Forums46
Topics537,932
Posts9,730,835
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5561285 01/24/15 03:23 AM
T
Txcatman1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Why is that bad on the fur buyer, I take full advantage of every animal killed, do you skin your coyotes? Or do you just dump em in the ditch, how bout coons? Now which one of those sounds better to you, kill a bunch of animals and chunk em in the woods or harvest there fur and make use of the animal that you killed? A picture of harvested fur is a lot different than seeing how the process works, 2 totally different aspects. Fur is a natural, renewable resource that should be harvested.

Texas fur and skull buyer
Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5561438 01/24/15 05:03 AM
daniel1381 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
2015 we dont need to fur to survive anymore.

"From my cold dead hands"

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5561655 01/24/15 01:51 PM
T
Txcatman1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Never said we did I just said I respect the animal enough to skin it and make use of it instead of leavin it lay there. Nobody needs weed but it's starting to become legal now, nobody needs French frys but it's the most consumed food in the united states, what your point? I'm just using what nature has provided to make a living doing something that I love.

Texas fur and skull buyer
Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5561657 01/24/15 01:51 PM
T
Texaswats Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Daniel seems to be one of those 'hunters' (really looks like he just mostly shoots paper) that wants to weaken the fabric of conservation. If you tear down trapping as barbaric and senseless, YOU in fact are living in the dark ages. Where do the otters and wolves come from for relocation programs? How do zoos get a hold of top predators? They trap most of em genius. Not everyone is fur trapping, not everyone is trapping for damage control, but all trappers are a part of the outdoors and its community of rifle, bowhunters, hog doggers and the like. It's just crazy to think some uneducated people find it ok to gut shoot and recover a deer 12 hours later (because no struggling or suffering is SEEN) but yet a coyote being 'cuffed' or held in place by a trap is barbaric.

If you've been a part of trapping for anytime you'd understand your stance in fur buyer pics is that much more laughable. The PETA, animal freedom fighters and extremists have access to alot of trappers pics to choose from fit their propaganda. Let me tell you from experience they want pictures and more important VIDEO of ANIMALS IN TRAPS, and of what could be perceived by a soccer mom as inhumane or cruel. So 'fur buyer' pics and end if the line pics are not that hot of a commodity. It's just not the same type if ammunition.

Last edited by Texaswats; 01/24/15 01:56 PM.
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5561714 01/24/15 02:27 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Hippie, the video was difficult for me to watch, being a dog lover. I've never killed a yote, but I've never seen them be the vicious gnashers I know them to be. Once that happens, the honeymoon is over for them.

I will defend your right to trap and kill them. Count on that.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: Cast] #5562181 01/24/15 08:46 PM
T
Texaswats Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted By: Cast
Hippie, the video was difficult for me to watch, being a dog lover. I've never killed a yote, but I've never seen them be the vicious gnashers I know them to be. Once that happens, the honeymoon is over for them.

I will defend your right to trap and kill them. Count on that.

^yes. Wish all animal/dog lovers could think this way.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: Cast] #5562230 01/24/15 09:33 PM
T
thruxton Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: Cast
I've never seen them be the vicious gnashers I know them to be.

Because they're not. They're scared of people. People are just mad because mother nature is doing what she does, and they're killing their prized deer to survive.

Send these guys to Alaska to see what the real world is like when it comes to this.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: Texaswats] #5562491 01/25/15 01:08 AM
daniel1381 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
really don't shoot a lot of paper unless im load testing.. not sure what your talking about by that comment Texaswats.. you say its barbaric to trap... hmmm wonder how most fur hunters do it?

Benjamin Franklin

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5562998 01/25/15 12:10 PM
T
Texaswats Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
' It's just crazy to think some uneducated people find it ok to gut shoot and recover a deer 12 hours later (because no struggling or suffering is SEEN) but yet a coyote being 'cuffed' or held in place by a trap is barbaric.'

^^^Since Daniel had a hard time interpreting this statement...

TRAPPING IS OUTSMARTING AN ANIMAL ON PURPOSE. IT REQUIRES MUCH MORE SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, AND PATIENCE THAN DEER HUNTING.

Don't know how else to spell it out for you Daniel.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5564469 01/26/15 03:36 AM
daniel1381 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Lmao... amazing

Benjamin Franklin

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5568542 01/28/15 05:25 AM
J
Javelin225ho Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
That's a great video…i trap quite a bit, but the pan tension issue is something i haven't had time to deal with this year. I have had many sets worked and traps fired, but nothing in the set when i roll around. Trapping is the only way to get fur on a grand scale. It provides you an avenue to cover tons of ground while you sleep. I skin everything i catch. Not only does it give me an avenue to extend my season for being in the outdoors, it gives me a way to keep the coons out of my feeders all year, because i take as many as i can get. I meet land owners, help them with their animal problems and establish relationships. The fur handling is bonus for me as I can mess around and try to make some stuff, teach my kids about the animals as well as make some money from the fur buyer. As for traps, I run a lot of snares as well as everything from Dogproof Coon traps, 180-330 conibears as well as the double coils shown in the video. For you haters, please understand, in the double coil spring trap, any undesirable animal caught in the trap can be released with zero….and for those that are ignorant to trapping, i mean ZERO foot damage. So, the haters can go back in their giant deer blinds over their feeders and 'hunt'…..

Coons, Bobcats, Cougars, Opossum, Skunks, Fox, Yotes, and other fur bearers are the main reason the quail population is declining, as to why Texas has no closed season nor limit on them….same as hogs. If the state wasn't over run with them, they'd be regulated. Open your mind before you start playing the part of "Super Inernetoutdoorsman of Texas" by bashing things you know nothing about….sheesh.

Last edited by Javelin225ho; 01/28/15 05:33 AM.
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: Javelin225ho] #5570845 01/29/15 04:10 PM
D
deerhuntinghippie Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: Javelin225ho
That's a great video…i trap quite a bit, but the pan tension issue is something i haven't had time to deal with this year. I have had many sets worked and traps fired, but nothing in the set when i roll around. Trapping is the only way to get fur on a grand scale. It provides you an avenue to cover tons of ground while you sleep. I skin everything i catch. Not only does it give me an avenue to extend my season for being in the outdoors, it gives me a way to keep the coons out of my feeders all year, because i take as many as i can get. I meet land owners, help them with their animal problems and establish relationships. The fur handling is bonus for me as I can mess around and try to make some stuff, teach my kids about the animals as well as make some money from the fur buyer. As for traps, I run a lot of snares as well as everything from Dogproof Coon traps, 180-330 conibears as well as the double coils shown in the video. For you haters, please understand, in the double coil spring trap, any undesirable animal caught in the trap can be released with zero….and for those that are ignorant to trapping, i mean ZERO foot damage. So, the haters can go back in their giant deer blinds over their feeders and 'hunt'…..

Coons, Bobcats, Cougars, Opossum, Skunks, Fox, Yotes, and other fur bearers are the main reason the quail population is declining, as to why Texas has no closed season nor limit on them….same as hogs. If the state wasn't over run with them, they'd be regulated. Open your mind before you start playing the part of "Super Inernetoutdoorsman of Texas" by bashing things you know nothing about….sheesh.

Exactly! It wasn't one month after I caught my first coyote that The Georgia Outdoor News magazine released an issue covering the lost art of trapping. The entire article was written in hopes to get more people in to trapping. This publication would not have published such an article (this was the featured article by the way) if there weren't, and still are, problems with the population of coyotes.

That being said, our 2015 season is kicking off pretty good. It was slow at first but now that I have the pan tension figured out we really should be getting some numbers in the next 2 weeks.

Follow me on Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
Somewhere between Henry David Thoreau and Joe Dirt.
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5572260 01/30/15 03:24 AM
P
pdotson Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
Keep up the good work hippie and keep the steel on the ground! Ive caught 6 since my last post! Predator trapping is addictive

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: pdotson] #5573190 01/30/15 05:20 PM
D
deerhuntinghippie Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: pdotson
Keep up the good work hippie and keep the steel on the ground! Ive caught 6 since my last post! Predator trapping is addictive

Thank you sir and congrats on your success! It is very addicting because it requires so much attention to detail. It's like trying to solve a very intricate puzzle. It definitely keeps me sharp and focused.

Follow me on Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
Somewhere between Henry David Thoreau and Joe Dirt.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide