Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics536,996
Posts9,719,279
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Turkey Hunting Mentor FOR HIRE, SERIOUSLY MUST READ!!!!!! #4122579 03/15/13 10:17 AM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Hello THF! That is "Turkey Hunting Fanatic" well if you aren't you will be after your next hunt. A lot of you here may know me and some may not. I am Keith and I am ADDICTED TO SPRING TURKEYS, and the exclamation point! (not really sure why on the !) I read year after year on here where people are looking for help to get there first turkey, or a turkey that is playing games with them and just plain ole' need help in the turkey woods. This year I have decided to offer my services as a MENTOR guide and turkey hunting coach. Are you a father who want's to get your child that first bird, but have not a clue on how to find, hunt, or harvest a wild turkey? Are you a senior who has spent your whole life chasing turkeys and just haven't figured them out? Or are you just not any good at calling and need help on how to talk to the turkeys?

I am all for people getting out to the outdoors and I have not found a better way to do so in this world than turkey hunting. I have been hunting turkeys for 23 years now and they have thrown everything at me including sticks (literally limb's and sticks fell off the tree onto us when they roosted in the tree we had made a fly up call under - and yes I can post the video). I am not offering the services of a guide (which is take you to kill a turkey) - yes we will be hunting and hopefully killing - but my services are as a mentor/coach. I want to help the people who really want to learn and want to get into turkey hunting but just do not have the right person to show them. I know you are probably thinking well I can learn it all on youtube - well you are wrong there. It takes years and hundreds of blown setups to truly understand what it takes to successfully hunt and harvest a smart tom. We will go over Why we hunt?, scouting, ambush, runnin' and gunnin', how to hunt certain areas and birds, calling, communicating with birds, the right equipment and clothing to get it done, cleaning and processing from the field to the dinner table, when to hunt turkeys and when to leave them alone, how to keep turkeys coming to or on your property(the importance of pressure), scenarios and how to keep from blowin' the hunt, by the end of the hunt you are gonna be so crammed full of turkey information as you would from the internet except we are gonna play em' out in real life!

I changed over from hunter to guide roughly 8-10 year's ago and it makes my day when I turn another person into a turkey hunter or the smile that comes on there face when that bird is strutting at a couple feet from there leg. To watch them shake right out of their shoes when a big longbeard blasts our ears with a thundering gobble at five yards. Nothing like it in the world I promise you.

I am not offering land to hunt on nor do I have any land for you to hunt on. Your land, your bird's, your hunt! If you want to pay for a guided hunt I will meet you at the ranch, If you have a lease I will meet you at your lease, If you own your own land I will meet your at your own land. I will meet you where you have set out to hunt turkey's and from the second we shake hands turkey class is in session.

If you are seriously interested in this opportunity then please contact me and we will arrange a conversation to set up your hunt. If you do not even have anything to hunt turkeys I most likely have it for youth and adults, guns clothes, etc. I shoot pic's with a canon sx30IS which is a very clear long range camera and it will go on each hunt with me and you may supply an SD card that you can keep at the end of the hunt. Campfire pic's to pic's of the gun pointing at the turkey's head you name it I can shoot it.

I may also be interested in just straight guiding a little if you don't want to carry decoys, calls, bags, turkeys etc. or if you want to spend more time with friends or family and leave the hunting work up to someone else for you to relax more.

Here are a few threads and pic's of past hunts and hunters I have guided. These hunter's range from 5yo first timers to world record holding professional hunters.

This thread was from the little girl I took to LBJ. Her father has already written me this year and is getting her out youth weekend. She is hooked for life and they are introducing other youth hunter's this year as well I hear.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...Kei#Post2213510

This was my stepson's first ever turkey hunt from last season and he to is pullin' my pant leg anxiously waiting for that truck to point towards the lease.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...ive#Post3123787
learning to shoot

scouting

the hunt

and a little squirrel hunting on the side

Here are a few people I have hunted with and guided throughout year's on public and private land and they will all tell you that they are hooked on turkey hunting after hunting with me.
You may have seen this guy on an episode of Mississippi outdoor's with Troy Ruiz. His name is Tim, he came to hunt with me all the way from MS for 3 day's to get his 1st rio and we put down four gobbler's in 2.5 day's on LBJ grasslands. Two of which are on this video and another is pictured below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FhRfN3rs3U

This young man named Zach is here on the forum and literally didn't have anybody to take him hunting so his mother dropped him off to me and we set out for two day's and he smashed this 4 bearded gobbler in west tx's and is a seasoned turkey hunter now hunting and harvesting bird's on his own after 2 day's with me. His next hunt he went on was a solo and he harvested a tough bird out on LBJ all by himself.
[img]http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/teamtejas/658531590998-1.jpg[/img]

Some of you muzzleloader hunter's may know this man for his 40+ record book animal's in the longhunter book which includes the 2nd largest grizzly bear ever with a muzzleloader. Check the book's Shockey has more book animal's but eric's are higher. Also the owner of Antler Picasso where he is right this second in the midwest shed hunting for his masterpieces. Never has been a huge turkey hunter but he came to me and said he needed a giant rio to have all four species in his trophy room. Took 8 day's on several places but we got him a monster for the wall. Here is the video as we had to wait this bird out in a stand after scouting camera reports, called at the bird twice to let him know where we were then put it to him with the 12 gauge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m73_Y5NzIQ
[img]http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/teamtejas/658536890998-1.jpg[/img]

"I have albums full of great pictures from successful harvests, but it really takes books to record successful hunts" -Keith Aikens. Because ultimately it is the mark the hunt leaves on you and the stories to be told that keep you going back. Sure a big kill is great and all but I have had some of my greatest most memorable moments in the woods when there wasn't even a weapon in my hand. It's hanging stands with your dad or buddies and scouting new terrain or sitting around the fire telling the day's tales.

Please feel free to contact with any question or for more detail's. Keith Aikens (817)420-0384

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Re: Turkey Hunting Mentor FOR HIRE, SERIOUSLY MUST READ!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4127088 03/17/13 09:58 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Just to clear it up NO I AM NOT HUNTING NOR WANTING TO HUNT. Strictly guiding and teaching!

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide