Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ever found someone in your deer stand #2790654 11/28/11 08:29 PM
I
Isom's_Duck_Dawgs Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
I
We just started having a problem with Trespassers/Poachers. Has anyone ever come upon someone in your deer stand or sitting out in the field?

Taylor Isom
817-933-2153 Cell

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: Isom's_Duck_Dawgs] #2790671 11/28/11 08:34 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Not any humans thankfully. There have been a number of stories on here though.

To be determined
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: TurkeyHunter] #2790678 11/28/11 08:39 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Not in the stand, but found one in some brush rattling one time. I heard the rattling and went to investigate. Used a creek to get close and he never knew I was there. I used my binoculars to get a good description of him, left out behind him, circled to the truck and called the GW. Drove the Hwy to see if I could find a vehicle while I was on the phone with the GW.

GW showed up and we went to the camp that was on the property next to us. I had to stay in the truck, but he wanted me to see if I could identify the person. The neighbor was the one that was on our property.

Turns out there were two hunters in camp, 8 deer tagged with 5 different peoples tags and 2 deer without tags that were already in an ice chest in the back of the truck. GW took me back to my truck and said that he was going to go after them for the trespassing, but I shouldn't worry about seeing them around here again.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: TurkeyHunter] #2790680 11/28/11 08:39 PM
B
bigmike_ml21 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Once. But I hunt on family land and turns out that they had gotten permission to be there and i didnt know it. Im the only one who hunts the place, so i was kinda surprised to say the least. I just didnt like the fact that they were in my stand, hunting over a feeder that i had paid for and had my corn in it. We got that part straight quick. But, that was one of the only 2 times they have ever hunted there so it wasnt really a big deal.

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Sometimes I wonder if it will get to the point you bring an attorney with you out hunting.
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: TurkeyHunter] #2790681 11/28/11 08:39 PM
D
DeerTamales Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
No, and I hope I never do. That would not be a good situation.

Seems like the poachers/trespassers are getting worse evey year. Some folks just can't respect others property. Good luck and keep your sheriff and g.w. on speed dial.

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: DeerTamales] #2790723 11/28/11 09:03 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
A better question is "have they ever found the person I found in my deer stand".

Honestly, no. I did get into one one time that was warm, windows were foggy, and smelled, well, funny.

I opened the windows and stayed and hunted and killed a buck.
Found out later someone in camp had used the blind too, , uh, meet someone.

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #2790734 11/28/11 09:14 PM
W
WRIEMER Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Not in the stand but was turkey hunting down south, close to the border and had a group of 15-20 illegal immigrants walk in on the watering hole I was hunting. Had one walk with in 10 feet of me and had to stand and ask him to leave quickly. The 12 gauge I was carrying help persuade him and the group. Scared the sh*** out of me!!

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: WRIEMER] #2790759 11/28/11 09:24 PM
J
Jacob645 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
A guy on a lease I was on had his wife up in his box blind. A poacher climbed up and opened the door to see her in it. They both stared at each other. She was terrified. He just shut the door and walked away. Pretty scary with a lady involved.

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: WRIEMER] #2790781 11/28/11 09:32 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Sure did and opening morning of gun season too. Lease I was on before my current one I had something going and had to drive in early opening morning instead of the night before. Rear u-joint in my Jeep came apart on the way, so I had to pull out the tools and remove the rear driveshaft, then drive the rest of the way real slow via front drive shaft in 4 wheel drive. So I was late. When I walked up on my nice tower stand the sun was just breaking the horizon.

To my surprise, another lease member was in my stand. I asked what he was doing and he responded that he did not see me in camp and did not think I was coming. He had a nice stand too, feeders running, no reason for him to need to be in mine. And it was OPENING DAY!

But I was cordial. Rather than let him out, I pushed in and latched the door. Told him to scoot over off the chair and sit on a bucket. When he wanted to leave I did not move and said naw, walking out through my hunt area would spoil my hunt. I stayed in that blind well past noon and did not budge. I made his morning very uncomfortable, got the message across, yet I never had to say a bad word to him.

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: Sniper John] #2790876 11/28/11 09:58 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Sure did and opening morning of gun season too. Lease I was on before my current one I had something going and had to drive in early opening morning instead of the night before. Rear u-joint in my Jeep came apart on the way, so I had to pull out the tools and remove the rear driveshaft, then drive the rest of the way real slow via front drive shaft in 4 wheel drive. So I was late. When I walked up on my nice tower stand the sun was just breaking the horizon.

To my surprise, another lease member was in my stand. I asked what he was doing and he responded that he did not see me in camp and did not think I was coming. He had a nice stand too, feeders running, no reason for him to need to be in mine. And it was OPENING DAY!

But I was cordial. Rather than let him out, I pushed in and latched the door. Told him to scoot over off the chair and sit on a bucket. When he wanted to leave I did not move and said naw, walking out through my hunt area would spoil my hunt. I stayed in that blind well past noon and did not budge. I made his morning very uncomfortable, got the message across, yet I never had to say a bad word to him.

banana rofl

[Linked Image]
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: Sniper John] #2791184 11/28/11 11:24 PM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Great story and heck of a good way to handle it .

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: Sniper John] #2791199 11/28/11 11:28 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms

up

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: txshntr] #2791213 11/28/11 11:33 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
i like it.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: passthru] #2791268 11/28/11 11:50 PM
B
bowmadness26 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Hell yeah

~TEAMDBGE~
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: Sniper John] #2791561 11/29/11 01:20 AM
B
BruiserOutlaw Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B

Shoulda ripped off the mornings eggs on him.. Then told him that was your buck grunt.. What did he think???

When in doubt.. Empty the magazine
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: BruiserOutlaw] #2791616 11/29/11 01:32 AM
A
aggiehunter03 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A
Not yet but I do keep pad locks on all mine. It is not going to keep someone out who really wants in but they will have to work a little and likely come back with bolt cutters.

I hunted a Javelina weekend lease once and the landowner told me he caught some illegals in one of his towers and they wouldn't come out. So he tied a chain around the legs and drove off with his truck, and they spilled out.

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: aggiehunter03] #2791932 11/29/11 02:32 AM
T
Team By-God Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
buddy of mine showed me his stand from his last lease and you could see where someone had shot the lock off. dont know if they wanted a hunting spot or looking to steal something.. right now we are in the process of figuring out why a truck showed up on our game camera. its behind a locked gate and the people behind us that use the same access gate say it wasnt them..

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: Team By-God] #2792245 11/29/11 03:44 AM
J
John Smith Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
I had a guy try to climb up mine with me in it, still dark, he made it about half way up before I hit him in the eyes with my mag lite. He hit the ground runnin

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: John Smith] #2792301 11/29/11 03:57 AM
H
HLo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
When I was 12 or 13 I was walking on our place and ran face to face with a poacher on a sendero about 15 feet away. Scared the [censored] out of me and took off running calling for my dad running in a zig zag because I thought the guy might shoot me. Never found out who the guy was but never forgot it and hope it never happens to one of you or your family. I think I would handle it completely different as an adult.

HLo
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: HLo] #2792363 11/29/11 04:20 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Yes, they thought they were hunting NF despite sitting in blind watching a feeder and 3 agree foodplot. Found their truck before I found them, so there was time to go catch a cpl LEOs at camp before they left for their stands. They weren't very observant to be hunting since 4 ppl snuck up to the ground level stand they were in.

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: rifleman] #2792525 11/29/11 05:28 AM
I
Isom's_Duck_Dawgs Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
I
Team BY god we are doing the same right now. Why can't people stay off other peoples land and leave things alone.. Go hunt public land it's cheaper..

Taylor Isom
817-933-2153 Cell

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: WRIEMER] #2792753 11/29/11 12:39 PM
P
PrimitiveHunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: WRIEMER
Not in the stand but was turkey hunting down south, close to the border and had a group of 15-20 illegal immigrants walk in on the watering hole I was hunting. Had one walk with in 10 feet of me and had to stand and ask him to leave quickly. The 12 gauge I was carrying help persuade him and the group. Scared the sh*** out of me!!

When I was hunting around Fairfield, I had a guy walk over a mile from the gate into camp on weekday. I guess he figured no one was there. When he saw my truck, instead of leaving, he started demanding money; saying some dead relative used to own part of the land. When he saw the Colt Python on my hip, he started walking back up the road out of camp. I can't guarantee his original intent but I can say he made the right decision in the end.

Practice doesn’t make perfect.
Practice makes permanent.
Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: PrimitiveHunter] #2792791 11/29/11 01:11 PM
E
enock Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
I haven't actually "caught" someone in my blind but I have acquired a new gun and binoculars. Went to the blind during the week once and I think I scared the guy off. He must have seen my head lights because the door was open to the blind. Nice 30-06 sitting there loaded! I kept it and still have it!

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: Isom's_Duck_Dawgs] #2792801 11/29/11 01:17 PM
Paluxy300blk Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: wild_deer_hunter
We just started having a problem with Trespassers/Poachers. Has anyone ever come upon someone in your deer stand or sitting out in the field?

Yes. I noticed your are in Stephenville. There was some turd so bold as to shoot a spike right on the road in front of our place last year. After he realized he got noticed, he left the spike there. We called GW who was on vacation, neighboring county GW showed up a couple hours later.

Re: Ever found someone in your deer stand [Re: Paluxy300blk] #2793365 11/29/11 04:22 PM
C
CRAnderson52 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Never found someone in a stand before but we were hunting one time in a pop-up about 250 yards off a county road and somebody shot of the road right over us and hit a doe that we were about to pull the trigger on. Was crazy!

On a good note, I guess I did a really good job of brushing in the blind!

You can run but you can't hide...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide