Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,809
Posts9,729,364
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service #5184246 07/02/14 08:48 PM
V
VT Outfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
V
Whitetail Strategies Guide Service is a Vermont Based hunting & fishing outfitter and guide service. We offer a very personalized guide service to accommodate beginner hunters and fisherman to safely enjoy the great outdoors during a "shoulder to shoulder" guided trip. We also guide small hunting and fishing groups for those outdoorsman that are experienced to enjoy a relaxing, work free, guided trip. Whitetail Strategies Guide Service offers many guided trips here in the Green Mountain State such as:

Archery Whitetail Hunts

Rifle Season Whitetail Hunts

Black Powder Whitetail Hunts

Spring Turkey Hunts

Fall Turkey Hunts

Guided VT Moose Hunts For Lottery Winners

Rabbit Hunting With Beagles

Guided Cat Fishing Trips From The Shores Of Lake Champlain

Professionally Guided VT Ice Fishing Trips

First Aid, CPR, and AED certified and trained

Small, very organized, customizable guide service

Very reasonable rates

Visit www.whitetailstrategies.net to book a trip using the contact us button.

VT Outfitter
Whitetail Strategies Guide Service
Fred Scott Owner/Head Guide
On The Web-www.whitetailstrategies.net
Re: Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service [Re: VT Outfitter] #5186763 07/04/14 02:55 PM
V
VT Outfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
V
Archery deer hunts available October 6th-10th. Both 3 day and 5 day hunts for a maximum group size of 4 hunters.

www.whitetailstrategies.net

VT Outfitter
Re: Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service [Re: VT Outfitter] #5186872 07/04/14 04:38 PM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
That's some cheap prices. Is any of this urban hunting or big properties? I actually enjoyed hunting in people's back yards in Ohio and Michigan, it was weird at first, felt like I was doing something wrong but after I realized the residents don't even notice you it was kinda cool. Once in Ohio I could hear some people singing happy birthday and watched a school bus stop and pick up kids for school one morning, it was different for sure.

Re: Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service [Re: VT Outfitter] #5187447 07/05/14 03:54 AM
V
VT Outfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
V
I operate on just over 8,000 acres of Private land that is posted to hunting and fishing with some of the properties controlled by permit only to limit the amount of hunters per year. I have lock on tree stands, climbing tree stands, ladder stands, buckle on tree seats, ground blinds, box blinds, and still hunting areas all of which is spread out over the 8,000 acres. I create hunting and fishing opportunities for outdoorsman of all physical abilities. Some of the hunting set ups are a easy 5-6 minute walk in on a ribbon and reflector marked trail ,that is shown to clients the night before the hunt on aerial photos of the area, to then arrive at a strategically placed ladder stand. For those hunters that wish to still hunt the mountains of Vermont, I have a few areas that we still hunt our way to the top of the mountain break for lunch then still hunt our way back to the truck or drop off point. There are some easy to get to stands that you can hear house noises which as you know doesn't bother the deer. And there is also places that in some seasons no humans ever make it into the area to hunt. Other years depending on deer activity I might have 5-10 hunters that want to hike in a couple miles on old log roads to sit on stand archery or firearm hunting. I don't run a "cookie cutter" outfit. I run about 60-70 trips per year including all of the different activities I offer to guide for. I am a very small outfitter which gives me the ability to customize a hunt for instance say a 50 years old lady that has never been hunting before and would like to try some turkey hunting, but needs someone to be shoulder to shoulder for the entire time. I run many of these types of trips every season. On the other hand, I also have the returning clients that arrive in groups that know a bit about the lay of the land and are very comfortable in the woods so I drop them on well marked trial heads then return to get them at a agreed upon time while still staying in contact with them throughout the day via texting with cell phones.
Several years ago I was contacted by some fellow outdoorsman in Connecticut down on the coast. They had a deer problem. Too many deer per acre. The deer were starving in some areas during the winter months due to lack of food. The communities were losing their shrubs worth thousands of dollars because the deer were eating them. Rather than the select towns hiring sharp shooters to take down the numbers with rifles at a $100 per deer, the towns decided to ban together with permission papers for a group of us four archery hunters to spend some time reducing the deer population for free. We were allotted unlimited antlerless tags and for every 3 antlerless harvested we got a buck tag. Between the four of us in one season we took out 67 whitetails. A lot of meat, right. Every family member and friend had a full freezer plus we donated to hunters feeding the hungry program a bunch as well. Also any land owner that we took deer off their property was offered venison. I know exactly what you mean when you say it felt like you were doing something wrong sitting in an urban tree stand. The very first day I sat in CT in a urban stand I thought to myself there is no deer here, what am I doing wasting my time. But I stayed, and sure enough last hour of the day, deer just started appearing from what seemed thin air. Strange feeling to be at full draw at a big Doe with sirens, car alarms, buses going by, leaf blowers 200 yards away, and releasing your arrow. Big change for a big woods hunter from Vermont for sure.

VT Outfitter
Re: Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service [Re: VT Outfitter] #5190405 07/07/14 07:49 PM
V
VT Outfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
V
I have only two Vermont firearm whitetail deer hunts left. One is a 3 day rifle deer hunt in November 2014 maximum group size 4 hunters, the other is a 3 day black powder deer hunt in December 2014 maximum group size 2 hunters as two other hunters have already booked this slot and I only book up to 4 hunters per week maximum for archery or firearm whitetail hunts. First come, first serve. Contact me using the contact button at www.whitetailstrategies.net.

VT Outfitter
Re: Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service [Re: VT Outfitter] #5211947 07/21/14 08:54 PM
V
VT Outfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
V
I have two places still available for a 3 day archery whitetail deer hunt to join two other hunters in camp that week. The dates are October 5th arrive, hunting 6th, 7th,8th and departing after the hunt October 8th.

I also have a recent cancellation for a 3 day archery whitetail deer hunt for a very popular time slot. The opening is for October 23rd arrival in the evening, hunting 24th, 25th, and 26th the last three days of Vermont archery season and closest to the whitetail rut with archery equipment, experiencing the chase and search phase of the rut.

Contact http://www.whitetailstrategies.net, use the "contact us" button.

VT Outfitter
Re: Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service [Re: VT Outfitter] #5267858 08/23/14 03:48 AM
V
VT Outfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
V
WHITETAIL STRATEGIES GUIDE SERVICE
Vermont hunting and fishing outfitter and guide service

Schedule Update

Remaining hunts:

October archery whitetail, arrive Oct. 5th, hunt 6th-8th, group size 1 maximum
November rifle whitetail, arrive Nov. 16th, hunt 17th-19th, group size 4 maximum

Also gearing up for the 2015 rabbit hunting with beagles and ice fishing season starting Jan. 2015 thru March 2015. Many bookings left for one or more days. Rabbit hunting requires you to bring a shotgun, ammo, hunter orange, VT hunting license. Ice fishing is fully guided, all that is required is warm clothing, water proof boots, and fishing VT license.

I offer, free of charge, assistance booking reservations for local lodging and meals located in the heart of the hunting and fishing properties.

VT Outfitter
Re: Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service [Re: VT Outfitter] #5305380 09/14/14 02:18 AM
V
VT Outfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
V

Schedule Update

Remaining hunts:

November rifle whitetail, arrive Nov. 16th, hunt 17th-19th, group size 2 maximum to make a group of 4 for the hunt.
December black powder buck hunt, arrive Dec. 8th, hunt 9th-11th, group size 2 maximum to make a group of 4 hunters.

Also gearing up for the 2015 rabbit hunting with beagles and ice fishing season starting Jan. 2015 thru March 2015. Reservations have started coming in for rabbit hunts and ice fishing trips, reserve know to get your choice of dates. Rabbit hunting requires you to bring a shotgun, ammo, hunter orange, VT hunting license. Ice fishing is fully guided, all that is required is warm clothing, water proof boots, and fishing VT license.

I offer, free of charge, assistance booking reservations for local lodging and meals located in the heart of the hunting and fishing properties.

VT Outfitter
Re: Vermont Hunting & Fishing Outfitter and Guide Service [Re: VT Outfitter] #5382074 10/27/14 03:37 PM
V
VT Outfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
V

Schedule Update

Remaining hunts:

November rifle whitetail is completely booked. I am taking reservation deposits for the 2015 deer season.
December black powder buck hunt, arrive Dec. 8th, hunt 9th-11th, I only have one place available remaining to make a group of 4 hunters.

Also gearing up for the 2015 rabbit hunting with beagles and ice fishing season starting the end of December 2014 through March 2015. December 2014 rabbit hunts are completely booked. The first week of January 2015 is the earliest available, reserve know to get your choice of dates. Rabbit hunting requires you to bring a shotgun, ammo, hunter orange, VT hunting license. Ice fishing is fully guided, all that is required for you to bring is warm clothing, water proof boots, and current Vermont fishing license.

VT Outfitter
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide