Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chopped54] #3567387 09/13/12 02:52 PM
R
Red D Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
ITunes is ABOMINATION.
I have LG/ Google G2X. Cannot complain much. Except bloatware that was preinstalled and non removable.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Red D] #3567448 09/13/12 03:07 PM
RKHarm24 Offline
sergeant
sergeant
Quote:
Except bloatware that was preinstalled and non removable.

I have that on my Sprint G3. It does't take up that much space and it has not crimped my lack of knowledge style.
I charge 1x a day or every 1.5 day. Depends on how often I use it in the recliner, while watching TV.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Red D] #3567453 09/13/12 03:08 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: Red D
ITunes is ABOMINATION.
I have LG/ Google G2X. Cannot complain much. Except bloatware that was preinstalled and non removable.

iTunes is actually kick [censored] on a MAC, but agree it sucks hard on PC

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chopped54] #3567469 09/13/12 03:13 PM
C
cajunautoxer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
My wife bought a GalaxyIII last month and hates it. Granted it's a lot more complicated than iphone. And since I don't have one I can't tell her how to use it. I tried it Sunday and all it did was lock up on me a bunch. It's going back today and she'll preorder the 5

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: cajunautoxer] #3567497 09/13/12 03:21 PM
RKHarm24 Offline
sergeant
sergeant
Originally Posted By: cajunautoxer
My wife bought a GalaxyIII last month and hates it. Granted it's a lot more complicated than iphone. And since I don't have one I can't tell her how to use it. I tried it Sunday and all it did was lock up on me a bunch. It's going back today and she'll preorder the 5

Maybe I don't work my G3 hard enough. Mine has burped/slowed while on WIFI, but no other problems. I have always been the one to FUBAR any electronic storage device. I may have met my match with this one. Not even a re-boot.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chopped54] #3567542 09/13/12 03:32 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted By: Chopped54
Originally Posted By: Leonardo
I have the new HTC EVO and really like it. I did have battery issues with the old EVO but this new phone will last three days without charging. I do check emails on it but I sit at a computer everyday so I don't surf the web a lot. I have several apple products but I am not a fan of the Iphone and maybe it is because I am not use to the format.

By the way I hate getting those stupid group reply texts from Iphone users who aren't smart enough to turn it off.

Do you use it at all?

Yes I take calls and monitor emails on it every day after hours. I have it on me at all times throughout the day so my office can transfer calls to it if I am out. I don't usually surf the web on it but I play games on it daily. Also text messages throughout the day from my wife and buddies.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Leonardo] #3567559 09/13/12 03:37 PM
M
Mr Lebowski Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
If I leave my Droid on 4G it is like a thermal nuke in my pocket. The battery dies in just a few hours. The phone reboots on it's own. I took it to see if they could do anything and the guy looked at me and said.... Uh, I would really wait to upgrade and not pay to have me look at it.... Then he showed me a few of the same phone he had on the shelf for target practice....

Go iPhone!

Slayer of winged birds, sniper of four legged animals, Warrior of God!

Thank you Lord for providing us in the spiritual and physical aspects of our lives. You have given plenty of game for us to feed our families and pass on the heritage. God Bless Texas
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Judd] #3569037 09/13/12 11:59 PM
S
Suburbob Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Judd
The biggest difference is when you are done with the Iphone in a year or two it is still worth something.

Iphone......the Harley of phones.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Suburbob] #3569595 09/14/12 02:39 AM
S
SpoonPlatoon Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Suburbob
The biggest difference is when you are done with the Iphone in a year or two it is still worth something.

I'll give you that! They run slow, parts break easily on them, and their way to expensive. The only difference I have found is that the iPhone doesn't leak!

[Linked Image]
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: SpoonPlatoon] #3569734 09/14/12 03:06 AM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: bigdaddy590
I'll give you that! They run slow, parts break easily on them, and their way to expensive. The only difference I have found is that the iPhone doesn't leak!

Run slow compared to Android?

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: SpoonPlatoon] #3569834 09/14/12 03:36 AM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: bigdaddy590
Originally Posted By: Suburbob

Please explain the circumstances surrounding the breaking of 3 iPhone screens. I have never had a problem with my iPhones breaking or being slow. It's gotta be treatment and another brand of pocket computer isn't going to solve the problem.

This reminds me of people selling off guns for pennies on the dollar because the won't shoot straight.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chris/HOU] #3570012 09/14/12 05:46 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
I have only had android, so can't give a comparison, but internet on mine has been consistent and fast for me. As for the battery drain. I can see that would be a problem for some. My solution was to buy a wall battery charger and extra batteries. Takes about 2 seconds to open the case and pop a full battery in. On a trip with some extra pre charged batteries along, I never have to put the phone on a charger.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chris/HOU] #3570016 09/14/12 05:50 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I guess the simplicity issue is in the eye of the beholder. I've had both and I like the Android better overall (Samsung Galaxy S2). I like the drag and drop of the Android when I connect to my computer versus the iPhone. Having to go through iTunes with the iPhone was not a huge deal, but I definitely like the file transfer of the Android better. The only drawback in my opinion with Android is that some apps are released for iPhone first so I have to wait for the Android version.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chopped54] #3570038 09/14/12 06:25 AM
J
jcarlson91 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
invest in a case.. stick with the iphone

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: jcarlson91] #3570075 09/14/12 08:33 AM
T
TheCloudX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I'm on my 3rd android. I had the G1 for awhile until the G2 came out and then had to replace that after an incident with a toilet...

I have the Galaxy S2 and really like it. One of the great things about the android is its greatest weakness. You can use thousands of apps for almost every part of the phone. You can replace the main texting program, you can replace the main call program, etc. Everything is pretty much replaceable on the android. Gives users the most control over the phone, except for bloatware (pre-installed software from your carrier). If your not tech savy, or just want a phone to make calls on and use the internet, the iphone shines in comparison. You can customize the iphone, sure, but not to the extent of the android. There is a better app support for the iphone. Most companies that make apps, like your bank or tv or whatnot, make them on the iphone first and then make them (if they ever do) for the android.

As far as battery goes, I get a full day charge of phone calls, texts, music, and various apps - no problem. When I first got the phone, it was horrible. But they did an update to the OS and its been amazing ever since.

Lastly, it depends on how much you want to spend. You can get an Android pretty cheap. Some carriers offer them for free. You'll spend more upfront for an iphone, but when you upgrade to the next model you'll make your money back. My buddy is an apple fanatic and is selling his iphone 4s for the same amount he bought it, which is just shy of the 5.

Hope this helps.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: TheCloudX] #3570126 09/14/12 11:00 AM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: TheCloudX
I'm on my 3rd android. I had the G1 for awhile until the G2 came out and then had to replace that after an incident with a toilet...

I have the Galaxy S2 and really like it. One of the great things about the android is its greatest weakness. You can use thousands of apps for almost every part of the phone. You can replace the main texting program, you can replace the main call program, etc. Everything is pretty much replaceable on the android. Gives users the most control over the phone, except for bloatware (pre-installed software from your carrier). If your not tech savy, or just want a phone to make calls on and use the internet, the iphone shines in comparison. You can customize the iphone, sure, but not to the extent of the android. There is a better app support for the iphone. Most companies that make apps, like your bank or tv or whatnot, make them on the iphone first and then make them (if they ever do) for the android.

As far as battery goes, I get a full day charge of phone calls, texts, music, and various apps - no problem. When I first got the phone, it was horrible. But they did an update to the OS and its been amazing ever since.

Lastly, it depends on how much you want to spend. You can get an Android pretty cheap. Some carriers offer them for free. You'll spend more upfront for an iphone, but when you upgrade to the next model you'll make your money back. My buddy is an apple fanatic and is selling his iphone 4s for the same amount he bought it, which is just shy of the 5.

Hope this helps.

/thread

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chopped54] #3570333 09/14/12 01:10 PM
7ARanch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I have the Droid Razr on Verizon and it's great. I've tried apple stuff (ipad etc)and it's not intuitive to me but I have no problem with the Droid. My other issue with apple is they hold you hostage to their products. I have an unlimited data plan so I use Pandora for tunes and can open and modify (within reason) word docs and spread sheets which is what I need for work, can't do it with apple even after I downloaded Office Pro, on the other hand my boss swears by apple so, it's probably personal preference. Do not use Sprint for anything, bad coverage and bad service.

Destroyer 340; Easton Flatline; Grim Reapers
Not as Mean Not as Lean but still a Marine

Billy Bob: My nose is dripping on my balls...
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chopped54] #3570814 09/14/12 03:41 PM
J
jhill1440 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
I may be new here but I just switched from an iphone to android. I had a iphone 4 and it was very simple to use and intuitive like most mac stuff. The android has had a learning curve but has been good. I am a tinkerer at heart so the android is neat because I can switch out all sorts of stuff and really customize it. I will tell you the real reason I switched is to ditch ATT. There is a small carrier that uses sprint towers that I went with. ting.com Weird name yes, but check it out. With ATT my bill for the iphone and 1 non-smartphone was $90/month. With ting it will $48 for the same usage and now we have 2 smartphones. It costs more up front but run the numbers and you can save a lot of money.

I in no way work for or are associated with ting, just a happy customer.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: jhill1440] #3570964 09/14/12 04:23 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: jhill1440
I may be new here but I just switched from an iphone to android. I had a iphone 4 and it was very simple to use and intuitive like most mac stuff. The android has had a learning curve but has been good. I am a tinkerer at heart so the android is neat because I can switch out all sorts of stuff and really customize it. I will tell you the real reason I switched is to ditch ATT. There is a small carrier that uses sprint towers that I went with. ting.com Weird name yes, but check it out. With ATT my bill for the iphone and 1 non-smartphone was $90/month. With ting it will $48 for the same usage and now we have 2 smartphones. It costs more up front but run the numbers and you can save a lot of money.

Sprint has the worse coverage I have ever been on so why would anyone in their right mind use a small, third party company borrowing another companies crappy towers?

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Chopped54] #3571055 09/14/12 04:48 PM
J
jhill1440 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Originally Posted By: Chopped54
Originally Posted By: jhill1440

Sprint has the worse coverage I have ever been on so why would anyone in their right mind use a small, third party company borrowing another companies crappy towers?

We are in College Station and get good service here. I am aware not all providers have good service everywhere. It works for us.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: BAR940] #3571214 09/14/12 05:45 PM
B
BobG Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: BAR940
My HTC Inspire is a huge POS. I did find that it won't break by being thrown against a wall or by bending it over my knee.

My HTC Inspire is all-in-all a good phone. It can get slow at times, but that's where the 'Advanced Task Manager' App comes in. I 'kill' all my apps about once every three hours, and it stays super fast. I did shatter the screen though, and while it was in an Otterbox, but it took dropping it down three flights of stairs onto concrete to do so smile

My best advice is to physically look at each phone out there, then look at reviews, and then you should have a much better idea of what you like/dislike.

Best of luck!

Gravley Custom Woodwork: Household Furniture, Custom Cabinetry and much more!

Hunters, Fisherman and other liars gather here.
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: BobG] #3572418 09/15/12 01:54 AM
M
Mr Lebowski Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I have had Sprint ever since the mobile phone was a CAR PHONE... Yuppers handset mounted to a base,antenna on the window and a receiver-transmitter in the car.... They have always provided great service for me....

You can get the AirRave for your house and have your own tower... Works great and it's free.... Well you have to use it......

Slayer of winged birds, sniper of four legged animals, Warrior of God!

Thank you Lord for providing us in the spiritual and physical aspects of our lives. You have given plenty of game for us to feed our families and pass on the heritage. God Bless Texas
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: Mr Lebowski] #3573263 09/15/12 01:43 PM
R
rockyraider Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: Mr Lebowski
I have had Sprint ever since the mobile phone was a CAR PHONE... Yuppers handset mounted to a base,antenna on the window and a receiver-transmitter in the car.... They have always provided great service for me....

You can get the AirRave for your house and have your own tower... Works great and it's free.... Well you have to use it......

We just dumped Sprint and went over to AT&T. IMHO, Sprint's coverage is terrible. After fishing and hunting for the past two years and not having service almost everywhere we went, I told them to shove it. Sprint is fine if you are in metro areas or along interstate highways, get off the beaten path and good luck. I can name almost a dozen places I've been where I was dead in the water and someone else with AT&T had full service. Thats not a good thing when you're gone from home for several days and no one has any way to get ahold of you.

Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: rockyraider] #3573884 09/15/12 07:22 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Android has more freedom, you can add an SD card and put widgets on the screen and stuff like that. More freedom can get you into trouble if you are not geeky enough and mess up your phone. I like the droid razr, iphone for my wife.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Android vs iPhone [Re: NEVAGA] #3574168 09/15/12 09:41 PM
F
Fatalwishes' Wife Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
I bought my last Iphone ever.

Apple is now the richest company in the world and they cannot build any more stores to service their customers.

Used to be you could walk in and get help. Now you have to have an appointment that is never on time, takes over an hour and you may or may not get charged out the [censored] to get your stuff fixed.

Screw that, screw them, I'll deal with a different phone and less frustration. As long as the blue tooth works in my truck I don't care about all the other stuff. I quit surfing on the phone long ago because it's too slow on the Iphone.

Mostly I make calls and text and spend a lot of time in my truck. I don't need an overpriced phone anymore you cannot get serviced.

Apple keeps selling crap and not upping their service centers to handle the demand. It's insane. Spend a couple of hours at the Apple store off of University and you will know what I'm talking about. That should make you change your mind to not buy Apple ever again.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide