Print Thread
Response letter from Sen. John Cornyn #4071821 02/21/13 03:51 PM
S
Stevarino Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
S
Thought I share.. One of the few responses i've received by using that Ruger auto email..

Dear Mr. XXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms laws. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter.

As a strong proponent of the Second Amendment, I believe it is essential to safeguard the law-abiding citizen's constitutional right to own and use firearms designed for legitimate purposes such as hunting, target shooting, collecting, and self-protection. Restricting this right runs counter to the intent of our Founding Fathers, who expressly guaranteed that citizens would retain the right to keep and bear arms.

It is encouraging that the Supreme Court has upheld the will of our Founders and re-affirmed the ideals our country was established upon. The Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller provides a greater guarantee that Americans' Constitutional rights remain secure from federal government intrusion. I was proud to sign an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in that case stating an individual’s right to bear arms is fundamental. This historic ruling continues to have implications far beyond the District of Columbia. In 2010, the Supreme Court decided in McDonald v. City of Chicago to strike down the arbitrary gun ban in Chicago—and thereby affirm that the Second Amendment safeguards against state and local encroachments on the fundamental right to keep and bear arms.

As a former Texas Supreme Court Justice and Attorney General, I have firsthand knowledge of crime-fighting policies that work, and I believe that citizens' Second Amendment rights should not be restricted because of the actions of criminals. Rather, we must focus our attention on the source of violent crime: criminals who use firearms to commit crimes. I believe that strictly enforcing the law—and meting out tougher sentences for career criminals and those who use firearms when committing crimes—will reduce crime more effectively than gun or equipment bans, which primarily serve to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent Texans in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will continue working with my colleagues to protect our Second Amendment rights. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

Re: Response letter from Sen. John Cornyn [Re: Stevarino] #4072052 02/21/13 05:01 PM
T
toolman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Yep, I got that one as well. Also got letters from Randy Neugebauer and Ted Cruz.

Old age ain't for sissies!

Re: Response letter from Sen. John Cornyn [Re: toolman] #4072104 02/21/13 05:14 PM
B
Bonehead Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
got the same this morning....

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."..Dr.Suess
Re: Response letter from Sen. John Cornyn [Re: Bonehead] #4073950 02/22/13 04:00 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I got one too.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Response letter from Sen. John Cornyn [Re: Grizz] #4073962 02/22/13 04:04 AM
N
notamtchance Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
I also received mine today.

If I'm not hunting something I must be dead.
Re: Response letter from Sen. John Cornyn [Re: notamtchance] #4074921 02/22/13 04:55 PM
coreybasshunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Same one yesterday!

Keep em huntin and they wont have time to get in trouble!! And remember RESPECT goes a long way!!
Re: Response letter from Sen. John Cornyn [Re: coreybasshunter] #4076426 02/23/13 03:08 AM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Yep, me too. It's a good thing...

IRON SPIKE RANCH & KENNELS
Started & Prospective Gun Dog Pups
http://www.youtube.com/ironspikeranch
http://ironspikeranch.net
Re: Response letter from Sen. John Cornyn [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #4083367 02/26/13 03:23 AM
L
LillyCreekHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Got one from Ralph Hall

Dear Mr. XXXX

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support of the Second Amendment. I always appreciate hearing from constituents in the 4th District of Texas, and I am pleased to have the opportunity to share my views with you on this important issue.

The horrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary has sparked a bitter debate over gun rights, and I know this has many of my constituents worried about how legislation might affect them, and their right to bear arms. I am and have always been a strong supporter of Second Amendment Rights.

I realize that some of my colleagues believe that new restrictive gun laws will help reduce violence. I do not feel this way and believe that this unfairly penalizes lawful gun owners.
Many of the individuals who engage in violent behavior with firearms have been shown to be suffering from mental ailments. I believe we should begin to look at solutions that improve mental healthcare by removing barriers to mental health treatment, while ensuring that individuals who ask for help are receiving the adequate treatment they need.

It is our responsibility to protect and help all citizens. Rest assured that I will continue to fight to protect the Second Amendment, as well as work hard to find effective solutions to ensure that these violent attacks do not happen again. Should you be interested in my stance on any other issue, please feel free to contact me or visit my website at www.ralphhall.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter. With kind regards, I am

Sincerely,

Ralph M. Hall
Member of Congress

HOOK 'EM
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide