Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Hunt ruined by trespassers! [Re: Honkey911] #4935605 01/27/14 02:49 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Honkey911
depending what time it is if i no where you live ill come knock on your door and ask to get my dog i do a lot of huntin at night and i have had guns pulled on me law called out all kinds of bull sh** mainly the problems started when city people moved out here and dont want any body even looking at there land but there is a big difference of just getting your dog versus hunting on someones land without permission

Seems to me the problem started when people stopped respecting other people's property rights. I know plenty of "country people" who don't appreciate people disrespecting their fences. It seems like the battle cry for trespassers who aren't allowed to trespass anymore is "it's the city people's fault for not letting me cross their fences!"

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Hunt ruined by trespassers! [Re: Grizz] #4935655 01/27/14 03:13 AM
C
crooked horn Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Thank you grizz for seeing my side of the story. Just so everybody knows, I am a life long Texan, and every bit of that has been spent on the 'farm'. As I said before, it literraly blows my mind that people think it is okay to go on someones property without permission. You SHOULD have a gun pulled on you, and maybe even the trigger pulled. I have had feeders stolen, a cow shot and killed, deer killed, and heaven only knows what has happened that I don't even know about. The sad thing is, the stolen items, and the shot cow, were in places not visible from a road, or property line. Never again will I be lenient, as State Game Warden says, that's like an invitation to return. Next time I catch someone, regardless of circumstance, it will be: prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Thank you...thank you very much
Re: Hunt ruined by trespassers! [Re: gunnut81] #4935660 01/27/14 03:15 AM
B
bloodtrail Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
I can tell you a ton of ways to get rid of the dogs. Like many have said thoughit is not the dogs fault. It is their loser owners. From what I understand, you have to have written permission on you to he on somebody's land while hunting. I get pretty hot with tresspassers when I catch them having no problem getting the law involved. If somebody is tresspassing with a deadly weapon it can get very bad for them if you get the right officials involved. Just sayin......

Re: Hunt ruined by trespassers! [Re: gunnut81] #4940373 01/29/14 01:54 AM
H
Honkey911 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
yea but them country people all you have to do is tell who your granpa and daddy are and 9outof10 say go ahead and get your dog or yea as long as your gettin hogs come on back

Re: Hunt ruined by trespassers! [Re: gunnut81] #4943136 01/30/14 01:04 PM
B
Bassman 57 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
First year to hunt in East Texas. I have had to deal with "hog" hunters running dogs during deer season. We had several Saturday morning hunts ruined because of dogs running through our lease. I have heard individuals complaining that they are not going to spend money for deer leases with dogs running through them. Not counting the problems arising from people shooting dogs and tempers flaring because of it. When property owners/hunting supply business start to loose money because of this, something will get done. I do believe it is time to ban hunting dogs (not retrievers for bird hunting), if not for the entire year, at least from Oct 1-Jan 31. There really are more efficient ways to harvest the hogs than running deer that ruin deer hunting for those in nearby areas. At the same time you will reduce the trespassing problem (since dogs will pursue across fence/property lines) and the problem with game camera theft, and someone driving 3-6 hours to for a ruined weekend hunt. It is also funny how "Cousin Bobby" shot that deer on the back forty and was not with our group running hogs on the other side of the ranch. A ban would help out the Game Wardens as well. I would encourage all to write your state legislators and request legislation to restrict the use of hunting dogs.
A stoke of the pen would do much to help this.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide