Print Thread
Any News On New Gun Legislation For Texas ? #4113307 03/11/13 01:32 AM
E
E-Cigrettman Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
E
Just a thought but with all the craziness going on I was wandering if we could/should make a sticky or something to keep at the top of this page with names and numbers of our Texas representatives and updates as to whats going on with new legislation ?

Re: Any News On New Gun Legislation For Texas ? [Re: E-Cigrettman] #4113368 03/11/13 01:59 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
From a mods point of view and what I see with stickys in sub forums. They get missed. Stale. Looked at seldom in drive bys. And ignored once the discussion gets stale. Legislature is not static and constantly changing. Needs to contact lawmakers is usually time critical. I feel we would get more participation by bringing up each new issue iin real time and calling for action as needed in active posts.

Re: Any News On New Gun Legislation For Texas ? [Re: Sniper John] #4113411 03/11/13 02:18 AM
E
E-Cigrettman Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
E
Understood. I am the type guy that seems to miss out on a lot and in these times there are some things I don't want to miss.
Some of the things may not pertain to me but then again its not really all about me. I have children and one day I hope to be a grand parent and with that said I feel a responsibility to do my part to help preserve a bright future rather than the dark one I forsee .

Re: Any News On New Gun Legislation For Texas ? [Re: E-Cigrettman] #4113434 03/11/13 02:25 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Join, support, and use your Texas State Rifle Association as a real time source of information. A full list of current Bills is on this page. At the TSRA site you can individually click the links to each bill and follow it's progress.

http://www.tsrapac.com/

You can also sign up on that page for email alerts.

The 83rd Session of the Texas Legislature

Gun Bills Filed in the Texas Legislature

83rd Session of the Texas Legislature

Go to the State site to read bill history, do your own research for other legislation of interest, for who represents you, for House and Senate members and committees. You can watch live committee hearings and floor debate and sign up for alerts for bill movement at:

Texas Legislature On Line

Personal Protection for Adult Students, Faculty and Staff onTexas College and University Campuses

**SB 182 by Sen. Birdwell/ HB 972 by Rep. Allen Fletcher Contains the comprehensive language, developed by the House and the Senate over previous legislative sessions.

HB 706 by Rep. Giovanni Capriglione Similar to the version above.

HB 1313 by Rep. Brandon Creighton Similar to the version above but impacts public colleges and universities only.

HB 1077 by Rep. Tim Kleinschmidt prohibits a college or university from creating rules restricting students from storing firearms in their own personal locked vehicles, similar to what now protects college faculty and staff from anti-gun employment policies.

HB 1078 by Rep. Tim Kleinschmidt would decriminalize the carrying of a handgun into a college or university building for those with a concealed handgun license.

Open Carry

HB 700 by Rep. George Lavender would allow the holstered open carry of a handgun with a concealed carry license.

HB 1194 by Rep. Chris Paddie similar to HB 700 above.

SB 299 by Sen. Estes/HB 1304 by Rep. Sheets provides language to clarify the unintentional display of a firearm by a concealed handgun licensee.

School Safety-Related Measures

HB 223 by Rep. Huberty would further clarify the procedure for allowing School Board Members with CHLs to carry into School Board meetings.

HB 1009 by Rep. Villalba would create in statute a school marshal.

HB 1298 by Rep. Stickland attempts to clarify school activities with regards to concealed handgun licensees.

Concealed Carry Updates

HB 47 by Rep. Dan Flynn would reduce the number of hours for the initial CHL class. Expect a committee substitute with the change "not less than four or more than six", not to include the range proficiency exam.

HB 153 by Rep. Van Taylor would set intoxication for a CHL at .08 blood-alcohol, the same for a motorist.

HB 508 by Rep. Ryan Guillen prohibits cities, counties, and other governmental entities from the improper and unenforceable posting of the PC 30.06 sign and imposes a fine.

HB 663 by Rep. Gonzales would extend the term of a CHL license for those deployed and out of the country.

HB 698 by Rep.Springer requires access to digital fingerprinting not more than 25 miles from the applicant's residence.

SB 299 by Sen. Estes/HB 1304 by Rep. Sheets further clarifies and protects CHLs who unintentionally display their handgun as mentioned above.

Other Pro-Gun Legislation

SB 343 by Sen. Estes/HB 1421 by Rep. Perry provides law enforcement agencies an option in statute to sell confiscated firearms to a federal firearm dealer (FFL) instead of destroying. After the cost of the sale and any other related charges, funds could stay with that law enforcement agency.

HB 333 by Rep. Guillen requires hotels and motels to provide advance notice if they prohibit firearms.

HB 553 by Rep. Otto takes steps to prevent the effects of certain anti-gun federal laws.

HB 627 by Rep. Krause takes steps to lessen the effects of certain anti-gun federal laws

HB 1049 by Rep. Laubenberg takes steps to lessen the effects of certain anti-gun federal laws.

HB 1076 by Rep. Toth takes steps to remedy the effects of certain anti-gun federal laws.

HB 1314 by Rep. Creighton takes steps to remedy the effects of certain anti-gun federal laws.

Re: Any News On New Gun Legislation For Texas ? [Re: Sniper John] #4114107 03/11/13 02:29 PM
P
pigplinker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Thanks Sniper John.. up

Re: Any News On New Gun Legislation For Texas ? [Re: Sniper John] #4114776 03/11/13 08:31 PM
E
E-Cigrettman Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
E
X2 on the Thanks !! Info like that is just what I was looking for.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide