Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Free hog Hunting??? #2877680 12/29/11 02:45 AM
R
Ristow49 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
R
im living in the corpus christi area and im wondering if there is anyone who has a hog problem close by and would let me come and and shoot some pigs so i can fill my freezer. any leads would be greatly appreciated

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Ristow49] #2877920 12/29/11 03:44 AM
M
mossberg man Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
this is texas, we bitch about our problems, then charge someone to fix them.

she said ,why does that ammo have pretty green tips on it? the guy said its the eco-friendy ammo.
Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: mossberg man] #2877973 12/29/11 04:06 AM
P
PIG_STICKER Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Originally Posted By: mossberg man
Agreed!!! elmer

If u can see IT!!! U can HIT IT!!!!!
Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: mossberg man] #2878251 12/29/11 11:22 AM
H
hog1 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H

Every year I write out checks for taxes on my property. If I don't pay them, my property will be taken from me.

Now explain to me why I shouldn't charge someone to hunt on my land. There ain't no free lunch...someone has to pay.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: hog1] #2878273 12/29/11 12:33 PM
E
East texas deer hunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
I have hogs on two places that I pay taxes on. I charge 50.00 per day . This year all of the hogs are at feeders at night.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: East texas deer hunter] #2878330 12/29/11 01:27 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
I have to agree with it being your property and you can charge to hunt it , but I get sick of seeing all these landowners bitching about how much they are destroying thier crops land ect.... and killing off the other game animals ,but wanna charge for hunting. either you have a problem or you have a business ,choose one . also i agree I would not let random people hunt my land ,but if i had a hog problem and was on a forum and had a few recommendations, that the guy is a responsible hunter and does not shoot livestock , leave trash , leave gates open ect... Why not kill 2 birds with one stone and let them get rid of your problems .as i see it no matter what, you have to pay taxes do you wanna pay taxes and pay for the destruction the hogs cause or only taxes???

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: hog1] #2878342 12/29/11 01:31 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: hog1

Every year I write out checks for taxes on my property. If I don't pay them, my property will be taken from me.

Now explain to me why I shouldn't charge someone to hunt on my land. There ain't no free lunch...someone has to pay.

Just one question is your business licensed ??? I mean if you make money off of land you have to claim it on taxes . What I am trying to say good old uncle sam does not give out free lunch.....someone has to pay

Last edited by Bradbiggs; 12/29/11 01:40 PM.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Bradbiggs] #2878467 12/29/11 02:27 PM
S
Snared!! Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
I see both sides and Neither side is completely wrong/right.

Regular guy 8-5 by day, rednecking by night!
Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Snared!!] #2878648 12/29/11 03:25 PM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Here we go again!

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: luvpigmeet] #2878690 12/29/11 03:39 PM
S
stuko Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: luvpigmeet
Here we go again!

+1,000,000,000

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Bradbiggs] #2878731 12/29/11 03:50 PM
H
hog1 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
"Just one question is your business licensed ??? I mean if you make money off of land you have to claim it on taxes . What I am trying to say good old uncle sam does not give out free lunch.....someone has to pay"

Not sure what your question is but yes, any money I make off my property I pay Federal income tax on.

What I'm refering to as taxes are local county property taxes that have to be paid every year whether I make any money off the property or not. Two different taxes.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Bradbiggs] #2878742 12/29/11 03:53 PM
H
Hog Creek Outfitters Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: Bradbiggs
I have to agree with it being your property and you can charge to hunt it , but I get sick of seeing all these landowners bitching about how much they are destroying thier crops land ect.... and killing off the other game animals ,but wanna charge for hunting. either you have a problem or you have a business ,choose one . also i agree I would not let random people hunt my land ,but if i had a hog problem and was on a forum and had a few recommendations, that the guy is a responsible hunter and does not shoot livestock , leave trash , leave gates open ect... Why not kill 2 birds with one stone and let them get rid of your problems .as i see it no matter what, you have to pay taxes do you wanna pay taxes and pay for the destruction the hogs cause or only taxes???

I agree 100%

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2878746 12/29/11 03:55 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
If I let you come on my land with a firearm, I would be a fool not to have a lot of liability insurance.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Dave Davidson] #2878767 12/29/11 03:59 PM
H
Hog Creek Outfitters Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Then I wouldn't complain about hog problems and handle it on your own. Not specifically referring to you Dave, but it gets old hearing people gripe and moan about their hog problems and then won't let anyone do anything about it.
I have hunted hogs with dogs for over 5 years and have a good pack of dogs. My dogs are broke off deer and all livestock and everyone knows that in my area yet there are still idiots that wanna gripe to me about their hog problems and won't let me run my dogs because they "scare the deer off.." BS! I hunted my 500 acre place 2-3 nights a week last year during deer season and always saw deer and shot one of the biggest bucks taken in the county! Now, back to the post and sorry for interrupting.

Last edited by Sabana River Hunter; 12/29/11 04:00 PM.
Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Dave Davidson] #2878775 12/29/11 04:01 PM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
It is real simple. Like I said before. Pay or move on. You could live in PA. where all the hogs are only in Preserves. $600-$800 a pig. Count your Blessings or non Blessings that you have wild pigs to hunt. $50 to hunt someones land? Sign me up! Just a Yankees opinion. Take care.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Dave Davidson] #2878777 12/29/11 04:01 PM
J
jmc82 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson
If I let you come on my land with a firearm, I would be a fool not to have a lot of liability insurance.

Actually, you would only need to be ignorant of the laws pertaining to landowner liability, not a fool.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Dave Davidson] #2878790 12/29/11 04:08 PM
J
jmc82 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson

Laws regarding landowner liability

Read these laws. I dont mean to sound rude, and am not pointing my finger at you specifically, but if people here would do a little research, less misinformation and lies would be spread around as truth.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: luvpigmeet] #2878839 12/29/11 04:23 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
With all due respect luvpigmeet Well if this was called pa hunting forum you would have a hell of a argument but since half of the united states hog population resides in texas and as you have probably heard before the price of things are set by the supply and demand is like this I always hear about liability but in texas if you read the law you are no more responsible for a recreational hunter than a trespasser read the law that was posted above

I just wish people would man up and admit it it is not about them being a problem it is about making money because as we all know if you select the right person with a positive track record with reccomendations from other land owners would make me think your [censored] is covered but if you figured these common excuses out with a solution the only thing that would be missing is the cash

I am not against the land owner making money in fact i agree is your land you pay the taxes and why should someone else enjoy what you had to pay for understood
But it is like this if it takes money for you to let people come hunt the hogs it is not a hog problem it is a hunting lease

Last edited by Bradbiggs; 12/29/11 04:33 PM.

--George Patton--

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: hog1] #2878950 12/29/11 05:00 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: hog1
"Just one question is your business licensed ??? I mean if you make money off of land you have to claim it on taxes . What I am trying to say good old uncle sam does not give out free lunch.....someone has to pay"

Not sure what your question is but yes, any money I make off my property I pay Federal income tax on.

What I'm refering to as taxes are local county property taxes that have to be paid every year whether I make any money off the property or not. Two different taxes.

Yes i understand the difference in property taxes and income tax so if you claim it on your taxes means you have a buisness id which would mean you are operating a business so you admit the pigs are not a problem they actually make you money and i tell you anything that makes me money is not a problem or let me see you would rather not have pigs and then no one would hunt your land so in reality you would not make any money and would still be required to pay your property taxes please explain to me maybe i do not understand do you have a hunting lease or a pig problem cause you can not have both

--George Patton--

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2878966 12/29/11 05:04 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: Sabana River Hunter
Then I wouldn't complain about hog problems and handle it on your own. Not specifically referring to you Dave, but it gets old hearing people gripe and moan about their hog problems and then won't let anyone do anything about it.
I have hunted hogs with dogs for over 5 years and have a good pack of dogs. My dogs are broke off deer and all livestock and everyone knows that in my area yet there are still idiots that wanna gripe to me about their hog problems and won't let me run my dogs because they "scare the deer off.." BS! I hunted my 500 acre place 2-3 nights a week last year during deer season and always saw deer and shot one of the biggest bucks taken in the county! Now, back to the post and sorry for interrupting.

Well put!!!!!

--George Patton--

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Bradbiggs] #2879010 12/29/11 05:15 PM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
I am confused! I said to pay to hunt someones land is okay by me! I said nothing about liability problems. I understand that some fool could try to sue you if they got hurt on your land. I think you need to read my post. In fact, read it slow. I am agrreing WITH the landowners. I love to hunt and eat pigs. I would gladly pay someone to hunt wild Hogs. I am tired of paying for pets that eat out of your hands. I wished I lived in Texas where I could possibly make friends with a land owner. Do some chores or something to have the right to hunt their land. But I don't. So I will pay for my dream.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: luvpigmeet] #2879090 12/29/11 05:36 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: luvpigmeet
I am confused! I said to pay to hunt someones land is okay by me! I said nothing about liability problems. I understand that some fool could try to sue you if they got hurt on your land. I think you need to read my post. In fact, read it slow. I am agrreing WITH the landowners. I love to hunt and eat pigs. I would gladly pay someone to hunt wild Hogs. I am tired of paying for pets that eat out of your hands. I wished I lived in Texas where I could possibly make friends with a land owner. Do some chores or something to have the right to hunt their land. But I don't. So I will pay for my dream.

Hahah maybe my babling is not understandable and only the first part was for you sorry i did not clarify ok let me slow down i was saying in pa would be well worth 50 to hunt because there are no supply of hogs so only way to hunt in pa is pay 500 a pop but in texas with so many hogs is no need to pay that kind of money to hunt I am neither for or against paying to hunt if it is a good deal go for it all i am saying is so many land overs get on here and say so many bad things about the hogs ruin there land but when people offer to help they want money my feelings are if you charge money for hunting you do not have a pig problem you have a business

Last edited by Bradbiggs; 12/29/11 05:37 PM.

--George Patton--

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Ristow49] #2879282 12/29/11 06:30 PM
R
Ristow49 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
R
Originally Posted By: Ristow49
im living in the corpus christi area and im wondering if there is anyone who has a hog problem close by and would let me come and and shoot some pigs so i can fill my freezer. any leads would be greatly appreciated

ok maybe i should rephrase my question. i am willing to pay to hunt pig on someones land i am just not interested in paying $300 to go and shoot a pig and have it buchered for me. i am just looking for a place where my dad and i can hunt some hogs cheap. we are very respectful hunters and we wont litter or leave any gates open.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: Ristow49] #2879530 12/29/11 08:06 PM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
no problem bradbiggs. Us yankees tend to do things a little too quick. Thanks for the clarification. I understand completely what you are saying.

Re: Free hog Hunting??? [Re: luvpigmeet] #2879607 12/29/11 08:33 PM
S
stuko Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I think landowners should charge a kill fee if you are able to get a pig

stir

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread