Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gun stores to start closing [Re: Buzzsaw] #6861946 08/19/17 10:37 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Ah, Yes. I almost went to work for ray after College 1976. He said I should look for something permeant. I still go by there, Lots of good food down there now. I still like the old ODOM's BBQ. Greatness . Hog jowls, turnip greens ox tails, and the BEST ribs in the world !!!

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Gun stores to start closing [Re: Buzzsaw] #6862212 08/20/17 02:16 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Mr Saw, thanks for not posting pics of the jowls and tails.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Gun stores to start closing [Re: Chunky Dunk] #6862232 08/20/17 02:42 AM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: Chunky Dunk
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
I try to buy local and I don't mind paying a little more for good service, but I draw the line at attitude and bad manners.
My wife is an experienced shooter and knows her guns. She was interested in a new CC revolver so we stopped at a local gun shop in Clute. The guy working the counter was very condescending and rude to my wife when she insisted on looking at revolvers instead of autoloaders. To boot, he kept staring at her boobs right in front of me. I wanted to throttle the guy.
I asked to talk with the manager and he said he wasn't there. Asked for a phone number to speak with him and he said he doesn't like to give that out. I will never darken the door of that place ever again.
We bought her a new revolver from Sportsman's guide and saved a ton of money. Had a FFL friend do the transfer for a beer.

Used to live in that area, I guarantee I know which store you are talking about. The owner is a piece of work, and so are most of his employees. He tried to do me dirty on deal once. I have never given him any of my money again. And he is usually one of the biggest exhibitors at local gun shows. There is a gun shop in Brazoria, Williams firearms, if he doesn't have it he will order it for you and his prices are fair.

Yea, it's not hard to guess, there's only one. And yes, he dominates the local gun shows. And again you are right about Williams. I've stopped in several times because I get my hair cut at the barber shop down the street. I haven't bought any guns from there yet, but they are always so friendly that I feel compelled to at least pick up a box of shells when I stop.

Re: Gun stores to start closing [Re: Buzzsaw] #6866394 08/23/17 08:07 PM
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
Props to the young kid at Rifle Gear in Plano, he is a first class young man.

I do have to say, If I were working at a gun store and have to listen to all the know it all, expert customers. I would go nuts.

This.

Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Re: Gun stores to start closing [Re: Buzzsaw] #6869057 08/26/17 01:53 AM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I too love Rifle Gear. Their prices are fair, good selection. I've used their gunsmithing services many times and always been happy. It's the only gunsmith I use now. Since my regular FFL transfer has gone out of business, I'll move all my transfer business there too if they do that. I forgot to ask when I was in there today. Picked up a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for a Glock 21 RH (the one with both paddle and belt attachment, not the Sportster) for $25. You can't even get them on ebay for that price. I've bought a few guns there and will continue to do so.

I like Rays, if it wasn't such a drive I'd go there more than I do. I love the old timey kind of gun stores, just don't see them much anymore.

Earl

Last edited by Earl; 08/26/17 01:55 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Gun stores to start closing [Re: Buzzsaw] #6869493 08/26/17 04:22 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Well I am changing my. Tune from the last post on here.

Went in to a local shop two Wednesdays ago and ordered a Beretta a400. Called today to check on it and was told they never ordered it. Now they are trying to see if they can even find it anywhere to order. They had it at two distributors last week which is why I went with the one I did (xtreme unico synthetic) over the xplor unico that they couldn't find.

I'm pretty pissed, especially since dove season is Friday and I've already paid for half of it.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide