Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
What would you do? #3998673 01/27/13 10:33 PM
338hunring Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
I have an issue that I need some advice about?

I have been having issues with my gear being tampered with, at first it was not significant. At first it was someone turning off my cameras, then We find an empty corn bag clogging one of my feedere.

Today I get a call tellinf me that the tops of both of my feeders were standing open when just last week they were topped off and closed.

After getting this call i went over all of the pictures that were pulled from my cameras when they were found turned off... The last 3 pictures show the self appointed lease managers gator at one of my feeders, and then a hand next tothe camera is the last picture taken.

Now I am being kicked off the lease. The reasons being used are the claim that I had not been feeding. That my blinds arent "good enough" because they require someone to put a camo cover on them to use them. Funny thing, I had actually sent all members links to the blinds i was setting up and not one person said a thing.

Im obviously going to get my gear as soon as possible. Ive also contacted the Land owner who "has left it up to the self appointed lease manager because he was the one to call and setup the lease" I have spent a lot of money on getting setup on this lease. And as life would go, I didn't even get a single hunt in this deer season...

My initial instinct is to let the sheriff handle it. I am also seriously thinking of taking the self appointed manager to small claims court. Until My feeders were found open I had honestly just planned to walk and write it off. to experience, now I am starting to feel that I deserve to be compensated for the money I have wasted...

Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #3998704 01/27/13 10:44 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
338, I feel and understand your pain. Personally, I'd chalk it up as a learning experience. You'd probably spend more in court than the return would be. Consider it kind of like dating, "never get in bed with a lady or fellow hunters that you'll regret in the morning"!

At least there are some parallels in my mind. Be leary of whom you keep as parnters!

Re: What would you do? [Re: DQ Kid] #3998782 01/27/13 11:14 PM
C
cletusbodeen Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Best thing to do is just get your stuff asap and don't look back. There are better leases to be found with better lease mates.

NRA Life Member
Re: What would you do? [Re: DQ Kid] #3998799 01/27/13 11:19 PM
338hunring Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
Its not about getting the money back, its more about teaching this loser that its not ok..

Ive informed the land owner, and to be honest I hope he has the integrity to step in and remove the loser, and allow me to keep my spots on this lease, but I wont hold my breath on that either... The thing the past few years have taught me is noone has integrity anymore, and no one is interested in doing the right thing anymore

Re: What would you do? [Re: cletusbodeen] #3998809 01/27/13 11:22 PM
338hunring Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
I wont be entering into any more leases with anyone else. This was my first lease ever, and its depressing enough that I didn't get to hunt a single day on it, but to get screwed over by the people I got sucked into joining

Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #3998817 01/27/13 11:25 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Not all leases are bad, not all are good, gotta take your time and find one that has the right fit.

Re: What would you do? [Re: Rustler] #3999056 01/28/13 01:00 AM
R
Red Bone 936 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I had things like this happen to me. Ha Rustler where r this good leases at.You cant find them anymore.Havin been deer hunting in years because of things like this.

Re: What would you do? [Re: Red Bone 936] #3999408 01/28/13 02:17 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I know where you're coming from. I've had plenty of lease drama on two different leases this year. The next lease I get will be for me and my family only.

Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #3999643 01/28/13 03:06 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: 338hunring
Its not about getting the money back, its more about teaching this loser that its not ok..

Ive informed the land owner, and to be honest I hope he has the integrity to step in and remove the loser, and allow me to keep my spots on this lease, but I wont hold my breath on that either... The thing the past few years have taught me is noone has integrity anymore, and no one is interested in doing the right thing anymore

Sorry you had a bad experience but that's just not true. There are still plenty of people with integrity out there that will do the right thing all the time. Keep your chin up and go find another lease, you'll find what you're looking for if you don't give up.

Re: What would you do? [Re: BowSlayer] #4002706 01/29/13 01:46 AM
H
hangfire Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Sounds like the lease I am on. If you signed a lease agreement or have enough evidence to show who did the dirty work i would hold their feet to the fire. Only way that type can be slowed down is for people to stand up for their rights. Best of luck, that really sucks. I know how you must feel. b

Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #4002977 01/29/13 02:50 AM
C
cletusbodeen Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I wont be entering into any more leases with anyone else. This was my first lease ever, and its depressing enough that I didn't get to hunt a single day on it, but to get screwed over by the people I got sucked into joining

Don't let a bad lease stop you from having a lease. If I was a lease manager or knew of an opening where I'm at now, I would offer you spot to show you what it's like to hunt with a good group on a good lease.
I hate to see one jack wagon keep you from wanting to have a lease. It's a bunch of BS and shouldn't leaving feeling this way.

NRA Life Member
Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #4004146 01/29/13 02:48 PM
W
wrknonit Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
I hope you rethink that. It is near IMPOSSIBLE to find a lease for just one. You will probable always have partners, because just having one hunter leasing your property is not gonna make the land owner much money. Keep looking, hopefully find a group of guys that fits you better.

I would suggest that you look into some of the smaller leases. I have been on a 100 acre plot for three years now and it has turned out great for me and 2 others. When I first got on it, big deer were scarce, exotics unheard of, and turkeys never seen. I worked the place with year round feeding, corn, protein, alfalfa, sweet feed, small water stations, and, lo and behold, my little spot is now showing some decent wt, Axis have started cruising the place, and I am infested with turkeys. A small plot, if you are willing to put the time in, can be made well worth it. With the price of leases and their relative scarcity, if you find a small place with potential, grab it and hold on tight. Put in the time, and you and a decent partner or two can have a great place for a long time.
Even a small plot can be expensive though. I pay $1000 a year for year round access. Some guys would call me nuts or stupid, but they've not seen my little honey-hole. Fair price is whatever you feel is fair to both parties.

Don't give up on lease partners, because leases are filling up faster than ever, and are becoming scarce. Take my advice and look at some smaller property's. Good luck to you.

P.S. If for any reason one of my current partners cannot make it this year, I would be happy to keep you in mind, if you like.
texas

always room for another buddy!

Re: What would you do? [Re: wrknonit] #4007055 01/30/13 04:09 AM
338hunring Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
I know that for me to get a single lease its going to cost. The lease i got screwed on was a 6 gun lease, and i paid the land owner for 3 of the guns. Just chose a worthless SOB to deal with.

If i can find a lease under 10k annual I am fine with it. My fiance and her father hunt, as well as my own son also.

Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #4008283 01/30/13 05:00 PM
D
DH 1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
I made up my mind to quit leasing years ago. You can spend a great deal of time/money fixing up a place and get comfortable when "grandpa" dies, the kids inherit the place and you are out on the street..Had it happen to me. If you can afford it, buy a place. If you are a Texas Vet, the financing will help a lot and the interest rate ain't bad.
Bought my ranch 14 years ago and have never looked back. Now, I make the rules.. up

Re: What would you do? [Re: DH 1] #4008342 01/30/13 05:20 PM
338hunring Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
I have pictures of the Self Appointed Lease Manager messing with my camera, sent them to the land owner and nothing was done... Even called the Sheriff's Office to report it and they won't even return my call to take the complaint.

Other 2 members are friends with self appointed nutcase, and are right there licking his boots on command.

Pretty sad when you catch a criminal red handed and not even the law will do anything.

Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #4008346 01/30/13 05:20 PM
C
changedmyname Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Slice his tires, haha.

Re: What would you do? [Re: changedmyname] #4008348 01/30/13 05:21 PM
C
changedmyname Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
just kidding btw

Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #4008792 01/30/13 07:52 PM
P
Pope&Young Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I know that for me to get a single lease its going to cost. The lease i got screwed on was a 6 gun lease, and i paid the land owner for 3 of the guns. Just chose a worthless SOB to deal with.

If i can find a lease under 10k annual I am fine with it. My fiance and her father hunt, as well as my own son also.

Money talks and BS walks!!! Go to the land owner and offer him more money for the lease.
If he agrees to it, you need lease it right now and kick the other three DB’s off.
You will become the lease manager and either keep it for your 3 hunter group or add 3 new hunters and you will be running the show.

[Linked Image]
Re: What would you do? [Re: 338hunring] #4009529 01/30/13 11:56 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Not all leases are bad> I got on one last year with a group I didn't know and things turned out great! I would say if you have pictures of the guy turning of your camera.... and most likely messing with your feeders, take him to small claims court for that county.... he's turning off the feeders, then complaining you don't feed. Especially if you layed out the money for 3 people to hunt. Also, if you have the email sent to the guys with your blinds that were "OK" then, take that also, as it is proof they had notice of your blinds. I
m not a lawyer, but if you signed a contract and held up your end, I'd fight to get my money back
I have pictures of the Self Appointed Lease Manager messing with my camera, sent them to the land owner and nothing was done... Even called the Sheriff's Office to report it and they won't even return my call to take the complaint.

Other 2 members are friends with self appointed nutcase, and are right there licking his boots on command.

Pretty sad when you catch a criminal red handed and not even the law will do anything.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: What would you do? [Re: hoof n wings] #4009919 01/31/13 01:51 AM
N
n-all Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
N
yep go to the landowner..with $$$

Re: What would you do? [Re: n-all] #4010534 01/31/13 04:49 AM
D
DHfam Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Yea I'd take some advice and get your gear and get outta there. Small claims is such a hassle anyways, but who knows you might end up on Judge Judy

Re: What would you do? [Re: DHfam] #4085918 02/27/13 03:09 AM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
My friend life is not fair as my dad always said. Unless you have some sure way of turning this arround dont count on the small claims court. I had a boat mechanic replace a lower unit on my engine and found out later that I had only sheared the prop pin. Long story short they lied in court on the circumstance and the stupid judge found in their favor. Regardless of what I said. I had to pay his attorney fees. I found out the hard way that people can lie and the court will honor those lies. Get out and find some better folks there are plenty out there

Re: What would you do? [Re: Flashprism] #4095677 03/03/13 04:35 AM
C
Cub Flyer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
Hang in there dude... I had put in with a group of arse-head last yr, similar thing happened to me as well, I built three tower blinds then the lease manager decides that my lease rate should double this yr... Im guessing he expected me to leave and leave the blinds behind because of their weight....

Guess what? He under estimated the cost of a match.... Oh to make it even better, within 2 weeks I found a new lease for just $400 more, and my new lease has Black Bucks, Elk, Fallow, aoudad, deer and hogs... Sooooo much better that those crappy San Saba tiny deer....

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide