Forums46
Topics537,993
Posts9,731,513
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 26 of 45 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 44 45
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MoShootr] #5611107 02/21/15 05:02 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Thank you for the usable feedback without all the whining and tampon swinging this topic seems to always turn to.

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: CharlieCTx] #5611125 02/21/15 05:11 AM
M
MoShootr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
Thank you for the usable feedback without all the whining and tampon swinging this topic seems to always turn to.

Charlie

You are welcome. I will provide all the info I can, as objectively as I can. I'll post more when I have more info to post, but until then, if someone has a question or something they want to know, I'll be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

"Being Right, and being Reasonable, are not automatically synonymous." - Me
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5611139 02/21/15 05:18 AM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I was going to thank you for rehashing the whole thread in one post. Looks like someone beat me to it.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5611150 02/21/15 05:27 AM
M
MoShootr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
You are welcome, too. I fully understand some people are not burdened with an overabundance of patience, so I'm glad I could help.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MoShootr] #5611265 02/21/15 01:06 PM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted By: MoShootr
Originally Posted By: s6275
Shoots100? MoShootr? Where ma' homies at?

smirk

Like Shots100, I've been testing my 3-12x scope! Oh, and working, because you know... bills need paid and all that.

I have not yet had the opportunity to shoot with it yet. The weather here in the bullseye of the continent has not been in any way conducive to shooting, and it's going to be a while before I can mount it up and try it out. My setup is going to be a bit odd/awkward, and I need a pretty tall cheek riser to make it work with my intended setup (M1 Carbine, Chaote 5-Position AR-style Stock, with a 7" cantilever see-through rail mounted to an Ultimak M6-B scout rail. Hard to explain, i'll post a pic once it's mounted & sighted in.)

I should also make this statement, for anyone considering buying an X-Sight: CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL CONSERVATION DEPARTMENT OR HUNTING AUTHORITY BEFORE BUYING THIS SCOPE!
Here in Missouri, it is illegal to "Spotlight" hunt for game, after sundown. They have statutorily classified the use of both Passive and Active Night Vision devices as Spotlighting. Before I purchased this scope, I checked with the MO Dept of Conservation, which administrates this area of MO law, and received in writing that as long as I am not actively Hunting (IE: for use of pest control in defense of property or livestock, or other recreational use) it is legal to use this new scope. However, I had to dig, and even in reading the law itself, the classification of this scope was not clear at all. Laws have not caught up with this type of technology yet, so be sure you know the law, before you hunt!

All that said... Here is what I have to report, so far.

What it came with:
- Scope (Manual Focus model)
- Carry Case (Padded nylon w/ shoulder strap)
- IR Illuminator
- Metal Sunshade
- Nylon Sunshade+IR Illum pouch
- Manual

What it did not come with.
- AA batteries
- CR123A batteries
- SD Card

You will need to pick these up separately. Luckily, I had them ready to go, or readily acquired.

Mine happens to be a Red-Button model.

Construction: All aluminum, including the sunshade, Illuminator body, and battery cap. The only plastic on this entire thing, is the buttons, and the focus ring for the Illuminator. Rubber eye cup. Very sturdy, it's built like a tank. Heavy like one too, as others have said. I'm pretty sure I could beat someone to death with it.

It came with the .173 firmware. Button/function tests all checked out with this firmware. I did not play with it much.

I formatted a 32GB microSD card in FAT32, loaded the .228 .bin file on it.

The manual is extremely vague and lacking detail. As a tech support professional, I can say this was written by someone NOT in tech support. The instructions are not nearly detailed enough for the "common man". Luckily, they included a separate Firmware Update insert that gives good instructions on the update process. It worked first time through, once I actually RTFM'd, and did what it said (powercycled the scope via battery cap, once the update display settled on 100% complete.)

One thing it did NOT tell you to do though, and you MUST do this, is remove the SD card after the update, and delete the .BIN on it. Otherwise it'll keep trying to update on bootup.

I then decided to do something I did NOT see anyone else do yet. I connected the scope to my PC using a USB cable. This worked fine, and the PC recognized the scope when choosing "Mass Storage Device" in windows. It shows up like any other SD card storage, and you can browse the card with it still inserted into the scope.
NOTE: Once the PC and Scope are connected via USB, the scope's display will turn Blue, and tell you that USB is connected. You CANNOT use the scope, while connected to a PC using USB.

I would like to request ATN find a way to alter this in a later firmware version, so that it can.

Once .228 was installed, I went to work testing the scope around the house.
Now, how did the scope itself work?

1. Image quality is fantastic. Focus works exactly like it should. Images are very crisp and clear. Display is VERY bright, I run it on the lowest setting. You will have to adjust as you shift ranges to target. I noticed that if you shift your range more than about 10 ft nearer or further, you will need to adjust focus. I don't see anything wrong with this, it seems normal to me. Focusing manually works fine, between ALL magnification ranges.

There are only 2 Resolution settings for the main sensor. 1080p @ 30 FPS, and 720p @ 60 FPS. They do NOT have the same Field of View. The 720p setting appears to be "Zoomed In" at about 2x, on the scope's display, even though it reads as 1.0x on the Digital Zoom. It is a significantly smoother picture during motion. Just be aware that FoV or "equivalent Zoom" DOES change if you change the Resolution of the image capture. It's basically like putting a doubler lens on the scope.

Another thing to be aware of... During fast movements, you will notice that the image will "Lean" left or right, as if the bottom of the image is being dragged behind the top. This is most noticeable in 1080p resolution. At 720p, it mostly disappears, for any practical movement. If you intend to track faster-moving targets, you may prefer the 720p settings, but for more static precision work, you'll do better with 1080p.

2. Digital zoom works as expected. "Normal" digital zoom gives you 1.0x - 4.0X Digital zoom. Changing this to the "Extended" option gives you 1.0x - 10.0x (which translates to 3x - 30x). This zoom works quite smoothly, and gives you a very clear graphic as you zoom in and out, which represents your field of view narrowing and widening. It's easy to tell where you are, as you zoom.

3. Digital compass worked immediately, and correctly. I turned it off after a bit, but it seemed to work just fine in my limited test.

4. PASSIVE NIGHT VISION - This is my assessment, after testing at varying levels of ambient light (or lack thereof). If you have very good natural night vision (I happen to have excellent night vision, myself), you will find that this scope, by itself, on full "light amplification" setting, offers about the same vision as your natural eyes at night. In other words, it's not going to let you see more than you normally would. This MIGHT change with firmware changes, because I think the image processing firmware could do much better than it currently does. As it stands on .228 -right now-, What it DOES let you do, is digital zoom in and out, from 3x to 30x, and this does allow you to check out things at greater ranges...even though they're dim. It also seems to maintain this ability even at Dawn/Dusk, when ambient light starts to increase, but not enough to use pure daylight. I think those time periods will be this scope's advantage over IIT night vision.

5. ACTIVE NIGHT VISION - Using the IR Illuminator worked very well. I don't yet have an estimate of it's useful range beyond about 30 ft - I've not been able to go outside with it yet, due to work and weather. Since my house has Low-E windows, those windows act like IR Mirrors in Night Mode. You won't be using the IR Illuminator through a window. I don't know why you would do this on a scope with a firearm... but if you do, remember this. Day mode works fine through windows, so long as your IR Illuminator is off. Flicker in Night Mode is still present when setting "Light Amplification" to the "Low" setting. At "Medium" and "High" this flicker disappears.

I'll report more on Night Vision capabilities when the weather around here improves.

6. BATTERY LIFE - I decided to use a set of play Duracell alkaline batteries in my scope first. I figured once they run down, I'll switch to Lithiums. I'm currently sitting on day 3 of playing with the scope (1-3 hours per day of messing with it, as well as powering up and down), and I have yet to use up this first set of Alkaline batteries. I have left the batteries in it since they were installed. There is no battery drain problem with my scope, it seems... much to my relief.

I have kept Wifi, GPS, and Compass turned OFF. I will not be testing these until I am ready to switch to the Lithium batteries. I want to have an idea of how well Alkaline works just using it as a scope, in "field condition".

Another thing, the Lithium batteries are not only better at supplying a steady voltage to the scope throughout their discharge cycle, but they are also noticeably lighter in weight than Alkaline. This will be an added benefit if you use them in this scope, It's already pretty darn heavy, so every little bit helps.

7. MOUNTS AND ALIGNMENT - As far as I can tell, my scope's mount is straight. I tested this with a long straight edge, and it appears to be centered like it's supposed to be. I'll test this further once it's mounted "live" on the rifle.

Now, I DID notice that my IR Illuminator's mount was significantly crooked, causing it to point downward about 1.5º, when mounted on the scope's sight rail. No bueno. There are 2 Phillips screws that secure the Illuminator to the picatinny mount clamp. I took these out, they appear secured by some kind of red loctite substance (I thought it was rust at first), but not enough to prevent removal. Once I removed the mount, I re-mounted it securely against the lip of the mount, and tightened it down. It appears to be aligned properly now, and is within adjustment range of the windage/elevation screw adjustments on the IR Illuminator now.

8. I have NOT tested the interface functionality of HDMI, nor Wifi, and I have not used the smartphone apps with the scope yet. I intend to set up my Asus Windows 8 tablet with BlueStacks android emulator, which I have already confirmed on my PC -CAN- install and run the ATN Obsidian android app. I would have done that tonight before my report, but the tablet's drained and must recharge. I'll let you know how it works out in a couple of days, when I'm done working like a dog.

OVERALL IMPRESSION - So far, I think this scope is fantastic hardware. None of the minor quirks or "hmm, how's this doohicky work" moments seemed in any way insurmountable, and actually were resolved quite quickly. I am cautiously optimistic about the upcoming (albiet later-than-we-would-all-like) firmware update, and look forward to future improvements.

violin
All stuff we already heard

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: s6275] #5611272 02/21/15 01:18 PM
S
shoots100 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: s6275
Wait...are you playing with it, or "testing" it? Shoots100 says mount it on a pellet gun and share how it handles the recoil...otherwise you're just blowing smoke. He also says you need to sell him your 3x. He will name the price. Trust him.

It's a .357 recluse PCP air rifle that has taken deer ,coyote and fox.
Look it up, It should be no problem for a guy with your internet savvy and intellect.
It's perfect for hunting in suburban locations we're they don't allow hunting with powder burners.
I would rather buy "your" broken never mounted battery tested scope, not a scope that was actually field tested, as it might end your constant complaining about issues that've been known from the start in over 80 pages, in 3 threads.
We know you don't like the scope, sell it to me for a fair price and move on.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: shoots100] #5611323 02/21/15 02:14 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
After I get unnecessary root canals on all of my teeth, the X-SiGHT is all yours, pal.

Wow. Cool. Does it come with a compass?

So a 9mm, 95 gr lead pellet traveling at 900 fps isn't presenting any recoil issues with your scope? Huh. smirk Maybe its because, according to this, your rifle is capable of delivering a blistering 204 ft. lb. package of pure hate.

http://www.tresterscustomguns.com/calcnrg.html

For the record, Rocky Marciano's punch was measured at around 950 ft. lbs. For a minute, lets presume you could punch 1/3 as hard as Rocky...still more ft. lbs. than your rifle. Try sneaking up, then punching the deer next time. You should find your kills to be quicker, and more humane.

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/casey/MC_Marciano.htm

The X-SiGHT was "rated" for recoil from bolt-action .308 rifles (3000 ft. lbs. of energy). On those rifles, it has locked up, frozen, and crashed. This is not something you have or will encounter...so you are no help there. I know...you also have a .20 Practical. That only gets you to 1/3 the energy of the .308, where as before, your pellet gun was 1/10...not even in the ballpark to offer helpful feedback to people having recoil-related issues with rifles that are, still according to ATN, within their design spec.

The X-SiGHT for some was just barely able to be zeroed. You said it your self that you are shooting inside of 100 yards...so you are no help there. Same goes for the zoom issues some have encountered. Inside of 100 yards, are you even able to zoom the scope far enough to cause the reticle to move off the screen?

You keep missing the point. How many different ways do I need to say it? After participating in 3 separate 10-page-plus threads, helping others work through loose battery caps and mounts, and hearing about software zero issues on top of that, I am sitting it out for now. If the firmware update next Friday (wink wink) corrects the issues I have determined for myself, I will mount the scope, and become ATN's biggest cheerleader. Where is your confidence that this will happen? Starting to get cold feet?

Those who are skeptical have damn good reason ($500-$700, for starters). You don't (you have it mounted on kit with school girl recoil levels, for starters). We know you don't like people who are skeptical, so just ignore those posts, go back to putting cologne on all the scat you might step in and move on.

What have you posted that has been helpful at all...besides that the scope works when you mount it on top of your deadly toys that you claim are best for use in suburban areas (you must not have kids)? I don't know, so I am asking.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5611378 02/21/15 03:00 PM
H
Hunt'n Free Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
After purchasing my 5x, I signed on to this forum and have read the posts on a daily basis, have used the information gleaned from them, and have experienced every issue addressed by most users running the latest firmware. I was able to zero my scope with x at -58 and y at 80, and it appears to hold zero just fine, but, as with most, the reticle moves off the bottom left quadrant when zooming. Although Whitetail season ended for me on January 31st, thus giving me the opportunity to hog hunt, with Mardi Gras last week I decided to make my first hog hunt next weekend. I write this post simply to thank all of the members who have been testing, evaluating, and reporting on current inherent x-sight issues; I presume we all have one goal, and that is to inform all who read this thread of these issue so they can one day be resolved. Good luck and thanks to all evaluators, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my Saturday hunt will be with a 5x with the new firmware loaded.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5611415 02/21/15 03:29 PM
P
Pigsicles Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
MoShootr

Thank you for your excellent summary. At the point you are at I was feeling the same way.
The problem is this is a scope, not a handheld device. I thought it was fantastic playing with mine around the house and in the neighborhood with a bit of ambient light.

The issues for me came after taking it to the field, mounted and hoping to hunt at night with it and take pics during late evening/early morning.

I have had first hand experience with 3 5x's and 2 new 3x's. My 5x mounted fine (AR-15) and zero'd fine at 50yds (Under 1" group). Changing the magnification changed my zero at 100 yds by over 8"s (Used a lead sled)

The other 2 5x's both had mounting issues where they couldn't even zero them on the reticle. Both have returned them for refunds.

Both of the 3x's I tested (with the owner of the optics company we bought them from) had clarity issues just like what was shown early on in the side by side videos with a 5x. These were newly shipped 3x's with sun shades.
The 3'x I tested mounted and zero'd fine although I had to still shade the scope to reduce light entering it.

The optics company owner's 3x was way off the target at 25 yds, The mount LOOKED straight before we tested it as I was aware of the issues and so we looked it over carefully and checked the tightness of all mounting screws.

This person has been in the optics business all his working life including one of the largest companies in the world. His opinion when we got back to his shop was that there was a huge difference in the 3x and 5x in clarity.
Granted, we may have gotten 2 bad units, but again what does this say about ATN and their Quality Control?

I would suggest you check the supplied IR after a week or so to see if your batteries are drained. 2 of the 3 5x's had this issue for my group. I have since upgraded to the UNV 20IR and the 18650's are not draining by being left in the unit.

I do like my ATN R&D Pro Staff hat they sent me, high quality headwear! grin

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5611604 02/21/15 06:22 PM
M
MoShootr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Pigscicles

I admit I have not been able to test those things yet. This is something that I very much want to do, but I know that I will not have that opportunity to do so, within the 10 day "no questions asked" return policy from my vendor.

That said, I fully understand that this scope is manufactured in China, and there could definitely be problems with QC. There very well could be a higher rate of manufacturing defects. As to whether the cost savings is worth the potential for hassles... that's simply a risk vs reward situation, and every potential customer needs to know how much risk they are willing to accept.

I am supplying information as I gather and obtain it, about my particular unit. If I have problems, I will relay that to everyone. It seems there's this conception that I'm some kind of ATN fanboy. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have no brand loyalty to ANY scope company. This is my first Night Vision device, and I am approaching this from the standpoint of this scope's target market... entry level or first time Night Vision buyers who cannot afford IIT technology in their budget. My focus is if this device will fill that role, or not.

Now, I do hope I don't run into any mount alignment problems. If I do, I will have to put ATN's warranty to the test, and I will relay that experience as well. Good or bad.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5611646 02/21/15 06:59 PM
T
TomH FW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I "zero'd" mine by shimming, to avoid the moving reticle issue. I have the usual "contrast" issues with .228 versus .200, but overall it does let me see at night. I have not yet been able to shoot a pig at night (because I can't find the damn things), but do expect it to work. I wish that ATN would release the next update, to see if we could get past some of these issues. I also wish they would give us a better mount, and that they would provide us beta testers with a free sunshade for our troubles. But, since I am now outside my 30 day return, I will continue to use it as best I can for what it was designed to do.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5612129 02/22/15 02:39 AM
T
TBean69 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Hi everyone,I've had my X-Sight since 21 Jan and have put around 60 RDS thru it. My question is this, has anyone else noticed what appears to be defects or darker spots in the black bezel around the LCD screen when you are looking thru the scope? I have contacted ATN about it and gotten an RMA from them. I just got this thing the way I want it and sighted in. I am supposed to go hog hunting with my brother in two weeks and don'twant to send it in if I don't need to. Has anyone seen this and do I need to worry about it or just hunt. The turnaround time from ATN is around 45 days according to customer service. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5612279 02/22/15 04:11 AM
S
shoots100 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Yeah, the recluse is for pussies and sissies.
Though at 100 yards, It's been proven to be more effective on coyotes than Rocky Marciano's punch.

My offer still stands for your scope, as I'd like to buy a scope that's never been mounted on a rifle.

I did go out hunting this evening, but didn't see anything.
The T20 light was useless in the falling snow on any power level.
Then it started to sleet out, so this [censored] ran home to cuddle with his recluse.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: shoots100] #5612436 02/22/15 12:01 PM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: shoots100
Though at 100 yards, It's been proven to be more effective on coyotes than Rocky Marciano's punch.

My offer still stands for your scope, as I'd like to buy a scope that's never been mounted on a rifle.

Then it started to sleet out, so this [censored] ran home to cuddle with his recluse.

LMFAO, BURNNNNNNN..

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: TBean69] #5612506 02/22/15 02:00 PM
S
Spymoto Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted By: TBean69
Hi everyone,I've had my X-Sight since 21 Jan and have put around 60 RDS thru it. My question is this, has anyone else noticed what appears to be defects or darker spots in the black bezel around the LCD screen when you are looking thru the scope? I have contacted ATN about it and gotten an RMA from them. I just got this thing the way I want it and sighted in. I am supposed to go hog hunting with my brother in two weeks and don'twant to send it in if I don't need to. Has anyone seen this and do I need to worry about it or just hunt. The turnaround time from ATN is around 45 days according to customer service. Thanks in advance for any help.

I noticed this with mine, but it is a dark line down the middle of the image. The dark line is about 1/4 the width of the screen right in the center. You can see it much more when there is a dark background and can hardly see it when using it during the day.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5612551 02/22/15 02:30 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: Shadow357x2
Originally Posted By: shoots100

LMFAO, BURNNNNNNN..

Really? That's what that was? Because...*I* noticed three things:

- that isn't an X-SiGHT he has mounted
- 204 ft. pounds: that hasn't changed, and isn't going to present recoil issues, even in one of those Indonesian airsoft "ACOG"s
- he still won't answer what he has contributed to this board for the greater good, except that he has poor decision making abilities (ie. "I know, lets put a partially working optic on this somewhat-rifle...").

Let me check...nope: I'm good. And also, more bad news (since he clearly didn't read the whole board):

I already mounted my X-SiGHT ( pg. 22 ), so I guess now I CAN'T sell it to him. Sucks to suck, I guess!

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5612578 02/22/15 02:48 PM
M
MoShootr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
The e-Peens are pretty strong here. I never make fun of someone's weapon, unless I'm willing to volunteer to be shot with it. So unless you're gonna do that, move on with something more productive, instead of trolling and goading other forum members with the "Evil Clown" act. It's getting old.

Or better yet, maybe we should all just put our internet egos away, and get back to the point of the thread by providing real substance, without the attitude and sniping.

Last edited by MoShootr; 02/22/15 02:50 PM.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MoShootr] #5612584 02/22/15 02:52 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: MoShootr
The e-Peens are pretty strong here. I never make fun of someone's weapon, unless I'm willing to volunteer to be shot with it. So unless you're gonna do that, move on with something more productive, instead of trolling and goading other forum members with the "Evil Clown" act. It's getting old.

Or better yet, maybe we should all just put our internet egos away, and get back to the point of the thread by providing real substance, without the attitude and sniping.

That is the first thing you have said that I can agree with. Substance. Also, please refrain from posting "reviews" containing "substance" that has already been identified by countless others across 70 pages of message board.

For the board's consideration, I hope that every one, once/ IF Firmware 2.0 comes, members will consider posting on THIS BOARD instead. It is clear that the fragmentation of the two information sources has resulted in the need to sift through not one, but TWO huge message boards in the quest for information. If we can simplify the reporting and sharing on this scope, shouldn't we?

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5612588 02/22/15 02:56 PM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
stir stir

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5612695 02/22/15 04:15 PM
M
MoShootr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Correlation and consistency in reports from multiple owners helps people considering purchasing the item make their decision. The number of reports is not "countless", and as you already pointed out - fragmented. I purposefully included elements from many other reports, so as to confirm if those points did or did not occur with my particular unit. This allows us all to more accurately assess the level of consistency of the product being delivered. This helps those interested in the product decide if it meets their needs and comfort level.

Big picture is big. Obvious things are obvious. One voice (no matter how loud) does not a chorus make.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MoShootr] #5612718 02/22/15 04:28 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
That is the purpose of the BOARD. It is not necessary for you needlessly rehash everything that has already been understood and discussed. EVERYTHING you posted in your "review" was already known. "Substance" indeed.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5612742 02/22/15 04:38 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
So...can we REALLY get back to reports and suggestions that have substance, or only because it was you that asked us to? smirk

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5613039 02/22/15 06:59 PM
B
Beltfed Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Since I posted about my IR850 draining batteries when not in use (less than 2 days). I have an update. I contact ATN by Email and was replied to in about 5 hours from that point on every email was replied to almost instantly. I explained what it was doing and my info that he requested. And within a few hours I have another IR850 on its way. I was truly impressed with my experience with their customer service after hearing some of the criticism on here. We will see if the new one is better and continue to wait for the 2.0 software.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5613132 02/22/15 07:55 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I had a similar experience with my IR. The first one was DOA. The replacement was shipped fast, and they didn't even ask for the dud back. Thumbs up there.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5613186 02/22/15 08:25 PM
T
TomH FW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I am very pleased to report that I successfully nailed 2 raccoons last night at approx 115-120 yds using my sight 5x on my dpms recon .308, with a UNV20ir. I had shimmed to get to zero, and fired at 1x (no zoom). Some .228 "contrast" issues during the night, but overall the scope did what I needed it to do. So, now that I have eliminated 2 of the 3 coons who were stealing the hog bait, maybe now the HOGS will come back around.

Page 26 of 45 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 44 45
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide