Print Thread
No tracking required... #5401487 11/06/14 01:08 AM
C
ccreyeder Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
Here is a short little video from this last weekend. Opening day of deer season. Had been out all night the night before looking for hogs/coyotes without success. Had already decided I was not going to shoot any deer opening weekend, so opening morning,took the new Photon XT and the 6.8 to where I had seen a sow and piglets the day before. I was a little concerned about shooting before light on opening morning, but decided to do so as an experiment, since I wasnt going to be deer hunting anyway. When I shot, there was a spike behind me about 80 yrds away, and he never looking up from eating when I shot. 10 min after shooting, another spike showed up next to dead hog, looked at her, and went back to eating... 30 min after shooting, 4 bucks, 3 doe and 2 yearlings were at the feeder...

Still working on getting a good video image uploaded to Youtube. Image quality through the Photon XT was excellent.... Recorded image, viewed on MDVR was good...., uploaded and compressed image on Youtube, well... you can see for yourself... not so good... . Any tips from ya'll recording and then uploading is appreciated

Sat in the stand for a couple of hours watching the sunrise, deer, etc, before videoing the results in the daylight. In the video, it looks like there is a deep wound channel on the neck of the sow, but that is just blood. I think is just shadow/angle artifact. The entry wound was just behind the ear. When I shot her, she did a slow face plant into the ground, kicked a few times and was done.

Re: No tracking required... [Re: ccreyeder] #5405644 11/07/14 09:21 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Did you get your new video cable from Tyler and use it? It still looks like a bad video cable to me even though you say the raw MDVR recording is "good".

Re: No tracking required... [Re: ccreyeder] #5406036 11/08/14 02:06 AM
M
maxscm Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Good Job on the Video. thanks for posting.
You must have hit the jugular on that Sow!

Re: No tracking required... [Re: dfwroadkill] #5406211 11/08/14 04:39 AM
C
ccreyeder Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Did you get your new video cable from Tyler and use it? It still looks like a bad video cable to me even though you say the raw MDVR recording is "good".

No, not yet. I need to email him. You may be onto something though, because I also occasionally get a noise bar across the bottom of some of my recordings.

Thanks for the advice

Re: No tracking required... [Re: ccreyeder] #5406426 11/08/14 01:25 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
OK, I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that it is the cable. I recognize the pattern. The maker used the wrong connector on his original cables. The noise bar, I haven't had time to check it out, but it is either a connection issue or turning on the recorder before the scope or vice versa....I think. That's as close as I got.

cheers

Re: No tracking required... [Re: ccreyeder] #5409746 11/10/14 05:14 AM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I've been thinking about getting a photon XT. I had preordered, almost a year ago, the X-Sight, but God only knows when those things will actually be available. How do you like yours? Have you tried it yet with a more powerful IR light? I've read mixed reviews on the original photon, but not many available for the XT yet. Btw....very nice video. I bet hunting them at night is a blast with that thing.

Re: No tracking required... [Re: Dragonuv] #5409783 11/10/14 06:43 AM
C
ccreyeder Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted By: Dragonuv
I've been thinking about getting a photon XT. I had preordered, almost a year ago, the X-Sight, but God only knows when those things will actually be available. How do you like yours? Have you tried it yet with a more powerful IR light? I've read mixed reviews on the original photon, but not many available for the XT yet. Btw....very nice video. I bet hunting them at night is a blast with that thing.

I like it alot. I havent looked through any of the high end stuff in person, but for my needs and budget, it works extremely well. It's opened up a whole new world for me.

I have the UNV 20 IR external illuminator that I use and I get a very good image.

In the "optics" section, I have a "preview" of the scope and some night footage. I was waiting to use it a couple more times to do a full review

Hunting at night is a blast! It is my new fav thing lol...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide