Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! #2531907 08/25/11 06:15 AM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
I put out a mineral site on my Grandma's 25 acre pasture that had never been deer hunted in the last 60 years. These are the pics from the first two weeks. Guess where I am hunting this year! Which deer would you shoot?
More pics to come... (Having trouble getting them all on here. of the 18 pictures on the card, 12 of them were of nice bucks. These are just the first two! Wait til ya see the lobster claws!!!)

Last edited by wtarush; 08/25/11 04:06 PM.
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2531911 08/25/11 06:22 AM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
More pics...

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2531912 08/25/11 06:26 AM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
aaaand 1 more. That RackDaddy stuff from TX really works!

Last edited by wtarush; 08/25/11 04:06 PM.
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2531913 08/25/11 06:30 AM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
Before the mineral lick I couldn't imagine even one of these bucks being on my Grandma's place and its only been two weeks...in the summer no less!!!

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2532003 08/25/11 11:47 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Nice bucks. Nice that you have some neighbors that have larger farms to hold some deer also.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: stxranchman] #2532355 08/25/11 02:49 PM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
G'ma's is an 80 acre farm...only 25 in pasture. The surrounding farms are hay, corn and beans this year and almost every farm in the area are similar in size to Grandma's. There are several treed farms across the road to the west (and several houses), a few overgrown waterways, but otherwise...its baren. The area certainly isn't wide open south TX ranch land. Aaaand you are right! Its a good thing the neighbors aren't using the rackdaddy wink.

Last edited by wtarush; 08/25/11 02:59 PM.
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2532369 08/25/11 02:56 PM
L
Lazy L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
What's the products name? Oh yea rackdaddy, you said it 8 times. Hank Parker said C'mere Deer is better!! bolt

"Hey running' buddy what'll say to a twelve pack"

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: Lazy L] #2532392 08/25/11 03:03 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I think if you would have put up the camera without the mineral site you would have seen more than you think

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: Lazy L] #2532393 08/25/11 03:03 PM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
The difference? Nobody pays me to use it, or say a name. I use it because of what's in these pictures.

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2532459 08/25/11 03:33 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Dump out a 50lb bag of corn infront of it next time and see what happens.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: redchevy] #2532552 08/25/11 04:14 PM
J
jcoutdoors Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Dump out a 50lb bag of corn infront of it next time and see what happens.

Gary does not know how rough you guys play on here. He is just super excited to see that quality of deer on a small property in such a short time. And to be getting daylight photos lets you know that in less than 3 weeks one of those bucks could be his. He harvested a great buck last year over one of my mineral sites about 20 miles to the west of this property. He has seen it in action.

Quoted above; yes corn works great and does so even on deer that are surrounded by agriculture. And we use corn when we get close to season as well. The beauty of the mineral lick I developed is that you get a minimum of 4 to 6 months of attraction and overall health improvement of your whitetail for the price of 2 bags of corn. Which in Kansas 100 lbs of corn will bait a site for about 3 days. Those big deer have big appetites.

When we place these mineral sites in a month or less you will see numerous trails leading to them proving that its working.

Are there other mineral lick products that are just as good? Possibly but I dont think so, at least none that I know of that are made in Texas.

Is it the answer we have all been waiting for as a deer attractant? Certainly not, was not developed to be an attractant but strangely enough it works better than any attractant I have ever used including some mentioned above.

I have one week left on my pre-launch special pricing to THF members. It saves you a little over $7 on 20lbs. There are a lot of THF members that have field tested it and a lot that have purchased it and I am thankful for there support. I was also glad that I could extend a little savings to the THF family and this great site that we all get to enjoy.

Not many of you know me on the THF but on the TFF I have a long history as host of the J C Outdoors Bass Trails. I am very passionate about deer hunting and enjoy spending time here on the THF in the fall and winter.

Thanks for listening and you guys know how to find our product if and when your ready to give it a try.

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: redchevy] #2532609 08/25/11 04:36 PM
N
nochance4win Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
I put out my first mineral site (Antler Builder by Nutra Deer) back in June. I put in two sites on our ranch and have not been back since. Going down Labor Day weekend and am stoked to see what shows up on the cameras. Almost like Christmas...what did I get!!!!

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: nochance4win] #2532671 08/25/11 04:56 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I dont mean to be a buzz kill. Just the way it comes off it sounded like a sales pitch to me. As in look what I see on 25 acres just by putting out "X" mineral lick. There are lots of gimics that get pushed posibly too hard on here so sometimes people talking about products can get a little harsh replys.

They are some great looking deer and I would be happy to see them at my place. Let us know if you get one of them.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: redchevy] #2532764 08/25/11 05:29 PM
F
Fishenstein Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
I have been a believer in mineral licks for years. I have used all sorts of brands like vitarack, 30-06, rack-up... never heard of rackdaddy though. I wouldnt mind trying it once I'm out of what I currently have stocked up.

Something that I do once the deer quit hitting my minerals as much (usually around mid October) is I put salt down instead. I like to use apple flavored salt, but regular ice cream rock salt is a lot cheaper and seems to work just fine. It will soak into the soil and last a lot longer...especially if hogs are bad where you are.

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: redchevy] #2532845 08/25/11 06:01 PM
J
jcoutdoors Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: redchevy
I dont mean to be a buzz kill. Just the way it comes off it sounded like a sales pitch to me. As in look what I see on 25 acres just by putting out "X" mineral lick. There are lots of gimics that get pushed posibly too hard on here so sometimes people talking about products can get a little harsh replys.

They are some great looking deer and I would be happy to see them at my place. Let us know if you get one of them.

Agreed Red Chevy and I am trying to not let it get carried away on this site or any other site. You guys have been great to me on here and Gary is really just trying to help me and get the word out because of his success with the product.

I do not want this or any of my products to go the way of a few others I have seen on here.

Come September 1st ordering will be as easy as a click of the buttton on my web site. I know the quality of the product and the value at which I am marketing it is a good opportunity to start a lick site or two and see for yourself.

Be Blessed
Mark Howard

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: redchevy] #2533070 08/25/11 07:29 PM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
Thanx, I am doing everything I can not to go out there and pull the memory card from the camera every day! This is the first time I have ever used a trail cam and its a blast! I will try to put on new pictures the next time I check it.

My hopes are that one of these deer will be my daughter's first buck. The pictures have made her super excited too!

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2533585 08/25/11 10:26 PM
D
Dodge_Rock Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Those trail cam pics are great. Post up some night photos if you get any. Good luck this season.

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2535086 08/26/11 01:50 PM
Rockinmyshoe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: wtarush
Thanx, I am doing everything I can not to go out there and pull the memory card from the camera every day! This is the first time I have ever used a trail cam and its a blast! I will try to put on new pictures the next time I check it.

My hopes are that one of these deer will be my daughter's first buck. The pictures have made her super excited too!

I think its great that your daughter might have a chance to put one of these on the wall cheerleader

Good Job Dad up

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2535186 08/26/11 02:15 PM
T
T4PL Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
G'ma's is an 80 acre farm...only 25 in pasture. The surrounding farms are hay, corn and beans this year and almost every farm in the area are similar in size to Grandma's. There are several treed farms across the road to the west (and several houses), a few overgrown waterways, but otherwise...its baren. The area certainly isn't wide open south TX ranch land. Aaaand you are right! Its a good thing the neighbors aren't using the rackdaddy wink.

Wow! Those are some nice bucks. Sounds like your 25 acres is a sanctuary for the deer inside surrounding farmland. Don't put too much pressure on them or they may leave the area. Looks like your season is going to end up being very good.

Class of 2003
Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: Rockinmyshoe] #2535659 08/26/11 04:38 PM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
Originally Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

I think its great that your daughter might have a chance to put one of these on the wall cheerleader

Good Job Dad up

Thanks a bunch! Last year she took her first doe while sitting in the branches of a cedar tree and I have never seen her so excited. I am looking forward to her hunt more than any deer I might take this year. (Oh! Perfect cheerleading avatar for her! When she's not hunting she's all girl.)

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: Dodge_Rock] #2535667 08/26/11 04:41 PM
W
wtarush Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
Originally Posted By: Dodge_Rock
Those trail cam pics are great. Post up some night photos if you get any. Good luck this season.

Will do. Suprisingly, three doe in two different pics were the only night photos taken. Not what I would have expected considering the time of year and the heat.

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: wtarush] #2535711 08/26/11 04:53 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I think not being hunted in 60 year is more like it, not the mineral stuff.

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: dgilbert] #2536086 08/26/11 07:00 PM
J
jcoutdoors Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Trust me it has been hunted. In Kansas we find stands all the time on property that we control and have access too. It reminds me somewhat of East Texas in that it may be your lease on the weekend but when you are not there, game on.
Here is a crazy notion I found out about when hunting Kansas early on. If you have hunting permission from landowners on both sides of a road you can actually hunt from the truck.
A couple of sites on a small property is like a magnet to the deer on surrounding properties most of which are small in the part of Kansas we hunt, this is due to providing much needed minerals and vitamins that the deer do not get from the surrounding forage or land owners.
It will work on big properties as well especially if you want to set up a couple of sites in your hunting quadrant to lure your hunting buds deer into hanging around your area more.
Property size does not matter at the end of the day its all about the Rack Daddy.

Good Hunting Guys Wishing You All Much Success This Season

If I Can Be Of Help Please Give Me A Call

Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: Dodge_Rock] #2537636 08/27/11 03:57 AM
K
KeithTT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Dodge_Rock
Agreed! I love the wildgame. Which one in particular is this? infared or just the $49 one from academy. Either way I too have found em' to be great. I was surprized when the $49 2megapixel camera was shooting clear pic's out to 20 yard's. Not tryin' to start a game cam war here people just interested in which one he is using as i am in the market to buy some more and haven't tried any of their new ones.

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Re: Ever wonder if mineral sites work? Not anymore!!! [Re: KeithTT] #2537769 08/27/11 04:50 AM
S
Stoney Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I have heard that Vegavetavitamen is a super cool mineral drop. Anybody else in for a super fun cool groovy time? We need to call Lucy and see if she still sells it....Geesh

Last edited by craigr; 08/27/11 04:50 AM.

BAKEN-ET's Pro Staff
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide