Page 1 of 2 1 2
So long Colorado #4094363 03/02/13 04:10 PM
S
Sabot Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
That state will never get another dime of my money. If you want to fork over thousands of your hard earned dollars to a state that will soon ban many common firearms including the 870 pump, be my guest. The California Commies have finally turned that place blue, and majestic or not, there are other states worth spending time and money in that respect our rights and freedoms.

If I had a hunt booked non-refundable, I'd be pissed. Luckily I don't.

Guys, I apologize for the rant, but we need to start thinking real hard about remaining apathetic as our rights are openly infringed. Money talks.

Re: So long Colorado [Re: Sabot] #4094370 03/02/13 04:14 PM
moderno Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I decided in 1975 after I went that I would never go back, and haven't.

Bartender, bring me anything except brake fluid, cause I don't plan on stopping!
Re: So long Colorado [Re: moderno] #4094401 03/02/13 04:28 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I may give 'em enough for a 5 day fishin' license, but I stopped hunting there some time back. I thought about making another trip but they have too many hoops to jump through and the cost is out of sight.....With their current views on firearms I'll probably just write 'em off.

If enough out of state hunters stop going they will see a severe decline in generated hunting revenue!

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: So long Colorado [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4094427 03/02/13 04:38 PM
A
assassinator Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
I encourage all non residens to quit applying to Colorado. I might actually be able to draw a tag then. peep

Re: So long Colorado [Re: assassinator] #4094479 03/02/13 05:01 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: assassinator
I encourage all non residens to quit applying to Colorado. I might actually be able to draw a tag then. peep

Just an FYI - There are Elk & Deer in a lot of other states which are more gun friendly......

http://www.rmef.org/Conservation/WhereWeConserve.aspx?elkrange=true&projects=false

http://www.createstrat.com/muledeerinthewest/ecoregions.html

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: So long Colorado [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4094514 03/02/13 05:23 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
There'll be some hunting exclusions on gun laws...not enough $ in a lot of CO counties to be messing with their cash cow.

Re: So long Colorado [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4094535 03/02/13 05:33 PM
A
assassinator Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Just an FYI - There are Elk & Deer in a lot of other states which are more gun friendly......

http://www.rmef.org/Conservation/WhereWeConserve.aspx?elkrange=true&projects=false

http://www.createstrat.com/muledeerinthewest/ecoregions.html

I am very aware of where elk and deer live. I am currently applying in 5 different states.

Re: So long Colorado [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4094536 03/02/13 05:34 PM
A
assassinator Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
I may give 'em enough for a 5 day fishin' license, but I stopped hunting there some time back. I thought about making another trip but they have too many hoops to jump through and the cost is out of sight.....With their current views on firearms I'll probably just write 'em off.

If enough out of state hunters stop going they will see a severe decline in generated hunting revenue!

Just an FYI there are other states that have fish

Re: So long Colorado [Re: assassinator] #4094579 03/02/13 06:07 PM
G
GreenAggie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
popcorn

Re: So long Colorado [Re: assassinator] #4094587 03/02/13 06:13 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H

Just an FYI there are other states that have fish

Tacky, tacky - but good point!

If you read my post it says "I may" - didn't say "I would".

Sure there are other states with fish, but they don't have my friends living close by who I like to visit during the summer and we may or may not go fishing. Besides a 5 day license doesn't even come close to bringing in revenue to the state when compared to an Elk or Deer tag. Also I don't have to worry about finding a place to fish or paying up front to get in a draw.

Small spinning rod or fly rod doesn't take up much room in the truck either. It's not like I'm traveling 900 miles with a load of gear specifically to catch a fish. He likes to hunt too, but I quit going because of costs and really won't consider again it if Colorado dumps on gun owners. Now maybe if they ban ultra-lite spinning gear or fly rods I might write them off on that too! up

HnF

Re: So long Colorado [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4094614 03/02/13 06:37 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
After actually reading the deal, I can still take my canons to CO to kill their animals.

Re: So long Colorado [Re: rifleman] #4094623 03/02/13 06:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: rifleman
After actually reading the deal, I can still take my canons to CO to kill their animals.

I think I can still take my stick and string. .. CO is a perfect example of how urbanization can be the majority. Unfortantly look at who our elected officials are in Dallas and Houston

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 03/02/13 06:48 PM.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: So long Colorado [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4094628 03/02/13 06:45 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
That's why any time a politician comes out of Houston, Dallas...or SA that's already 3 strikes against them in my book.

Re: So long Colorado [Re: rifleman] #4094653 03/02/13 07:05 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
The OP is right, though. We all have to stand together and make a statement. You may not particularly care about standard capacity magazines or ARs, but what do you think is next on their list?

We need to make a stand now, or we will all watch ALL of our gun rights get eroded incrementally, little by little.

[Linked Image]
Re: So long Colorado [Re: rifleman] #4094675 03/02/13 07:22 PM
A
assassinator Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
Spending a week in the state fishing or hunting is still spending money in the state. My brother lives in Colorado, so I always have a reason to go. Colorado is still the only state with an over the counter elk tag for non residents. As long as they dont ban my bow, muzzle-loader, or 30-06 I will still go.

Re: So long Colorado [Re: assassinator] #4094684 03/02/13 07:30 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Spending a week in the state fishing or hunting is still spending money in the state. My brother lives in Colorado, so I always have a reason to go. Colorado is still the only state with an over the counter elk tag for non residents. As long as they dont ban my bow, muzzle-loader, or 30-06 I will still go.

That's exactly why 90% of America thinks the 2A is about protecting hunting rights.

[Linked Image]
Re: So long Colorado [Re: kry226] #4094810 03/02/13 09:00 PM
A
assassinator Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
I hope 90% of America thinks thinks the 2nd A is about more than hunting, I sure do. I dont agree with any thing Colorado is doing.

I should have said I will still go to Colorado because of family. I will still hunt where ever I can, with whatever weapons are legal. flag

Re: So long Colorado [Re: kry226] #4094820 03/02/13 09:05 PM
S
Sabot Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
for me, this is purely a matter of principle. i think the place is just beutiful and will miss it.

There is very little that we can do to help our colorado brothers other than to boycott their state. We can't vote there and we can't shout down the urban majorities in online forums, but we can with hold our dollars. Maybe it will make an impact and maybe it won't. The folks pushing these agenda's are taking a diliberate, step by step approach to dismantling our rights and heritage and we better stand up now.

Think I'm over-dramatic? Look me up in 10 years when you can't hunt with lead in your ammo in Colorado, and millions more acres of YOUR national forest are closed to protect a rare beetle, and wolves are decimating elk herds, and monofilament fishing line is banned because it's not biodegradable. All you guys that think this fight is somebody elses because you don't own an AR15...YOUR apathy will seal your own fate. Enjoy whatever hobbies you have that you are sure nobody would ever go after...and then find a new hobby when these same people get to yours on their list.

Re: So long Colorado [Re: rifleman] #4095973 03/03/13 01:43 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
The key word in your post is politician. Until we start electing real people in these positions, it doesn't matter where they come from, some just suck more than others.
That's why any time a politician comes out of Houston, Dallas...or SA that's already 3 strikes against them in my book.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: So long Colorado [Re: Sabot] #4095992 03/03/13 01:51 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I agree that apathy will guarantee a withering away of rights.
I would like to see us try to support our fellow outdoorsman and outfitters in Colorado other than not giving them any business. Perhaps we could boycott their hotels, ski resorts, airlines, other business, commerce instead?
Originally Posted By: Sabot
for me, this is purely a matter of principle. i think the place is just beutiful and will miss it.

There is very little that we can do to help our colorado brothers other than to boycott their state. We can't vote there and we can't shout down the urban majorities in online forums, but we can with hold our dollars. Maybe it will make an impact and maybe it won't. The folks pushing these agenda's are taking a diliberate, step by step approach to dismantling our rights and heritage and we better stand up now.

Think I'm over-dramatic? Look me up in 10 years when you can't hunt with lead in your ammo in Colorado, and millions more acres of YOUR national forest are closed to protect a rare beetle, and wolves are decimating elk herds, and monofilament fishing line is banned because it's not biodegradable. All you guys that think this fight is somebody elses because you don't own an AR15...YOUR apathy will seal your own fate. Enjoy whatever hobbies you have that you are sure nobody would ever go after...and then find a new hobby when these same people get to yours on their list.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: So long Colorado [Re: kry226] #4096030 03/03/13 02:13 PM
K
kleinwild Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Originally Posted By: kry226

That's exactly why 90% of America thinks the 2A is about protecting hunting rights.

The 2nd amendment has ZERO to do with hunting. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"2 lines you should never cross....horizontal and vertical"
"bolt actions speak louder than words"
"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

Re: So long Colorado [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4096193 03/03/13 03:21 PM
S
Sabot Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I agree that apathy will guarantee a withering away of rights.
I would like to see us try to support our fellow outdoorsman and outfitters in Colorado other than not giving them any business. Perhaps we could boycott their hotels, ski resorts, airlines, other business, commerce instead?
Originally Posted By: Sabot

It's difficult to weigh the consequences that a state boycott will have on our Colo brethern in the outdoors biz. The intent is not to punish them for the actions of their elected officials. However, when the outfitters and guides begin to feel the pinch, they will certainly have more of a motivation to band together and pressure their legislature.

Freedom isn't free, and an unfortunate side effect of the process will collateral damage. I would certainly respect anyone who continues to support an outfitter they have a long standing relationship with.

However, look at what Magpul is doing. Just because the top dogs can move out of state, many of their beloved employees won't have that option and will lose their jobs when Magpul pulls out. The price of standing for your principles is costly and the ripple effect is real, but if the line is not drawn somewhere, this stuff will continue to snowball.

Re: So long Colorado [Re: Sabot] #4096285 03/03/13 04:02 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Only way to win this deal is to tell the country bumpkins to start churning out babies like hot cakes so they can vote. These Colorado laws are happening along the heavily populated areas of I-25 which is very similar to our I-35...But I guess punishing your allies in Podunk CO is a good way to stick it to the urbanites. Would be like boycotting a gas station in Dalhart to stick it to the folks in Austin

Re: So long Colorado [Re: rifleman] #4096292 03/03/13 04:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Only way to win this deal is to tell the country bumpkins to start churning out babies like hot cakes so they can vote. These Colorado laws are happening along the heavily populated areas of I-25 which is very similar to our I-35...But I guess punishing your allies in Podunk CO is a good way to stick it to the urbanites. Would be like boycotting a gas station in Dalhart to stick it to the folks in Austin

X2

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: So long Colorado [Re: Sabot] #4096322 03/03/13 04:19 PM
10ring Offline
Tracker
Tracker
How's the line in that song go? "You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything"...

Colorado is a good representation of the entire nation but on the state level, where the entire state falls victim to the wants, needs and wishes of Denver, Colorado Springs and Boulder. The population and the voting power of those three areas far outweighs the the voting power of the rest of the state especially the Western Slope. Much like the Nation falls victim to the voting power of certain states like NY, OH, IL, CA etc.

You will be hard pressed to find a state more divided among it's residents than Colorado. The divide between the classes and the economic structures is huge. And when you throw in the true animosity between the East and West slope "another divide" you have a recipe for disaster. I was born and raised in Colorado and I'm part of 4 generations of Colorado Western Slope Natives. We saw this getting worse by the decade and try as we may and with lobbying and fighting as hard as we could we could never impact the outcome of issues like this going all the way back into the 60's and 70' on issues ranging from water and grazing rights to gas taxes and hunting regulations. The list goes on.... Colorado is dead to me. My family left in the 90's and we've never looked back, other than returning to hunt but that stopped a couple of years ago too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide