Page 1 of 2 1 2
Will others join Whataburger? #5829525 07/13/15 11:51 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
It will be interesting to see how many other businesses take the same action as Whataburger by not allowing customers to carry their firearms in open sight of others.

My point is that if those who choose to open carry forget to pay close attention where open carry is not permitted, they could lose their CHL license if someone files charges against them, correct? Making a mistake and having charges filed against you for carrying a concealed firearm in places where they are not permitted would seem less likely since it would not be obvious that you have one.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5829619 07/13/15 01:08 PM
I
Ihunt Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I
Under the new legislation if you miss seeing a sign the management can then ask you to leave and if you leave it is a class C misdemeanor. If you don't leave then it is a class A.

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5830215 07/13/15 06:53 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I would expect more to follow. And I wonder if other anti-gun businesses that just shrugged off conceal carry will now put up a 3006 sign as well.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5830410 07/13/15 08:54 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I expect there will be some but, this is Texas and I believe that many businesses will relent with time.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Ihunt] #5830471 07/13/15 09:31 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Ihunt
Under the new legislation if you miss seeing a sign the management can then ask you to leave and if you leave it is a class C misdemeanor. If you don't leave then it is a class A.

Could either result in loss of your CHL?

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5830506 07/13/15 09:52 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Could it.... yes. If I owned a business I would not allow open carry. It really bothers some people. CC ok and welcomed.

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5830551 07/13/15 10:16 PM
R
red bluff Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Does anyone know if the new open carry signs will apply to LO's or not.

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5830686 07/13/15 11:33 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
if Oregon restaurants can handle it I bet texas can

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5831196 07/14/15 12:26 PM
I
Ihunt Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
Originally Posted By: Ihunt

Could either result in loss of your CHL?

I believe the class A would result in the loss of license.

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: red bluff] #5831295 07/14/15 01:48 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: red bluff
Does anyone know if the new open carry signs will apply to LO's or not.

I assume you meant LEO (Law Enforcement Officer). If so, no, it does not apply.

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5832810 07/15/15 02:35 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm all about freedom and lack of govrrnment intrusion. The state passed open carry, great. A business has the freedom to not allow it, and I can live with it. Now if a business chosses to not allow concealed carry I have the freedom to not give them my business.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5832898 07/15/15 04:04 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Gee..so all of a sudden a private business has the right to agree or disagree with lawful activity? They will refuse service to me and I can actually be charged with a misdemeanor for a legal activity? If this is allowed why are there businesses being sued into bankruptcy for refusing to bake gay wedding cakes? Could I also sue Whataburger if they refuse to serve me for openly carrying? Or are there different layers of discrimination? Some apply, some don't. I don't see how that part of the law was even allowed to be written, allowing businesses the right of exclusion. Try that with ANYTHING else and see how far it goes. "Oh, you have a nose-ring? We don't serve your type here, it makes our employees nervous."

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Slow Drifter] #5832969 07/15/15 05:02 PM
P
Pointer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
If this is allowed why are there businesses being sued into bankruptcy for refusing to bake gay wedding cakes? Could I also sue Whataburger if they refuse to serve me for openly carrying?

This is America. You have the right to sue anyone, anytime, for anything. Go for it!

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Slow Drifter] #5833366 07/15/15 10:31 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Gee..so all of a sudden a private business has the right to agree or disagree with lawful activity? They will refuse service to me and I can actually be charged with a misdemeanor for a legal activity? If this is allowed why are there businesses being sued into bankruptcy for refusing to bake gay wedding cakes? Could I also sue Whataburger if they refuse to serve me for openly carrying? Or are there different layers of discrimination? Some apply, some don't. I don't see how that part of the law was even allowed to be written, allowing businesses the right of exclusion. Try that with ANYTHING else and see how far it goes. "Oh, you have a nose-ring? We don't serve your type here, it makes our employees nervous."

Whataburger refusing to serve you for openly carrying a firearm is no more discrimination that refusing to serve you for not wearing a shirt or shoes.

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Slow Drifter] #5833744 07/16/15 03:53 AM
B
bucksnbass357 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

up up

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: cyphertext] #5833944 07/16/15 12:33 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: cyphertext

Whataburger refusing to serve you for openly carrying a firearm is no more discrimination that refusing to serve you for not wearing a shirt or shoes.

Completely different. No shirt/shoes is a health issue.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Slow Drifter] #5834440 07/16/15 05:33 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: cyphertext

Completely different. No shirt/shoes is a health issue.

Yeah its as big a health issue as no gloves, no hair net, and no face mask. rolleyes

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5835088 07/16/15 11:31 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
You bet, my shoes will not track in as many germs as my bare feet will. LOL.

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Old Rabbit] #5836459 07/17/15 09:54 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Old Rabbit
You bet, my shoes will not track in as many germs as my bare feet will. LOL.

I wouldn't be so worried about the tracking is as the picking up.

A. Einstein

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Texas Dan] #5836596 07/18/15 12:26 AM
D
DHJenkins Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
If you can pay attention to traffic signs while you drive, you should have no problem paying attention to 30.0X signs while you carry, especially since it's always been a legal requirement to do so.

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: DHJenkins] #5837093 07/18/15 01:37 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
No 30.06 sign at Whataburger. Concealed carry's fine, they're just saying they won't serve openly carrying customers.

A. Einstein

Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Slow Drifter] #5838285 07/19/15 03:38 PM
W
whistler Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
No 30.06 sign at Whataburger. Concealed carry's fine, they're just saying they won't serve openly carrying customers.

Do you really think that the workers are not going to serve someone who is openly carrying a firearm. slinger
The corporate is not in the real world. The workers will either not see the firearm or will be intimidated by it.

we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: whistler] #5838771 07/19/15 11:03 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: whistler

Do you really think that the workers are not going to serve someone who is openly carrying a firearm. slinger
The corporate is not in the real world. The workers will either not see the firearm or will be intimidated by it.

I think this is one of the big problems with open carry, some guys are going to grow a "big set" while packing on their hip. And then think they are going to bully their way into any situation. IMO

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: Simple Searcher] #5838973 07/20/15 02:09 AM
W
whistler Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W

I think this is one of the big problems with open carry, some guys are going to grow a "big set" while packing on their hip. And then think they are going to bully their way into any situation. IMO [/quote]

Why has that not happen in the other states that open carry. I just got back from a 3 month stay in Idaho and I saw several people open carry while I was there. It was no big deal no one seemed to care.

we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Re: Will others join Whataburger? [Re: J.G.] #5839150 07/20/15 07:09 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
I'm all about freedom and lack of govrrnment intrusion. The state passed open carry, great. A business has the freedom to not allow it, and I can live with it. Now if a business chosses to not allow concealed carry I have the freedom to not give them my business.

This. cheers

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide