Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5403108 11/06/14 06:36 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Hey I been duck hunting a long time and I have bought my last pair of hipsters. I found breathable waders to be the best for texas. I got two pairs, one for extreme cold and then the breathables. Life is good now. So up at Redlegs and I have to bust ice, the big waders are coming out. They just make my butt look big confused2

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: john paul] #5403729 11/06/14 11:43 PM
G
G K Chambers Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Originally Posted By: john paul

Yes my feet got wet walking into the office this morning. confused2 Nice one. up

GK, not everyone grew up 40 years ago when you could kill geese with 25 diapers draped over rice stubble. I'm sorry my post about killing geese with a cow silhouette offended you. Obviously so much that you had to come on here and try to belittle me. I think it is actually hilarious how much it bothers you.

To the OP, if getting wet doesn't bother you then keep on keepin on with those hippers. You may never need chest waders but using hip waders when you need chest waders does not make you a real duck hunter because "you aren't afraid to get wet", it makes you a dumbass in my book.

Belittle you? Oh my gracious. Black kettle. Your responses to the original poster, who apparently is a rookie, appeared insulting to me. Are you one of those guys that thinks if you do something to somebody it's O.K. but if somebody does the same thing to you then they're out of line? One of those guys that is quick to throw a punch but whines when somebody swings back? You're not that guy are you?

I am grateful to you for demonstating the internet blowhard consequences that come from cow boarding geese. It is a slippery slope

Maybe you could keep a towel at your desk and wipe your feet down when they get wet?

I'm certain the original poster will give your comments appropriate consideration.

Internet Blowhard Detection Pro Staff
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: G K Chambers] #5403857 11/07/14 12:58 AM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: G K Chambers
Belittle you? Oh my gracious. Black kettle. Your responses to the original poster, who apparently is a rookie, appeared insulting to me. Are you one of those guys that thinks if you do something to somebody it's O.K. but if somebody does the same thing to you then they're out of line? One of those guys that is quick to throw a punch but whines when somebody swings back? You're not that guy are you?

I am grateful to you for demonstating the internet blowhard consequences that come from cow boarding geese. It is a slippery slope

Maybe you could keep a towel at your desk and wipe your feet down when they get wet?

I'm certain the original poster will give your comments appropriate consideration.

I just went back and checked my posts... Not sure which one was offensive? Asking him why he bought waders before buying a pair of hip boots? Advising he go buy a pair of waders so he doesn't have to worry about getting wet? Or not understanding how someone works on getting a $35 pair of waders. Seemed pretty harmless to me and it appears the OP wasn't near as offended as you are over the whole deal. roflmao.

Jtprocaddie, if I offended you then I am sorry (which I highly doubt I did). If you want to be hardcore like GK then stick with the hip waders even if it means you are standing in waist deep water for 2 hours when it's 35 out. If you want to stay dry for sure (unless you take a spill and go under, which we all have) get a decent pair of chest waders. They don't have to be anything fancy.

GK, you and I both know that the whole reason you posted to was to try and get a rise out of me and I promise you it did not work. As I said before, I think it is HILARIOUS how butt hurt you got (and apparently still are) over those endangered snow geese we killed behind a cow silhouette. Have fun with your old pictures and I will have fun killing geese behind a cow board. Good day to you! duel

Originally Posted by garrett
I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5403879 11/07/14 01:11 AM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
This thread got interesting quick.

popcorn

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5404552 11/07/14 01:12 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I would like to see this cow thread before I make my decision on which poster to back

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: garrett] #5404856 11/07/14 03:37 PM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: garrett
I would like to see this cow thread before I make my decision on which poster to back

This is how it went garrett:

Me: Jokingly post a picture asking if it was considered decoying snow geese if I killed them behind a cow decoy (silhouette).

Snow goose purists on TWF: If you don't kill snow geese over decoys than you are nothing but a poaching, duck dynasty wannabe, pos!! Some people have no ethics! Doesn't mean it's right even though it is legal! This is the reason we don't have geese anymore, people like you! How many specks got caught in the cross fire? I bet you lost so many cripples! I've never once in my life crippled a goose even when I sky blast at a group of 500 hanging 50 yards over my decoys.

If you would like to go dig it up on TWF I think the thread was title "is this considered decoying snow geese". Pretty good stuff in there! I'd post a link but I think that is against the rules here. I didn't know people cared that much about snow geese. You'd have thought I snuck up on a bunch of bald eagles feasting on dead salmon in Alaska and ripped into them.

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5404896 11/07/14 03:55 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Comp me a hunt in the panhandle and I'll take your side, otherwise I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: garrett] #5404908 11/07/14 03:59 PM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Comp me a hunt in the panhandle and I'll take your side, otherwise I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.

I wish I could!

If we get some geese in our marsh down here in the spring I will comp you a cow silhouette sneak and frog gigging trip. roflmao

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: john paul] #5405044 11/07/14 04:52 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W

I wish I could!

If we get some geese in our marsh down here in the spring I will comp you a cow silhouette sneak and frog gigging trip. roflmao

Heck to the yeah!!! We finally got some excitement up in here! If he thinks a cow board was bad he should have been on the KAty PRairie back in the day. The farmers would load us kids on the combines and drive into the geese. Lead shot, no plugs and two guns each. We filled trucks up with them and took them across the tracks. That is before goose hunting was a hot ticket item. All of that was crop damage reduction. That and sneaking the ditches between two big groups and pass shooting them all day.

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: john paul] #5405097 11/07/14 05:15 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I wish I could!

I'm game, and if we "accidentally" shoot a few specks I dont mind

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: garrett] #5405221 11/07/14 06:09 PM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I'm game, and if we "accidentally" shoot a few specks I dont mind

I don't mind either, coyotes gotta eat too! bolt

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5405278 11/07/14 06:33 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
peep
popcorn

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: john paul] #5405700 11/07/14 09:55 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: G K Chambers

I just went back and checked my posts... Not sure which one was offensive? Asking him why he bought waders before buying a pair of hip boots? Advising he go buy a pair of waders so he doesn't have to worry about getting wet? Or not understanding how someone works on getting a $35 pair of waders. Seemed pretty harmless to me and it appears the OP wasn't near as offended as you are over the whole deal. roflmao.

Jtprocaddie, if I offended you then I am sorry (which I highly doubt I did). If you want to be hardcore like GK then stick with the hip waders even if it means you are standing in waist deep water for 2 hours when it's 35 out. If you want to stay dry for sure (unless you take a spill and go under, which we all have) get a decent pair of chest waders. They don't have to be anything fancy.

GK, you and I both know that the whole reason you posted to was to try and get a rise out of me and I promise you it did not work. As I said before, I think it is HILARIOUS how butt hurt you got (and apparently still are) over those endangered snow geese we killed behind a cow silhouette. Have fun with your old pictures and I will have fun killing geese behind a cow board. Good day to you! duel

Did not offend me, I thought it was a fair question. I will be buying waders this pay check :-D

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5405706 11/07/14 09:58 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Went out Thursday... TONS of birds flying but they were just too high and did not want to decoy! Had a few people that even pissed me off. haha Sky busting at birds flying 60 + yards high. Its even more annoying when you finally have a group about to decoy and people 200 yards away are sky busting another group 60 yards high and it flares off your group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ended up with 2 birds - 1 spoon and one gadwall

Great hunt and great experience!!!

Also I took a nice knee deep sink in the mud on my way back to my car.. Had to crawl out... And lets just say the hip boots did not do so well at keeping me dry when I had to crawl out haha...

Lesson learned!

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: BradyBuck] #5405711 11/07/14 10:01 PM
G
Gill_97 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
This thread got interesting quick.

popcorn

yup. need chest waders just posting on here cause it gets deep.

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5405759 11/07/14 10:35 PM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Im in just for the frogs. Plus if it helped me get on the birds I would walk a real cow out there.

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5406817 11/08/14 05:25 PM
N
Number 1 Barnie Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
Were you at Bardwell this morning JTPROCADDIE?

I don't always shoot deer, but when I do, I prefer B&C's.
I don't always shoot ducks, but when I do, I prefer banded ducks.
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5407226 11/08/14 10:49 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
Doh.

[Linked Image]

Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: Number 1 Barnie] #5407879 11/09/14 05:08 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: TXbowhunter1317
Were you at Bardwell this morning JTPROCADDIE?

Nope.. I will not be back there for a while. I was only up that way for work opening weekend d. Not worth the 4 hour drive from houston.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5408212 11/09/14 03:16 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
JT are you really a pro caddie?

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: john paul] #5409106 11/10/14 12:01 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Maybe Academy hasn't ran a sale on them yet.......

If I thought I might need waders, I would go buy some so I didn't wake up at 2 in the morning to drive 30 minutes or more and find out I need them.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: Jeff Elder] #5409113 11/10/14 12:04 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
JT are you really a pro caddie?

I Was a pro caddie for 5 yeas untill I kove to texas and got back into the hotel business.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: TXGH] #5409162 11/10/14 12:23 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A looper!!

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Public Coastal Hunt questions... [Re: Jeff Elder] #5410209 11/10/14 03:10 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
A looper!!

HAHA

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com