Page 1 of 2 1 2
Cool/funny hunting stories #5343823 10/06/14 02:43 AM
M
Merican Duck Hunter Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
M
Every year my grandfather and I go down to Goliad for a weekend deer hunt. Last year on the first afternoon hunt a shooter buck walked out about 200yds. I immediately got on him started to squeeze the shot off when my grandpa told me to shoot him in the neck. I changed my aim off right behind the shoulder, put it on his neck, and squeezed till the shot went off. The buck jumped strait up, kicked, and ran into heavy cover. After seeing him jump, and kick like that, I had no doubt my shot hit the mark. We waited 30min and then went and looked for him, but there was no blood, and no deer to be found. I searched for several hours until it was too dark to see, before finally giving up and heading back to camp. I had decided that the following morning I would get up, and look for buzzards to help me find my deer.

After a sleepless night I went out, but there was still no sign of my deer. I felt horrible, and made up my mind that I was not going to take another deer for the trip, I wasn't even going to go get in the stand. After a long talk, my grandpa talked me into going out and sitting in the stand with him, but I still couldn't shoot another deer knowing I had already wounded one. We were out in the same stand later that afternoon when a nice cull buck came out.

I handed my grandpa the gun, but he couldn't get a clear shot so he waited for him to clear the thicket that was in his way. Before that deer could get back into sight for him another nice buck walked out where he could get a good shot on him. He got settled into the scope and seemed to be taking forever to shoot. After a while of looking down the scope he chuckled, lifted his head, and handed the gun back to me saying "don't miss this time"... completely confused I grabbed my binocs and noticed a bright red spot at the very top of his neck... The same deer in the same spot from the day before... I got on the deer right behind the shoulder and BOOM! Dropped him! I've killed many more and better deer in my life, but none felt as sweet as this one!

Whats some of yalls funny/weird hunting stories?

Arise.Kill.Eat -Acts 10:13
Originally Posted by Nathan Nelson
I have read a bunch of stuff on the internet about Star Wars but that does not mean I can skin a deer with a light saber.
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5345242 10/07/14 12:22 AM
U
udamdan Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Great Story & thanks for sharing !

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5345890 10/07/14 10:49 AM
C
clear creek 89 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
We'll at least you got another chance at him!

[Linked Image]
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5346079 10/07/14 01:02 PM
S
senderoman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
On a doe hunt,I aimed for a neck shot and fired.I saw dust kick up behind her and she calmly walked off as I sat there in shock that I missed.A few minutes later a doe crossed the sender at about 300 yards.I aimed behind the shoulder and dropped her in her tracks.When my buddies drove up they drove straight to the deer.As I walked up to them they asked where the other deer was,as they heard my 2 shots.I told them I flat out missed one.He asked where were you aiming and I said neck.He smiled and pushed his little finger through a hole in her upper neck and asked "right here?".A 30.06 had passed through.I don't know if the round was a dud or how it happened

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5346319 10/07/14 02:57 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Years ago we hunted in Schleicher county near Eldorado. The ranch had recently sold, after we had signed the lease contract. Opening weekend, new ranch foreman comes to camp and lays down 'New' laws. Have to call first before you come down, no alcohol, cut the jaws out of doe, yada yada yada.

After they left, our lease foreman looks at my Son who was 16 YO and says,"Chris, you wanna' shoot a couple of deer". Chris was not a paying member. Of course he was pumped. Next morning we stumble upon a nice 8 pt with a hind leg stuck in the new net fence. He put him out of his misery. Later that evening we drove the Willy's jeep around on doe patrol. Chris was ready. We jumped 4 doe but one took off the opposite direction, she was running but looking behind her, that's when it happened, she ran into the same fence, broke her neck and lay there paralyzed. A perfect score. I still think about that from time to time.

Last edited by Erathkid; 10/07/14 02:58 PM.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5346453 10/07/14 03:54 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
years ago, I was hunting with my dad in Llano county (prior to any form of game/herd management) and over run with does. we were driving thru the pasture up a little hill when this doe steps out between two cedar trees facing directly toward us at about 100 yards. Dad told me to plug it, so I laid my 7mm cross hairs on the black spot of her nose and squeezed the trigger. The bullet was a little high (zeroed 1 inch high at 100 yards), so the bullet traced right up the top side of her nose hitting her virtually between the eyes. There was this huge pink cloud (brains) that went all over the cedar tree immediately behind her. She just stood there and dad said "you couldn't have missed her with that cloud!!!. We got out of the truck and walked up to her (still standing there with the top of her head gone) and dad said "she doesn't have the brains to know she's dead" ... her front knees finally buckled but was likely a couple of minutes from the time I shot her.

(FWIW, I have hunting over 50 years, and this thread could get some pretty interesting stories before I'm done nuts)

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5346721 10/07/14 06:53 PM
B
banderabound Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
0400 hrs. November 1987ish.

Mill Swamp Hunt Club in Dixie County, Florida.

My stand was ~300 yards out into the middle of a swamp. Nothing around for miles. Even at 15 I had no problem finding my stand. I climbed up there and settled in for the cold dark hours until the sun came up.

100 yards in front of me a light comes on up in a tree. Light never moves. 10 seconds later it's off. 10 seconds later two lights come on in the same spot. Never move. 10 seconds later they go out.

The hair on the back of my neck is on end. I move my selector switch from safe to fire.

The sun comes up and nothing is there. My dad almost got upset with me because he's swearing nothing is back there - no road, no houses, no nothing - and there's no way there's another hunter. Swore I was seeing things in my sleep.

There were two lights that morning in the middle of the swamp. That's all I know.

-- Break --

A few weeks later we are finishing up a weekend of hunting on a Sunday afternoon. The deal was he'd tap the horn on our Willy's when he arrived to pick me up and I'd walk out. He did and I did.

When I got to the Jeep he is white as a ghost staring down the road. He whispers, "Now just what in the f*** is that?"

Standing slap in the middle of the road 100 yards in front of us is a big brown man covered in fur. He stares at us. We stare at him. He then turns to his left and walks into the palmettos.

I'm shaking like a leaf when I grab hold of my dad's arm and ask, "What are we supposed to do?"

He says, "Get the f*** out of here." He whips the Willy's around and hauls butt.

About 30 minutes later he says, "Don't tell anyone what you saw today. People will think we are crazy...and damn sure don't tell your mom."

Years went by and we never mentioned a word about what we saw. Then one day my dad's good friend, Barney, says, "Oy (my dad's nickname), you ain't never gonna believe what I saw in the swamp a ways back when…"

My dad and I stared at each other. My dad finally said, "Barney - you sound plumb crazy."

I ain't saying we did see Bigfoot. But I will say we absolutely saw a gigantic man with fur all over him in the woods that day.

And this is the first time this story has ever been told.

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: banderabound] #5346764 10/07/14 07:34 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: banderabound

My stand was ~300 yards out into the middle of a swamp. Nothing around for miles. Even at 15 I had no problem finding my stand. I climbed up there and settled in for the cold dark hours until the sun came up.

100 yards in front of me a light comes on up in a tree. Light never moves. 10 seconds later it's off. 10 seconds later two lights come on in the same spot. Never move. 10 seconds later they go out.

The hair on the back of my neck is on end. I move my selector switch from safe to fire.

The sun comes up and nothing is there. My dad almost got upset with me because he's swearing nothing is back there - no road, no houses, no nothing - and there's no way there's another hunter. Swore I was seeing things in my sleep.

There were two lights that morning in the middle of the swamp. That's all I know.

-- Break --

A few weeks later we are finishing up a weekend of hunting on a Sunday afternoon. The deal was he'd tap the horn on our Willy's when he arrived to pick me up and I'd walk out. He did and I did.

When I got to the Jeep he is white as a ghost staring down the road. He whispers, "Now just what in the f*** is that?"

Standing slap in the middle of the road 100 yards in front of us is a big brown man covered in fur. He stares at us. We stare at him. He then turns to his left and walks into the palmettos.

I'm shaking like a leaf when I grab hold of my dad's arm and ask, "What are we supposed to do?"

He says, "Get the f*** out of here." He whips the Willy's around and hauls butt.

About 30 minutes later he says, "Don't tell anyone what you saw today. People will think we are crazy...and damn sure don't tell your mom."

Years went by and we never mentioned a word about what we saw. Then one day my dad's good friend, Barney, says, "Oy (my dad's nickname), you ain't never gonna believe what I saw in the swamp a ways back when…"

My dad and I stared at each other. My dad finally said, "Barney - you sound plumb crazy."

I ain't saying we did see Bigfoot. But I will say we absolutely saw a gigantic man with fur all over him in the woods that day.

Great story, gave me the chills...

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5346780 10/07/14 07:46 PM
A
Aggiedukmaster Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
I was Bow hunting at our Lease in Stephens Co.(around '03 or '04), and before I left to go the Stand that a.m. my Dad asked me if I had any Toilet Paper to take w/ me and I said "Yes" and He said you never know when you are Gonna need some. I put the half-used Role in my Pocket of my Camo Hoodie and off I went to Hunt. I get settled in the tree stand (prolly 30 minutes before daylight) and the wind is blowing a little out of the South and the feeder is South of the Stand so perfect, Here we go!!

It is starting to get Daybreak about this time I start to see movement in the trees, and like clockwork, here come the does. They are walking thru the woods, headed to the feeder but they are acting funny!! One would take a step and stare at the tree I was in. She would stop and then the other one would take a step and stop and stare!! This went on for about 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile the sun is coming up and I can see ALOT Better than I could 15 minutes ago. I am thinking what is going on?? 1)I am in FULL CAMO. 2) The wind is right and I approached the Area DOWN WIND. 3) I am 15 ft. up in this tree. 4) I have Fox Urine Out for my COVER SCENT.

They Proceed w/ caution and NEVER make it to the feeder. As the Sun is coming up and Shedding more light on the Situation, they get nervous and casually walk off into the direction that they came from!!

At this Point in the Story "CAN ANYONE GUESS WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED"?????

OK..........YOU GUESSED IT?? AS I WAS CLIMBING THE TREE THAT A.M. IN THE DARK, THAT ROLE OF TP FELL OUT OF MY POCKET AND CONTINUED TO HIT EVERY BRANCH ON THE WAY DOWN AND WAS HUNG UP IN THE TREE (JUST LIKE WHEN WE WERE KIDS AND TP'D SOMEBODIES TREE IN THEIR FRONT YARD) FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE STAND TO THE GROUND AND WAS FLAPPING IN THE WIND LIKE A DUCKS WING!!!!!! I KNOW YOU CAN PICTURE IT!! CAN'T YOU?? AT THIS POINT I COULD HEAR HOMER SIMPSON'S VOICE IN MY HEAD GO DOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!! I MAY AS WELL HAD A NEON SIGN W/ AN ARROW POINTING UP SAYING "HEY!! HE IS UP HERE!!

THANKS FOR LISTENING!!

SK hammer

"ALWAYS BE YOURSELF: BECAUSE THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND, AND THOSE WHO MIND...................DON'T MATTER"
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5346895 10/07/14 09:03 PM
M
MELackey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I've got a few from growing up hunting Deep East Texas (Newton County). But, what happens at the deer lease stays at the deer lease.

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5347145 10/07/14 11:21 PM
M
Merican Duck Hunter Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
M
these are some great stories! I could read hunting stories like these all day if my boss would let me lol

Arise.Kill.Eat -Acts 10:13
Originally Posted by Nathan Nelson
I have read a bunch of stuff on the internet about Star Wars but that does not mean I can skin a deer with a light saber.
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5347384 10/08/14 01:07 AM
T
Texsun Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Great thread!

Sig Sauer P229 Elite, P226 Elite, SP2022
S&W Model 3
Win. Model 70's: 220 Swift, 270, 30.06, 300 Win Mag, 375 H&H
Savage Model 99 250-3000
Colt 6920
Ruger 10-22
Swedish and Chilean Mausers
Browning Citori White Lightning
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5347526 10/08/14 02:10 AM
U
USMC89 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
I was in high school and me and a buddy were driving around his land right after sunset looking for hogs. We come up on a group right in front of the truck. I leaned out of the passenger window and rested my gun between the mirror and door. Got one in the scope and shot. Well they never ran and it didn't fall so I threw another one in the chamber and shot. By this time they took off and I hadn't touched a hair on em. Well we head back to the house and go to bed. The next morning we load up headed to school and turn the radio on and it was static. We couldn't figure out why until I happen to look up and his antenna was only about 6" long.

I couldn't see it in the scope I guess with it being so close and shot his antenna off not once but twice haha. He still talks about it every now and then.

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: DirtNapTET] #5348283 10/08/14 02:56 PM
B
banderabound Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: DirtNapTET
Originally Posted By: banderabound

-- Break --

Great story, gave me the chills...

It was a serious mixture of disbelief, fear, and shock. Almost 30 years later my dad has a hard time acknowledging what we saw. Really won't talk about it unless he's making excuses about the sun and a misplaced palmetto and maybe someone was out cutting palm hearts for swamp cabbage. And it very well could have been. All I can say is we definitely saw a massive dude covered in hair way out in the woods. No truck. No clothes. No rifle. No chainsaw. Miles out in the middle of the swamp. My mom has since heard the story. She just says we were into the moonshine. Me at 15 on a Sunday. LOL.

Gives me goosebumps still. Yikes.

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5348693 10/08/14 06:12 PM
S
skinny chicken Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
I was sitting in a tree stand when the old poop cramps hit me. I climbed down and rested my gun against the tree while I took care of businesses. As soon as I got my pants down a small 8 point ran from behind me and stopped 30 yards in front of me. I made the shot with my pants and coveralls on the ground. I finished what I started and waited for my grandfather to get there. That was my first deer 22 years ago and I will never forget it. I never said a word to anyone about that until a few months ago to my wife.

WOW, I did't realize that was my first post

Last edited by skinny chicken; 10/08/14 06:13 PM.
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5348765 10/08/14 06:49 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Took my Nephew on a few hunts when he was a young teenager. On the second hunt, he had still not shot a deer. Three does walked in about 35 yards away, and he levels the rifle. We are in the sitting position, and I know it is just a chip shot. Safety off with a click...waiting...waiting...finally, Boom! All three deer run off, clearly unscathed. I look over, and he is shaking like a paint can mixer! He says" I..I...I...I th..th..thin..think I h..h..hit..hit her" He was shaking so hard he couldn't even talk. I just know he was shaking so hard that he couldn't keep the crosshairs on her. We waited a little bit then went to look for blood, and just as I had expected, there was none to be found. We walked in the direction that the deer went to see if we could find any sign of an injured deer, and about 300 yards away found all three deer feeding on some acorns. Unfortunately, they busted us before he could get another shot. Checked the scope at camp, and it was dead on.

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5348908 10/08/14 07:59 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I have some good ones but here is a good recent one.
We are on the dove field early and i'm posted up about a 100 yrds from the truck. I hear a lot of shooting coming from that way but I stick it out where I am. Finally I can't take it anymore all the birds were breaking right over the trees by the trucks. I come walking up and bust one just before it clears the brush. I have to go in after it. When I got passed the brush line it looks like a mine field of toilet paper. I gues every one of these guys was feeling the effects of the night before. Haha, I was scared to go get my bird. When I came back out I realized that toilet paper was working better than a mojo. Every bird flying came straight at the paper the realized "Oh Crap!" and would break over the trees. roflmao

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: hook_n_line] #5349203 10/08/14 10:59 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
....... it looks like a mine field of toilet paper. I gues every one of these guys was feeling the effects of the night before....... When I came back out I realized that toilet paper was working better than a mojo........ Every bird flying came straight at the paper the realized "Oh Crap!" roflmao
roflmao

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5349260 10/08/14 11:26 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
A few years ago (about 1998) I was hunting hogs on the Brazos from my truck. I'm spotlighting and see a sounder heading towards a grove of trees. I fired the truck up and commenced to head them off. It was drizzling rain and mud was flying everywhere. I finally get a glimpse through my windshield and the bluff is right in front of me. I crank the wheel hard to the left and floor it to break forward momentum. The nose comes around (Thank You God!) and I start going forward away from the drop-off. Suddenly my windshield is full of pigs! My adrenaline was still pumping, I guess, and I just stayed to the floor through that herd of pigs. Body count was seven when the smoke cleared.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5349598 10/09/14 02:02 AM
I
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Offline
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
I was on my first hog hunting trip with friend that considers himself a pro. We were 4-wheeling it down at his deer lease in his brand-spankin-new Z-71. Still had the paper license plate from the dealer on it.

Since I was a rookie and he was the all-time champ, I was on spotlight duty while he got to man the rifle.

We creeped up within spotlight distance of a feeder and pulled over. I grabbed the light, he grabbed the semi-auto 30-06. He propped his rifle on the bed of the truck to steady his masterful sniper's aim. I hit the light. Hogs everywhere.

BLAM BLAM BOOM BANG BLAM!

He unloaded his Remington with expert efficiency, while I held that spotlight like any apprentice would be honored to do for such a master of marksmanship.

He emptied the rifle. And the pigs all took off into the woods. He hit not a damn thing. He was pissed off, confused, blaming the gun, blamimg the ammo. He even blamed me for holding the light wrong. He missed? He can't miss!

It wasn't until I returned to the passenger side of the truck that I realized what happened. The god of gunfire had shot a bunch of holes in the opposite side of his new truck bed.

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Haha yea I polished that thing for hours.
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5349765 10/09/14 02:56 AM
E
erniejs Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Great thread, keep them coming

We get old too fast and wise too slow
Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5349950 10/09/14 10:59 AM
C
Chuckybrown Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Back in the early 90's I hunted with my best friend Larry, on his family's place outside of Timpson. Despite many years of hunting, Larry had never shot a deer. .....probably because if he didn't see anything by 7:30am, he was headed back to the house for biscuits and gravy, LOL.

One afternoon we head out, and an hour or so later I hear a shot from his area. A while later I hear "wooooo hoooooo". So, I get out of the stand, walk back to camp, grab my truck, and head his way.

As I get up to the gate on the pipeline clearing he was hunting, he's standing next to his doe just smiling and waving. My eyes get wide, and I get out of my truck, waving my arms and trying point behind him at the three OTHER does standing 20 yards behind him looking at me! He just smiled and waved. Those doe stood there 30 seconds before flagging and running.

Man did I give him a hard time after that.

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5349953 10/09/14 11:03 AM
C
Chuckybrown Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Had a place outside of Tarpley in the early 2000's. After the morning hunt, my buddy Ken came back into camp. He's not in the trailer ten seconds and I said "Dude, did you have to fart in here, that's nasty"! He swore that he didn't fart.

Well, he didn't. After a couple of minutes, we figured out that mother nature called while he was out hunting, and he didn't get his coveralls far enough out of the way......

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5350221 10/09/14 02:25 PM
D
Duckhawker Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
I almost hate to post this, but I will do it. I didn't grow up in a big deer hunting state and started deer hunting in college when I lived in South Carolina. All of my previous hunting experiences had been with upland birds and waterfowl, so I was used to shooting instinctively and quickly. Spent a weekend rifle hunting a couple properties with lots of deer. On the first morning, I missed an absolute chip shot at some does at about sixty yards simply because I was shaking so much. In college I shot competitive rifle, so I was an accurate shot, but I could not get over the nerves.

On the evening hunt I saw nothing until well after sunset. In SC you can hunt until one full hour after sunset, so my friend said he would pick me up on the ATV after shooting hours. It's dark and a doe and a fawn walk up about twenty yards away right in front of the stand. I can see just a little more than their silhouettes. As I get the gun ready on the doe, I actually hear my friend start the ATV at his stand. The doe looks up and gets ready to bolt. I shoot and miss (again). It is dark, so I am blinded by muzzle flash. All I see is a white tail flagging across the field in front of me. At this point the bird hunter in me takes over and I make the probably the best deer shot of my life. I pull ahead of the flagging tail on the running deer, lead it appropriately, pull the trigger, and hear a thump at the gunshot. As my eyes recover from the second muzzle flash, I see the white belly of a dead deer in the field. I am thrilled.

My friend drives up on the ATV and we go out to the dead deer. As we walk up, we see I have made an excellent lung shot on the deer. The forty pound, yearling deer. My friend just says in a thick southern accent, "Well you shot yourself a little baby deer." It was hard to live down.

The little deer was quite tasty and I made a good shot on an appropriately aged deer the next morning. For those first several deer I always had to control my nerves, sometimes even pulling the rifle down, taking deep breaths and getting back on target to control the shaking. After a few deer, I would only shake after the shot. Thankfully now that shaking is gone and I've shot many more deer, but it was fun to get that excited about something.

Re: Cool/funny hunting stories [Re: Merican Duck Hunter] #5350263 10/09/14 02:51 PM
R
rarjar Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
This one is not so funny as it is just karma. One son-in-law hunting what we call the Hilton stand on evening hunt and shoots a big doe close to 200 yards out. Doe jumps straight up and runs off. I end up joining him at the stand to search for her. A bit of white hair and a few drops of blood here and there but nothing major and no sign of the doe after looking for a couple of hours. I figure he shot the doe in the brisket area. Being that it was going to be cold that night, we decide to wait and continue the search for the doe in the daylight after the next morning's hunt. The next morning, a second son-in-law is hunting the Twin Canyon stand a few hundred yards away and takes a big doe later in the morning. The other son-in-law (the one who shot at the doe the evening before) joined me to help the second son-in-law load his doe, planning to then resume the search for the doe from the evening before. I look at the downed doe and see a grazed shot in the brisket area that was fresh. Even though I was almost certain it was the same doe, to be safe, we continued our search for the doe from the evening before for several more hours with no sign of her and finally gave up.

Last edited by rarjar; 10/09/14 02:51 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide