Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Wildgame Innovations Products #3603341 09/25/12 06:14 PM
W
wlldraper Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Am I the only one having issues with Wildgame Innovation products? In the last 8 months I have had to actually throw away two cameras that were less than a year old. The customer service with this company is atrosish. After spending several attempts to contact them with the problems and a lot of time spent on hold, I finally got to talk to someone. After several steps in the trouble shooting process for each camera independent of each other It was implied that my ignorance was the issue and definantly not a defective product on their part. Not even a offer to repair or replace. I went so far as to email Matt Busbice, President of the company, and inform him of the actions of his customer service rep. Never even got a reply to the email. Wow it must really suck to suck, and this customer service sucks. I have other stuff from Wildgame Innovations that work great and would buy others but customer service like this is portion. I cannot afford to spend money every other month to replace a product that does not perform. And no one at the company even cares. Am I alone on this?

When all is said and done, there's nothing left to say or do!
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: wlldraper] #3603381 09/25/12 06:29 PM
C
cowboybam58 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
No, unfortunately you're not. We have had several problems with our game cams as well and got the same treatment. No offer of repair/replace or even a we're sorry that happened. Used to really like their products and will still use a few(til they break too). Have sent multiple emails to several people and have never received anything back. Be nice if someone actually believed in and stood behind their products anymore.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: cowboybam58] #3603473 09/25/12 06:54 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I hung out with a couple high levels from Wildgame Innovations at a hunt last year. Really nice folks. I think the hunting industry is full of mini-conglomerates like Wildgame Innovations. Small companies get bought up under these few conglomerates. These big conglomerates aren't always about the best individual product like when developed and sold by the small companies. The conglomerates are all about the overall bottom line cutting costs and competing with the other conglomerates. I think all of them struggle with offering the best customer service, especially in peak times pre-season. It is almost better to buy from the Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Academy stores and when problems deal with them and not the root company.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: Rob Lay] #3603510 09/25/12 07:04 PM
D
dlrz71 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I have heard several people on here say good things about their customer service in Arlington. Might see if you can get that phone number and see what happens.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: dlrz71] #3603528 09/25/12 07:08 PM
S
Stevarino Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: dlrz71
I have heard several people on here say good things about their customer service in Arlington. Might see if you can get that phone number and see what happens.

Same here. I know of two people that actually had upgraded replacements for broken cam's.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: Stevarino] #3603688 09/25/12 08:00 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
This use to be the truth....this year, they would not do anything without a receipt.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: Rob Lay] #3603804 09/25/12 08:28 PM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
I hung out with a couple high levels from Wildgame Innovations at a hunt last year. Really nice folks. I think the hunting industry is full of mini-conglomerates like Wildgame Innovations. Small companies get bought up under these few conglomerates. These big conglomerates aren't always about the best individual product like when developed and sold by the small companies. The conglomerates are all about the overall bottom line cutting costs and competing with the other conglomerates. I think all of them struggle with offering the best customer service, especially in peak times pre-season. It is almost better to buy from the Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Academy stores and when problems deal with them and not the root company.

If you purchase any electronics from Bass Pro they will only refund or replace within 30 days of purchase. After that your chit out of luck with them.
Now with receipt at Academy or Cabelas they will refund or replace no questions ask other than is there anything wrong with it. That is how customer service should be.

[Linked Image]
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: Pittstate] #3603807 09/25/12 08:28 PM
R
RussellWayne Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
I just returned a brand new camera to Acadamy that would only take white out photos.

You have to remember, they might not be drinking as much as we are.
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: RussellWayne] #3604371 09/25/12 11:01 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Had a problem with a timer and clock..... as long as you fill out the warrantee card AND send it in, there shouldn't be a problem.
As mentioned above... Academy is AWESOME

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: hoof n wings] #3604566 09/25/12 11:58 PM
J
John Humbert Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I actually have very good luck with WGI equipment. I gave lots of cams, and ALL brands make some lemons, but WGI have been most consistent for me.

Now, that being said - and no offense to anyone - but running 10 cams and have 4 more "spares" that were discards from others, I can tell you that most brands are VERY finicky if they use the most common components (all made by companies not the same company that markets the cams).

They can be very sensitive to batteries and brands. All batteries are NOT created equal. I got two discards that were "POS" from a guy. When I replaced the energizers with copper tops, they worked perfectly ( and still do!)

Weak batteries cause problems.
Batteries put in reverse can cause problems
Loose battery terminals cause problems.
Severe drops cause problems.
Excessive heat cause problems - have a couple of cameras that work fine in cool/cold weather - but not well in heat. Also have one that is the opposite.

Now I don't have any high end cameras, but I have low-to-midrange WGIs, Bushnell, Moultrie, and a few others. Moultries are the only brand that absolutely won't buy. But is amazing how many cams that others throw away that I get to work fine.

If any of you have any WGIs that you are going to throw out, I'll give you $5 for them. If I can't get them to work, I use them for parts. Other brands are considered too.

BTW, three times I've gotten cams that folks swore wouldn't work and discarded them, and when I opened them up - the batteries were reversed. Just saying.

Last edited by John Humbert; 09/26/12 12:01 AM.
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: John Humbert] #3604694 09/26/12 12:39 AM
donswin Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I am one who has had a broken WGI camera and indifferent customer service.

I don't have time to pamper a camera. It is a 6 hour round trip to my lease & gas is $75 and rising. When I get there, I expect the camera to have taken pictures of any game within range.

Reconyx and Scoutguard cameras have not let me down. They are worth the extra price if the alternate is WGI cams.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: donswin] #3604970 09/26/12 01:36 AM
W
wlldraper Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
I went on their face book page because it was suggested I check it out and all I can say is WOW. It didn't take long to know that I am just one of a lot of people who has gotten and continues to get bad customer service. I saw some photos posted there but I think there was only two people who said they had a worthy product. Guess I shouldn't feel too bad. It was worse than I thought.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: wlldraper] #3605964 09/26/12 12:09 PM
E
ellgrubb Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Lots of camera negative comments but the rest of there products are just as bad. I have even had bad luck with there feeder batteries.

Dont tell me you shot the 4 point for the meat when there are does all around.
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: ellgrubb] #3606271 09/26/12 01:58 PM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I'm on my third Truthcam 46. First from Cabela's. Stopped working after three days...called Wildgame in Mississippi. Guy tried to shluff me back off on Cabela's, but they were on to that. Wildgame sent me a new cam. Stopped working after nine days. Sent me a third. Problem free, as far as I can tell, for a year now.

PS - All this stuff is made in the same Chinese factory.

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: Homer Jay] #3606285 09/26/12 02:01 PM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
PPS - Takes GREAT daytime pics and vids...adequate nighttime pics. VERY fast trigger speed...never have any deer butts in my pics. Lots of programmable variables too.

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: Homer Jay] #3606716 09/26/12 03:36 PM
W
wlldraper Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Like I originally posted. I don't hate the the company, I really would like to do business with them, they are a Texas company, and sell lots of different hunting and outdoor gear at what I perceive as fair prices. All I ask is stand behind your product. If you are having to cut corners on quality, stop, fix the issue even if it cost a little more adjust the price accordingly and move on. If you build a quality product, offer it at a fair price and stand behind the product with customer service then I will buy, use and tell others about your product all day long, and so will most everyone else.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: Homer Jay] #3617417 09/30/12 12:42 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Mmmm, TruthCam is made by Primos!
Originally Posted By: Homer Jay
I'm on my third Truthcam 46. First from Cabela's. Stopped working after three days...called Wildgame in Mississippi. Guy tried to shluff me back off on Cabela's, but they were on to that. Wildgame sent me a new cam. Stopped working after nine days. Sent me a third. Problem free, as far as I can tell, for a year now.

PS - All this stuff is made in the same Chinese factory.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: hoof n wings] #3640777 10/08/12 02:28 AM
W
wlldraper Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
The only response so far has been a email saying they were behind because this is their busy season. My reply was if you had felt with this in march when it started it wouldn't be the busy season. Needless to say haven't heard anything back......

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: wlldraper] #3644165 10/09/12 06:20 AM
C
crankbait745 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I will not buy anymore WG products based on how bad their trailcams are. Just my 2 cents.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: crankbait745] #3648648 10/10/12 07:57 PM
M
MathewsBowMan Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I have 15 WGI cameras and I haven't had any problems.
Seriously I haven't. I run them in KS and TX and no problems and I bought them before spring turkey and this June.
The batteries last a long long time. And pics are good enough for me.
Isn't it amazing how we all have different stories about cameras. I had terrible luck with CRUDDEBACK and Primos.

By the way isn't WGI in LA and not TX?

BOOMER SOONER
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: wlldraper] #3652537 10/12/12 01:17 AM
M
Mr. Ganzer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
My WGI camera worked for ten days and died. Customer service guy advised "replacement"-but offered no help from WGI. I'll never any of their products again.

Danged hogs been messing up the yard!
Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: Mr. Ganzer] #3653271 10/12/12 04:29 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I bought 2 a good while back and they never took the first pic. It also annoyed me that they were too cheap to format the cards for the cams that came with the cams. IMHO their product as cheap and still overpriced.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: rifleman] #3665440 10/16/12 06:33 PM
W
wlldraper Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
I am still amazed at how many cameras are not operational, or don't function properly from WGI.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: wlldraper] #3668513 10/17/12 04:47 PM
B
bhackfeld Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
I have a couple of feeder motor units from them and they work well.

I bought a WGI camera two years ago and it didn't even last the full season. The flash quit working and to be honest the pictures were not very good when it did work. All of our cameras since have been Moultrie, the difference in quality is astounding and we've never had a problem with any of them.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products [Re: bhackfeld] #3668923 10/17/12 07:17 PM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I've always ran moultrie and had luck with them and the customer service but I won a WGI at a golf tourney and couldn't even get it to come on so I figured it was me but after my 14 year old couldn't figure it out I was convinced it didn't work. I called and stayed on hold for 30 minutes and gave up so I sent an email and got an address to send it to in Grand Prairie. The next day I just dropped by since they exit is one down from my work. A lady came out I told her the deal and she went and got a guy from that department he gave me a brand new camera no questions ask. In fact he gave me the entire kit with battery charger and camera and I only gave him a camera. I can see where they could be a problem on the phone or email but I guess if you put em on the spot by showing up they will make it right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide