Forums46
Topics536,992
Posts9,719,215
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: don k] #4260216 05/16/13 10:03 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: don k
This poor old dead horse must be a Zombie. You just can't kill it. I know of HF ranches where most that bad mouth them would get lost and probably sh*t themselves to death crying for momma before they could find their way out. Most that are bad mouthing HF were probably born on pavement and have never even hunted LF without a guide.

rofl

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: rifleman] #4260220 05/16/13 10:04 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
rofl

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4260235 05/16/13 10:09 PM
S
STXHO Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: Texas Hunting Guide 2010
So the question is, If there were no high fence ranches now, would hunters be killing numerous 170+bc bucks? Would the antler score still be about the same, say in S. Texas, as it was in the 50's and 60's?
I recall that the odds of taking a 200"bc trophy back then was one per 50,000. Has that ratio improved because of High fence ranches?
So how do hunters feel about having a better opportunity to get a BIG ONE even on a High Fence ranch or would they be just as happy with a little average one on a low fence ranch, just because it is conceived as more fair, WHY?

Good Lord can you not read?

Because one is hunting and one is shooting animals in a pen. Is it all about size of antlers to you HF guys? Is fair chase not a consideration in hunting anymore?Crap just buy a mount at an estate sale and hang it on the wall then.

High Fence Ranch = $$$$$ thats all it is about is $$$... People pay big $$ to kill big deer. ... They don't care if it is in a 5 acre pen as long as it looks like the picture that was emailed to them and it is breathing before they shoot it. . . . . Times have changed my friend.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: don k] #4260280 05/16/13 10:30 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
This poor old dead horse must be a Zombie. You just can't kill it. I know of HF ranches where most that bad mouth them would get lost and probably sh*t themselves to death crying for momma before they could find their way out. Most that are bad mouthing HF were probably born on pavement and have never even hunted LF without a guide.

We are certainly living in a bizarre universe when the HF guys talk smack to those that hunt fair chase. You HF shooters are the mountain men and the fair chase guys are city boys now? roflmao

A few posts above the point is how easy the HF is and wondering why all the fuss about fairness?

You HF apologists will say anything. That's all I can come up with.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4260284 05/16/13 10:31 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Bottom line who gives a damn just hunt up

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4260369 05/16/13 11:02 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

We are certainly living in a bizarre universe when the HF guys talk smack to those that hunt fair chase. You HF shooters are the mountain men and the fair chase guys are city boys now? roflmao

A few posts above the point is how easy the HF is and wondering why all the fuss about fairness?

That shows you can't come up with much. Like I said before I know HF ranches if you were dumped in th middleof it with out your phone,gps or compass you would probably cry youself to death before finding your way out.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Navasot] #4260386 05/16/13 11:11 PM
P
PWT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Navasot
I only hunt the best fences...the ones that arnt mine

this

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: PWT] #4260390 05/16/13 11:14 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Neither is better, but they are both better than not hunting. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: dogcatcher] #4260412 05/16/13 11:31 PM
A
Aggieivy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Agreed. This (repeat) thread is the dumbest argument that keeps coming around. Maybe we should argue gun v. bow and trash talk each other about fair chase. This is hunting--not philosophy class.

BTW, I pay more per acre for my low fence lease in South Texas than I ever did hunting high fence leases in East Texas.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: don k] #4260423 05/16/13 11:35 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

That shows you can't come up with much. Like I said before I know HF ranches if you were dumped in th middleof it with out your phone,gps or compass you would probably cry youself to death before finding your way out.

No it just shows you talk chit to people you don't know a thing about is all.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4260462 05/16/13 11:53 PM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
HF rocks and LF is for Obama supporters. We should all have a fair advantage to the same deer. PFFFFFFFFFFFFF Get real and get over it. I have hunted LF ranches that were less of a challange than hunting a zoo dang near. Just get in the woods, who gives a rats azz how tall the fence is.

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: rifleman] #4260468 05/16/13 11:55 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: jshouse
Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
I'll take a free range 160 over any HF buck any day of the week.

well dagum, me too! anyone know where i could find one?

Probably @ your feeder this year in July-Sept...until he goes on vacation until march.

...we gonna shock the world!

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4260494 05/17/13 12:06 AM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

I have probably forgot more than you will ever know.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: don k] #4260497 05/17/13 12:07 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
popcorn

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BMD] #4260507 05/17/13 12:13 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
So if I dropped off in this HF ranch...can I shoot whatever to survive until I get bored and follow the fence until it hits the gate & rd...or air strip....

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: rifleman] #4260511 05/17/13 12:16 AM
Big Tony Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I hate all fences 'cause I hate openin' gates. grin

"A hunt based only on trophies taken, falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be." -Fred Bear
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: don k] #4260530 05/17/13 12:20 AM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

I have probably forgot more than you will ever know.[/quote]

Like anyone could ever know that.

Last edited by jshouse; 05/17/13 12:20 AM.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: rifleman] #4260532 05/17/13 12:20 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
So if I dropped off in this HF ranch...can I shoot whatever to survive until I get bored and follow the fence until it hits the gate & rd...or air strip....

LOL!!! It really sounds scary doesnt it!! confused2

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: dogcatcher] #4260541 05/17/13 12:24 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Amen to that!!! To each their own. Just get out and have fun. And take a kid hunting or fishing its the best thing my dad ever did for me.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOONER] #4260619 05/17/13 12:53 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: BOONER

LOL!!! It really sounds scary doesnt it!! confused2

Finding water in that barren country would be the biggest prob.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: rifleman] #4260661 05/17/13 01:12 AM
T
trjscout Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
just do like the illegals do walk the high line wires that dead end at the deer camp and then party like rockstars then keep heading north

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Rob Lay] #4260839 05/17/13 02:05 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
The fact that many have to ask that question is a sad testament to the state of hunting in Texas.....

It isn't even worth discussing. Fun for the first couple pages and first couple threads, then it gets old. You have to remember especially in the off season there are mostly land owners, game managers, and brokers active on THF. They have a more vested interest in the high fence story line, understandable. Low fence hunters like us are challenged for our beliefs, it is bad for business to have "low fence only" hunters like us expressing personal opinions. Certainly there are plenty of opinions allowed pro-high fence and I think that is perfectly fine. I'm fine with THF if they keep a balanced approach and allow respectful opinions from both sides equally, shouldn't be any preference. You can have an opinion on your own side without being a jerk and expecting everyone else to have your same opinion. I'm fine if others want to hunt HF.

Correction!!!!

No body is challeged for their beliefs until they bast other peoples beleifs.

Just an FYI.

Both have their purpose. Blasting one over the other is stupid, especially when it does effect you in any way

I fault no man or women for highfencing their ranch after all its their damn land they paid for it not me. I hunt low fence, high fence, private, public, state, and federal every year.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4260861 05/17/13 02:09 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
My opinion is that the sky is lime green.....and photoperiod has jack diddly squat to do with triggering teal migration......

they can be wrong as heck. grin:

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: trjscout] #4260862 05/17/13 02:09 AM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
This is dumb, you pay your money and please yourself, what anyone else thinks is irrelevant. If you think the LF/HF debate gets hot, try explaining hunting over a corned sendero, to a northern hunter. You'll end up on the reciving end of the same arguments the LF people use against HF hunters.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: don k] #4260878 05/17/13 02:13 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Do you say these things because that is what you would do? Don't project your fears on others just because you never mastered basic woodsman skills.

I get ya, you work hard all year, and you deserve to be driven to a nice, plush blind overlooking a feeder at exactly 100 yards while the "guide" goes to the pen to release your pre-paid, half-starved deer 400 yards away and out of sight. It makes a beeline to the feeder that just went off, you shoot a trophy, then go back and tell your wife and kids what a great hunter you are. cheers grin

LETS GO BRANDON
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide