Print Thread
Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? #4115303 03/12/13 12:36 AM
T
TheLefthander Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
Consider this. Lots of folks from the Midwest and the Northeast are moving out of the big cities there and moving to Texas and Colorado. Jobs, opportunities, wide open spaces, etc. Those who chose Colorado are liberals from the Northeast who want to raise their kids in a better place...but when they get there, they are still liberals, and vote in these Democrats who are now putting in the worst gun control measures anywhere. Texas has been more fortunate. Most of those who move to Texas share the same values and the same beliefs of those already there. God bless Texas.

Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: TheLefthander] #4115338 03/12/13 12:53 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You better hope it stays that way, but at the rate they'er coming I doubt it will, I sure hope I'm wrong.

🍻
Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: TheLefthander] #4115348 03/12/13 12:59 AM
10ring Offline
Tracker
Tracker
For the most part people who made big $ during the real estate boom of the 90's and early 2000's wanted to live the lifestyle they enjoyed while on vacation in Colorado and now they could afford it with all of the money they were making in their home states of California, Illinois, Florida etc... with all of the new residents to the state came new jobs and opportunities. It was truly a new gold rush back then. Unfortunately all of the big city folk that moved to Colorado to get away from the problems of the big city were part of the problem and brought those problems with em to Colorado. Once these people populated the urban areas and the cities of the Eastern slope they strong armed their way into politics and changed everything. I'd just like to say "be careful of how hospitable and how much you stand with open arms inviting everyone to Texas" because believe it or not it could happen here...

Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: 10ring] #4115438 03/12/13 01:25 AM
O
Octopiston Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
Most are moving to the Austin area. They'll eventually spread out and ruin the rest of the state too.

Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: TheLefthander] #4115519 03/12/13 01:50 AM
Core-Lokt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I recall recently reading about how Colorado was targeted for a blue (Democrat) coup. This organization that I can't remember the name of gamed the demographics and voting patterns of Coloradans and selected candidates and funded them. They also fund initiatives.

Net result is that all they had to do was capture metropolitan areas to sway important elections. Given the prevailing attitudes of places like Boulder and Denver, they essentially just tweaked stuff rather than wholesale change.

The bad news is they are strategizing other states; Texas included. Between Democrat/complicit Republican stealth amnesty and the unchecked influx of illegal aliens, they think it well within reason. Hispanics are overwhelmingly liberal and are being encouraged by those already here and the government to belly up to the trough of entitlements, thus ensuring a captive voter base. This is why conservative Hispanics like Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are badly needed by Republicans.

Core-Lokt:The deadliest mushroom in the woods
Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: Core-Lokt] #4115611 03/12/13 02:17 AM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Yep, the blue in Texas is creeping up from the south. It's only a matter of time.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: 10ring] #4115795 03/12/13 03:16 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: 10ring
For the most part people who made big $ during the real estate boom of the 90's and early 2000's wanted to live the lifestyle they enjoyed while on vacation in Colorado and now they could afford it with all of the money they were making in their home states of California, Illinois, Florida etc... with all of the new residents to the state came new jobs and opportunities. It was truly a new gold rush back then. Unfortunately all of the big city folk that moved to Colorado to get away from the problems of the big city were part of the problem and brought those problems with em to Colorado. Once these people populated the urban areas and the cities of the Eastern slope they strong armed their way into politics and changed everything. I'd just like to say "be careful of how hospitable and how much you stand with open arms inviting everyone to Texas" because believe it or not it could happen here...
I believe this is true. Same thing is happening in the Texas hill country. I should say, it's been happening for a few years, hence the upswing in prices for the area.

Last edited by Erathkid; 03/12/13 03:19 AM.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: TheLefthander] #4116235 03/12/13 01:00 PM
S
stinkbelly Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: TheLefthander
Consider this. Lots of folks from the Midwest and the Northeast are moving out of the big cities there and moving to Texas and Colorado. Jobs, opportunities, wide open spaces, etc. Those who chose Colorado are liberals from the Northeast who want to raise their kids in a better place...but when they get there, they are still liberals, and vote in these Democrats who are now putting in the worst gun control measures anywhere. Texas has been more fortunate. Most of those who move to Texas share the same values and the same beliefs of those already there. God bless Texas.

I have to disagree about the Texas part. From what I have seen, the majority of those moving to Texas want to change it to they way they want it and not leave it like it is.

Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: stinkbelly] #4116602 03/12/13 03:36 PM
G
gogoat_1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
Originally Posted By: TheLefthander

I have to disagree about the Texas part. From what I have seen, the majority of those moving to Texas want to change it to they way they want it and not leave it like it is.

X2 I am a proud born and raised Texan but I fear we are going to turn blue much quicker than any of us anticipated. Every time someone says Not in Texas or thank God I live in Texas I cringe. I cringe at the fact that so many think we are untouchable. We are not!

Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: gogoat_1] #4117129 03/12/13 08:14 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Everyone should forget about the folk moving in from the north and concentrate of the settlers from the south. Next Governor will have a Spanish surname. Possibly El Loco Bushenero.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: blackcoal] #4117215 03/12/13 08:54 PM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Texas will be the next Colorada AND within the next 10 years.

Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: JESmith] #4118841 03/13/13 03:05 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Only if we allow it to. I'll ask forum members, what have you done to voice your opinion or concern to your elected officials? How many of you acted on the Ruger thread that was posted on this forum? All you had to do was fill out your name, address,email and it automatically sent out letters to all your elected officials in the district you live in. I've received letters from all of them informing me that they will protect my 2nd amendment rights.
Originally Posted By: JESmith

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 03/13/13 03:05 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4118851 03/13/13 03:10 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Only if we allow it to. I'll ask forum members, what have you done to voice your opinion or concern to your elected officials? How many of you acted on the Ruger thread that was posted on this forum? All you had to do was fill out your name, address,email and it automatically sent out letters to all your elected officials in the district you live in. I've received letters from all of them informing me that they will protect my 2nd amendment rights.
Originally Posted By: JESmith

As usual, I DID...again! But I didn't use the Ruger site. Mine go in personal letters in a stamped envelope with a real signature.....

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Why is Colorado going one way and Texas another? [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4118905 03/13/13 03:35 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Even better Hunt n Fish!

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Previous Thread