Forums46
Topics537,715
Posts9,728,101
Members87,036
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5799009 06/21/15 06:24 PM
P
Pigsicles Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
P
Just 2 more weeks? violin

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: Pigsicles] #5799018 06/21/15 06:37 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I was going to suggest that everyone who has installed and run .288 share their problems with everyone so that we can build a "profile" of the issues. Then, as each new level of firmware is released, we can compare notes to see where we've made progress, where we've not moved off Top Dead Center, and where we may have experienced a degradation in performance. But, I guess given the current state of affairs with .288, that's not a workable plan. Possibly we can do something like that if ATN re-releases .288, or the next generation, whatever it is numbered.

Last edited by mikei; 06/21/15 06:38 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5799196 06/21/15 09:05 PM
M
MetroCat07 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
It's amazing that they are still selling this thing. The target audience, no pun intended is obviously tech savvy so you would think consumers would do a bit of homework, 62% negative reviews on Amazon.com and an average of 2.5 stars on Opticsplanet.com - 20 minutes on google would show anyone that this thing is a huge disappointment that is far from ready for the market. I don't know about the rest of you but that magic moment at 1 or 2 in the morning out in the woods is a culmination of a lot of time, money and preparation that I am not willing to trust a piece of junk like the ATN X Sight on. I did my homework, and I hope this post is part of someone else's.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: MetroCat07] #5799246 06/21/15 09:45 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: MetroCat07
It's amazing that they are still selling this thing. The target audience, no pun intended is obviously tech savvy so you would think consumers would do a bit of homework, 62% negative reviews on Amazon.com and an average of 2.5 stars on Opticsplanet.com - 20 minutes on google would show anyone that this thing is a huge disappointment that is far from ready for the market. I don't know about the rest of you but that magic moment at 1 or 2 in the morning out in the woods is a culmination of a lot of time, money and preparation that I am not willing to trust a piece of junk like the ATN X Sight on. I did my homework, and I hope this post is part of someone else's.

Well a lot of us pre- ordered it a year before the product was released when ATN was a trusted brand in night vision.

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5799480 06/22/15 12:45 AM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Somebody notify the Attorney General !!!!!

troll

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5799489 06/22/15 12:50 AM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
So...I guess we'll see everyone back over at the .266 thread then?

I don't know what else needs to happen to prove that the current course isn't working. If I was early to the game, I apologize, but if there was ever a time to start turning the screws until DRAMATIC fixes or refunds happen, it is now.

There are two groups represented in these threads: one is the American consumer, who is protected from companies and products that don't match their advertized capabilities, and the other has a vested interest in protecting a company that periodically provides free demo units and purchased ad space in exchange for fluffy reviews. What side of that line do the majority of the members of this board land on?

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5799673 06/22/15 02:43 AM
S
shoots100 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I had a beeper, pager, flip , slide, I phone (name your version)+ i pad , blackberry, android (3,5,6S) and now a 10 is coming out. All in the last decade.
I don't want to add up what I spent on phones over the years, but I don't see anyone calling the Attorney general about it.
Every time I paid for the improvements as the technology advanced.
ATN is obviously having issues and if you don't want to wait for the fix, get rid of it.
Took my 5X out this afternoon and the video quality is amazing.
Took it out tonight in a field test with my father in law, for part of his fathers day gift.
It was a bit buggy and I forget my therma cell, but he was a trooper.
We Spotted 3 deer + a raccoon at 200 yards with my T20 illuminator, with no problem.
I set the 50 yard X&Y coordinates for my recluse and we did some shooting at targets.
There is some reticle shift, but was dead on at 50 yards on 5 - 7.5x magnification.
Almost one ragged hole with 5 shots of 115 grain HP's.
We left before we needed blood transfusions.
I'm holding off on my 3X purchase since ATN has pulled the 288.
While I don't have any problems with my 5X, there has to be a reason for ATN's actions.
Maybe an ATN rep will chime in and let us know whats happening ????

Last edited by shoots100; 06/22/15 02:54 AM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5799704 06/22/15 02:55 AM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
shoots100, I fear that because of the vicious, personal attacks by some members of the Forum, upon ATN's rep, the company in general, and any member who had anything positive to say about the product, ATN won't be making any more appearances here. We're on our own, and will be at the mercy of ATN's email notifications for any and all information about the X-Sights that will be forthcoming. There's a difference between being right and being dead right, and some of our folks haven't figured it out. . .

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5799751 06/22/15 03:23 AM
S
shoots100 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I fear your right, they have my E mail.
I would be happy If they gave up totally on trying to perfect the "fish finder" options their still advertising and produced a basic scope that records and works.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5799791 06/22/15 04:02 AM
M
MetroCat07 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted By: cyberpyrot
Originally Posted By: MetroCat07

Well a lot of us pre- ordered it a year before the product was released when ATN was a trusted brand in night vision.

I am not attacking anyone here in any way, I am merely stating that I don't understand why they are still selling it as a working product with it's features that some of, are infested with bugs. I was very excited when I first saw the ATN video but was skeptical and did the research which led me here to a forum I was already a member of. I am now a proud new owner of a Sightmark Photon.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: shoots100] #5799880 06/22/15 10:56 AM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: shoots100
I had a beeper, pager, flip , slide, I phone (name your version)+ i pad , blackberry, android (3,5,6S) and now a 10 is coming out. All in the last decade.
I don't want to add up what I spent on phones over the years, but I don't see anyone calling the Attorney general about it.
Every time I paid for the improvements as the technology advanced.
ATN is obviously having issues and if you don't want to wait for the fix, get rid of it.
Took my 5X out this afternoon and the video quality is amazing.
Took it out tonight in a field test with my father in law, for part of his fathers day gift.
It was a bit buggy and I forget my therma cell, but he was a trooper.
We Spotted 3 deer + a raccoon at 200 yards with my T20 illuminator, with no problem.
I set the 50 yard X&Y coordinates for my recluse and we did some shooting at targets.
There is some reticle shift, but was dead on at 50 yards on 5 - 7.5x magnification.
Almost one ragged hole with 5 shots of 115 grain HP's.
We left before we needed blood transfusions.
I'm holding off on my 3X purchase since ATN has pulled the 288.
While I don't have any problems with my 5X, there has to be a reason for ATN's actions.
Maybe an ATN rep will chime in and let us know whats happening ????

The main difference here (to me and probably most) is that the manufacturers of these devices likely shipped devices that were both without hardware issues, and fulfilled their claimed capabilities out of the box. When they don't, you return them. In the case of the X-SiGHT, we have the manufacturer saying "Please hold off on that until the next update...due in a couple of days." 2-3 weeks pass. Return policies expire. The update introduces as many problems as it fixes, and who ya gonna call?

Mine was shipped in late December last year, so it is well within its warranty period. However, when .266 was posted, I attempted to cash in on a promise made by a company rep that they would "take care of me" if THAT update didn't solve all the problems I was reporting...and like others have reported, the line went dead. Leading up to that mythological .288 update, I tried again, and was told, BY COMPANY REPRESENTATION, that ATN "would not help me"...word for word.

If you haven't attempted to return an X-SiGHT after your distributor's return policy has expired, you don't really have a dog in that fight. Like someone mentioned earlier, maybe there should be a separate board for people to discuss that particular issue, but honestly I have no idea what gets deleted around here any more. I do know, for what it's worth, I have seen ATN ads at THF, but I am not sure if they are a site avertizer, or if it has more to do with cookies on my web browser.

To summarize, I should have sold this lump to shoots100 two months ago. The X-SiGHT is able to be bought now several places for $100-$125 below MSRP, and there's a reason for that. The longer this thing goes without a real, efficient, quality fix, the lower I think you'll see those prices drifting, right up to the point that resellers are dropping the line because their margins are to low to stock them and keep them moving out the door.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5799941 06/22/15 12:24 PM
T
TomH FW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I took my 5x out Saturday night. NO idea what it was supposed to fix, but NOT particularly impressed with .288. Interestingly, at one point after I snapped a still pic, just to see if that feature was working, the light gathering, and my ability to see, was truly amazing, for about 3 minutes. However, then it went back to its old self, adjusting the exposure down to minimums. Sure do wish they could sort this out. I would really like to buy a 3x just to use as a spotting scope, but I refuse, as a matter of principal, to give ATN any more of my money when they will not even talk to us.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: mikei] #5800241 06/22/15 04:19 PM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: mikei
shoots100, I fear that because of the vicious, personal attacks by some members of the Forum, upon ATN's rep, the company in general, and any member who had anything positive to say about the product, ATN won't be making any more appearances here. We're on our own, and will be at the mercy of ATN's email notifications for any and all information about the X-Sights that will be forthcoming. There's a difference between being right and being dead right, and some of our folks haven't figured it out. . .

would you care to explain how the truth is a "vicious personal attack"?

I can document everything I have posted on here and do it in spades.

for one, atn email to me after asking for a refund from them due to being out of cabelas time frame and sachals leading everyone on with missed update promises.

Good morning Mr. Scott,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the ATN X-Sight.

As with all transactions from dealers, any refund will need to be processed by them.

--
Jason Reagan
Customer Service
American Technologies Network, Corp.
1341 San Mateo Avenue │ South San Francisco, CA 94080
Direct: (650) 989-5119
Main: (800) 910-2862 x119│ Fax: (650) 875-0129
jreagan@atncorp.com │ http://www.atncorp.com

I purchased a 5-18 xsight on feb. 11th from cabelas and am asking atn for a full refund of my purchase pr! ice due to failure to fix problems with the scope in a timely manner. this is a copy of my paid invoice from cabelas. Thank You For Your Order Order Number: 228503492 Order Status: Shipped Order Date: 02/11/2015 Shipping Info: Package 1Z6E875A0150144814 (View Tracking Information) Order Summary Order Date:02/11/2015 Order Number:228503492 Merchandise Total:$699.00 Shipping and Handling Charges: $42.95 Taxes:$50.08 Order Total: $792.03 Payment Information Payment Method Visa:************8005 Amount Authorized:$792.03 due to the failure of atn to deliver a product that performs as advertised I feel it is now your responsibility due to my 90 day window for returning has lapsed while I have been waiting on updates to fix the scope. I look forward to your response, thank you.

I do not know about you but I have hunters to take care of and this was purchased, after emailing sachal more than once and being told the bugs would be fixed "very soon", to video their hunts, offer to someone that may not have nv and I for one do not have 800.00 laying around to toss in the krapper.

I think you need to rethink your definition of vicious personal attack, just sayin

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: hopalong] #5800271 06/22/15 04:44 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: hopalong
Originally Posted By: mikei

would you care to explain how the truth is a "vicious personal attack"?

I can document everything I have posted on here and do it in spades.

for one, atn email to me after asking for a refund from them due to being out of cabelas time frame and sachals leading everyone on with missed update promises.

Good morning Mr. Scott,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the ATN X-Sight.

As with all transactions from dealers, any refund will need to be processed by them.

--
Jason Reagan
Customer Service
American Technologies Network, Corp.
1341 San Mateo Avenue │ South San Francisco, CA 94080
Direct: (650) 989-5119
Main: (800) 910-2862 x119│ Fax: (650) 875-0129
jreagan@atncorp.com │ http://www.atncorp.com

I purchased a 5-18 xsight on feb. 11th from cabelas and am asking atn for a full refund of my purchase pr! ice due to failure to fix problems with the scope in a timely manner. this is a copy of my paid invoice from cabelas. Thank You For Your Order Order Number: 228503492 Order Status: Shipped Order Date: 02/11/2015 Shipping Info: Package 1Z6E875A0150144814 (View Tracking Information) Order Summary Order Date:02/11/2015 Order Number:228503492 Merchandise Total:$699.00 Shipping and Handling Charges: $42.95 Taxes:$50.08 Order Total: $792.03 Payment Information Payment Method Visa:************8005 Amount Authorized:$792.03 due to the failure of atn to deliver a product that performs as advertised I feel it is now your responsibility due to my 90 day window for returning has lapsed while I have been waiting on updates to fix the scope. I look forward to your response, thank you.

I do not know about you but I have hunters to take care of and this was purchased, after emailing sachal more than once and being told the bugs would be fixed "very soon", to video their hunts, offer to someone that may not have nv and I for one do not have 800.00 laying around to toss in the krapper.

I think you need to rethink your definition of vicious personal attack, just sayin

I read in the other thread that the Cabelas in Allen TX honored a refund on your X-Sight so I would think that you are all good from here on out.

Sure it was like snatching a pork chop out of a lions mouth and kuddos for being persistent and well documented BUT this is where I get lost (confounded).

You come today to the firmware post and debate the opinion of another member and then give the nickels worth to all of how you were wronged and mishandled...

Your square, you got repaired by the vendor (monetarily) - THIS THREAD shouldn't be the platform for you to rehash how you were handled by ATN or its rep.

BTW - Kuddos to cabelas in Allen

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800296 06/22/15 05:15 PM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
htxh, while I have finally been able to get my money back it still does not negate the fact that atn screwed me, screwed others and continues to advertise a product that will not work as promised. I realize you have a vested interest in maintaining your ability to maintain beta tester status with whatever co. is sending you scopes to test I do not have that luxury nor do the majority on here.

yes I could just go away and keep quiet but the reality of this whole debacle is that atn has continued to tell people an update is coming in a couple of days and yet it takes 2-3 weeks, they will not respond to emails nor will they be honest with what the xsights problems are.
I can not fathom anyone maintaining a business relationship with a company that acts like atn and simply giving the other side of the story with no sugar coating.
my response above was to point out that what some of you on here perceive as "vicious attacks" are simply the truth and facts of what has transpired in my dealings with a co. that apparently does not care what its customers think.

I will stay off your precious atn threads now as I feel I have put up the facts and given the other side of this debacle.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800309 06/22/15 05:26 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Ha - you and so many others have got me figured out, really it is uncanny how you all know what I have a vested interest in and time and time again you and others place me in camp with whatever side is opposed to your endless complaints.

Dig this, I am not happy with my X-sight , I haven't hunted with it or tested it for over a month. It sits in a box until the firmware is stable.

All I've asked, for about a year, is that a separate thread be opened to discuss your qualms, I censor nobody and do not ask that people be quiet or hush about problems but when a thread is opened for a specific topic and I have to read or reread for the 30th time about your problem it sucks and it's a huge waste of time.

Your older than me so I won't pretend to give you any lessons and thanks again for reminding me to cash those big royality checks and to clean all the free gear I have laying around - so much to do so little time...

Last edited by HuntTXhogs; 06/22/15 05:28 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800331 06/22/15 05:41 PM
M
MetroCat07 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
HTHX, the more negative threads about this brick the better. ATN has earned every one of them.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800345 06/22/15 05:59 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Obviously I agree to disagree, it is called tact and diplomacy and whereas it may not have been given by the company to its consumers I CHOOSE to uphold the principles when engaging my fellow Man in "friendly discussion" in these forums.

The mantra of Texas Hunting Forum is to have a laid back environment to ENJOY in your time sharing with others.

I don't feel like we are doing our very best to do it and so I speak up about it.

Call me what you like, but that is and always has been my vested interest.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800349 06/22/15 06:04 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Guys/gals, I think it is safe to say everyone that visits these x-sight threads has "some kind" of "skin in the game" so let's keep it civil and not start another atn bashing thread hijack.

Let's keep this thread about the .288 update. If you want to rehash the bash, let's start another thread up

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800357 06/22/15 06:11 PM
M
MetroCat07 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
My reference of negative threads about the ATN X Sight is not a personal attack on the members of this forum. What is so hard to understand about that?

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800372 06/22/15 06:20 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Do you know why this emoticon exists

offtopic

When you have fellow forum members respectfully asking you to post negative (deservedly so) comments in other threads (designated for) it would be the respectable thing to do, so that we can get

back

Last edited by HuntTXhogs; 06/22/15 06:22 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5800375 06/22/15 06:24 PM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Do you know why this emoticon exists

offtopic

When you have fellow forum members respectfully asking you to post negative (deservedly so) comments in other threads (designated for) it would be the respectable thing to do, so that we can get

back

banana up

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800393 06/22/15 06:44 PM
M
MetroCat07 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

Last edited by MetroCat07; 06/22/15 06:44 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: MoShootr] #5800399 06/22/15 06:47 PM
M
MoShootr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted By: MoShootr
Also, let's try to keep the subject of this thread about the firmware - not complaints and demands for money back. That's a subject for another thread. Thanks smile

Amazing. I predicted exactly this off-topic crap, and asked people specifically NOT to do it. There were other threads for that. Aaaand people ignored it, did it anyway, and gave me crap for it, to boot. Makes a person not want to come here...but I'll give it another chance. Seems at this point more active moderation might be useful for any more ATN threads, just to keep things from becoming redundant.
PS - Big thanks to the forum mods, I know it's a thankless job. Hang in there.

ON topic:
I haven't had time to load .288 on mine and test it out. Did download it tho, so I may still give it a try.
To compile what's been said - seems some people's flicker is reduced, and NV performance has 'returned' to early-firmware-version levels.

Can anyone corroborate this? Thx.

"Being Right, and being Reasonable, are not automatically synonymous." - Me
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.06.288) firmware update [Re: cyberpyrot] #5800402 06/22/15 06:50 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Also I'd like to point out the image of the old timer in the upper left of your screen incorporated within the logo of the THF.

Again akin to the laid back nature of THF established well before you and the other persistent naggers arrival.

He doesn't strike me as the type to sit on a stump and puff away on his corn cob pipe and pass the day away listening to your problems, nor do I.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide