Forums46
Topics537,804
Posts9,729,337
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. #4278849 05/25/13 04:17 PM
L
Lonestar1955 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
L
anyone know how to contact him?

Last edited by Lonestar1955; 05/25/13 04:20 PM.
Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: Lonestar1955] #4293860 06/01/13 09:19 PM
E
EVCO Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
David Voeller-210-651-3851-dvoeller@voellerlaw.com

He did mine.

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: EVCO] #4293964 06/01/13 10:24 PM
R
r_u_sharp_2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I used sean cody out of houston. Did it via phine and email. Nfatrust.com, I think is his website.

I looked in silencer shops website when i was looking to do my trust and he is on their site with a few other texas guys.

Matt

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: r_u_sharp_2] #4294617 06/02/13 03:59 AM
M
Murphscout Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Do it yourself. Quicken Willmaker software. Cost me 35 bucks plus the notary fee of 5 bucks after I was done. Start to finish in 30 minutes. Of course took 7 months for ATF to get the stamp.........

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: Murphscout] #4294826 06/02/13 12:04 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It is crazy to pay someone to do this for you. Buy the software from amazon and do it yourself. Then it is easy to add to it in the future. I did my own and have all my stuff in hand now 8 months later.

The bank will notarize it for free.

Last edited by Cast; 06/02/13 12:05 PM.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: Cast] #4295823 06/02/13 11:33 PM
F
FroggerZack Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Voeller did mine. diy trust do not have any NFA language in them. While they will fly through ATF approval I would hate to rely on it in court with your posterior on the line!

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: FroggerZack] #4296358 06/03/13 03:35 AM
R
r_u_sharp_2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I paid someone so i know that the legal things are in order. Sure save some money and just buy the software. I am happy with my decision to have a lawyer draft and complete my trust.

Matt

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: Cast] #4296408 06/03/13 04:07 AM
B
bluesman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: Cast
It is crazy to pay someone to do this for you. Buy the software from amazon and do it yourself. Then it is easy to add to it in the future. I did my own and have all my stuff in hand now 8 months later.

After 35 years practicing law all I can say is that I love guys like you. More power to you - just keep practicing law without any knowledge of what you are doing. Love it when you save a grand on fees for a trust and then get to pay me 20 grand to save your a$$ from the IRS, ATF, etc... Totally penny wise and pound foolish. Feel the same way about all the clowns who prepare their own wills. Love all of the software you guys rely on, just hikes my legal fees when you get your butts in a jam. Go for it!!

Last edited by bluesman; 06/03/13 04:08 AM.
Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: bluesman] #4296425 06/03/13 04:21 AM
D
ddr225 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: bluesman
After 35 years practicing law all I can say is that I love guys like you. More power to you - just keep practicing law without any knowledge of what you are doing. Love it when you save a grand on fees for a trust and then get to pay me 20 grand to save your a$$ from the IRS, ATF, etc... Totally penny wise and pound foolish. Feel the same way about all the clowns who prepare their own wills. Love all of the software you guys rely on, just hikes my legal fees when you get your butts in a jam. Go for it!!

While I agree that having an attorney to do the NFA trust is probably the best and safest way to go, I still cant stand you snakes! Screwing people out of thousands of dollars just because you have more knowledge of the law is not ethical in my book. You lawyers are the biggest problem with our country today. You screw people because you can! And btw, you will never see a dime of my money for anything!

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: ddr225] #4296449 06/03/13 04:47 AM
B
bluesman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: ddr225

While I agree that having an attorney to do the NFA trust is probably the best and safest way to go, I still cant stand you snakes! Screwing people out of thousands of dollars just because you have more knowledge of the law is not ethical in my book. You lawyers are the biggest problem with our country today. You screw people because you can! And btw, you will never see a dime of my money for anything!

Funny, I see guys just like you begging us to save your butts every day. I charge by the hour for my time, plain and simple. Takes a lot of time to get some jerks butt out of a crack that he jammed it into all by himself. Your opinion of my ethics is of no value to me, and I have no doubt that your opinion will instantly change the minute you need your butt saved from your own ignorance. Seen loudmouths like you change their attitude in a heartbeat when they jam their butt inyo a crack of their own ignorant creation. As far as me getting any of your money - you need not worry. When you came begging I would just tell you no and don't let the door hit you in the butt, and as you walked out you could relish the thought that you didn't pay me a dime, at the same time knowing full well that the IRS, ATF, etc.. was going to clean your clock. Oh Well - ignorance is bliss, and you must be one of the most blissful clowns on planet earth!!

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: bluesman] #4296552 06/03/13 11:42 AM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Leeches. I work for lawyers and I see the software they use to produce documents. All the stuff I produce by myself is just fine. I occasionally get a lawyer buddy to check my stuff and its always fine.

It's just a simple form.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: bluesman] #4296589 06/03/13 12:16 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: Cast

Wow, your response pretty much confirms you are a DB lawyer, as well as extremely unprofessional. Guys like you with your attitude and response are what gives attorneys a bad name. Note to self, never use an attorney from Kerrville!

By the way, a will can be written on a napkin and still be valid. These are not difficult documents to produce and to think that you are the only one to have that capacity is arrogant and a fallacy.

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: DocHorton] #4296631 06/03/13 12:43 PM
B
BobG Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
popcorn

Gravley Custom Woodwork: Household Furniture, Custom Cabinetry and much more!

Hunters, Fisherman and other liars gather here.
Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: BobG] #4296845 06/03/13 02:05 PM
D
ddr225 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Wow how surprising! Seems I'm not the only one that notices an unprofessional DB. When you refer to your clients as idiots and ignorant clowns, you have an ethical issue!

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: ddr225] #4296864 06/03/13 02:10 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
I did my own with the help of someone that did his and has several NFA items. After seeing what is involved in the process lawyers should be ashamed of themselves for charging so much.

[Linked Image]

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: KRoyal] #4296955 06/03/13 02:50 PM
K
Korean Redneck Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
I'm married to a lwayer and I also think that a huge problem with our legal system is lawyers. So i think I have a fairly unique prespective on lawyers.

Without making this post too long, lawyers are a necessary evil. It's the classic chicken and the egg scenario in modern societies. in regards to this case, it's all fine and dandy to diy, but infortunately ignorance of the law does not hold up well to a judge. So it's an individual's responsibilty to to do the risk analysis. Yes, there is fairly highly likelihood nothing will go wrong if you diy trust and you end up saving a couple hundred bucks. But realize if in the small chance event something does go wrong, then it will cost you heavily. Either you need to brush up on posession and trust law real fast or hire a lawyer.
Now did the lawyer you hire, either to do the trust or bail you out after, create the situation? No, but other lawyers did.

See a similar thing in my line of work. They hate it when I, the supposed only-knows-books-but-not-life engineer, makes them do something in the field.
To which I really, "It's fine. I can't make you do anything. If you don't want to do what I ask because it's more difficult, then I understand. And there is a high chance nothing will go wrong. But if something goes wrong, I can't stand behind you.
On the flip side, if you do the inconvient thing I ask for and something goes wrong, then feel free to blame me because I can blame the books and we'll all be ok."

It's a basic cost evaluation of risk, reward. I hate lawyers but my conservative and risk averse (i.e. wussy w/a caiptal P), rear will go the way of getting a prudent lawyer because the smaller front end cost pales in comparison of fighting the the state in court, even when you factor in likely costs.

that's my $0.02.

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: Korean Redneck] #4296965 06/03/13 02:55 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
What exactly could go wrong with a trust? Its a very strait forward document. If the ATF ok's your trust, what exactly could go wrong after the fact?

[Linked Image]

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: KRoyal] #4297015 06/03/13 03:16 PM
K
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
I have no idea what could go wrong but that's what you pay a lawyer for. Their expertise in trying to protect you from things you don't know or haven't consider that could go wrong.

Going back to my experiences at work, there have been things to go wrong that either I didn't think were possible or never considered. Similarly, it's my job to know, consider, and plan for these things. And I've been on both sides. Had to leave someone out to hang because they didn't follow procedure. But also stood firmly behind our operations personnel becuase they did according to what we said and our plans were sound. Guess which guy kept his job?

Not saying anyone has to get a trust lawyer. But i come to terms with not paying for a lwayer, but the piece of mind that if something happens then I'm going back to the layer and saying "fix this because you ensured me i was covered."
Btw, I got a trust through a lawyer before I even met my wife. I just now understand more why lawyers cost what they do.

Last edited by Korean Redneck; 06/03/13 03:18 PM.

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: Korean Redneck] #4297073 06/03/13 03:45 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
A trust is a form document, basically fill in the blanks. Once you have access to the form, there is no need for a lawyer, only a notary public. So, here's the form.
http://marylandshooter.com/ar15/trust/trust.asp

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: TexFlip] #4297096 06/03/13 03:56 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: TexFlip
A trust is a form document, basically fill in the blanks. Once you have access to the form, there is no need for a lawyer, only a notary public. So, here's the form.
http://marylandshooter.com/ar15/trust/trust.asp

Yes

[Linked Image]

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: KRoyal] #4298419 06/04/13 02:10 AM
M
Murphscout Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Wow. Nice. Lawyers didnt invent the law, they interpret it. This document is just that document. I laugh quite out loud at the thought of needing to be bailed out of something I understand just and much as a 'lawyer'. My best friend is an attorney. Know how he created his gun trust.....same software I used to create mine....In fact...He borrowed the software from me. So if you want someone to create one for you using....software...and you feel more comfy that way. Go for it. But if you dont want to pay 400-500 for creating a trust. Dont. When you need someone to defend you in a court of law. Get a lawyer. This is not the case here with a simple document that does not even have to be filed only notarized. We all have choices, and I would choose not to use the a fake lawyer who comes on here and spouts off....And thats my choice.

Last edited by Murphscout; 06/04/13 02:11 AM.
Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: Murphscout] #4298576 06/04/13 02:59 AM
B
bluesman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Hey it all works for me, just a bunch of ignorant clowns and shoe clerks practicing law. Go for it. I would much rather represent the high value clients I typically deal with who recognize the value of good legal advise and services. I plan estates and do corporate restructuring and save my clients hundreds of thousands and sometimes millions with regularity. For me a gun trust is something not really worth fooling with. But - some of the ignorance I read on this thread just amazes me. Do you idiots really think you have just as much skill or knowledge in preparing a gun trust as a lawyer. If so, all I can say is you have a client for a fool and a lawyer for a fool No wonder Odumbo was elected president. I'm sure he got a lot of votes from the braininess posters on this thread. Don't worry I would never work for or with most of you ignorant clowns.

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: bluesman] #4298587 06/04/13 03:04 AM
M
Murphscout Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
No problem. I'm guessing most of us ignorant clowns dont want an attorney who acts and speaks like a 13 year old. We're all on the same page here....night night

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: bluesman] #4298836 06/04/13 05:21 AM
C
ckat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Hey it all works for me, just a bunch of ignorant clowns and shoe clerks practicing law. Go for it. I would much rather represent the high value clients I typically deal with who recognize the value of good legal advise and services. I plan estates and do corporate restructuring and save my clients hundreds of thousands and sometimes millions with regularity. For me a gun trust is something not really worth fooling with. But - some of the ignorance I read on this thread just amazes me. Do you idiots really think you have just as much skill or knowledge in preparing a gun trust as a lawyer. If so, all I can say is you have a client for a fool and a lawyer for a fool No wonder Odumbo was elected president. I'm sure he got a lot of votes from the braininess posters on this thread. Don't worry I would never work for or with most of you ignorant clowns.

I am anxiously waiting to see how bluesman "lawyers" his way out of the Wall of Shame. loser8

"Rule 9. No personal attacks – if you disagree with someone, state your case intelligently and back it up with facts. You will be warned once. If the behavior continues, you will be banned from the forum for at least a month and possibly permanently. DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE WITH EMAIL OR VIA PM WHEN YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON THE FORUM."

Re: looking for the guy that did the Trust's for the suppressors. [Re: Murphscout] #4299007 06/04/13 12:57 PM
K
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Murphscout
Wow. Nice. Lawyers didnt invent the law, they interpret it. This document is just that document.

Not sure whom you're referring to but if it's me then I didn't make myself clear. Of course lawyers don't technically make the laws. However, it's naive to think that some lawyer doesn't have a say in how laws are written. And ask your lawyer friend, ambiguity in law doesn't exsist because of intent but it exsist because of how the law is exactly written. It's impossible to write intent and that's why lawyer is even a profession. It's to agrue ambiguity to their or their client's favor.
Besides, even on a more practical level there are many law makers in every level of governement who are formally trained lawyers.

I fully acknowledge that the likelihoods of something going wrong with your trust is very low. Once again, I'm generally a risk averse guy and don't mind paying a couple hundred dollars to not worry about it. I'm 30 and in great health yet I have premium life and health insurance

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide