Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5121368 05/21/14 02:38 PM
C
Chuck McDonald Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I always call, but it is worth it just to Chat with Skylar for a bit. Never an issue ordering from them that way.

Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5121430 05/21/14 03:17 PM
M
moss99 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
I've only dealt with them a few times but it's always been positive.

Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5121706 05/21/14 07:18 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
IDK how on earth I missed this thread guys. I apologize, usually I get emails on this section because it happens to be my AOR and I want to make sure that if there is a thread that I can help, aid or assist , I will read and post immediately.

I would like to address a couple concerns:

Originally Posted By: Lochsley123

NOT COOL SWFA!!! Tell me it's backordered before I pay for it. I would have looked somewhere else if I had known it was on backorder. realmad

Scott I apologize for this being late firstly. I empathize with you frustration. But currently SWFA.com does not reflect a LIVE inventory indicator. It reflects all of our offerings, but will not supply you with stock status.

I will be more than happy to assist any THF'er with questions regarding stock, applications, and anything else that would better assist you with the information you need before committing to an order.

It is not our business model to mislead our customers in any way or fashion. Once we recognize that the item that you purchased is not available, we immediately void the pre-authorization your credit card company supplies retailers with to apply to your order. Then we will hold you order, unless supplied with instructions to cancel, until it becomes available. Once it arrives we will immediately allocate the back ordered item to your invoice. Apply payment to the invoice and it will ship within 24 hours.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has created for you.

Originally Posted By: RWH24
Originally Posted By: tannerlst
U can't use both Thf discount codes online either ..... Call in orders

Yes you can, Skylar showed me but I don't remember the process now. No order since then.

I believe I still have that PM Randy. I will try to find it.

If any one has any questions about the THF discount codes, please email me or shoot me a PM. I will be more than happy to help you guys out.

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
Originally Posted By: huntandfish
So, one needs to look online for what they want then call it in. Seems very silly, when almost every online retailer has realtime inventory.

No. You can order online but Skylar gives you a discount that is basically free shipping and no tax if you call him directly. You can always order online and just pay full price if you really want to.

Exactly. Skylar doesn't have to give us discounts, but he does. If it is too much of a chore to call in and get free shipping and taxes knocked off your order, then by all means please order online.

Not only do you get discounts, You get to talk to a fellow member of this forum. Skylar may also offer options you didn't consider. Heck of a nice guy and very very helpful.

And in regards to live inventory, no not everyone does that. Try ordering through Optics Planet sometime and get a backorder. Good luck with that. I don't think all you anti 2A supporters favorite optics dealer Cameralandny has live inventory either.

You young whippersnappers are spoiled, I remember when you used to have to place orders from a paper catalog in the mail and pray. Slow down and enjoy the ride.

Gentlemen, I really appreciate your input and support. It's our pleasure to do business with you guys.

Originally Posted By: cory_cooper
What has Doug done that was anti 2A?

Absolutely nothing.

But he does have to pay state income tax. Therefore a portion of every dollar you spend in NY is going to fund an anti-gun government.

No matter how nice of a guy Doug it is not worth me compromising my values to deal with him.

Ok I got you. I absolutly won't do business with SWFA because of there ammo pricing durring a shortage. They are in the same class with Ctd in my book. That and I am not of huge fan of places with price match garuntees. To me it is like saying we will get you if we can but if you call us out I will give you a deal. I would rather deal with the people whose pricing strategy is less discrimitory and doesn't require codes and price matches to give you their best price. But to each his own, your mileage may cary.

I apologize, I do not recall this. From what I remember, we never jacked out prices up. I know that several distributors did that and we put our standard mark up on the ammo, in order to cover operations costs like overhead, electric, water, gas and ect... But we never gouged the market.

With the new building and crazy busy it has been hectic around here, but again guys, I apologize for the delayed response, I had no idea this thread was even created. But I'm willing to help you guys out in anyway I can.

Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5121725 05/21/14 07:30 PM
N
nsmike Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Skylar this thread was recently moved to Optics from the Firearms forum. It seems that the moderators have been more active in moving threads recently.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5121731 05/21/14 07:38 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
That explains why I never saw it. Ever since they created the optics forum, that is where I typically stay.

I use to post in several sections but recently because I have been so bogged down I haven't had the chance to participate like I would like.

That is why I subscribed to this section.

Thanks for the input Mike.

Re: SWFA [Re: Skylar Mac] #5122071 05/21/14 11:52 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J

I would imagine these are the prices that Cory is talking about.

I aint going to be the one to decide if it was the distributor or SWFA that was reaping the rewards from these prices but they certainly were CTD type prices.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4221726/Re:_!!!!!_Ammunition_Available#Post4221726

Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5122075 05/21/14 11:56 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
No idea why that link wont work.

Re: SWFA [Re: Squirrel Sniper] #5122349 05/22/14 03:26 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: Squirrel Sniper
I tried to order a TPS base and rings and got the oh we're out of stock email after I ordered and they charged my card.I cancelled it and am waiting for a refund on my card.
i haven't cancelled, but the same thing happened t me with an ammo order. Still waiting, and not very happy about it. Will likely not use again.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: SWFA [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #5122858 05/22/14 03:15 PM
S
Squirrel Sniper Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
I'm definitely done with them.Ill stick with Midway.

Choot 'em!
Re: SWFA [Re: Squirrel Sniper] #5122911 05/22/14 03:45 PM
C
Chuck McDonald Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I'm definitely done with them.Ill stick with Midway.
Shame you guys would rather send your money out of state, just because you would rather deal with a Machine and not a fellow Texan. I have never ordered from SWFA online, have always dealt with them on the phone and always asked for Skylar directly. Definitely can't go wrong dealing with SWFA like that.

Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5122953 05/22/14 03:59 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
This is a result of the virtualization of humanity. Young folks are much more comfy in chat rooms and the like. Real people are scary and intimidating. When they get frustrated, they just want to bad mouth instead of figuring out where THEY went wrong. No responsibility is taken, expectations are for it all to be taken of by someone else.

Pick up the phone, call the man, sort it out, learn something. Get it done.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5122993 05/22/14 04:20 PM
N
NewJeep Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Swfa has always done me right. Midway has always done me right as well. I would rather spend my money right here in Texas though.

Live to hunt, forced to work!
Re: SWFA [Re: Cast] #5123021 05/22/14 04:33 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Cast
This is a result of the virtualization of humanity. Young folks are much more comfy in chat rooms and the like. Real people are scary and intimidating. When they get frustrated, they just want to bad mouth instead of figuring out where THEY went wrong. No responsibility is taken, expectations are for it all to be taken of by someone else.

Yup, very rarely do you ever here someone say I did something dumb, I was wrong, It was my fault etc... its always someone else. Same reason we have all the frivolous lawsuits.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: SWFA [Re: cory_cooper] #5127844 05/26/14 03:53 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Have no problems with price matching. The store has to make money, but if someone else has it on sale and he matches it? No brainer. BTW, where all do you shop at for cloths, food, cars? Most places will match prices now days
.... That and I am not of huge fan of places with price match garuntees. To me it is like saying we will get you if we can but if you call us out I will give you a deal.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: SWFA [Re: Cast] #5127860 05/26/14 04:09 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

Because it can't possibly be that calling them during the day while at work is difficult. Or that it is easier to order things over the internet as opposed to going somewhere/calling when people make be talking to other people.

I beat you don't order anything over the internet, or going to big box retailers. You only shop at locally owned small business right? You see them face to face?

I don't think the business is always wrong, shoot everyone has bad days. However, I believe that companies process should be such that I can get the same price regardless of how I order.

Re: SWFA [Re: Cleric] #5128062 05/26/14 06:28 PM
C
Chuck McDonald Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Cleric

Because it can't possibly be that calling them during the day while at work is difficult. Or that it is easier to order things over the internet as opposed to going somewhere/calling when people make be talking to other people.

I beat you don't order anything over the internet, or going to big box retailers. You only shop at locally owned small business right? You see them face to face?

I don't think the business is always wrong, shoot everyone has bad days. However, I believe that companies process should be such that I can get the same price regardless of how I order.
A lot of these optics supplier on the net are small operations, you make it sound like they should be able to hire a team of people to scour the net all day to make sure their pricing is the lowest. And yes I shop Locally, First, Texas Second, and then I will buy from elsewhere, except NY, CONN, MASS, CA, and some others.

Re: SWFA [Re: Chuck McDonald] #5128101 05/26/14 06:58 PM
Paluxy300blk Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
You young whippersnappers are spoiled, I remember when you used to have to place orders from a paper catalog in the mail and pray. Slow down and enjoy the ride.

I want what I want and I want it NOW, Chuck! grin

I remember writing a check, filling out the order forms, and beginning the wait process. Online ordering is great and certainly convenient. However, it is no substitute for talking to a live person.

I don't fault SWFA for this situation. Live inventories are a pain in the butt.

Re: SWFA [Re: Chuck McDonald] #5128917 05/27/14 01:20 AM
S
Squirrel Sniper Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Well if they provided better service they might get my business.Texas economy is doing just fine so I'll go with the better service and cheaper prices.I love free enterprise.

Choot 'em!
Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5129108 05/27/14 02:34 AM
C
Colt W. Knight Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I ordered from SWFA once. Skylar called me personally and answered all my questions, gave me some discount codes, and I ordered my scope, rings, and pmags through the website at a hefty discount. Way cheaper than I could find anywhere with the discounts. Got my order within a few days. I plan on buying from them again.

Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5129889 05/27/14 04:02 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Well I'm glad to see SS got his decision made....enough retail store bashing already. I just hope that crow comes home to roost someday when he'll have to wear the other side of that hat...and have his good? name splattered all over the 'net ad infintum ad nauseum. Saw more than one Gun Dealer refuse service to a "customer" they'd dealt with previously as not worth the time, effort and ROI of inventory.

The older I get the more I recognize that 2% of the people can never be satisfied with finding a $10 bill, and not complaining incessantly that it wasn't a $100...and why I never owned a Retail Store even though I was offered several over the years as the "front" man for an investor that had had a Minority Partner "loose patience" or go "Postal" on some clown in dealing with the inevitable pipsqueaks in the public.
JMHO & YMMV
Cheers Ya'll
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5129981 05/27/14 04:51 PM
A
aggiehunter03 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Never had anything but great customer service from them. If you're too inept to call someone on the telephone in order to save over 8% and get free shipping then keep using Midway and paying extra. Personally I like talking to a human not named Jill in Hong Kong and who actually uses the stuff I'm ordering.

Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5130092 05/27/14 05:47 PM
HuntingTexas Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Always had great transactions with SWFA and I'm very fortunate that they are only about 10 miles down the highway from me banana

" In God We Trust "

Re: SWFA [Re: Squirrel Sniper] #5130586 05/27/14 10:16 PM
R
RifleDude Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
I tried to order a TPS base and rings and got the oh we're out of stock email after I ordered and they charged my card.I cancelled it and am waiting for a refund on my card.

I'm good friends with the SWFA folks, including Skylar, who is a fellow THF member. If you knew them, your perspective would likely change. You won't find a nicer group of folks who genuinely care about their customers.

I can say with certainty that they do not charge your card until they ship the item you ordered. What you're seeing as a "charge" is a pre-authorization. Yes, the pre-auth can tie up available funds in your balance until it is settled, but you aren't responsible for pre-auth $ amounts nor charged interest on those $ until the transaction is complete and the final $ amt is actually charged to your acct. The pre-auth is necessary whether or not they have the item in stock because they need to know you have the funds to pay for the item, especially if they have to order more stock. If the item doesn't ship in a certain amount of time, the pre-auth drops off your card automatically without you having to ask for a refund. It's the same with many other items ordered using an automated ordering process; this is nothing unique to SWFA. The same thing happens when you go to a gas pump that accepts credit cards. Your card is preauthorized a certain amount before you finish pumping, but the exact amount isn't charged to your card until the transaction is complete. It isn't practical for them to carry every single item they catalog all the time, because some items don't sell well enough and give sufficient inventory turns to make it good business to keep stock constantly. In addition, they have no control over availability from their supplier.

Yes, they could provide a "real-time" inventory feature on their website. However, that feature isn't always very reliable, because anyone can order any number of any items simultaneously before the software has a chance to refresh and update real time quantities. This would still cause some customers to get pissed off, thinking something was in stock, when someone else bought out the remaining stock a few minutes earlier. I've ordered plenty of items from websites that indicated they had inventory on-hand only to find out someone else bought the last remaining stock before my transaction was complete.

Concerning the complaint about the 110% price match guarantee policy...the reason why the policy exists and works the way it does is largely due to strict MAP (minimum advertised pricing) agreements with suppliers. Some people only care about who has the lowest price on an item, and nothing else is important. If they advertise abnormally low prices on their website to attract those people, in many cases, this violates the MAP agreement because it undercuts other competing vendors who buy from these manufacturers as well. In fact, they are prohibited from ADVERTISING prices below the minimum MAP pricing set by the supplier of any given product, though they can make unadvertised deals to an individual. It's just the way retail business works.

Read about MAP policies here: http://www.sba.gov/community/blogs/how-m...marketing-effor

It's too easy to call 972-SCOPEIT and talk to a live person.

No matter how hard you try or what measures and policies you put in place, it's impossible to please everyone.

Last edited by RifleDude; 05/28/14 03:34 AM.

Ted
Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5131155 05/28/14 02:43 AM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Good Post Ted...thank you for that clear and logical explanation, cause all I wanted to do was poke at the problem.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: SWFA [Re: Lochsley123] #5142730 06/04/14 06:30 PM
RKHarm24 Offline
sergeant
sergeant

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide