Forums46
Topics616,091
Posts11,411,305
Members85,569
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: So now I have a lot more time on my hands [Re: scattergun] #3563102 09/12/12 02:23 AM
S
spudmonkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: scattergun
Originally Posted By: spudmonkey
Funny, thing you mentioned that Orn. Mommy bought me a brand new smoker last year and it is still brand new, never had the time to break it in. As for hunting season it may be a slow on for me this year, when my lease dues were due this transpired and I did not want to shell out the money just in case landing a job took longer than I anticipate. So I may just look for some varmint/predator hunts this year.

It's amazing how quickly you forget the true priorities in life, I got so caught up in my job that I failed to take time out for the family. Now I'm just enjoying it all, flag football, cub scouts, dance practice.

In regards to my plan....well, I do need a job and have been looking around but things in my particular industry and for my level are slow. I have an offer from an long time acquaintance who opened up an independent insurance agency and I am seriously thinking of taking him up on it.

Bet your fellow lease members appreciated being hung out to dry.

Well, good thing I believe in open and honest communication and kept my buddy informed the entire time(even before my decision) so that he knew everything that was going on. Also, good thing the lease is already paid for and part of his budget so my portion is just extra. Also, its a good thing that I told him I would still pay the amount even though I would not hunt. I hold to my commitments and I'm not a big fan of screwing people over but thanks for the confidence, buddy.

Re: So now I have a lot more time on my hands [Re: Ox190] #3563116 09/12/12 02:27 AM
T
TxDispatcher Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Some of the guys on here are complete idiots IMO...and some seem to be swell guys

Originally Posted by East...
Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Re: So now I have a lot more time on my hands [Re: TxDispatcher] #3563222 09/12/12 02:54 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
There's nothing better than having your own self- respect. Other than hanging out with your wife and children,and having your self respect. You know if you did the right thing,you'll feel it in your heart. I think you did it!

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: So now I have a lot more time on my hands [Re: Erathkid] #3563841 09/12/12 01:16 PM
P
pokerj2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
If you're in insurance sales pm me. I could probally get you a pretty good gig in the Medicare market.

President of American Entitlements LLC
Health insurance agency focusing in all ages from ACA plans all the way through Medicare.
Office is based in Wylie, TX
We have local agents in both Texas and Louisiana
469-814-0289
Re: So now I have a lot more time on my hands [Re: pokerj2] #3564215 09/12/12 03:36 PM
M
mustafa Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
x2
Originally Posted By: pokerj2
If you're in insurance sales pm me. I could probally get you a pretty good gig in the Medicare market.

Team Barbacoa Pro Staff.
Dallas Safari Club Life Member
Re: So now I have a lot more time on my hands [Re: mustafa] #3564675 09/12/12 06:32 PM
T
toolman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Congrats, Spud! I used to drive trucks for a living with a disabled wife and two grandkids at home. Staying on the road for 5-8 weeks at a time will make you realize how quickly things change when you're not there to see them every day. Don't worry about the haters, they will always find something to hate on, just enjoy spending time with the family while you can. Work to live, don't live to work.

Old age ain't for sissies!

Re: So now I have a lot more time on my hands [Re: Ox190] #3565311 09/12/12 09:55 PM
R
Ron H Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I don't think the decision is out of line. You do have to weigh all of the options. I had a job that was way too stressful for the pay that I quit cold turkey. My wife and I discussed it prior to giving notice. Several of my friends commented on I seemed happier after the decision.

Re: So now I have a lot more time on my hands [Re: Ron H] #3566237 09/13/12 02:32 AM
M
Mr Lebowski Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Congrats! It takes a big man to take a step back from the fire and understand the truth of the flame. Life will throw curveballs but family is one that comes straight at you. Knowing and understanding what is more important at this point is what counts.

You did the right thing. Not knowing you, but reading what you wrote, at least your family will not be seeing your grave on the weekends. That level of stress is not good for anyone.

The Great Lord even made Sundays for rest and relaxation "Well hunting/fishing/Sports" so we all need the believe in the right things.

Before you know it your kids will be out the door and you will have not fill the moments in your life to help you get through the rough times. These are what I call memory moments. When you are sitting on a park bench can you close your eyes and be filled with comfortable memories of your family? The times you got to hold your kids or listen to their laugh? Nothing like hearing the silly jokes of the kids... Then finding yourself telling that same joke to your buds and laughing..

Good luck on your new adventure.....

Slayer of winged birds, sniper of four legged animals, Warrior of God!

Thank you Lord for providing us in the spiritual and physical aspects of our lives. You have given plenty of game for us to feed our families and pass on the heritage. God Bless Texas
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide