Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Cabalas Breathable waders #2631302 10/04/11 01:15 PM
Guy Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Saw these on sales (link below) thought I would let you know, great deal, I got a pair last year and love them, their lightest chest waders..

Cabela's First Flight® Breathable Hunting Waders

I got a pair of the stocking foot breathable pants (dry-plus) looking for something lighter, and hated them. I got them online and took them back to the new Allen store, tried these on and loved them..

Cabela's Millennium Hunting Wader Jeans

$200 on sales, man they are proud of these things, but I had to have them. I hunted them last day of blue wing, 70 degrees and I was very comfortable.

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Guy] #2631379 10/04/11 01:41 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I have those First Flight ones along with the next class up ones...I might like the First Flight ones more. The legs are kind of short though and it's not like I'm super tall...but its not bad.

The jeans....are those like a stocking foot deal too?

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Marcstar] #2631393 10/04/11 01:45 PM
Guy Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Marcstar
I have those First Flight ones along with the next class up ones...

I had the next class up as well, got a hole in them, they did not have them in stock so I got the First Flight instead, they are about the same..

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Marcstar] #2631394 10/04/11 01:46 PM
Guy Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
The jeans....are those like a stocking foot deal too?

Lace up boot, not stocking..

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Guy] #2631409 10/04/11 01:53 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I bought the First Flight this year too. I wore'em a few times and I like'em. I did order the stout for the shorter inseam and I expected them to be a little more baggie on top. I guess I need to go on a diet?

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Judd] #2631421 10/04/11 01:59 PM
Guy Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
The new First Flight have been changed to fold down to pants, which is a great idea. The old ones you can still fold them down if it is hot, but they were not designed for it.

Those wader jeans tho, ideal for warm weather, I even wore them in the truck. They are not jeans tho fyi…

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Judd] #2631429 10/04/11 02:01 PM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Yeah, I found those (millennium waders not the jeans) in the bargain cave and love them. You should of got the regular waders, because you can fold them over when you want jeans, and secure them with the belt. Or wear them like regular waders with higher water.

They are very comfortable to walk miles in even in the south Texas heat.

Last edited by TXPride; 10/04/11 02:02 PM.

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: TXPride] #2631435 10/04/11 02:05 PM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Also, with good socks those built in lace up boots are plenty warm on cold hunts.

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: TXPride] #2631475 10/04/11 02:19 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
The new Orvis SonicSeams are the way to go. clap

I found some Lacross Alpha SwampFoxes on clearance for $70 this summer. Been pretty happy with them as well.

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: TXPride] #2634186 10/05/11 01:43 PM
Guy Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TXPride
Yeah, I found those (millennium waders not the jeans) in the bargain cave and love them. You should of got the regular waders, because you can fold them over when you want jeans, and secure them with the belt. Or wear them like regular waders with higher water.

They are very comfortable to walk miles in even in the south Texas heat.

Yeah, these?

Cabela's Millennium Hunting Chest Waders

Looks like they got the same lace-up boot as the jean. Yeah I did not want chest breathable waders, I got those, and mine will also fold down into pants, although they are not designed for it you can do it. And chest waders that fold down into pants waders are not a “like for like” substitute for the jean waders, the jean waders are much lighter and cooler which is what I was looking for in having a second pair of breathable waders, I was looking for more diversification in my wader portfolio grin. I tried on the dry plus that are designed now to fold down into pants, it is a nice feature, but not much difference then the older version, and a lot more bulkier than the jean wader. But if you got a lot of walking to do, those lace up boots are nice and very comfortable you just have to take extra care (like 100x care) about not getting stuck in mud, there is no crawling out of those waders, I remember that story posted on the forum about a guy found dead at Lavon stuck in the mud eek2.. I like the side pockets of the jean waders as well, they got holes in the bottom the water drains out.

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Guy] #2634221 10/05/11 01:57 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Yeah, well, I wanted the lightweight, breathable waders for teal season and they don't make 'em for women. At least not in camo. realmad

IRON SPIKE RANCH & KENNELS
Started & Prospective Gun Dog Pups
http://www.youtube.com/ironspikeranch
http://ironspikeranch.net
Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #2634323 10/05/11 02:30 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
It seems like the only thing that needs to fit for waders is the boot unless you are a lard like many on here...then you need the right boot and stouts or as I like to call them...husky.

Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Marcstar] #2634349 10/05/11 02:42 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
It seems like the only thing that needs to fit for waders is the boot unless you are a lard like many on here...then you need the right boot and stouts or as I like to call them...husky.

No, beyond the boot, there are other fit issues. I'm only 5'3" tall and a size 6/8 in women's (pretty small and anything but husky!) The men's waders don't come in boots small enough, they are too tall and the chest is too wide while the hips/butt are too tight. Youth sizes are worse - for women with curves, there is no room to move. There's nothing quite like trying to sit or squat and... well.... blush See? That's me, below disguised as a girl... lol

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Marcstar] #2634351 10/05/11 02:43 PM
Guy Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

eek2 eek2 eek2

Good grief Marc didn’t your Daddy teach you how to talk to a lady? Ladies need specialty fitted waders for those lady curves, ones they don’t make them look fat. grin eek2

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #2634357 10/05/11 02:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
My wife feels your pain. She does luck out some due to she is 5'10.

Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

No, beyond the boot, there are other fit issues. I'm only 5'3" tall and a size 6/8 in women's (pretty small and anything but husky!) The men's waders don't come in boots small enough, they are too tall and the chest is too wide while the hips/butt are too tight. Youth sizes are worse - for women with curves, there is no room to move. There's nothing quite like trying to sit or squat and... well.... blush See? That's me, below disguised as a girl... lol

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Guy] #2634361 10/05/11 02:48 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Guy

eek2 eek2 eek2

Good grief Marc didn’t your Daddy teach you how to talk to a lady? Ladies need specialty fitted waders for those lady curves, ones they don’t make them look fat. grin eek2

lol.... Too funny, guy! I've never posted up a 'nice' pic of myself (and y'all will prolly never see one again, so don't get used to it - I was dolled up for a nite at the rodeo) but I figured Marc needed to eat his words!!! roflmao BTW, my heavyweight waders DO make me 'look fat', but I'm content knowing what's underneath. HMPH!

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #2634418 10/05/11 03:06 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I'm never going to let Dave live it down that he pulled down his waders for our big 5 man limit teal hunt pictures because he said the waders made him look fat. Worse was the fact that they were just down at his ankles for the picture. My wife was like why does that guy have his pants down??

Nice truck Ironspike! And obviously I was joking about wader sizes...making fun of Garrett and some other guys in a round about way with my stout/husky comment. 90% of what I post on these day is somehow related to making fun of guys I hunt with...and yeah what goes around comes around.

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Marcstar] #2634725 10/05/11 05:03 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I'm never going to let Dave live it down that he pulled down his waders for our big 5 man limit teal hunt pictures because he said the waders made him look fat. Worse was the fact that they were just down at his ankles for the picture. My wife was like why does that guy have his pants down??

Oh, don't think you're gonna post up a comment like that without the pic!!!! POST THE DADGUM PIC!!!!!

worthless

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #2634911 10/05/11 06:10 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I think Mack's has waders for women...at least I remember seeing something about womens waders in one of the rags that come in the mail. I almost bought Garrett a pair since he and Dave started wearing makeup but I didn't want to spend the money.

Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Judd] #2634924 10/05/11 06:16 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Judd
I think Mack's has waders for women...at least I remember seeing something about womens waders in one of the rags that come in the mail. I almost bought Garrett a pair since he and Dave started wearing makeup but I didn't want to spend the money.

Just neo's apparentlyi have a pair on order.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: BOBO the Clown] #2634953 10/05/11 06:23 PM
S
sptaylor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
I saw a girl in breathables i thought they were camo.. Maybe just extra small in guys size.. who knows

Last edited by sptaylor; 10/05/11 06:24 PM.
Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: BOBO the Clown] #2635006 10/05/11 06:48 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: Judd

Just neo's apparentlyi have a pair on order.

rofl

You didn't expect her to ask did you????

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Judd] #2635296 10/05/11 08:46 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
I can probably fit 2 of me in my warm weather waders and 3 or 4 of me in my cold weather waders. shocked

[Linked Image]

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: Fooshman] #2635481 10/05/11 09:56 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I got my neoprene waders from Gander Mtn, but they are way too hot for teal season. I checked Mack's, didn't see anything for women. Hey, maybe I should just start my own line - I won't have any competition, that's for sure!

Re: Cabalas Breathable waders [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #2635539 10/05/11 10:15 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs
I got my neoprene waders from Gander Mtn, but they are way too hot for teal season. I checked Mack's, didn't see anything for women. Hey, maybe I should just start my own line - I won't have any competition, that's for sure!
You should!!!!
Women's hunting lines are the fastest growing segment in the industry..and one of the most profitable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide