a good tool in any LEO recon.

Yep, they use this forum to go fishing you might say!
Pretty effective just staying low and watching, which I am glad that they do!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916835 09/07/15 07:30 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Leave it to a lazy game warden to sit on their lazy (cuss word) and try to bust some one instead of actually using a little more effort like walking, driving, and boating. I like the ones that sit at the boat ramp the best. Just sit there in the comfort of their truck and wait for you to get back. Now that's just plum lazy. up

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5916887 09/07/15 08:24 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
Most everyone I have come across here are valid law abiding hunters.

Most are. Then you read the SSS posts of "Shoot, Shovel, Shutup" and realize some aren't.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: Jimbo] #5917058 09/07/15 10:30 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Then there was that one Timber Rattler... eek2

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: REALKILLER] #5917062 09/07/15 10:32 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
Leave it to a lazy game warden to sit on their lazy (cuss word) and try to bust some one instead of actually using a little more effort like walking, driving, and boating. I like the ones that sit at the boat ramp the best. Just sit there in the comfort of their truck and wait for you to get back. Now that's just plum lazy. up

Sounds like good old fashion police work to me. If you're dumb enough to roll into the ramp with illegal game, then shame on you..

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: TexFlip] #5917066 09/07/15 10:35 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: TexFlip

Then there was that one Timber Rattler... eek2

Oh no, iirc the deer one had the GW/Ranger helping them look for the deer and unable to recover, then it shows up on here and obviously under 13.

Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5917926 09/08/15 01:22 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
eek2 ya a dead poisonous snake is best left just dead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide