Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thief made trip to lease...... #4088800 02/28/13 11:40 AM
W
westexhunter Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
W
last trip to lease found 6 batteries missing from our campers, plug in cords for campers and about 15 sheets of plywood, really who would steal the plywood, freaking low lifes!!! anyone else had similar situation?? this was east afton area in dickens county

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: westexhunter] #4088803 02/28/13 11:44 AM
C
CitySlickerHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Sorry to hear it.

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: CitySlickerHunter] #4088830 02/28/13 12:06 PM
kmon11 Offline
junior
junior
I hate thieves

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: kmon11] #4088842 02/28/13 12:12 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Lowlifes - probably Meth heads!

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4088846 02/28/13 12:14 PM
moderno Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bartender, bring me anything except brake fluid, cause I don't plan on stopping!
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4088867 02/28/13 12:34 PM
K
kamolaw Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
Lowlifes - probably Meth heads!
Yep...your batteries sold at salvage yard, your cords stripped for the copper again at salvage yard. Plywood either traded for meth or used for makeshift meth lab. Crackheads wouldnt be out on your lease but methmonkeys are a scourge on hunters in remote locations. You should see what they do to a oil or gas well site. Once they get on the meth they become zombies...make sure you have some zombie ammo...

I dont shoot innocent animals...only the ones that bare thier teeth at me... Semper Fi
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: kamolaw] #4088942 02/28/13 01:28 PM
Q
quackaholic1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Q
rifle

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: quackaholic1] #4089077 02/28/13 02:16 PM
S
smokewagon84 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Yes...they took our game cam's.....low lifes

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: smokewagon84] #4089122 02/28/13 02:27 PM
S
sillyhorses Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Everyone needs to hide a game-cam at your camp & try to get a pic of what goes on when you're not there. I'll bet some of us would be surprised as to who/what is sneaking around the campfire! Set up a camera on the driveway out of camp as well, hopefully to get a license plate number.

Sorry for your loss. Guys, you all can't blame the meth'ers without any evidence - could be someone you last would expect being the culprit.

I'm heading to my camp this weekend, & going to strip the cabin of all valuables for the off-season.

Dryberry was the last lake God created and it took the entire seventh day.
Dryberry Lake Sioux Narrows, Ontario, Canada (a.k.a. Heaven)
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: quackaholic1] #4089127 02/28/13 02:30 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Several years ago I had over $14,000 worth of dirt bikes, atv's and a 3day old new trailer stolen by some meth heads. Police did what they could but in the end I had to find them myself...and I did. They worked for Ringo drilling out of Tye. I went up there to beat some serious azz, unfortunately they were not there. With the exception of the office crew, the rest of the guys I saw, about 10 of them, were all tweekers. Skinny as a toothpick, rotted teeth, the whole shabang.
My biggest mistake was telling the police...because then, nothing got done. The 3 guys got a slap on the wrist, served no jail time, were not made to pay restitution, and were only charged with misdemeanor theft. Whoopty-doo, big freaking deal! I'll never go to the police for something like that again. If I find them first again, they're butts are mine...and I don't give slaps on the wrist!

Point being...with the massive increase in oil activity, I would expect this to happen more often out here in west and northwest Texas. Most oil companies are NOT like this, but there are a few of the smaller drillers and support companies that will hire anyone with a heartbeat. If you have a drilling rig within 10 miles of your lease, I would set up a game cam or two in areas that could overlook your camp to take pics of thieves and druggies. Ringo drilling is not indicative of most oil related businesses, but there are still quite a few out there just like them who have meth users on their payroll and don't care.

And yes, I did get 14K worth of satisfaction out of it, but that's a different story.........

Last edited by Dragonuv; 02/28/13 02:32 PM.
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Dragonuv] #4089227 02/28/13 03:07 PM
X
Xman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
X
I was talking to a rancher in Arizona one time who told me his most valuable tool against thieves and trespassers was his backhoe. I did not ask him why.

Shoot ... Reload ... Shoot ... Call 911
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Xman] #4089240 02/28/13 03:11 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Xman
I was talking to a rancher in Arizona one time who told me his most valuable tool against thieves and trespassers was his backhoe. I did not ask him why.

Bury 'em deep!

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Dragonuv] #4089263 02/28/13 03:21 PM
X
Xman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
X
I think that if I lived in Arizona I would have one too even if it was a push start crawler or had a pull rope like a B&S

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Xman] #4089278 02/28/13 03:26 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
METH

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Dragonuv] #4089296 02/28/13 03:30 PM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Dragonuv
Several years ago I had over $14,000 worth of dirt bikes, atv's and a 3day old new trailer stolen by some meth heads. Police did what they could but in the end I had to find them myself...and I did. They worked for Ringo drilling out of Tye. I went up there to beat some serious azz, unfortunately they were not there. With the exception of the office crew, the rest of the guys I saw, about 10 of them, were all tweekers. Skinny as a toothpick, rotted teeth, the whole shabang.
My biggest mistake was telling the police...because then, nothing got done. The 3 guys got a slap on the wrist, served no jail time, were not made to pay restitution, and were only charged with misdemeanor theft. Whoopty-doo, big freaking deal! I'll never go to the police for something like that again. If I find them first again, they're butts are mine...and I don't give slaps on the wrist!

Point being...with the massive increase in oil activity, I would expect this to happen more often out here in west and northwest Texas. Most oil companies are NOT like this, but there are a few of the smaller drillers and support companies that will hire anyone with a heartbeat. If you have a drilling rig within 10 miles of your lease, I would set up a game cam or two in areas that could overlook your camp to take pics of thieves and druggies. Ringo drilling is not indicative of most oil related businesses, but there are still quite a few out there just like them who have meth users on their payroll and don't care.

And yes, I did get 14K worth of satisfaction out of it, but that's a different story.........

I think I'd like to hear the rest of this story.

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Trout-killer] #4089453 02/28/13 04:24 PM
C
caprocker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Last time I was at my place someone stole my 1100$ flatbed trailer and cut a 5 strand barbed wire fence...thieves these days

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Trout-killer] #4090080 02/28/13 09:09 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Trout-killer

+1

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Trout-killer] #4090081 02/28/13 09:10 PM
M
MS1454 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

Point being...with the massive increase in oil activity, I would expect this to happen more often out here in west and northwest Texas. Most oil companies are NOT like this, but there are a few of the smaller drillers
and support companies that will hire anyone with a heartbeat. If you have a drilling rig within 10 miles of your lease, I would set up a game cam or two in areas that could overlook your camp to take pics of thieves and druggies. Ringo drilling is not indicative of most oil related businesses, but there are still quite a few out there just like them who have meth users on their payroll and don't care.

Me too

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
I'll take a Black Female every time.

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: MS1454] #4090110 02/28/13 09:21 PM
A
Anew Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
Not surprised, they'll take anything they want.

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: MS1454] #4090389 02/28/13 11:23 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: MS1454

Point being...with the massive increase in oil activity, I would expect this to happen more often out here in west and northwest Texas. Most oil companies are NOT like this, but there are a few of the smaller drillers
and support companies that will hire anyone with a heartbeat. If you have a drilling rig within 10 miles of your lease, I would set up a game cam or two in areas that could overlook your camp to take pics of thieves and druggies. Ringo drilling is not indicative of most oil related businesses, but there are still quite a few out there just like them who have meth users on their payroll and don't care.

Me too

Pretty Please?????

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: MS1454] #4090511 03/01/13 12:08 AM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: MS1454

Me too

Hello Americans, I'm not Paul Harvey, but this...is The Rest of The Story.....

The guy who snitched them out and took part of the reward was a lifelong friend of the thieves, and a fellow meth head. He told me their names, took me to show me their houses and told me that they all work at Ringo Drilling together. He informed me that the main player also dealt drugs on the rigs and other sites he visited in the course of his job. His supplier was, none other than, the most feared Mexican gang in the U.S.
He had a shed in the back yard that looked like an outhouse. While out of town in Snyder for his 3day on-2day off shift, his supplier would drop off a fresh supply of meth and pot, and at the same time, pick up the cash from the previous weeks sales. They never physically saw each other during the course of the transactions. Since I had already turned the case over to DA, anything that happened to him would put me in the spotlight as a prime suspect, so I thought outside the box.........and then it hit me! What is the worst thing you could do to a druggie, and what is the worst thing that you could do to a drug dealer? Of course...you deprive him of what he loves most...his dope! And to sweeten the pot, this guy was beholden to the "Mexicans" for over $10,000 worth of drugs and cash.
So I made up a flyer with a scaled diagram of his property, his house and his shed. I wrote on the flyer in detail how much and what types of drugs he had in his shed, along with the cash that was usually kept in there. I told them which toolbox to look in, and where it was usually kept in the shed. Once I had done that, I made up 100 copies and placed them in bathrooms of the worst/roughest bars in Abilene...you know, the ones where no one speaks English and everyone is a member of a gang. After that I just waited. A few days later when he got back in town, he called me accusing me of stealing his "stuff". I laughed in his ear, called him a few choice names and hung up on him. That was the last anyone heard from him. The ADA, his probation officer, and the local street beaters had not seen hide nor hair of him since. I know he didn't skip town because his car and house were left untouched, and his wife called the probation officer looking for him, thinking he may have been picked up and jailed. My guess is that the "Mexicans" took care of him for losing $10,000 of their drugs and cash. I don't know what happened to him, and I do not want to know what happened to him.
My Dad always told me that if I work smart, I won't have to work as hard. I'll be damned if he wasn't right! All it cost me was the toner for 100 copies, $5 in gas and about 1.5hrs of my time.

...and now you know...The Rest Of The Story.....

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Dragonuv] #4090581 03/01/13 12:39 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Thanks for sharing. Now that was worth waiting for!!!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4090667 03/01/13 01:03 AM
N
n-all Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
N
Love to walk up on em in the act..with my AR..DEAD!!!

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: n-all] #4091719 03/01/13 02:26 PM
X
Xman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
X
Pay backs are hell! I think I would of taken his money first.

Re: Thief made trip to lease...... [Re: Xman] #4091913 03/01/13 03:51 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I made 2 trips to the shed, one to confirm what I had been told and one trip the same day I placed the bathroom flyers to make sure it was still there. I had thought seriously about taking the cash, but I just wouldn't feel right about it...as weird as that may seem under the circumstances, its just not my thing. I also didn't want to tip my hand by taking the cash and leaving the drugs, or he may move the drop site. The real damage was done by the drugs disappearing, and I wasn't about to touch the drugs myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide